Type keyword(s) to search

Jacob and Izzy

• Start Topic

Jacob always looks like he's desperately in need of a shower and a shave to tidy up his fish whiskers.

He has scraggly hairs on his cheeks and his eyebrows are turning into a unibrow 

At least Izzy looks clean and well groomed.

So they aren't living in their van anymore?... Hope the got a place with a yard for their 2 large dogs.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Jacob always looks like he's desperately in need of a shower and a shave to tidy up his fish whiskers.

He has scraggly hairs on his cheeks and his eyebrows are turning into a unibrow 

At least Izzy looks clean and well groomed.

So they aren't living in their van anymore?... Hope the got a place with a yard for their 2 large dogs.

He still looks like a grungy 13 year old and she looks like his older sister.  

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Wow, Jacob says he was molested by a show producer.  He's certainly a better writer than his brother...

image.png.f7e143bbafd5cf85408d20fd440de230.png

That explains his anger at the show.  He says exactly what I think we have all been saying about kids growing up on reality tv.  

• Love 13

TLC is claiming they just found out about this.

TLC responded to Jacob’s allegations in a statement to Us Weekly on Wednesday, December 16: “TLC was just informed about an alleged encounter that occurred years ago involving a third party connected to the production of Little People, Big World. We are saddened and troubled by this very serious allegation, and TLC will work cooperatively with the authorities. Our main focus remains on supporting the Roloff family during this very difficult time.”

I'm having difficulty posting links but it was in US Weekly

• Love 1

I feel horrible for Jacob. Hopefully this news will stop the other TLC families and Zach and Tori from exploiting their children on this network.

They won't even think twice. The money is too good and the fame is too addicting. I have a feeling we will hear many stories like these as the former kids of reality television become adults.

On 12/15/2020 at 10:10 PM, heatherchandler said:

That explains his anger at the show.  He says exactly what I think we have all been saying about kids growing up on reality tv.  

Yes ! It's all making sense now...his anger, his drug use, his resentment of the show, his problems in high school...it almost seems like a slap in the face that Amy, Matt and Zach continue to film and receive paychecks from TLC. Jacob was the perfect target for a pedophile...he was pretty much ignored and on his own since both parents were engrossed in their own endeavors or obsessing on the twins. Mollie was self suffcient and didn't need to be the center of attention but Jacob was just left to fend for himself after their friend died...I forgot his name  but he basically became a second father to Jacob along with doing a lot of the dirty work on the farm. Pedophiles pick up on that kind of thing and swoop in with months of grooming before making their moves. It's always with a child that is basically being either ignored or emotionally abandoned. You can tell Jacob has had alot of therapy...I'm glad he got help and is finding his way through the pain and anger.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

. . . Jacob was just left to fend for himself after their friend died...I forgot his name  but he basically became a second father to Jacob along with doing a lot of the dirty work on the farm. Pedophiles pick up on that kind of thing and swoop in with months of grooming before making their moves. It's always with a child that is basically being either ignored or emotionally abandoned. You can tell Jacob has had alot of therapy...I'm glad he got help and is finding his way through the pain and anger.

The family friend was Mike.  And his death made Jacob easier pickings.  Had Jacob confided in anyone, it probably would have been Mike.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The family friend was Mike.  And his death made Jacob easier pickings.  Had Jacob confided in anyone, it probably would have been Mike.

It makes me so sick, sad, and angry that predators look for any kid, but especially kids who are already hurting and dealing with so much else.  

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Yes! Mike!...thank you. He really was like a father to Jacob. He even coached his soccer if I remember correctly. I think Jacob suffered greatly after Mike passed. God knows Matt wasn't there for him nor was Amy. They were only all about the Jeremy and Zach...and making money. 

• Love 4
On 12/16/2020 at 3:36 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

TLC is claiming they just found out about this.

I'm having difficulty posting links but it was in US Weekly

If TLC just found out about this could that mean  Matt and Amy just found out about it?  Surely if they knew they would have taken it to TLC.  Something is amiss about all of this.

Also the timing.  One week before Christmas.  It has to be very hurtful to his siblings if this is the first they are hearing about Jacob being molested by a man/producer that worked with all of them for years.  True there is never a perfect time but after all these years to reveal on athis date.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

If TLC just found out about this could that mean  Matt and Amy just found out about it?  Surely if they knew they would have taken it to TLC.  Something is amiss about all of this.

Also the timing.  One week before Christmas.  It has to be very hurtful to his siblings if this is the first they are hearing about Jacob being molested by a man/producer that worked with all of them for years.  True there is never a perfect time but after all these years to reveal on athis date.

Good points... I can't wait to see if the Roloff's will actually give up the almighty dollar and end their relationship or if they'll continue to film and take TLC money.

It's one thing to post supportive sentiments for Jacob but it's another thing to take a stand and sever ties with the TLC gravy train.

Talk is cheap... Let's see if they're willing to turn their back on TLC... I doubt it.

I have a feeling that Amy will want her wedding money and Matt will want his share too.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

It's one thing to post supportive sentiments for Jacob but it's another thing to take a stand and sever ties with the TLC gravy train.

Considering the muted nature and tone of their responses, I suspect the family was aware before three days ago of the situation. Jut my opinion, but this is Matt and Amy of the "that govt inspector violated us and we're taking it to the supreme curt if we need to because we have the right to privacy" not exactly kicking up much anger or fuss over their child being sexually violated by someone who they brought into the social circle. I mean, someone wandering on the farm and they were both butt hurt for years, but their youngest molested by their buddy the producer and "so proud of you" and no "we will personally have this man sued back to the stone ages for violating our child!"?

• Love 3

To be honest we don’t know the whole story. Perhaps Matt and Amy did know.   Perhaps they disagreed on what to do.  Perhaps they did a lot to help their son. 

Being the parent of a molested child in 2007 was certainly different than it is now.  

Me Too movement changed things for survivors but there is still the shame of ‘being touched’ and parents will do anything to protect their child. 

I just find it strange TLC is saying this is the first we knew.  I’m guessing the Roloff s and TLC have a closer relationship than that over something like this!

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Considering the muted nature and tone of their responses, I suspect the family was aware before three days ago of the situation. Jut my opinion, but this is Matt and Amy of the "that govt inspector violated us and we're taking it to the supreme curt if we need to because we have the right to privacy" not exactly kicking up much anger or fuss over their child being sexually violated by someone who they brought into the social circle. I mean, someone wandering on the farm and they were both butt hurt for years, but their youngest molested by their buddy the producer and "so proud of you" and no "we will personally have this man sued back to the stone ages for violating our child!"?

yes exactly, you said it better than I did

I really hope they sever ties with TLC but I have a sick feeling that they won't and they'll come up with some crazy reason and that will be that 😑

Edited by Dustbunny
spellingK
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

My gut feeling is that Matt and Amy and TLC probably did not know.  Right now, there is probably a LOT of scurrying going on behind the scenes on the part of all of them.

Matt and Amy know that Jacob can just walk out of their lives at this point and not look back.  He said in his statement that his family was not involved in the issues he was dealing with.  I hope they love him enough to work respectfully with him on what happens now between Jacob, the pedophile, and TLC. 

This isn't about Matt and Amy.  This is about Jacob, the pedophile, and the company that brought the pedo into his life.  What M&A SHOULD do, though, is to stop the production of the show RIGHT NOW.  Don't let TLC continue to manipulate the family with money.  Don't earn another penny for TLC.  The Roloffs have enough to live comfortably for the rest of their lives.  They need to pay their own way from now on, out of respect for Jacob . . . who has "paid" a higher price than the money the family has been given by TLC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I agree so much.    They should stop filming this second, and also, take the reruns off the air.    It will be interesting to see if money cancels out compassion for Jacob.  or if his family keeps going with the show. 

I can imagine their justification, that the person involved isn't with the production company any longer, but that's not enough.   If filming, and reruns continue, then I will be outraged.   

The last IMDB credit I can find is 2014, so anyone know what he's doing now?   I hope the statute of limitations isn't over yet.    

The way Amy's post reads to me, she didn't know, or didn't want to know. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I can't imagine how painful it would be for Jacob to watch his family carry on filming with TLC plus reruns would be torture because Jacobs memory of what was going on behind the scenes during this episode or that episode.

The Roloff's should pull the plug on future filming and insist that older episodes are locked away or destroyed because of the emotional baggage attached to them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Amy wants a TLC filmed wedding and the paycheck that goes along with it.....she's not giving that up IMO.

I don't see anyone giving up the profits earned by the show. I know people despise Amy but ANYONE who continues on with the show - including precious Matt who is touted as the one with the brains and the drive to sell out the family's privacy on the tv show where he gets ALL the honors for being the one who made the show happen - need to consider the price was the youngest member of the family being sexually assaulted.

That means the big house, and the double wide and the wedding property, and everyone's palatial McMansion offsite and Matt's lovely AZ vacation home and all the fun vacations and treats - its all tainted. And none of them are likely to hand back the profits accumulated at Jacob's expense. I trust if Matt and Zach continue to be on the show, they are treated with equal scorn if they aren't giving up the paycheck. 

I don't mean to sound harsh, but knowing that one of the children was molested directly because of the show should be affecting how everyone feels about all the cool material things the show bought them.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

For those asking if the family publicly commented on Jacob’s revelation below is what was posted:

According to People magazine the family wrote the following in regards to Jacobs revelation:

Amy- “I love you forever and always Jacob. I'm proud of you. Now you don't have to feel alone and carry this around anymore.”

Matt- “Love you Jacob George Roloff … very proud!”

Isabel -“Proud to know you, proud to love you, proud to be your wife,”.

Audrey, commented on a line in his social media statement, “'Asking harder preliminary questions,’” she shared. “Love that line. Hate that you had to live through this Jacob.”

Tori, “Love you, George,” (Jacob’s middle name)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I don't see anyone giving up the profits earned by the show. I know people despise Amy but ANYONE who continues on with the show - including precious Matt who is touted as the one with the brains and the drive to sell out the family's privacy on the tv show where he gets ALL the honors for being the one who made the show happen - need to consider the price was the youngest member of the family being sexually assaulted.

That means the big house, and the double wide and the wedding property, and everyone's palatial McMansion offsite and Matt's lovely AZ vacation home and all the fun vacations and treats - its all tainted. And none of them are likely to hand back the profits accumulated at Jacob's expense. I trust if Matt and Zach continue to be on the show, they are treated with equal scorn if they aren't giving up the paycheck. 

I don't mean to sound harsh, but knowing that one of the children was molested directly because of the show should be affecting how everyone feels about all the cool material things the show bought them.

Matt is also touted as the emotionally absent father, husband and sometimes drunk who screwed around with an employee behind his wife's back.

Amy is touted as the rock who held the family together and loved her husband and children.

If we're to believe that Matt is an asshole and Amy is a saint it should be obvious.

Matt will continue to put money first and Amy will wash her hands of the dirty money and turn her back on any further ill gotten gains.

I guess time will tell who's actually willing to put their money where their mouth is and do the right thing.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Matt is also touted as the emotionally absent father, husband and sometimes drunk who screwed around with an employee behind his wife's back.

Amy is touted as the rock who held the family together and loved her husband and children.

If we're to believe that Matt is an asshole and Amy is a saint it should be obvious.

Matt will continue to put money first and Amy will wash her hands of the dirty money and turn her back on any further ill gotten gains.

I guess time will tell who's actually willing to put their money where their mouth is and do the right thing.

My guess is neither will give up the money, at least voluntarily.  I don’t draw a clear line between Matt and Amy as to who is “good” and who is “ bad”— imo, they both have their faults.

• Love 7

I don't anticipate either Matt or Amy - or Zach or Jeremy for that matter - giving up any of the money and material things and fame that they've earned. 

8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

He's also touted as the brilliant go getter who invited the show into their lives who didn't let the family stop of his dreams of building the farm.... knowing it directly led to his son being sexually molested by a man Matt brought to the farm and insisted the family interact with, I'd hope he'd have more to say on the topic but I don't expect it. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Adiba said:

My guess is neither will give up the money, at least voluntarily.  I don’t draw a clear line between Matt and Amy as to who is “good” and who is “ bad”— imo, they both have their faults.

I agree and I won't be at all surprised if Amy collects a big fat check for her wedding and Matt will take his share of the profits and LPBW will continue to line everyone's pockets into the future... I hope I'm wrong.

I find it interesting that the twins are silent, were they aware of what was happening, were they also victimized by the pedophile producer?

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

find it interesting that the twins are silent, were they aware of what was happening, were they also victimized by the pedophile producer?

Well, Jeremy has always been a self involved snot so if it doesn't affect Jeremy directly, I doubt he'd notice. And both are dimwits so maybe not. 

As to being victimized? I sure hope not and I kinda doubt it for different reasons. Jeremy was always the center of attention for both of his parents and Mike the family friend and never displayed any troubling behaviors unlike Jacob. Zach would hve been groomed by a pedofile more easily but I suspect this might be a case where his dwarfism paid off - if you're a pedofile, do you pick the sullen 15 year old in his twin brother's shadow or the ten year old that is cute and that everyone ignores?

• Love 1

Jacob may be the only normal one other than Molly in that family.   He seems to be in a good place at the moment.  Maybe he's happy.    I wish him well and I'm sorry this happened to him.   

• Love 6

Hummm if Matt was such a bad guy but Amy was a wonderful nurturing mother how did she miss this?  It went on for years.

It's been said Amy was right there for her kids but Matt not so much so the balls in Amy' s court!  What happened Amy?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Hummm if Matt was such a bad guy but Amy was a wonderful nurturing mother how did she miss this?  It went on for years.

Well, Matt's dream of having a tv show where he was the center of attention and made the money with all his clever ideas kinda took precedence, didn't it? I mean, he brought the predator into their home.  Making money and being the center of attention always was Matt's priority.

Mind you, when it came to Jacob, he was always a distant fourth in the race for Amy's attention. Both parents deserve blame, not one over the other. In my opinion, at least.

• Love 5

There's a LOT of assumptions going on here. Unless I missed it, Jacob never said this went on for years or that he told his parents years ago.  Maybe it did and maybe he told them at the time, but we just don't know. He wouldn't be the first victim of molestation to not say anything, especially a male victim. For all we know, he told Matt and Amy days before it hit the press. The producer last worked for the show in 2010, so Jacob would have been early teens, again quite possible he didn't say anything. It certainly would explain a lot of the on going issues Jacob had thru the rest of his teens though, especially if he kept it bottled up. I'm not saying Matt and Amy were the worlds's best parents, but I'm also not ready to string either of them up. Unfortunately, the majority of kids molested are victimized by people close to them, be it family members, family friends, or trusted adults. To blame anyone except the producer who did this, well I just can't get behind that. Do we blame parents when it turns out Uncle Bob or Pastor Tim has been touching Jenny or molesting Bobby? No, for the most part, we don't. Yeah if the adult has other known victims all bets are off, but to blame Matt and Amy would be like blaming Jacob IMO. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

There's a LOT of assumptions going on here. Unless I missed it, Jacob never said this went on for years or that he told his parents years ago.  Maybe it did and maybe he told them at the time, but we just don't know. He wouldn't be the first victim of molestation to not say anything, especially a male victim. For all we know, he told Matt and Amy days before it hit the press. The producer last worked for the show in 2010, so Jacob would have been early teens, again quite possible he didn't say anything. It certainly would explain a lot of the on going issues Jacob had thru the rest of his teens though, especially if he kept it bottled up. I'm not saying Matt and Amy were the worlds's best parents, but I'm also not ready to string either of them up. Unfortunately, the majority of kids molested are victimized by people close to them, be it family members, family friends, or trusted adults. To blame anyone except the producer who did this, well I just can't get behind that. Do we blame parents when it turns out Uncle Bob or Pastor Tim has been touching Jenny or molesting Bobby? No, for the most part, we don't. Yeah if the adult has other known victims all bets are off, but to blame Matt and Amy would be like blaming Jacob IMO. 

The biggest assumption is that Jacob is telling the truth in the first place. All we have is his making a statement on a social media site. Maybe it happened as he is hinting, or maybe he's just getting tired of the gypsy lifestyle and wants back into the family limelight. After all, "MeToo" has been used a lot by people wanting instant attention. Just saying, it's far from time to start whistling up the angry mob to administer Social Justice.

17 minutes ago, Not Buyin It said:

The biggest assumption is that Jacob is telling the truth in the first place. All we have is his making a statement on a social media site. Maybe it happened as he is hinting, or maybe he's just getting tired of the gypsy lifestyle and wants back into the family limelight. After all, "MeToo" has been used a lot by people wanting instant attention. Just saying, it's far from time to start whistling up the angry mob to administer Social Justice.

The thought crossed my mind as well . . . BUT . . . for him to have actually named the guy he's accusing would be foolhardy if Jacob is lying.  He'd be opening himself up to a lot of legal repercussions for libel, defamation of character, etc.  Plus . . . we've heard no denials from the producer, which seems strange.  Maybe he's just "lawyering up," but usually a person issues a statement or refers people to their attorney.

Had Jacob just put out a statement of "I was molested by a crew member," I'd be more skeptical.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Not Buyin It said:

He didn't in any way hint at the allegation; he just didn't give the sordid details.  Not to mention, this would be a terrible way to try to get back into the "family limelight" and to try to get instant attention.  

• Love 3

I just don’t see Jacob making this up.  If he wanted back on the show I’m sure they’d  be happy to include him on that struggle-for-a-storyline past-its-due-date show.  How many times can Matt and Amy fight about the farm? 

Another reason I believe him is that he names an actual person and doesn’t just say “a crew member” and secondly, who the hell is this crew member? I mean Jacob is more “famous” than he is so what’s the point of naming somebody few people in the general public heard of, also  Jacob states the producer texted him, that can be proven one way or another.  Finally, where is this Chris dude or his lawyer exclaiming his innocence?  In this type of accusation you get in front of, even if he didn’t make a statement himself, you’d think his attorney would be shouting from the rooftops about these scurrilous accusations.  I just don’t see the upside to this for Jacob if it weren’t true I mean I think he’s gotta know a “celebrity” accusing a guy on an international platform of being a child molester would get him sued or in trouble at the very least.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 4

I believe Jacob plus these things don't usually happen in a vacuum and they aren't a one time thing.

The producer is probably quiet because he did it and he knows there's additional victims that could step forward, he's probably hoping it will all be settled and quietly go away.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I believe Jacob plus these things don't usually happen in a vacuum and they aren't a one time thing.

The producer is probably quiet because he did it and he knows there's additional victims that could step forward, he's probably hoping it will all be settled and quietly go away.

Agree . . . most pedophiles are not "just once with this one kid" people.  

• Love 3