Type keyword(s) to search

Jacob and Izzy

• Start Topic

Well, first Lucyeth, I put equal responsibility on both Matt and Amy. Second, yes, Matt bears some responsibility for creating the situation where his youngest son was abused and continuing to profit from it. So does Amy BTW. 

I was making the point that if we're going to argue Amy should've known the adults from the show supervising her kids while filming were child molesters, then so should Matt. He was on that trip too. He is their father. And if we're going to play the how could he have known game, I merely point out that Amy needs to be included in that excuse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Ella, I'm not interested in the trip or who was responsible for supervision.  I was referring to the statement that Matt creating the show is somehow responsible for what happened to Jacob.  That's like saying if Tori didn't get pregnant she would not have had a miscarriage.  

For the record what happened to Jacob IMO falls on both Amy and Matt,  but saying the creation of show by Matt is a factor is really a stretch.  

I also hope you were not trying to say those of us who support Matt think that Jacob being abused was okay because Matt made money.  That is not okay!

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Ella, I'm not interested in the trip or who was responsible for supervision.  I was referring to the statement that Matt creating the show is somehow responsible for what happened to Jacob.  That's like saying if Tori didn't get pregnant she would not have had a miscarriage.  

For the record what happened to Jacob IMO falls on both Amy and Matt,  but saying the creation of show by Matt is a factor is really a stretch.  

I also hope you were not trying to say those of us who support Matt think that Jacob being abused was okay because Matt money.  That is not okay!

Responsibility for what happened rests squarely on the perpetrator, IMO.  You can say Matt (and Amy) created the situation that made it possible, but they simply entrusted the professional and TLC-vetted, presumably, employees just as how many other parents in TLC families with minor children have (and do to this day)?  They are MORE responsible, if anything else happens, having this precedent set.

• Love 8

It still surprises me that these pedophiles always find ways to have enough privacy with a child to abuse them sexually.

In this case we have older siblings, Matt, Amy, farm employees and other crew members yet this creep was able to abuse Jacob… I’d really like to know how he went about it… where did it happen?

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

It still surprises me that these pedophiles always find ways to have enough privacy with a child to abuse them sexually.

In this case we have older siblings, Matt, Amy, farm employees and other crew members yet this creep was able to abuse Jacob… I’d really like to know how he went about it… where did it happen?

I think Jacob’s own use of the word, “grooming” is a start.

• Love 4

Mod Announcement:

Several posts have been moved to the Jacob and Izzy thread. Given that the molestations were not discussed on the show, the All Episodes Thread is not the appropriate place for the discussion. 

You are always free to reply and state "Taking my response to xyz thread."

Further off topic posts will be removed, not moved. 

2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I also hope you were not trying to say those of us who support Matt think that Jacob being abused was okay because Matt made money.  That is not okay!

Nope - I just don't think Matt is terribly concerned that Jacob was abused because of Matt's plan to make money. I include Amy in that as well. That both parents continue to work on a reality show where the production staff was abusing one of their kids with utterly no reaction tells me where Jacob is valued versus the paychecks and obviously everyone prefers paychecks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Nope - I just don't think Matt is terribly concerned that Jacob was abused because of Matt's plan to make money. I include Amy in that as well. That both parents continue to work on a reality show where the production staff was abusing one of their kids with utterly no reaction tells me where Jacob is valued versus the paychecks and obviously everyone prefers paychecks. 

this. Just confirms what i thought, the family are The Shitheads.

• Love 4

This Jacob situation really makes me sad. I really wish it could have been avoided. I hope Jacob has had some counseling and has dealt with this horrible situation then best he can. I hope he has a good relationship with his family now. I hope he is able to be a kind and protective father. 

• Love 7

I took a quick look at the alleged perpetrator's IMDB page. He's been working as a producer on reality shows since the early 2000's (although no other shows with children that appeared regularly). Interestingly, it seems that he worked directly for Amy in 2011 and 2012 producing a charity golf event that she runs. (He's credited as the producer for the 3rd and 4th annual events). This says to me that not only did he establish a relationship with Jacob, but that he ingratiated himself with the family as well. 

I don't think its fair to say its the parent's responsibility, this is a tragedy all the way around.

At the same time, it doesn't surprise me that neither Amy or Matt would walk away from the show. It's providing steady employment to Zack and Tori, neither of whom seems to have a lot of other marketable skills that would allow them to support their family and the expenses that come along with raising special needs kids. I'm sure the show probably helps cover the operating costs of the farm as well, which may be moot shortly, but is still important now. 

• Useful 3
On 7/23/2021 at 3:35 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

I don’t agree with you very often Ella but in this instance I agree 100%
From what I saw Matt and Amy made some rather mild statements addressing the abuse and then dropped it like a hot potato and carried on with TLC and the show.

later Matt made comments that seemed to say he still wasn’t aware of when the molestation took place which surprised me, (I don’t know if Amy made any other comments) if it was one of my kids I would have wanted all the details (maybe Jacob didn’t want to talk about it) but it made wonder wtf?…. Have they even tried to see if Jacob would like to talk? Or if he would feel better if they’d stop dealing with TLC? If it was my kid I would want to know these things.

bottomline I feel terrible for Jacob having to carry on and watch his family still cuddle up to TLC and their paychecks 💰 😟

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don’t agree with you very often Ella but in this instance I agree 100%

Stopped clocks are right twice a day ;)

3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

From what I saw Matt and Amy made some rather mild statements addressing the abuse and then dropped it like a hot potato and carried on with TLC and the show.

Yes, comments to the effect of "So proud".

4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

later Matt made comments that seemed to say he still wasn’t aware of when the molestation took place which surprised me,

I thought he was intentionally trying to obfuscate the timeline to imply Jacob wasn't THAT young - he played dumb about it and said it happened in 2015 even though Jacob said it happened years earlier and Chris Cardamone tried to initiate new contact in 2015. This downplays how young Jacob would have been - Cardamone worked on the show from 2007 to 2010. He was also quick to insist no one had any idea and ALSO the abuse absolutely DID NOT happen on the farm.... he dumped Jacob under the bus in that podcast.

17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don’t know if Amy made any other comments)

Very few. Supportive comments but considering the nature of the topic, both parents were shockingly non committal. 

18 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

if it was one of my kids I would have wanted all the details (maybe Jacob didn’t want to talk about it) but it made wonder wtf?…. Have they even tried to see if Jacob would like to talk? Or if he would feel better if they’d stop dealing with TLC? If it was my kid I would want to know these things.

I absolutely doubt it. After TLC did their "reaching out, so supportive, by the way Chris Cardamone didn't DIRECTLY work for TLC" comment, Jacob did point out that no one from TLC ever officially reached out to him but that some family members still connected to the show were asked to suggest to him to not be so public. I really don't think there's been any thought of giving up the dreamhouse/big wedding

22 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

bottomline I feel terrible for Jacob having to carry on and watch his family still cuddle up to TLC and their paychecks

Agreed. At this point I pretty firmly believe Jacob should get the farm, It's a travesty how little either Matt or Amy seem to care about this. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 7/30/2021 at 11:52 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Stopped clocks are right twice a day ;)

Yes, comments to the effect of "So proud".

I thought he was intentionally trying to obfuscate the timeline to imply Jacob wasn't THAT young - he played dumb about it and said it happened in 2015 even though Jacob said it happened years earlier and Chris Cardamone tried to initiate new contact in 2015. This downplays how young Jacob would have been - Cardamone worked on the show from 2007 to 2010. He was also quick to insist no one had any idea and ALSO the abuse absolutely DID NOT happen on the farm.... he dumped Jacob under the bus in that podcast.

Very few. Supportive comments but considering the nature of the topic, both parents were shockingly non committal. 

I absolutely doubt it. After TLC did their "reaching out, so supportive, by the way Chris Cardamone didn't DIRECTLY work for TLC" comment, Jacob did point out that no one from TLC ever officially reached out to him but that some family members still connected to the show were asked to suggest to him to not be so public. I really don't think there's been any thought of giving up the dreamhouse/big wedding

Agreed. At this point I pretty firmly believe Jacob should get the farm, It's a travesty how little either Matt or Amy seem to care about this. 

I have a question...what do Jacob and his wife do for money? Do they have jobs? Just curious since he isn't on the show.

• Useful 1

He apparently works in some sort of marijuana business in Bend. Izzy does art, they both seem to dabble in the social media world. Jacob has talked in the past that he did get bitcoins early. Isabelle is rumored to have the remains of her mom's life insurance and Jacob did get some money from the show. 

• Useful 2

Reportedly there was some kerfuffle about him taking time off work for the wedding, after which Izzy at least has been photographed in Portland, so if he's still employed -- and he was only recently employed -- remains to be seen.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I have a question...what do Jacob and his wife do for money? Do they have jobs? Just curious since he isn't on the show.

Jacob was a trimmer at a weed grow op. (Cutting the buds off for packaging and sales) but he said he was promoted to a higher position that paid more money and at the same time he was bitching about his employer trying to rip him off for vacation days so who knows if he’s still employed… it’s usually not a great idea to post videos bitching about your boss. 🤷‍♀️
Izzy is an artist and she was also an influencer promoting masturbation with vibrators and other sex toys…. Not sure if she’s still doing that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Jacob was a trimmer at a weed grow op. (Cutting the buds off for packaging and sales) but he said he was promoted to a higher position that paid more money and at the same time he was bitching about his employer trying to rip him off for vacation days so who knows if he’s still employed… it’s usually not a great idea to post videos bitching about your boss. 🤷‍♀️
Izzy is an artist and she was also an influencer promoting masturbation with vibrators and other sex toys…. Not sure if she’s still doing that.

Ok, maybe I'm old, but neither one of these are jobs... both are side gigs at best, stuff you do while you're trying to make your real thing pop.

Edited by Rlb8031
I didn't spell check :(
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Wow...that sounds just a little sad. 

• Love 4

Someone asked Izzy how she can celebrate her pregnancy when "someone close to her" was mourning the loss of hers.

Seriously?  Is the whole world supposed to stop so Tori can get all the attention?

• Love 3

While I very much doubt that post was made by Tory, I do agree. Izzy and Audrey both have every right to be happy about their pregnancies and brag on line and take pictures of their bumps (although Auj, dear God put some clothes on) without fans complaining about perceived injustices. There will always be two little ones in this extended family instead of three. Everyone will need to deal. I also dislike fans going after people who weren't on the show.

For the record, I don't think Tory had anything to do with the post Izzy was complaining about.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Someone asked Izzy how she can celebrate her pregnancy when "someone close to her" was mourning the loss of hers.

Seriously?  Is the whole world supposed to stop so Tori can get all the attention?

What a ridiculous thing to ask Izzy.  Was probably some fan obsessed with Tori, a lot of weirdos out there!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

What a ridiculous thing to ask Izzy.  Was probably some fan obsessed with Tori, a lot of weirdos out there!

Probably because Tori keeps going on and on (and on) about it with her negative pee sticks, etc.

• Love 3

Hey, help me out - who said "Person X said Tory wrote it"?

I said:

3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

While I very much doubt that post was made by Tory, I do agree.

and

3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

For the record, I don't think Tory had anything to do with the post Izzy was complaining about.

I'm not seeing any accusations there, just my belief Tory wasn't the one harassing Izzy about being happy. 

So?

I saw a similar discussion on reddit where that accusation was made and wanted to be clear in my beliefs on the topic. 

It's just my opinion - Tory isn't harassing Izzy about the pregnancy. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2021 at 8:07 AM, all4mom2 said:

What in the world?  Are the guests all supposed to spend an hour admiring that giant photo montage of MeMeMe?

Isn't the montage usually for a funeral?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Well this is sort of like Chris is throwing his own funeral

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Oh come on.  You KNOW Chris had nothing to do with this . . . or any other details of the wedding.

Right? I was just going to say, it’s just like a funeral, he really gets little to no say in the event. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2021 at 9:07 AM, all4mom2 said:

What in the world?  Are the guests all supposed to spend an hour admiring that giant photo montage of MeMeMe?

So true.

My guess is she saw it on Pinterest or something.

• LOL 4

She does look pretty in the first picture. 

There seem to be several taking pictures in the last one and it is a crappy picture of the dudes. Isn't there a guide that says don't have your objects looking directly into the sun? It would be cool if they were going for a shadow effect behind them that is the subjects shadow but the shadow is just of the people standing around taking the picture. They captured grimacing in the bright sun well if that is what they were going for though. 

Amy's dress was perfect for her. 

I don't think Izzy is that great a photographer, if she is one.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I don't think Izzy is that great a photographer, if she is one.

She doesn't purport to be a photographer; an artist and painter of rocks, yes.

Tori DOES purport to be one, and she's not that great a photographer, either.

Why doesn't Jeremy take the wheel here?

• Love 1