Type keyword(s) to search

Jacob and Izzy

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wanted to post something, and it’s long. So, I started this thread ?

Written by Jacob, posted January  2017.

https://www.rockandroloff.com/writing/2017/1/2/why-im-here

Very interesting read. Here's a little snippet from it:

"Essentially, filming complicated my life and made it busy and serious, especially in contrast to the ever sought after simple life of childhood, with "no worry for the morrow." That simplicity for me came to a halt when the pilot was filmed, I was six years old then. It all lasted until my 18th birthday, 2015, when to my great relief, I saw my name crossed out in red ink on the newest season's contract."

• Love 2
(edited)

He also contradicts himself by saying he got a good math and English education at Faith Bible when in his other thing he says he dropped out of high school because the teachers sucked and didn’t want to teach.  

Edited by ponyglue
  • Love 1

He writes well, but for some reason it's difficult for me to read it and comprehend what he's saying.  I suppose I'm more into conversational writing, and his writing rambles and veers off track, if that makes any sense.  Now I must Google who this Alan Watts is that he seems to worship.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

He writes well, but for some reason it's difficult for me to read it and comprehend what he's saying.  I suppose I'm more into conversational writing, and his writing rambles and veers off track, if that makes any sense.  Now I must Google who this Alan Watts is that he seems to worship.

I had the same problem. I think he writes to impress, not to communicate.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Tidbit said:

I had the same problem. I think he writes to impress, not to communicate.

Yes, similar to Izzy's "art."  Looks like she spilled a few paint cans on some canvas and called it artwork.  My daughter painted in a similar fashion when she was a toddler.

• Love 1

If normal, intelligent people such as yourselves can’t comprehend his writing, he’s not a good writer! Some people really seem to enjoy the opaque verbosity of writing “philosophy”; it makes them feel smart. I think it just makes them look pretentious. 

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

If normal, intelligent people such as yourselves can’t comprehend his writing, he’s not a good writer! Some people really seem to enjoy the opaque verbosity of writing “philosophy”; it makes them feel smart. I think it just makes them look pretentious. 

Boy looks to be following in brother Jeremy's footsteps.  Too bad.

• Love 3
(edited)

In some states, marijuana is legal, if you have a doctor's prescription for it.  It is prescribed for some conditions.  Not sure if he comes into that category, but, it's possible. But, generally, alcohol abuse bothers me much more than occasional pot use.  I think I saw the photo you are referring to and it appears that Jacob is DRIVING by the photo and caption. NOT cool, at all.  Posting that, if it is indeed pot, shows really poor judgment.  Of course, it could be some kind of an herbal cigarette. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

In some states, marijuana is legal, if you have a doctor's prescription for it.  It is prescribed for some conditions.  Not sure if he comes into that category, but, it's possible. But, generally, alcohol abuse bothers me much more than occasional pot use.  I think I saw the photo you are referring to and it appears that Jacob is DRIVING by the photo and caption. NOT cool, at all.  Posting that, if it is indeed pot, shows really poor judgment.  Of course, it could be some kind of an herbal cigarette. 

Yes, it could be an herbal cigarette, but I remember years ago reading somewhere that he was a big pothead.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Yes, it could be an herbal cigarette, but I remember years ago reading somewhere that he was a big pothead.

Yes, I read that too.  If it is pot, maybe, he hasn't changed much.  I just think that if he needs it for some medical condition, he shouldn't be driving with it. 

Didn't see the smoking pic, but glanced at his Insta & so many pics of Jacob & Jackson, or just Jackson (he gushes about him)... only spotted one with Ember.  I wonder if it's similar to the other Roloff Insta's? Either the dwarf baby is favored or Ember's kept at a distance.

Izzy's (real name?) finger painting & calling it 'art'; will probably start shilling them online if not already. Jacob's writing strikes me as self serving & pompous. Do they still live in their car? Do either have a real job? 

They're in serious competition with Auj & Jer as to who is more self absorbed.

• Love 5

Jacob's "writing" is indeed arrogant, pretentious, and for me worthless.  It could easily have been done by this ex-fundie who crosses my internet every now again.  They both suffer from too little real life and far too much agonizing over how they've been done wrong in life and finding four to six syllable words to bitch.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/11/2018 at 8:24 AM, Phoebe70 said:

"Out To See" (a play on the word "sea") and "Verbing"...ugh, those titles. It's like he's trying to be deep or maybe hip but failing.  Are people really buying these books?

Yes if they are fans of the show

On 6/5/2018 at 9:43 PM, ChiCricket said:

Very interesting read. Here's a little snippet from it:

"Essentially, filming complicated my life and made it busy and serious, especially in contrast to the ever sought after simple life of childhood, with "no worry for the morrow." That simplicity for me came to a halt when the pilot was filmed, I was six years old then. It all lasted until my 18th birthday, 2015, when to my great relief, I saw my name crossed out in red ink on the newest season's contract."

I miss seeing him on the show but I do not blame him one bit for leaving, good for him

Edited by DVDFreaker
  • Love 4
On 6/6/2018 at 9:50 AM, Phoebe70 said:

Yes, similar to Izzy's "art."  Looks like she spilled a few paint cans on some canvas and called it artwork.  My daughter painted in a similar fashion when she was a toddler.

I agree—-I hate to bash someone’s art work, but I’ve seen art videos on Instagram showing how you can put several paint colors in a cup and pouring the paint on a canvas and swirling. I mean, who couldn’t do that? And she does sell them. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:
8 hours ago, Finchers said:

I thought they were living with Amy? 

If they aren’t , they are around for pictures a lot.

So then another issue is who gets custody of Jacob, Izzy, & the dogs if the place is sold.

Maybe they can all move in with Jer & Auj.   lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/6/2018 at 8:40 AM, Phoebe70 said:

Now I must Google who this Alan Watts is that he seems to worship.

I was so surprised to see that he's into Alan Watts.  I also follow him.   He really has made a difference in my life.  I highly recommend him. 

Does Izzy have a job?  I'm assuming they were traveling the country on Jacob's money from the years he was on Little people Big world.... That well have to be running dry... Is that why they're living with Amy now?

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Jacob looks much older than his older siblings to me in that photo above.  Maybe, it's just that picture, but, he looks older than 22 to me.  (Man, those kids really grew up on me!)

He looks like Zach to me.

57 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Strange the way that picture is cropped.  Do you think that is Amy sitting next to Matt in the front seat, or is it Caryn?  Jacob looks thrilled . . .

During the whole story you really couldn't see who it was, looked like Jeremy but I don't know.

I'm posting here ref. my comment on the episode thread, since this did not happen on the show.  At some point, it's my understanding that Jacob did leave home due to not applying himself to school and drug use.  He was estranged from both parents and later tweeted of them of putting him on tv and not compensating him for his tv show appearances. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/little-people-big-world-why-fans-think-jacob-roloff-is-feuding-with-older-brother-jeremy-roloff.html/

But, apparently, they paid him and things are now okay.  I suspect that they had his money in trust all along, but, didn't think it safe to turn over a large sum of cash to a young, immature, young man who is over indulging in drugs. 

Here's a link about why Jacob doesn't want to return to show and it's due to it being fake.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-real-reason-jacob-roloff-will-never-return-to-little-people-big-world.html/

And here is what I found really amazing.  Jacob has positive thoughts about BOTH parents. Excerpt:

Jacob proceeded to share an excerpt from his upcoming memoir about Amy Roloff and Matt Roloff.

It reads as follows:

My parents have always been pretty amazing. They both succeeded in life, had a family and provided for and gave their kids all that they wanted, within disciplined reason.

My dad taught me practical, mindful things like chess, how to build a fire, and other sorts of exercises in basic critical thinking to a degree that I still carry the lessons with me today.

He was also a great storyteller, sitting all of us kids by the fire and telling stories of “dark, windy nights.”

My mom, always making sure we knew we were loved, supported all our efforts and hobbies as often as she knew about them, even coaching all of us kids in soccer in our early years.

She also instilled in us a very good sense of manners and respect that I find myself appreciating more and more everyday.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2018/02/jacob-roloff-talks-family-feud-does-he-hate-his-parents-or-what/

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Normades said:

I have a real soft spot for Jacob.  I think he's a deep kid, unlike his brothers, especially Jeremy. 

In an episode, Matt and Amy remarked how they were now empty nesters. Jacob was still living at home. That made me feel for him. 😞 

• Love 4

Jacob takes his live in girl friend home to live with him and mommy, and doesn't have a job? But then, neither do either of his brothers. It may be a family thing? But at least the other two live on their own..for now any way.

• Love 1

I'm sure they are all living on TLC money!  None of them work!  I'm kind of curious about Jacob's money!  Wasn't he denied his portion and wrote about how unfair it all was As he was traveling and living in his car?

Maybe they are holding out on him and that's why he's living with Amy!  Maybe they will all move in with Amy!  Lol

• Love 1
On 5/31/2019 at 7:32 PM, ginger90 said:

In an episode, Matt and Amy remarked how they were now empty nesters. Jacob was still living at home. That made me feel for him. 😞 

He was specific for quite some time that he wanted nothing to do with the show, so my guess is they were respecting his wishes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Look like Jeremy is the best man.  Guess they have a better relationship then most thought.

Oh Amy those shoes!

I hope Amy didn't wear those shoes for the ceremony. Even Jacob dressed up. 

However, I wouldn't be barefooted on that rough wooden floor either. I hope the little flower girl didn't end up with splinters. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

However, I wouldn't be barefooted on that rough wooden floor either. I hope the little flower girl didn't end up with splinters. 

That looks like Ember, and Jackson appeared to be the ring bearer.  I'm pretty sure that if she got any splinters, they'd be the worst splinters in the history of mankind, and it will take MONTHS for them to be treated (by experts in the field), and she may be scarred for life.  Kind of like her mother's boobs when she was breastfeeding.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1