Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/4/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Isn't he the one who spear headed the impeachment proceedings against Clinton while at the same time having an adulterous affair of his own? Hypocrite.

I wish someone would've mentioned this.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, backformore said:

Remember, Meghan's definition of "good friend" is "anyone I ever met.". And "honorary uncle" is "any man I met who is closer to my father's age."

What's worse, I'm sure she meant it as a joke but nobody laughed. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Isn't he the one who spear headed the impeachment proceedings against Clinton while at the same time having an adulterous affair of his own? Hypocrite.

He is also the person who suggested taking children away from single mothers on welfare and putting them orphanages.

• Love 19

You get the feeling that after this show, Meggie and Newt are gonna get together and shit talk all of her co hosts.

6 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I LOL'd when Meggie was asked a specific question & said she couldn't answer because it wasn't on her "note card".  LOLOLOL.

This was absolutely positively hilarious.  I laughed so hard water came out of my nose. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Both she and Gingrich claim there have been "tons of leaks" from Mueller to the NY Times but neither of them could name a single one. 

Journalists don't reveal their sources so Meghan and Gingrich saying that is just a bunch of hot air.

• Love 15

Wow.  I'm gonna have to go back and watch the DVR of this, after reading what a sideshow it was.  I actually was watching, until I heard Meggie say, "And now welcome my best friend, the gorgeous, super-smart, fabulous, wonderful (I'm paraphrasing here)......NEWT GINGRICH!!!  Me:  *click*

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Journalists don't reveal their sources so Meghan and Gingrich saying that is just a bunch of hot air.

They are dangerous because they spread misinformation and people will believe them, it is why, we are in this nightmare, sigh...

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

They are dangerous because they spread misinformation and people will believe them, it is why, we are in this nightmare, sigh...

It's ironic that some people refuse to believe things that are verifiable and believe things not proven. 

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, backformore said:

Remember, Meghan's definition of "good friend" is "anyone I ever met.". And "honorary uncle" is "any man I met who is closer to my father's age."

I really think its a way to show she runs in political circles and gives her certain bona fides to show she's "in the know". Like a name dropper. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Not only does Meggie not have the courage of her convictions, she doesn't have any convictions to be courageous about ... LOLOLOL.

She is an empty vessel that spews talking points that are given to her, by her husband.  She reminds me of Elizabeth and her morning meetings with Bill Geddie.  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

On a personal level, I really enjoyed the passion of Professor Dyson, he made great points and was unrelenting in his delivery. But taking myself out of my own personal views, I would say his approach is likely only suited to those who already believe in his message and agree with his perspective. I'm not familiar with him - are all his interviews usually preacher style like that?

Michael Eric Dyson was a minister when I first heard of him in the early 90s.   I'm sot sure if he still considers himself to be one.   But he often goes into the rapid fire flow when making points, although not always.  He also often slides hip hop lyrics in his flow which I always find amusing.  He did it on the show yesterday, but no one really caught it.    

• Love 7
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Gingrich wants to give Trump credit for the economy.  OK.  When the economy tanks I want him to come back on  the View and blame Trump.

I don't get this whole the economy is great thing.  Since the last election everyone I know has lost money in investments, benefits and jobs.  Just because a job is eliminated doesn't mean it was filled or there was not a person removed from that job.

7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I loved the crowd's laughter when Newt said that Trump is intelligent.

Me too.

10 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Either Meghan is being disingenuous, or she just doesn't get it.   Yes Meghan, you can hold your nose and go to the white house even after what Trump has said about your father.  The reason -  party loyalty, and the republican party's ability to back even the most repugnant slime ball if there is an R after their name.

Now Meghan, here's a better question.  If Hillary were now in the white house and she trashed your father as a coward, etc., how would you respond to that patriotic "call"?  I'm sure our girl would put on her prettiest dress and heed the call to duty.  Bullshit.

Any single person who accepts an invitation from this POTUS is validating his lies, racism, and hatred. 

I don't get it either.  She really is very shallow and it seems her schtick is all about becoming some political wiz.  The reality is that neither side likes her.  I would give her points for saying something a long the line of she can't agree with "insert name here" because of the pounding her father/family took.

I found the intro to Newt to be very, very creepy.  So it was he that told you to marry?  Your husband has known Newt since he was a kid and you have drinks with him?  She is truly courting the devil.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, backformore said:

So Meghan has had mentors tell her to think about her fertility along with her career. OK, seems like good advice. 

I don't think that is  pressure to HAVE children.  It's pressure to be planful, and to understand that you can't put the decision off forever.  It is important, as you approach your mid 30's, to consider if you want to have children.  You don't want to be 38 and still thinking "maybe someday."  

This is a sticky topic, and I get why Meghan is so sensitive.  There's been a bit of a movement the last ten years or so, at least by OB's, to "remind" women of their fertility.  I've read articles on this topic, and the general public has been misled by the ease in which female celebrities have babies pretty easily well into their late forties.  Most of us know that these women use in vitro, but a deeper truth is a larger number use donor eggs.

So while people will constantly point out how easily they, or aunt so-and-so, had a third child at 44, they don't realize that women attempting their first pregnancy in late 30's - 40's have rather low success rates.

So there have been many women who focused solely on their career thinking there's no need to worry until they hit 40.  It's not true.  The most recent statistic I've read is by their mid-30's, a never pregnant woman has about a 15% chance to get pregnant in a year of trying.  That number drops each year.  

• Love 9

Ms. McCain, there ARE Philidelphia Eagles who planned to attend the reception at the White House.  President Trump is the one who disinvited the entire team.   As for your suggestion that someone with an opposing view discuss it with President Trump, he will do what he does all. the. time.  He pretends not to hear the comment  and the repeated comment - or - he simply says, "Thank you very much," and leaves the room.   A little objectivity will go a long way with us, Meghan.

• Love 22
42 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

SPANX Extra Strong?

Hilarious but I think you are right.  She has gained weight since she started and may be self conscious.  

33 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Gingrich is repulsive to me

He is to me, too.   Why on earth would they have him as a guest?  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

This is a sticky topic, and I get why Meghan is so sensitive.  There's been a bit of a movement the last ten years or so, at least by OB's, to "remind" women of their fertility.  I've read articles on this topic, and the general public has been misled by the ease in which female celebrities have babies pretty easily well into their late forties.  Most of us know that these women use in vitro, but a deeper truth is a larger number use donor eggs.

Yes. And, gathering information about risk factors is important. As women age, the risk for certain disorders increases. If you are adamant about being against abortion in all cases, there is an additional reason to not wait too long to have babies.

Meghan is at the age where she needs to not be indecisive about having a child.  I know a lot of professional women who plan their pregnancy around their professional lives and goals, or that of their partner. But before you figure out when to have a child, you need to decide IF you want one.

I had a colleague who started menopause at age 35. When I heard that, it put things in perspective for me as far as how to coordinate my personal and professional goals.

• Love 5

Meghan being a nationalist again, trying hard to justify attending the White House. Firstly, when you're invited to the White House, the House is a reflection of the leader in it. If the players wants to celebrate the HISTORY of the House and the country and what it's supposed to stand for, they can take a White House tour like anyone else can. There are so many things you can do in Washington that support and celebrate American history and patriotism. They don't need to show up there and shake the hand of a man who called them and their fellow players sons of a bitches. By Meghan's logic, you can spend the next 1000 years under a dictatorship in the United States but you should always respect the White House, the anthem and the flag for its history, even if it's meaning and symbolism is no longer honoured in word or action. That's pretty stupid logic. And it's also disingenuous for Meghan to suggest that it's the opportunity to show up and have a dialogue on the matter. He is the one that created that narrative about them and he's basked in the supported he's gotten by many for his stance against them. He's not going to backtrack on his sentiments.  One player already said that he refused the invitation because he didn't want to be to be a photo op and used as a pawn whose presence would be used to insult his fellow players around the league.

I liked Meghan's look today. While Meghan has openly admitted that she's not a small girl, as a fellow big chested gal, I know the pain of how a big chest can make you look more top heavy than is real. I think the v-necks are a good look for her. The fabric moves downward rather than across and it doesn't unnecessarily accentuate what doesn't need any help accentuating.

The idea of the Miss America competition moving away from beauty is a facade. Unless I start seeing women of all looks, sizes and heights represented, the competition has merely shifted to a platform that aims to prove that beautiful women who are tall and thin can also be smart.

Meghan, if there are a tonne of a examples of leaks, then you wouldn't need it written on your note card in order to name just ONE sweetie.

I didn't finish the whole interview. Newt reminded me of a somewhat senile uncle that sits near you near at the family reunion and starts talking to you and all you can do is politely nod as you try to plan your escape.

3 hours ago, After7Only said:

Michael Eric Dyson was a minister when I first heard of him in the early 90s.   I'm sot sure if he still considers himself to be one.   But he often goes into the rapid fire flow when making points, although not always.  He also often slides hip hop lyrics in his flow which I always find amusing.  He did it on the show yesterday, but no one really caught it.    

Oh that makes sense then. He seemed very natural at it. He speaks with a lot of conviction and passion.

• Love 15
(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Both she and Gingrich claim there have been "tons of leaks" from Mueller to the NY Times but neither of them could name a single one. 

That was hilarious, like Sarah Palin saying she read books but couldn't name a single one.  I suspect MMM's gets what she calls her "very smart" husband to write the blue cards for her and she knows nothing unless it is on a little blue card.

I wonder what would happen if Sunny snatched MMM's cards so she had to use her own brain on the show,

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

So while people will constantly point out how easily they, or aunt so-and-so, had a third child at 44, they don't realize that women attempting their first pregnancy in late 30's - 40's have rather low success rates.

So there have been many women who focused solely on their career thinking there's no need to worry until they hit 40.  It's not true.  The most recent statistic I've read is by their mid-30's, a never pregnant woman has about a 15% chance to get pregnant in a year of trying.  That number drops each year.  

Women have to think so much about when they want to have a child and plan for it.  Biologically we have a small window of time to have children (compared to men).  As you said once you past 34/35 the ability to conceive drastically decreases.  Plus you never know what your body will do - I went through menopause at 37.   

A friend of mine at 34 (this was about 7 years ago) was told by her doctor to harvest her eggs if she was planning on getting pregnant later on.  He also told her that she should try to get pregnant ASAP but could have difficulty.  She talked over with her husband and decided to harvest eggs and work on getting pregnant.  When she went back to the doctor for some tests, she received some good news - she was pregnant!  So happy ending for her :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

This is a sticky topic, and I get why Meghan is so sensitive. 

If I'm not mistaken doesn't Meghan's husband come from an evangelical family.  Wonder how they (and her husband) feel about her not wanting kids.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

If I'm not mistaken doesn't Meghan's husband come from an evangelical family.  Wonder how they (and her husband) feel about her not wanting kids.

I don't know why she has to share with the public.  That's their private business.  Not everyone wants kids.  She & her husband must have discussed this before marrying (one hopes) & it's not his family's concern.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, telemachus2 said:

Every woman should remember that this GOP serial philanderer/family values champ brought divorce papers to the hospital room of his cancer-stricken wife.

Let's hope this isn't the new norm.  Seems to me there's a "lady of The View" whose father did something quite similar...decades ago.

• Love 23
(edited)
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Whoopie looked great in that fuchsia outfit.

She did.  

39 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Because Our Little Princess wants to help Uncle Newtie sell his book ... and remain in his good graces?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if a lot of people just left their books there?  I know I would.

3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wonder what would happen if Sunny snatched MMM's cards so she had to use her own brain on the show,

DO IT!  Wait........we may have to get Joy to do it.

3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan being a nationalist again, trying hard to justify attending the White House.

I was subbing for a group of teens, in gym, and they had a argument/discussion on the merits of the current resident.  One kid finally said something like, "Either you want to keep democracy or move towards fascism".  Smart kid.

Did anyone on the panel even mention that not enough of the Eagles players RSVPd?  There was a small group that was going to go but Trump didn't like the size of the group.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Whoopie looked great in that fuchsia outfit.

I thought so, too. And apparently it was the same designer who made that hideous dress she wore to some awards show not too long ago, which surprised me. Maybe he was trying to make it up to her?

• Love 5

Christian Siriano is "her designer".  Back when I was watching Project Runway, he won because he was so daring with his designs.  He's a well-respected designer now & has stepped up to dress several celebrities who were having difficulty getting suitable attire for a function.  He's a sweet guy!!!

10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Thanks @Haleth for adding context to my post.  I was laughing so hard at her response to "name one" that I forgot what they were talking about.  Much appreciated!!!

• Love 14

I was cursing so loud at the t.v. today, I just turned it off. Gingrich is a pig and MM is a REAL PIG....Wasn't Newt kicked out of this speaker of the house position way back when? Let's just say he left under a cloud an was forced to pay a $300,000.00 fine to the ethics committee  in January 1997 and then he was caught with his pants down running around on his second wife while he was trying to get Clinton thrown out of office and had to resign November 1998. Oh it was a lovely mess.  Why is he still around?

On a sweet note, I loved Whoopie's pink outfit made by Christian.  He's so wonderful. He can fit the fuller body! 

• Love 11