Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/4/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, June 4 – Michael Eric Dyson (author, “What Truth Sounds Like: Robert F. Kennedy, James Baldwin and Our Unfinished Conversation About Race in America”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, June 5 – The Political View with Newt Gingrich (“Trump’s America”); a performance by the cast of Broadway’s “SpongeBob SquarePants”

Wednesday, June 6 – Mira Sorvino (“Condor”)

Thursday, June 7 – Nancy Grace and Dan Abrams (“Hailey Dean Mysteries”; “Lincoln’s Last Trial: The Murder Case That Propelled Him to the Presidency”)

Friday, June 8 – Niecy Nash (“Claws”); Rob Reiner (“Shock and Awe”)

• Love 1
(edited)

Meghan says that Trump has a 87 percent approval rating among Republicans, that supposedly none of this stuff with Mueller and the investigation matters to them. Okay, so basically this survey is worth nothing if it's just Republicans who were questioned. What about the other side? Furthermore, she didn't say where this survey was conducted and even if she did my response would still be so what?! A lot of people care.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
17 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan says that Trump has a 87 percent approval rating among Republicans, that supposedly none of this stuff with Mueller and the investigation matters to them. Okay, so basically this survey is worth nothing if it's just Republicans who were questioned. What about the other side? Furthermore, she didn't say where this survey was conducted and even if she did my response would still be so what?! A lot of people care.

Doesn't it also matter which Republicans were asked?  Meghan spends a lot of time saying that #notallRepublicans agree with or support President Trump.  If this survey only asked Trump fans, then the 87% figure is not a statistical anomaly, or whatever it is she said.

• Love 11
(edited)

Cacophony??!! It’s plethora, based on the context.????

SHUTUP, WHOOPI! Once you go to, graduate from Law School, try cases, then maybe you will have any standing  to tell and “correct” Sunny when it comes to the law.????

Loved Sunny telling Meghan “Let me finish.” More of this please.

I need to read that Supreme Court opinion to understand the ruling.??

PREACH!!! Dyson!!!!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Shut down that twat!!!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 17
21 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan keeps saying permeating.  I think she means resonating.

She is so rehearsed that even she doesn't know what she means.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sunny pushed back and would not let her get away with it. Like, she said, the framers of the constitution, made sure to not give the President, absolute power. We are a Democratic Republic, not a dictatorship.  Congress has been incompetent, in their dereliction of duty and has not reigned in the President's attempts to weaken democratic norms.  So, he now believes that he can pardon himself... That is a load of bull, no one is above the law.  

It's fact that Trump and Guiliani are saying this that is scary.  Trump's base is going to believe this.  If and please when Trump is charged with something we have no idea  how his base would react.  As you said Apprentice79 Congress doesn't seem capable or willing to put country above party.

I am curious which side Meghan will fall on if the Mueller investigation shows Trump to be guilty.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

Doesn't it also matter which Republicans were asked?  Meghan spends a lot of time saying that #notallRepublicans agree with or support President Trump.  If this survey only asked Trump fans, then the 87% figure is not a statistical anomaly, or whatever it is she said.

I'd want to know the specific question asked.

It is not difficult to phrase a question in a way to get the results you want.

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

I'd want to know the specific question asked.

It is not difficult to phrase a question in a way to get the results you want.

The question could have been "Do you think Trump is a better president than Obama."

Meghan only quotes polls that our favorable to her "tribe".

• Love 13

I'm glad Sunny spoke up and shut Whoopi up. My God, she can be so ignorant. And what was that bullshit 87% of Republicans... 

I *loved* Professor Dyson - I wish he had had two segments. He was so informative and logical. Of course, once again, Meh-gan had to shove in 'I'm a Republican'. Dyson saved the show for me.

• Love 14

One way to increase "favorable" ratings: (exaggerated to make the point).

Is your opinion of trump:

A. Extremely favorable

B. Mostly favorable

C. Somewhat favorable

D. a little favorable

E. Unfavorable

Then combine all the a, b, c, d ratings and you get a much different result than if you only had 2 choices, favorable or unfavorable.

• Love 22

Prof Dyson had a great message and I loved how he dismissed Meghan’s attempted filleting, but man, I was exhausted by his rapid fire style of speaking.  Is it too early for a drink?

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Prof Dyson had a great message and I loved how he dismissed Meghan’s attempted filleting, but man, I was exhausted by his rapid fire style of speaking.  Is it too early for a drink?

He normally doesn’t speak in such a rapid-fire way. At least not on other shows I’ve seen him on. I wonder if he knew he only had like five minutes for his segment so he said everything he wanted as fast as he could?

As if View Your  Deal couldn’t have been cut short.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

"Cacophony of information."  Misused word of the day. 

Indeed.  "Cacophony" is what we hear whenever Meghan talks over someone else.

Preacher voices & cadences don't engage me, they lull my brain to sleep so I cannot absorb the full message.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, fishsanwitt said:

I *loved* Professor Dyson - I wish he had had two segments. He was so informative and logical. Of course, once again, Meh-gan had to shove in 'I'm a Republican'. Dyson saved the show for me.

I just watched his segment and as usual, was NOT disappointed. He's someone Meghan wouldn't dare try to debate, as he would make her look like an intellectual m*****. So, yeah, I wish he had just one more segment. I think that's why he was talking so fast. A hit dog will holler, Meghan! Nobody said that you are a racist. I guess it was smart that he cleared it up, though, because certain news outlets would take what he said and twist it...

• Love 11

As an attorney, Sunny is careful about giving out bad legal info and so she feels compelled to call out Whoopi and Meghan when they're making unsubstantiated claims. I'm thankful for her perseverance.  Generally, nobody's around to hear the corrections. Whoopi needs to give up the notion that she knows more than Sunny about the law and racial issues. Joy's questions are generally pointed and direct, no ass-kissing. She's trying to get the most meat out of the interview and knows her time is short. Sara's the peace-maker looking for the common ground (can't we all just get along?). I wish they'd lose the "View Your Deal."

• Love 18

In Meghan's words: 

“I think there is just this cacophony of information, and it’s hard for even me to follow, which I’m open and frank about on this show. I think people are just, like, well, you know, if somebody happens, maybe.”

Poor Meghan. Thinking is just so .  . . you know, hard!!

• Love 23
3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

I wish they'd lose the "View Your Deal."

Maybe it's a comedy bit created by some new production people.   Hey, let's get a well-spoken guest...maybe one who has a new book out--hopefully something current.  Let him speak on a topic he's excited about and that's of interest to viewers.  Then, the moment he's on a roll, cut him off at the knees because...because..."View Your Deal!"

• Love 13
1 hour ago, pinguina said:

On a shallow note: Why does MM always look as if she in uncomfortable in what she wears?  Are her clothes too tight?

Oh gosh, I have that same question. 

Meghan is stuffed in her clothes and it looks painful for her to walk out (actually she sort of marches out).  She needs to wear softer and flowing outfits, but she is too overweight for what she wears.  I believe she won't listen to the wardrobe people.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He normally doesn’t speak in such a rapid-fire way. At least not on other shows I’ve seen him on. I wonder if he knew he only had like five minutes for his segment so he said everything he wanted as fast as he could?

I was trying to wrap my mind about what he was saying about the difference between racism and bigotry but he was talking so fast, I was having a hard time following. I wasn't sure if he was saying that black people cannot be racist, or if he was saying something else. It's a very hot topic right now in my family, so I have some sensitivity in that area, but I wasn't sure what he was trying to say, due to how quickly he spoke.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I was trying to wrap my mind about what he was saying about the difference between racism and bigotry but he was talking so fast, I was having a hard time following. I wasn't sure if he was saying that black people cannot be racist, or if he was saying something else.

Not sure what he said, but generally bigotry is a set of beliefs about people  in a certain category, and treating them in line with those beliefs.   Racism is when the group in power has  bigoted beliefs and uses their power to deprive another group of their rights.  So yeah, in the US, Black people can be bigoted but can't be racist, because they lack the power to keep white people from housing, jobs, voting rights, liberty, etc.  

• Love 14

I'll be in the minority here: Dyson is fucking obnoxious. 

Whoppis problem (with everybody) is that she believes she knows THE truth. It didn't matter who is an expert on what, Whoopi knows better. Speaking of obnoxious...

• Love 6

While I’d be the first to criticize Whoopi for trying to talk over and silence Sunny, I didn’t think Whoopi was wrong in what she said about Trump’s dare to pardon himself of any possible crimes. Her point was that he does things daily he should not be able to or allowed to do, and yet nothing is done about it, which is true. Saying that he doesn’t have the power to do something according to the Constitution, like Sunny did, while true, won’t make any difference if he isn't stopped in the attempt by the people who hold power.

Good for Sara being up on her facts with the Supreme Court case.

• Love 14

So Meghan has had mentors tell her to think about her fertility along with her career. OK, seems like good advice. 

I don't think that is  pressure to HAVE children.  It's pressure to be planful, and to understand that you can't put the decision off forever.  It is important, as you approach your mid 30's, to consider if you want to have children.  You don't want to be 38 and still thinking "maybe someday."  

• Love 5

Also forgot to say earlier: Meghan McCain, who repeatedly pats herself on the back for supposedly being a LGBT supporter, here again backhandedly defends an anti-gay event. She was practically salivating in her excitement at highlighting the fact that the same judge who previously supported marriage for same-sex couples ruled in favor of the baker here, and then snapped at Sunny near the end when Sunny was talking about the narrowness of the ruling's scope. “I'm sorry, is 7 to 2 ‘narrow’???? Oh, haha, thank you, we're so lucky to have you, Sunny!” We see you, lady. You can pretend you’re something you’re not if you want to feel better about yourself—or, rather, to cloak yourself from criticism, which is her regular tactic—but I do not believe you are an ally of the LGBT community. I would call her a sell-out if I actually believed she had principles to sell in the first place; going by the entirety of her behavior and statements as a co-host on The View, I'd she's the definition of 'two-faced.'

Am I the only person seriously creeped out by the faux, nice McCain that has recently joined the show? I'm not sure what's went on behind-the-scenes, but the dramatic shift is giving me whiplash. 

• Love 18

Fashion critiques seem safe to express here - WTH was Sunny thinking?? That gold monstrosity had to be a joke, no?  Ruffled, puffy sleeves with "cold shoulder" cut-outs, full dirndl-look skirt, empire waist or some sort of bust cupping seams, all done in a supremely unflattering shade of yellow.  Good thing she's got other skills.  Get thee to a stylist, woman.  And I loved Dyson shutting out McCain.

• Love 6
(edited)

Found Mad Meghan's comments very telling when she mentioned her mother bringing up the subject of her having children five times over the previous weekend and MM's response to her mother was she is a co-host on The View, isn't that enough??  She really thinks she has made the big time.  Exactly why I think she'll do anything to keep this gig going; she is loving the fact that she's on network tv on a daily basis.  

Edited by Badbea99
Clarity
  • Love 9

I guess I'm in the minority but I didn't find Meghan frustrating to watch in yesterday's episode. She kept her cool, she of course fought for talking time but she didn't resort to raising her voice and drowning everyone out and acting like a brat in order to get the air time.  I can tolerate anyone who can discuss like an adult and can be respectful to their colleagues who aren't there to make each other look bad, but simply sharing their point of view. And on the topic of respecting your colleague, Whoopi isn't very good at this either but she does it in a different way than Meghan.

On a personal level, I really enjoyed the passion of Professor Dyson, he made great points and was unrelenting in his delivery. But taking myself out of my own personal views, I would say his approach is likely only suited to those who already believe in his message and agree with his perspective. I'm not familiar with him - are all his interviews usually preacher style like that?

• Love 4
(edited)

Meghan is hitting all her usual talking points today, including her father’s illness, to express her patriotism. I think the presence of another republican is encouraging her to speak out. 

There is something about having both Gingrich and Spong Bob on the same show that amuses me. 

From the ridiculous to the sublime...

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15

So, according to Meghan, people should just blindly go to the White House and shake Trumps hand when called because......OMG its the White House!!!! They wouldn't be shaking the White House's hand you twit.

Also, they do a very good job finding the most blind Trump followers for their twitter scroll.

• Love 23
(edited)

OMG… In the opening for Newt Gingrich’s segment, Meghan says her husband and Newt are good friends… they go to a picture of Ben and he’s a FUCKING child, standing behind a very adult Newt. Is she serious?!

*pauses*

SHE’S FUCKING SERIOUS LOOOLLLLL

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 18