Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/4/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

The whole viagara conversation is just another example that makes me think that Sunny is quite the controlling and 'my way or highway' kind of mom and wife, lol.

Sunny should know that every American adult has the right to PRIVACY regarding medical records, prescriptions, etc.  Why didn't she mention that--oh, she was thinking of her personal circumstances.  If Mr. Viagara (or Mr. Hostin) didn't give permission for his wife to have access to his pharmacy record, CVS will definitely lose a lawsuit.  I'm sure the pharmacy tech was trying to save the family money, but it worked just the opposite way.

I agree about Sunny and "my way."   It's irritating to see her sit there with her little judgmental pose...similar to this cartoon, but not exact.  You'll see it.  She's doing it more often.  I think it's something she has practiced and thinks it gives an intellectual vibe.   I should add that I don't dislike The Perfect Sunny...but it might be difficult to be her friend or relative.

ThoughtfulPose.thumb.jpg.abeac080fc73f215dba57c1c50a464d2.jpg

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I disliked how she said that SATC basically told women to have one night stands and not have relationships.  That is not true at all. 

More of Meghan's idiocy . . . Sex and the City had too much fornication. 

• Love 13

Meghan was 14 when Sex and the City begin. The characters were adult women with successful careers. I bet she LOVED that show and watched every episode with her Catholic school girlfriends.  She probably wanted to dress like and be like Carrie Bradshaw.  From things she has said and written, she had her share of "brief romances"--not at 14, of course.

Naturally, "Girls" resonated with her.  Lena Dunham is two years younger than Meghan.  The storylines were probably more like things/people Meghan could relate to.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Was Whoopie on today, cause Friday is generally my favorite day because of Joy, but if MM is even nastier to Joy than usual, I'll just erase it. Advise old wise friends. Thanks. Oh, and even though I haven't seen today's show....just shut the fuck up Meghan.  Byeeeeeeeeee. 

No Whoopie and for much of the show only one person was speaking at a time.  Joy went down the table to let everyone have input.  Once when Sunny was talking and both MMM & Paula started talking on top of her, Joy said "ONE AT A TIME"!  But I think it was MMM who took that as meaning it was her turn again.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cyranetta said:

Not just rude, which is bad enough, but condescending as if she was deigning to grant the benefit of her vast experience to some naive twit.

Joy, being the adult in the equation, showed remarkable restraint.

Yes, Elsa was in full on bitch mode with Joy several times.  But when she launched into her rant about Joy saying she  cannot sleep at night because of how worried she is and then told her what to do to save the Dems, there was more than a hint of disbelief that Joy was that anxious about the US/world.

Anyone else notice how Elsa attempted another Gotcha question with Reiner?  He said he had predicted this would happen with Roseanne, before the show even aired, because of beliefs that she espoused on Twitter. And Elsa asked him if that was true and if it was in public.  

• Love 9

Hilarious that MM blasted Joy because the Dems aren't doing enough in middle America!  Joy you better get on that!   She is a cartoon character.  So often I imagine an SNL skit featuring her attitude with all other hosts/guests being polite and articulate.  It would be soooo good.  The actor playing Sunny would have extensions past her ass. 

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, bannana said:

And Elsa asked him if that was true and if it was in public.  

Full on, straight up BITCH!  She thinks she's some expert at the Gotcha Game.  Her time's a-comin'.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Sunny should know that every American adult has the right to PRIVACY regarding medical records, prescriptions, etc.  Why didn't she mention that--oh, she was thinking of her personal circumstances.  If Mr. Viagara (or Mr. Hostin) didn't give permission for his wife to have access to his pharmacy record, CVS will definitely lose a lawsuit.  I'm sure the pharmacy tech was trying to save the family money, but it worked just the opposite way.

I agree about Sunny and "my way."   It's irritating to see her sit there with her little judgmental pose...similar to this cartoon, but not exact.  You'll see it.  She's doing it more often.  I think it's something she has practiced and thinks it gives an intellectual vibe.   I should add that I don't dislike The Perfect Sunny...but it might be difficult to be her friend or relative.

ThoughtfulPose.thumb.jpg.abeac080fc73f215dba57c1c50a464d2.jpg

I was rolling my eyes when she tried to justify why the man should have told his wife because I agree with you, she was thinking of her own situation and what she would expect. That's not to say that I agree with the premise that couples shouldn't share that kind of information with one another. If something does happen to you and you need medical attention, it could be life saving information for doctors/paramedics to know that kind of stuff to help treat or diagnose you more quickly. BUT unless the medication somehow affects your partner's well being (which seems unlikely), then I don't think it's a requirement in a partnership. It seems pretty obvious to me that the disclosure resulted in this man's divorce because he was likely stepping out on his wife, lol. 

2 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I wanted to see Rob Reiner, but I'm having a hard time stomaching this show of late (wonder why?).  I'll have to find some clips.  

Unfortunately his segment wasn't long but I would recommend at least watching his part. No one got aggressive with him and he handled all of the interactions across the table with ease and respect. It's so refreshing to see someone who isn't caught up with keeping scores on either side that he can be critical of either side, because let's face it, neither side is perfect and with its flaws and it isn't disloyal to admit it. 

• Love 9

Due to Hippa Laws, CVS did not have permission to speak to the wife about her husband's medicine without his prior permission.  I bet he wasn't having sex with his wife anymore and had been cheating.  I work in the health industry  and privacy is to big of an issue that I am not even allowed to access my own health records in the hospital computer. I once just looked up my name to see when I had a colonoscopy and received a letter from HR about it.  People have been fired for looking up their family members health records. 

Back to topic, Elsa was extra bitchy today in her giant grey sweat suit.

s

• Love 12
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Unfortunately his segment wasn't long but I would recommend at least watching his part. No one got aggressive with him and he handled all of the interactions across the table with ease and respect. It's so refreshing to see someone who isn't caught up with keeping scores on either side that he can be critical of either side, because let's face it, neither side is perfect and with its flaws and it isn't disloyal to admit it. 

Reiner is the best! He comes by it naturally as his father Carl, is also great! Plus, Reiner is a regular on Real Time and faces off with the batshit crazies. He’s up there with Begala.

25 minutes ago, Wings said:

I follow Rob Reiner on twittter. Love the guy.  He tenacious and brilliant. 

He and Carl are pistols!

• Love 16

MM hates the media - except for the Federalist (her husband's site), I guess. Or doesn't mind appearing on CNN's Van Jones show, or friends with CNN's Jake Tapper, or appearing on Stephonopulu's (not going to look it up), or her husband on Face the Nation. Or continually retweeting news sites. Especially about her. And loving everything about FOX. Or her friend C E Cupp (not going to look it up.)

• Love 14
3 hours ago, backformore said:

It looked like she was aware, and was holding her stack of blue cards in front of her to hide it. 

SO obvious...hilarious.

3 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan is a heartless bitch.

...and rude, condescending, ill-informed, LOUD, and an ignorant twat who pretends to know all things.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Wings said:

Hilarious that MM blasted Joy because the Dems aren't doing enough in middle America!  Joy you better get on that!   She is a cartoon character.  So often I imagine an SNL skit featuring her attitude with all other hosts/guests being polite and articulate.  It would be soooo good.  The actor playing Sunny would have extensions past her ass. 

Meghan thinks since she is the spokesperson/torch bearer for her party that Joy should be for her party.

8 hours ago, backformore said:

Finally getting a chance to watch - Meghan walks out in that lilac colored sweater/jumpsuit - it looks very weirdly fitted, more like pajamas, and the crotch was dropped low.  It looked like she was aware, and was holding her stack of blue cards in front of her to hide it.  And how does one accessorize a lilac onesie/jumpsuit?  with silver high heels and a rhinestone/crystal necklace, of course! 

And then Meghan responds to  the TIME magazine cover by saying people in middle America doesn't read it - she can prove it! it says right here on this blue card that 77% of people distrust the media, or at least believe that mainstream media report fake news "at least occasionally."  THAT is her "proof"  that people don't read TIME?     What does one have to do with the other?  Her statistic is very broad, and does NOT speak at all to who reads, buys, or sees TIME magazine.  Joy tries to bring the topic back up, but to Meghan, the topic is  not the depiction of trump seeing himself as king, as above the law.  To Meghan, the topic is "media bias."  maybe she should actually READ the freakin' article! 

Joy is worried about the country, and Meghan says "you're so worried - if I were a democrat right now I'd be coming up with different ways to communicate with the middle of the country, which as far as I can see YOU are NOT!"   Wait -   is Joy Behar a member of congress?  Joy is supposed to come up with ways to communicate with "middle America?"   Meghan is a heartless bitch.  A lot of Americans are worried about the possibility of war right now.  But we don't all have the ability to communicate with the red states, or middle America, or the "base" or whatever other names Meghan calls "her people." 

Meghan can't fathom why Joy is worried about the country because Meghan isn't worried about the country.

And yes backformore WTF was Meghan's necklace?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan thinks since she is the spokesperson/torch bearer for her party that Joy should be for her party.

Meghan can't fathom why Joy is worried about the country because Meghan isn't worried about the country.

And yes backformore WTF was Meghan's necklace?

MM doesn't have a long enough expanse of upper chest to wear those gaudy big necklaces she had been sporting...they don't sit right.  

I have to think that MM was a bitch growing up and now of course. She calls all these people friends, but I doubt that she has a close girlfriend.  Clay is off doing his own thing in Nashville?

I wish Joy would have countered MM's nasty dig about Dems by listing all the Dems who are winning elections now,  or told MM to check back in after the midterms. 

Most of all, I want anyone on the View to ask MM more followup Qs-- about her stats--who was polled, where,  what org did this, etc., or Qs in general about the political topic, cuz we know that MM can't answer without the info on her blue cards.  Put MM on the spot more and corner her by asking for more specific info. Or talk over her more. Or ignore her comments and move on. I need some satsfaction and retaliation cuz payback is MM.   Heh. 

Sex and the City was an iconic show and will stand the test of time,  MM.  You don't get to decide that. You know you watched it.   I found Girls kind of depressing. 

Oh, and STFU, MM.  Rob Reiner has more political and general knowledge in his little finger than you can ever hope to have in your lifetime.  Mean bitch --and not bitch in a good way. 

• Love 17

Meghan might know a lot of people and be friendly with them but I do doubt she has real close ride or die friends. 

And Meghan obviously isn't paying attention because democrats are winning in places Trump won so might want to rethink her adamance that the needle isn't moving.

• Love 12
(edited)
21 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Full on, straight up BITCH!  She thinks she's some expert at the Gotcha Game.  Her time's a-comin'.

That was hysterical.  She actually thought she was going to catch Rob lying about the timing of his Roseanne prediction!  

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan might know a lot of people and be friendly with them but I do doubt she has real close ride or die friends. 

Absolutely agree.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, Wings said:

She actually thought she was going to catch Rob lying about the timing of his Roseanne prediction!  

A little too often, she's rude to people who have power--people for whom she seems to have little respect.  If she has to find a job after "The View," she might find that she has burned one too many bridges.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

A little too often, she's rude to people who have power--people for whom she seems to have little respect.  If she has to find a job after "The View," she might find that she has burned one too many bridges.

If there were bridges to burn.  She certainly has failed in building any that I can see.  I would like to know why ABC hired her.  They wanted a republican voice and Ana declined.   She was relevant due to her father so maybe thought they would give her a shot.  I don't see a future for her of any significance. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 10

We all know why Meghan McCain *winkwink* was hired. I don't think they even thought of Ana until they realized what a massive misstep they'd made in hiring McCain without even testing her and they started rotating alternatives in while Sara was on maternity leave. Thankfully Ana's been wildly received, and she's come back so many times at this point that there's no doubt she's at least being considered to replace the snotty heiress.

• Love 9
On 6/8/2018 at 1:12 PM, ChicagoCita said:

I've seen an uptick in anti-View rhetoric on the Facebook pages of my very Right-leaning friends. Vows that they have never watched it and will never watch it, petitions to get it taken off the air, memes of Joy supposed saying that all Christians are mentally ill, etc. They loathe Joy... can't stand that she's around to voice her anti-Trump opinions.

So that's my theory as to why Meghan was unrelentingly ugly and priggish and in attack-dog mode on today's show. She was playing to her base. If Joy is going to be cast by the Right as Public Enemy Number One, and I believe she is, then Little Miss "I'm A Republican" is going to go after her as hard as possible, whenever she can. Shows where Joy is moderating and Whoopi is absent to rein her in must be like red meat to this little nitwit.

Whenever I see that I post, "I like The View." I don't argue nor explain. Nobody argues with me, nobody "likes" it. Sometimes it ends the thread. It's rather fun. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Thankfully Ana's been wildly received, and she's come back so many times at this point that there's no doubt she's at least being considered to replace the snotty heiress.

I love Ana, but do you think she would get the press that MM does?  Does the network think any publicity is good publicity?  The show is a train wreck, IMHO, but somebody must think she's worth hanging on to.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

The show is a train wreck, IMHO, but somebody must think she's worth hanging on to.

It's not like she's been re-signed, or am I missing something here? People usually don't leave until their contracts are up on this show. O'Donnell is the only exception I can think of, and that was because she chose to leave.

We'll have to agree to disagree on perspective, because I don't believe they really think the publicity is worth keeping someone who smears ABC. Moreover, the show isn't run by Bill Geddie like in the Elisabeth years; generally the people who are hated get fired these days.

• Love 6

Yikes, WarnerCL45!   Looks like she did it!    We can order her book on Amazon.  It will be available in October.  I'm damp with anticipation.   

#DoNotDisturb: How I Ghosted My Cell Phone to Take Back My Life ~ Jedidiah Bila ~ Oct 9, 2018

Maybe she's ready to come back to "The View."  

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

#DoNotDisturb: How I Ghosted My Cell Phone to Take Back My Life ~ Jedidiah Bila ~ Oct 9, 2018

Until reading the Harper Collins' synopsis, it sounded as though her topic could have been accomplished in an article for Cosmopolitan rather than a full-on book...but true to the over-yakky Jed, she was able to produce 256 pages on the subject.  Might be good for a beach read once it hits the library, but I'm not about to spend $26.99 for it.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Didn’t she leave to write a book?   LOL.  

Jedidah had just signed a new contract when ABC released her. She did an interview with Jim Norton that I came across on YouTube recently. She also implied that she can't go into detail for legal reasons. I'm guessing there was some kind of clause with her contract regarding a payout and not making disparaging claims. I think ABC had her re-up, THEN found out Meghan McCain was available and Jedidah got canned for not being famous enough.

• Love 6