Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, grand45 said:

Ah. Well alright. I guess I shouldn't waste my breath then. Lol. How far did he make it? 

8 minutes ago, grand45 said:

Ah. Well alright. I guess I shouldn't waste my breath then. Lol. How far did he make it? 

I think he was only in prelims. It was several years ago, so I'm a bit foggy. He still teaches class in Dallas, I see him occasionally at conventions. 

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I think he was only in prelims. It was several years ago, so I'm a bit foggy. He still teaches class in Dallas, I see him occasionally at conventions. 

Oh okay, well thank you for answering my questions. ☺

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, grand45 said:

3 minutes ago, grand45 said:

He was on one of the early seasons of MTT...maybe 3 or 4.

15 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

5 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

He was on one of the early seasons of MTT...maybe 3 or 4.

You can watch those seasons on CMT's website right?

• Love 1

I wish that we'd heard more about that.  I remember hearing bits and pieces about a guy showing up, but nothing much was really said about him.  Although I know that there was no chance he would ever even get CLOSE to finals, much less Training Camp, I would have liked to know more about him.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ShellyB said:

15 hours ago, ShellyB said:
51 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Yeah, he definitely wasn't featured unless it was in bonus footage I've never seen. I wish they had featured him!

Me too, it would be nice to hear more. I just wish they would allow males ? but I understand that the uniform wouldn't do any justice to a male lol

• Love 1

As God is my witness, I had no idea my cable company (Comcast) dropped CMT. I couldn't figure out how I missed the first 3 episodes. I even found it in my grid and set the DVR to record it and it didn't. Does CMT have them online?

17 hours ago, ShellyB said:

On any given game day, there is salad, grilled or steamed veggies, t types of protein, some type of carb, bread. There are usually cookies or some kind of treat. The amount of exercise they get contributes to maintaining their figures. Some have to work hard due to genetics. It boils down to common sense and healthy choices. 

Does this mean DCC provides their meals sort of buffet style on game day?

On 9/17/2016 at 6:23 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Does anyone "think" Brooke Sorenson has aspirations to be a DCC choreographer?   Not sure if "think" is the correct word.  It is just what we say in the south.  I wondered about Brooke when Michelle Keyes was introduced by K & J.  I don't know much about the political world of choreography (or even if there is one).  Maybe Brooke has surpassed such a position.

Yes, as MrsEVH said, Brooke is a choreographer for the Miami dolphins cheerleaders.  She is on the far right in this photo.

staff.jpg

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

As God is my witness, I had no idea my cable company (Comcast) dropped CMT. I couldn't figure out how I missed the first 3 episodes. I even found it in my grid and set the DVR to record it and it didn't. Does CMT have them online?

You can't watch CMT on demand w/ Comcast unless you actually GET the channel in your lineup.  I had that same issue here locally.  CMT moved to a different "package" I didn't pay for that was more expensive so I switched to another local provider for internet, phone AND cable and I think I'll be coming out about $50+ ahead.  If possible you can switch to another local provider that has CMT then watch online.  With mine I watch through watchtveverywhere.com

ETA - I just did the math and will be saving about $94.00/mo

Edited by DCCFanInKy
new info
3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

You can't watch CMT on demand w/ Comcast unless you actually GET the channel in your lineup.  I had that same issue here locally.  CMT moved to a different "package" I didn't pay for that was more expensive so I switched to another local provider for internet, phone AND cable and I think I'll be coming out about $50+ ahead.  If possible you can switch to another local provider that has CMT then watch online.  With mine I watch through watchtveverywhere.com

ETA - I just did the math and will be saving about $94.00/mo

Thanks. I can't believe a basic cable channel is considered high tier. I mean...it's CMT! LOL!!!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, jenngirl said:

Yes, as MrsEVH said, Brooke is a choreographer for the Miami dolphins cheerleaders.  She is on the far right in this photo.

staff.jpg

I just love Brooke.  I am so happy for her and all that she has accomplished both during DCC and after.  And she got herself a cutie for a husband!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, jenngirl said:

staff.jpg

Brooke looks great. She is honestly more attractive to me now than when she was a DCC. She's always been beautiful, but her look is a little more softened now and she seems to just hold herself differently. Love her.

• Love 4
On 9/18/2016 at 4:43 PM, grand45 said:

Give me a break.  I worked at Hooters back in my college days and I remember a story about a guy who was suing them because he said it was sexist he could not get hired.  SO pathetic.

On 9/17/2016 at 6:48 PM, grand45 said:

@ShellyB all my life I've looked up to the DCC and wanted to apart of the amazing organization that they are however, there's a problem. I'm a male, so my question for you is; are males allowed to audition? Would they be given the same opportunity to make the team like the girls if they have the talent to make it? I was planning on going to Dallas after college and trying my hand at the DCC. I've auditioned for the drill team at my school so I know how to do kick lines and I cheered as well. I'm just wondering if my chances would be the same as everyone else or if I'm just wasting my breath. I know the uniform isn't male appropriate but, I wondered if a male was just as good as they are if they would make an exception. Thank you in advance if you answer my questions. ☺

SO sad.  Anything for attention!

Edited by missmansfield
Misspelled word

I have CMT with DISH and I don't think I can watch it with the app.  i think I have to by the hopper or something like that.  That bunny can just keep hopping cause it ain't happening.  And I have yet to understand why DISH isn't on the list for the MTT videos (sign in with our cable provider).

• Love 1

I had a bunch of MTT recordings I used to watch frequently and sometimes I would have it on just for the noise.  It is brain candy for me!  Anyone feel this way too or is it just me LOL!  ALL my recordings on my reciever erased a few nights ago.  Argggg.  I only have 2 episodes I can watch on demand.  I can't wait for more to come so I can build up my collection again.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I had a bunch of MTT recordings I used to watch frequently and sometimes I would have it on just for the noise.  It is brain candy for me!  Anyone feel this way too or is it just me LOL!  ALL my recordings on my reciever erased a few nights ago.  Argggg.  I only have 2 episodes I can watch on demand.  I can't wait for more to come so I can build up my collection again.

I go through the seasons all the time, especially in the mornings when I'm getting ready and can't chat with my bestie - I have every season I can get on iTunes, and have been sadly shaking my fist at CMT since they don't have the 2-hour special or S1 and S2 available ?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Hi @ShellyB

why do so many of the girls seem to have so much trouble learning the field entrance? 

Not really a matter of having trouble learning, it's more about the style in the strut, guiding with your line and hitting the marks on the right counts. 

• Love 4
On September 14, 2016 at 9:16 PM, ShellyB said:

@tobeyoungagain and @KnyghtRyder....there are always a handful every season that are great examples of DCC, too many to name. That's probably to PC for your liking, but it's the truth. 

Unacceptable @ShellyB! I need names! ? I'm kidding of course.

For me, when I think of the ultimate example of a modern DCC, I think of Nicole Hamilton. And then more recently, Brittney Schram - I think she is probably one of the most universally loved (on these boards at least). 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Unacceptable @ShellyB! I need names! ? I'm kidding of course.

For me, when I think of the ultimate example of a modern DCC, I think of Nicole Hamilton. And then more recently, Brittney Schram - I think she is probably one of the most universally loved (on these boards at least). 

Love the Shraminator .. she's so gorgeous and seems fun.  Girl Crush all the way!  I also liked Hannah who seems super sweet on social media.

• Love 3
On 9/19/2016 at 8:59 PM, missmansfield said:

Give me a break.  I worked at Hooters back in my college days and I remember a story about a guy who was suing them because he said it was sexist he could not get hired.  SO pathetic.

Are you saying I'm asking for attention? I'm sorry if I'm assuming, I'm just wondering. 

On 9/19/2016 at 8:59 PM, missmansfield said:

However it's understandable why they wouldn't let a male on the team. It's just always been a dream to be one and earn the 15 stars and the boots. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, grand45 said:

Are you saying I'm asking for attention? I'm sorry if I'm assuming, I'm just wondering. 

However it's understandable why they wouldn't let a male on the team. It's just always been a dream to be one and earn the 15 stars and the boots. 

I apologize for that.  I was actually referring to the Hooters guy, although looking at my comments I can see why it seemed like I was attacking you.  Sorry again (blushing)!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I apologize for that.  I was actually referring to the Hooters guy, although looking at my comments I can see why it seemed like I was attacking you.  Sorry again (blushing)!

Oh it's okay, you're fine. I was just making sure and I was the one assuming. ☺

Why do they wait so long to A) teach the field entrance and B) have the girls dance in boots?  It seems like every year there are a couple TCCs who seem to be doing well, then get tripped up (figuratively speaking) by one of those things and end up getting cut.  It seems like they've done a little better about getting them on the turf earlier in the process but not in boots.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Anyone else think the shorts look just slightly longer this season?

Kelsey's and Yuko's are definitely leading the way! I like how Kelli Q's aren't a skintight fit, it is so much more flattering.

But check Jenna's, they just seem slightly obscene to me

• Love 2

Ok I finally figured out why Jenna's body looks odd to me. She has super LONG legs but a tiny torso. Look at her legs in these pics. They are as long as the tall girls.  I also think she pulls her shorts up higher. They don't sit as low on her body as the others do. Which is why she looks like she has a 'hangry butt' haha! 

Case in point. Look at her shorts here

If hypothetically I were to buy a ticket to a Cowboys game, which direction do the DCC face at halftime? The stadium seating chart labels the sides home and away, so is it the home side? Those sections are the lower numbers (e.g. C110, C210, C310), while the away side has higher numbers (C135, C235, C335). If a guest team performs, will they face the same way? 

I am in the contemplation phase, but if I go I will need to buy plane tickets so I need to decide soon.

12 hours ago, Law Mom said:

If hypothetically I were to buy a ticket to a Cowboys game, which direction do the DCC face at halftime? The stadium seating chart labels the sides home and away, so is it the home side? Those sections are the lower numbers (e.g. C110, C210, C310), while the away side has higher numbers (C135, C235, C335). If a guest team performs, will they face the same way? 

I am in the contemplation phase, but if I go I will need to buy plane tickets so I need to decide soon.

As far as I know, DCC don't do halftime dances unless they're the special halftimes like Breast Cancer, Halloween and Christmas. Unless I'm totally mistaken and Thunder is halftime? But I thought it was pregame.

Edited by heatherrrrz
18 hours ago, Law Mom said:

f hypothetically I were to buy a ticket to a Cowboys game, which direction do the DCC face at halftime? The stadium seating chart labels the sides home and away, so is it the home side? Those sections are the lower numbers (e.g. C110, C210, C310), while the away side has higher numbers (C135, C235, C335). If a guest team performs, will they face the same way? 

Can you call the stadium and ask? When I went, I had horrible seats and the DCC was facing the wrong way so your question is a good one. If you still can’t get an answer, let me know and I can ask someone (there is a private DCC board on Facebook they might have the answer for you).

Edited by PBSLover
On 10/2/2016 at 7:14 PM, Law Mom said:

They perform pre-game, and yes - C110, 210 etc is the "Home" side. They perform on the side that the top point of the star on the field is facing.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2016 at 2:12 AM, Harrythecat said:

Shelly B.  Is the DCC dance room the only space still be used a Valley Ranch.  Are you guys the last ones?

Yes....us and security.

On 9/20/2016 at 8:22 PM, missmansfield said:

I have heard DCC recruits some girls.  Anyone know how that recruit works and how they choose girls for it?

Not necessarily recruiting specific individuals, but Shelly Mc talks with reputable college dance teams either when they are playing games at AT&T Stadium or reaching out to them. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, grand45 said:

Why don't they girls get to keep the boots at the end of the season? They get 3 right, practice ones, performance ones, and the bca boots?

I think if all DCC alumni had a pair there might not be such a rush of excitement when the rookies get their hands on them?

I mean I could understand the idea behind not giving them out willy nilly before Luchese started selling them, but now anyone can buy them anyway so I don't get the big deal. 

It would be cool if all 5 year+ vets got to keep a pair when they retired. 

• Love 2