Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, cvogue said:

About the uniforms... Do the girls have to take care of their own uniform as far as laundry, etc or is that done by the organization?? The day after the first preseason game the SG danced at opening of The Star so did they have to wear their sweaty uniform from the day before or were they cleaned in between times?? 

When there were still blogs, Sasha did a day in the life blog.  She talked about washing her uniform and practice attire at home.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Elizabeth9 said:

When there were still blogs, Sasha did a day in the life blog.  She talked about washing her uniform and practice attire at home.

And I recall an insider saying something along the lines of show group members having an extra uniform if necessary. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, cvogue said:

I thought this was really cool, a list of all DCC rosters and their photos going way way back: 

http://pompedia.org/index.php?title=Category:Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleader_Rosters

It's a little screwed up.  It has Lauren Williams as a rookie in both 2010 & 2011, and Kelsi Reich as a veteran in 2010, then a rookie in 2011.u

Also, I don't think retired Holly's last name is Powell, isn't that current Holly's name? "Kessika" also made me giggle :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

It's a little screwed up.  It has Lauren Williams as a rookie in both 2010 & 2011, and Kelsi Reich as a veteran in 2010, then a rookie in 2011.u

Also, I don't think retired Holly's last name is Powell, isn't that current Holly's name? "Kessika" also made me giggle :)

Yeah I noticed some "off" things as well ? Retired Holly's name is Holly (Squire) Hubbard, middle name Arielle 

I have a very strong feeling that under all the agression and harsh criticism Kitty is a softie.  She does seem to care about the girls and when she sees someone great example (Holly P, Hannah) she seems 110%  in their corner.

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I have a very strong feeling that under all the agression and harsh criticism Kitty is a softie.  She does seem to care about the girls and when she sees someone great (Holly P) she seems 110%  in their corner.

She is also in their corner when they take the suggestions from her, Kelli, Judy, etc and improve.  I would feel it was a waste of time to work with someone who doesn't seem to be listening.

• Love 7

@missmansfield I personally love kitty. She is one of the best instructors I have EVER had. She'll call you out, but she knows her stuff. I don't think anyone truly hates her or is actually terrified of her (unless they've never met her.) 

even if you're not a super star like holly she will support you and have your back. She's honest and will mention your weaknesses, but will always mention and emphasise your strengths.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

@missmansfield I personally love kitty. She is one of the best instructors I have EVER had. She'll call you out, but she knows her stuff. I don't think anyone truly hates her or is actually terrified of her (unless they've never met her.) 

even if you're not a super star like holly she will support you and have your back. She's honest and will mention your weaknesses, but will always mention and emphasise your strengths.

This is nice to hear bc I honestly do not like her. I can always change my mind, though. :)

• Love 3

@woodscommaelle if you saw the most recent episode, they accurately portrayed her. Honest and to the point, but gives praise where praise is deserved. 

Let's say a woman came into the studio. Never danced in her life, was over weight and not exactly a looker. she would say, "im not gonna sugar coat this, you have a lot of work to do, but you need to do this, that and this. Put in the work and we will try to get you there." She's honest but not discouraging. She would never tell someone that they don't have a chance in hell or that they should give up their dream. THATS what I love about kitty. She doesn't (completely ?) kill your spirit.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She is also in their corner when they take the suggestions from her, Kelli, Judy, etc and improve.  I would feel it was a waste of time to work with someone who doesn't seem to be listening.

What Kitty said to Madeline made me cry!! Madeline was so sweet and gracious and took to heart all the criticism from last year and wowed everyone!! She and Holly are my faves 

• Love 7
On 9/4/2016 at 0:59 AM, cvogue said:

I thought this was really cool, a list of all DCC rosters and their photos going way way back: 

http://pompedia.org/index.php?title=Category:Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleader_Rosters

I saw this posted and wanted to say "thank you" for pointing our the errors I had on Pompedia.org  I am sure there are more so if you do find any additional ones, please let me know.  I want to maintain the most accurate information as possible. 

Names can be tricky especially when it comes to maiden or married names.   I think it was around 2010 when the organization decided to drop the last names and incorporate just first and middle.  Keeping up with married names after they leave the organization is also a challenge. 

It is a work in progress and I like the challenge of connecting the dots.  One fun example was the list of Pro Bowl selections...

http://pompedia.org/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_Pro_Bowl_Selections

or even a list of top veterans

http://pompedia.org/index.php?title=Dallas_Cheerleader_Top_Veterans

Thanks again.

-Steve

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, Pompedia said:

I saw this posted and wanted to say "thank you" for pointing our the errors I had on Pompedia.org  I am sure there are more so if you do find any additional ones, please let me know.  I want to maintain the most accurate information as possible. 

Names can be tricky especially when it comes to maiden or married names.   I think it was around 2010 when the organization decided to drop the last names and incorporate just first and middle.  Keeping up with married names after they leave the organization is also a challenge. 

It is a work in progress and I like the challenge of connecting the dots.  One fun example was the list of Pro Bowl selections...

http://pompedia.org/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_Pro_Bowl_Selections

Thanks again.

-Steve

I still see Holly Arielle listed as Holly Powell on the 5 year roster and I see Danielle Marie and Jessica Marie for five years, but Jenna Lene is not listed

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Pompedia said:

Thanks again.

-Steve

On your vets list,  Jenna Lene Jackson is a five year this year as well 12-16.  As they said,  Holly Arielle isn't Powell, Ashley Nicole Holland is spelled incorrectly on one year, and I think you may have Crystal Trevino's rookie cameo and year 2 mixed up. (Hair length is why I think this. I thought she had the Lisa rinna her rookie season!) EDIT:  I looked at squad photos from 2008 and 2009, and she has longer hair in 2009 and the short cut in her rookie season so they are switched on pompedia

not trying to nitpick, just trying to be helpful! 

Edited by Josreason
Clarification.
24 minutes ago, Josreason said:

On your vets list,  Jenna Lene Jackson is a five year this year as well 12-16.  As they said,  Holly Arielle isn't Powell, Ashley Nicole Holland is spelled incorrectly on one year, and I think you may have Crystal Trevino's rookie cameo and year 2 mixed up. (Hair length is why I think this. I thought she had the Lisa rinna her rookie season!) EDIT:  I looked at squad photos from 2008 and 2009, and she has longer hair in 2009 and the short cut in her rookie season so they are switched on pompedia

not trying to nitpick, just trying to be helpful! 

On the 2009 squad Brandi Kilby and Evan Anderson are listed as vets when they were rookies. Kailtin Ilseng is listed as a rookie when she was a 2 yr vet (was a rookie in 2008).

7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

@ShellyB Can anyone go to Kitty for help before finals, or do you have to be invited?

I remember I asked Kelsey about that back in May, trying to remember what she said...I believe she mentioned that girls they choose to do back stories on definitely get invited for "critiques".  Was everyone who went this time new besides Madeline? 

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

I remember I asked Kelsey about that back in May, trying to remember what she said...I believe she mentioned that girls they choose to do back stories on definitely get invited for "critiques".  Was everyone who went this time new besides Madeline? 

Everyone was new, besides Madeline.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Princess Chloe said:

I meant new as in not a returning vet. Maybe Kelli Q has auditioned before. I don't think I've seen season 8.

She has definitely auditioned a few times but this is the first time she had made it Though.  She made it to finals in 2013. But I feel like she auditioned with Sydney back in the day

1 hour ago, Princess Chloe said:

I meant new as in not a returning vet. Maybe Kelli Q has auditioned before. I don't think I've seen season 8.

Well, Madeline isn't a returning vet either. She is a repeat TCC. 

I'm pretty sure Kelli Quinn has auditioned at least 3 times. I remember one of the insiders commenting that Kitty told Kelli and Judy she couldn't believe they passed on her multiple times. Or something to that effect. 

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Well, Madeline isn't a returning vet either. She is a repeat TCC. 

I'm pretty sure Kelli Quinn has auditioned at least 3 times. I remember one of the insiders commenting that Kitty told Kelli and Judy she couldn't believe they passed on her multiple times. Or something to that effect. 

I didn't say Madeline was a vet. I know that she is a repeat TCC. I meant to point out that they (for the seasons that I have seen) haven't been featuring returning vets in Kitty Carter's studio, pre finals. They have been presenting Kitty's pre final workshop as a "polishing" review before they go to finals. Why would a returning vet need to go when they already have rehearsals? I figure someone who hasn't made it all the way through TC may just as well be considered "new". after all she is still considered a "rookie", right.

14 hours ago, Pompedia said:

Thanks again.

-Steve

Thanks, Steve, for an AWESOME resource site!!! I looked at every one  of the DCC rosters ?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Princess Chloe said:

I didn't say Madeline was a vet. I know that she is a repeat TCC. I meant to point out that they (for the seasons that I have seen) haven't been featuring returning vets in Kitty Carter's studio, pre finals. They have been presenting Kitty's pre final workshop as a "polishing" review before they go to finals. Why would a returning vet need to go when they already have rehearsals? I figure someone who hasn't made it all the way through TC may just as well be considered "new". after all she is still considered a "rookie", right.

You stated "i meant new, as in not a returning vet". Obviously, I misunderstood what you meant. 

In the earlier seasons of the show, veterans were shown along with rookie candidate finalists with Kitty right before finals. 

• Love 1

Thanks again, I did locate and corrected all the issues presented.  Don't worry about being "picky" or harsh.  It's one thing I've learned over the years... is that the fans of the DCC are meticulous about name spelling, and incorrect information.  I appreciate you all bringing this up.  Also, (I'm sure you know this) but Sydney Durso became a Dallas Mavericks dancer this past NBA season.  

7 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Perhaps the reason we saw vets at Kitty's is that she asked them to be there to demonstrate how a vet performs and how they have grown from when Kitty first saw them.

Could be. I remember in season three in particular, Meagan Sharp and Kristen Gauthier really impressed at Kitty's, and they both got called out a lot the year before for being "meek." Sarah Clay was also there and rocked it, but I don't really remember her being featured in season two.

15 hours ago, Josreason said:

She has definitely auditioned a few times but this is the first time she had made it Though.  She made it to finals in 2013. But I feel like she auditioned with Sydney back in the day

Kelli was a Fan Vote finalist in 2013 and 2016. She probably didn't make to finals in 2014 and didn't audition in 2015 because she was still with the  Mavs.

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Kim but not sure if she was single or married (or both) during her tenure.

I think she was married in her 2nd year (hence the name change). I remember Judy saying she and Kim became friends because they were both married Dccs.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

She did 2 years. She is listed as Chapman on her first year. 

I missed that, thanks!  Since a kind of big deal was made over Meredith having a mom who was an alum, I was surprised at the thought she only did one year.

Edited by ByTor
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 2:59 AM, cvogue said:

What Kitty said to Madeline made me cry!! Madeline was so sweet and gracious and took to heart all the criticism from last year and wowed everyone!! She and Holly are my faves 

what did she say?  can't get the episode :(