Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, JC123 said:

I think if all DCC alumni had a pair there might not be such a rush of excitement when the rookies get their hands on them?

I mean I could understand the idea behind not giving them out willy nilly before Luchese started selling them, but now anyone can buy them anyway so I don't get the big deal. 

It would be cool if all 5 year+ vets got to keep a pair when they retired. 

Idk, I just think it's crazy that they'd keep boots that the girls have worn for many games lol. I would however love to invest in those 550 dollar boots though. 

On October 10, 2016 at 11:02 AM, grand45 said:

Idk, I just think it's crazy that they'd keep boots that the girls have worn for many games lol. I would however love to invest in those 550 dollar boots though. 

Maybe they send them back to be "refurbished" for a second go round!

@ShellyB I don't have a question but maybe a small favor.

I have posted on this forum a couple of times recently about how much I appreciate a tv show with women running a  complicated and extremely professional organization. We don't have any other program like this, that portrays women at work running the show. Kelli and Judy are inspiring to me. For my part, I  enjoyed scenes with Judy talking about her daughter and knowing how all the other Moms felt. I appreciated Judy being shown as a professional and a mom!  There aren't enough shows about women being successful as professionals and as moms. I enjoy too that we see Kelli as a manager, sometimes of very young girls, and her struggle to reach the right decisions. She is human and not a remote figure.

I have been particularly struck by Kelly's insistence that the organization always be improving.Watching season after season of the show it's clear that  this is more than a slogan, she truly guides the organization and the team to always be better. I recall Charlotte saying once that Kelly has a lot of pride in her work. That is also inspiring to me.

So while the show might be on the surface about dancing at football games in a skimpy uniform or a Belk fashion show,  the bigger story to me is that of professional women in positions of responsibility and how they do their jobs.

The little favor I have is that maybe you pass my appreciation along to Judy, Kelli and Charlotte. I know the show may come under criticism, sometimes fairly and sometimes unfairly so, but I know I am not the only person who feels inspired by them and the way they manage themselves and the team.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, rose711 said:

@ShellyB I don't have a question but maybe a small favor.

I have posted on this forum a couple of times recently about how much I appreciate a tv show with women running a  complicated and extremely professional organization. We don't have any other program like this, that portrays women at work running the show. Kelli and Judy are inspiring to me. For my part, I  enjoyed scenes with Judy talking about her daughter and knowing how all the other Moms felt. I appreciated Judy being shown as a professional and a mom!  There aren't enough shows about women being successful as professionals and as moms. I enjoy too that we see Kelli as a manager, sometimes of very young girls, and her struggle to reach the right decisions. She is human and not a remote figure.

I have been particularly struck by Kelly's insistence that the organization always be improving.Watching season after season of the show it's clear that  this is more than a slogan, she truly guides the organization and the team to always be better. I recall Charlotte saying once that Kelly has a lot of pride in her work. That is also inspiring to me.

So while the show might be on the surface about dancing at football games in a skimpy uniform or a Belk fashion show,  the bigger story to me is that of professional women in positions of responsibility and how they do their jobs.

The little favor I have is that maybe you pass my appreciation along to Judy, Kelli and Charlotte. I know the show may come under criticism, sometimes fairly and sometimes unfairly so, but I know I am not the only person who feels inspired by them and the way they manage themselves and the team.

?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Is that what it is?  I always wondered!

Yep! Especially freshly printed paper that is super crisp, it's easy to just quickly stick to your finger especially if you're trying to sift through a bunch of paperwork!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

Yep! Especially freshly printed paper that is super crisp, it's easy to just quickly stick to your finger especially if you're trying to sift through a bunch of paperwork!

Ahhh- thank you!

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word

A lot of people do that to separate the page 

I'm no germphobe, but I've always been grossed out by that. It goes back to a teacher I had in elementary school. She passed out papers by handing them to the students in the front of each row to pass back to everyone else behind them. I sat at the head of one of the rows and she would always hand me a bunch of papers and the top one was damp on the corner. I remember being so skeeved out when she handed me a paper that basically had her spit on it, LOL. It's a gross habit and I'm surprised Kelli does it.

• Love 3
On 10/17/2016 at 4:41 PM, dccfan37 said:

Ahhh- thank you for that!

Just now, missmansfield said:

Ahhh- thank you for that!

37 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I'm no germphobe, but I've always been grossed out by that. It goes back to a teacher I had in elementary school. She passed out papers by handing them to the students in the front of each row to pass back to everyone else behind them. I sat at the head of one of the rows and she would always hand me a bunch of papers and the top one was damp on the corner. I remember being so skeeved out when she handed me a paper that basically had her spit on it, LOL. It's a gross habit and I'm surprised Kelli does it.

I agree with all this.  It really is nasty.   Who knows who touched that paper before you? Then they put their finger in their mouth!

• Love 1
On July 17, 2016 at 9:38 PM, Runnergrl37 said:

Do the girls have to be "camera ready" on non cmt aka non Kelli/Judy nights or can they wear there hair in a bun and dress in their own clothes? What a pain in the ass to do your hair and makeup like that night after night . 

One more.  Why are some cuts not shown?  It's widely known that Amy Reese threatened a lawsuit but there were girls in both season 6 & 7 that just disappeared.  

I've seen glimpses of them at rehearsals wearing their own clothes and not wearing makeup. Remember the episode where Kaitlin LaGrande was cut as a veteran. She showed up on a night in her own clothes when they needed to be in rehearsal uniforms and camera ready. That's not the only reason why she was cut but it was the final straw. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On September 2, 2016 at 8:51 PM, missmansfield said:

The Cassie thing kind of bugs me (the nepotism), however the other side of me thinks "if anyone was groomed to be a DCC since birth it was her!"

From what they aired on MTT she should have never made it to Finals her rookie year (mistakes) and should have never made it back to TC her last year (injury). This is not to say she didn't earn her spot the other 3 years, because she did have the total package. I just think from what I've seen other girls get cut for, the judges gave her a favor because of her last name. 

• Love 1

@ShellyB, any estimate on how long Thunderstruck will be performed? Just looking back and it's been the pregame for soooo long. Is there anything that holds Judy and team back from using something new? I'd imagine with 36+ girls learning a complete new set and positions would be difficult but I'd hate for the repetitiveness to take away from the reputation of the cheerleaders.  Heck, even bring Loud back. 

On 12/29/2016 at 10:47 AM, Teriyaki Terror said:

From what they aired on MTT she should have never made it to Finals her rookie year (mistakes) and should have never made it back to TC her last year (injury). This is not to say she didn't earn her spot the other 3 years, because she did have the total package. I just think from what I've seen other girls get cut for, the judges gave her a favor because of her last name. 

I totally agree with you!  If she fell flat on her face in auditions she still would have made it.

The one judge- I think her name is Christy said there is no doubt in her mind that Cassie is a DCC-  I have a strong feeling she only said that so she would stay in good graces with the Cowboys and would keep being asked back to judge auditions.

Judy absolutely hates everyone and has only negative things to say about all the girls.  Can you imagine what she would have said about Cassie if she was not her daughter?!!!

Edited by missmansfield
Misspelled word
  • Love 1

Since the entrance and kick line are the same every year, why don't the girls auditioning for the first time memorize it beforehand? If it were me, I'd make sure I had my jump split and good kicks before even considering auditioning. 

49 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

@ShellyB, any estimate on how long Thunderstruck will be performed? Just looking back and it's been the pregame for soooo long. Is there anything that holds Judy and team back from using something new? I'd imagine with 36+ girls learning a complete new set and positions would be difficult but I'd hate for the repetitiveness to take away from the reputation of the cheerleaders.  Heck, even bring Loud back. 

Nooooooo Loud needs to die and be buried. Big & Rich are the Nickelback of country music.  I do agree that they need to retire Thunderstruck.

• Love 3
On September 17, 2016 at 6:23 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Does anyone "think" Brooke Sorenson has aspirations to be a DCC choreographer?   Not sure if "think" is the correct word.  It is just what we say in the south.  I wondered about Brooke when Michelle Keyes was introduced by K & J.  I don't know much about the political world of choreography (or even if there is one).  Maybe Brooke has surpassed such a position.

I think Judy is on her last leg there. The dances are the same moves in different sequences they've done for the past 20 years. It's time for some new blood.

Just now, Teriyaki Terror said:

I think Judy is on her last leg there. The dances are the same moves in different sequences they've done for the past 20 years. It's time for some new blood.

They've been going to Michelle Keys for some new dances this year which was nice, love her choreo.

Squad, Staff & Fan vote....all tallied together. #jenniferisnumber25

On 1/5/2017 at 1:37 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

Rewatching season 11 on cmt.com and was wondering the girls that get cut from TC get feedback about what they can do if they're interested in trying again. Do the girls cut at finals get feedback? If they request it can they get it? @ShellyB could you answer that

Under consideration of giving feedback, but only if they ask for reaudition purposes. 

On 12/29/2016 at 10:55 AM, HowdeeDo said:

No real time limit. Thunderstruck is a powerful performance piece for us in many different settings. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Sheelllllllssss....come on girl. Don't you have just a teensy weensy scoop on why Danielle wasn't pro bowl??? You KNOW we on here are have inquiring minds....

Seriously...there is a list of criteria that  the girls are given to consider. All of the leaders this season possess the qualities on the list. 

• Love 6

@ShellyB is it possible for a vet who takes a year or more off (or who is cut at finals) to reaudition another year and have a real chance of coming back on the squad?  I know it has been done before for those vets who took time off (Tina Kalina!!) and that other vets within the past 10 years or so have attempted (Jenna last season, for instance), but no one has ever achieved it (to my knowledge).  I was curious since Kelly had said once during a scene after vets were shown being cut that those cuts were painful and final.  Is there a written or unwritten policy about that you could share?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, raindancer said:

@ShellyB is it possible for a vet who takes a year or more off (or who is cut at finals) to reaudition another year and have a real chance of coming back on the squad?  I know it has been done before for those vets who took time off (Tina Kalina!!) and that other vets within the past 10 years or so have attempted (Jenna last season, for instance), but no one has ever achieved it (to my knowledge).  I was curious since Kelly had said once during a scene after vets were shown being cut that those cuts were painful and final.  Is there a written or unwritten policy about that you could share?

Maybe final meaning if they fix what they need to fix during the season they still can't rejoin and would have to reaudition.

19 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Seriously...there is a list of criteria that  the girls are given to consider. All of the leaders this season possess the qualities on the list. 

I thought it was voted on by fans as well.

• Love 1

I'd have to dig out squad photos to remember all the Comeback DCC, there have been several...including myself. There is no written or unwritten tenure or final answer on girls returning. I will say it's probably harder in different aspects 1) up against fresh faces, 2) the returning bet has more to lose ( or knows what's at stake & 3) she needs comeback stronger, better, etc. than when she left.

Fans only vote is for a training camp candidate, doesn't necessarily mean she will make the team. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

ShellyB - there was just a big fan vote on the DCC website for Pro Bowl Cheerleader.  That is why Teriyaki Terror is asking.

??

10 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@ShellyB Hi how are you I'm pathetic. Are you guys not making DCC barbies anymore?? I only have the blonde one. My god, I'm actually publicly asking this question. It's for my child. That was a lie. I'm childless and barren. It's completely for me.

They are out of production, but every once in awhile you can find a good deal on eBay! 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I'd have to dig out squad photos to remember all the Comeback DCC, there have been several...including myself. There is no written or unwritten tenure or final answer on girls returning. I will say it's probably harder in different aspects 1) up against fresh faces, 2) the returning bet has more to lose ( or knows what's at stake & 3) she needs comeback stronger, better, etc. than when she left.

thank you so much, it's awesome to have an idea about how that works (and congratulations on your own return!).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@ShellyB guess whooo?! Any idea if you guys are doing the page-a-day calendar? A couple of us are looking for it and can't find it. Thanks, as always.

Fans only vote is for a training camp candidate, doesn't necessarily mean she will make the team. 

@QuiteContrary the day by day was not produced this season.

5 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I swear there's a day by day calendar, Holly P just posted a picture of what looks like one...

Yeah, Holly even says in the comments you can buy it in the pro shop...maybe she didn't realize it is sold out? 

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, Holly even says in the comments you can buy it in the pro shop...maybe she didn't realize it is sold out? 

probably not

7 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Out of stock :-(

wow I checked it was in stock and by the time you posted 2 hours later it was out!  I always buy mine from calendars.com and often they have 50% off or free shipping with a discount in the summer or by Sept and it is a great time to buy calendars.  A good gift for people who like animals, who are difficult to buy for, or people who you don't like but have to give a gift to!!

14 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@ShellyB Y'all need a product consultant! Someone who KNOWS what kind of DCC swag people want to buy!! I've said it before, you'd be astounded at the amount of stuff we'd buy! It'd be a profit center, not a cost center. Promise. I'm in stupid MN, I can't make it to The Star everyday. I'm officially applying for this new position I just created. Bet Mr. Jones doesn't cotton to no mouthy yankees though. I'll work on that.

I asked today at staff...there is a box calendar. We just didn't have it at the release party, so outta sight, outta mind. My bad for misinformation! Now, where to find it is the question.

There could be new merch on the horizon, especially with the Star's new flagship store Fans United. Check their website! 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@ShellyB are you a member of the Cowboys Club at The Star?

I know memberships are sold out. Do alumni get an automatic membership?

Are the dining/bars open yet at The Star? Is it just absolutely amazingly freaking gorgeous?

Will you and other DCC alumni be leading fitness classes at the fitness facility?

Will Kitty be doing classes at the new dance studio?

Will we be able to attend auditions ever? I mean, as spectators. You do *not* want to see me audition.

Yes, I have a membership. Alumni received an offer that is discounted. 

The dining club club is not open yet. Still in final phases. 

I'm not sure who will be teaching classes. There are a lot of classes offered...cycle, barre, Zumba, weights, etc. 

im sure Kitty will be making some appearances at the Star Studio. 

Never say never to fans at auditions. But not without a lot of logistics worked out. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Does Shelly work w/ the DCC organization?  What's her role?

I think she's a technique coach but also does admin stuff too.

6 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Fans can audition whenever we want to. You in for 2018/2019? I need like, that long to get in shape :-D

I need about 3 months to get my kicks and splits.

6 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Shelly Bramhall is a former DCC (89,90,94,95,96). She was pro bowl in 1997 and is a choreo/dance coach for the DCC org now, among other things. She does one helluva sommersalt.

http://pompedia.org/index.php?title=Shelly_Bramhall

I wonder what the 3 year break was for. A baby?