Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

She does. Her name is Dayton and she could *COMPLETELY* be a contender. There is a presh vid in the media thread with Shelly and Dayton doing choreo together.

Just saw it - she's adorable and a good dancer!  Good luck to her if she tries out.  I didn't know that was Shelly!  Thought she was blonde for some reason

Just wondering how is it decided which girls will be interviewed for the show (be given an intro or featured heavily) out of all the candidates each year? I remember reading that some girls in the past have opted out of being interviewed for the show, correct me if I'm wrong?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Just wondering how is it decided which girls will be interviewed for the show (be given an intro or featured heavily) out of all the candidates each year? I remember reading that some girls in the past have opted out of being interviewed for the show, correct me if I'm wrong?

Vanessa Jenkins and Carey De Pasquale from season 4 were not featured at all. I think I read it on the old TWOP forums that they didn't want to be.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NicoleS9954 said:

I don't blame them. It seems like it would take up time. I'm there to make the team not appear to be on a show.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

We closed on a house today and I spent TWENTY MINUTES talking about the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and the show. I stopped mid sentence and looked at my husband and I said "Oh my God, I'm TALKING about this at our HOUSE CLOSING aren't I?!"

So good.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

We closed on a house today and I spent TWENTY MINUTES talking about the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and the show. I stopped mid sentence and looked at my husband and I said "Oh my God, I'm TALKING about this at our HOUSE CLOSING aren't I?!"

Haha! :) Sounds like something I would do also, I have my family and friends in on the show now too lol

9 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Has there ever been a rookie chosen for Show Group but then not make the team? If some how that were to happen how would they handle it? Have SG a girl short or add someone? Why aren't those auditions after the team is finalized?

I think I remember Kelli saying that if a TCC is chosen for show group, she would be an alternate anyway. SG is usually around 16 girls, but it seems like most appreances are 8-12 girls so I would imagine they take into account rookies, injuries, scheduling conflicts, etc. 

• Love 1

Video of the halftime practice shows that there is one girl off to the side, their right, our left.  At the halftime show, there seems to be only 36 girls on the field.  Shelley, can you shed some light on who that was off to the side in practice and who didn't perform (if that was the case)?

4 hours ago, Emilybemily1308 said:

Long time lurker here! I love this show and have watched every season many times. Here's my question: I know that Melissa Rutigliano was one of the vets cut at finals in Season 1 (2006) but who were the others? Kelli said that vets were cut but doesn't mention any others. Thanks!

Deanna Hernandez was the other vet that was cut.

The first season I watched was the 2 hour show where they were choosing the 2004 squad and Kari Laywell was cut even though Kelli said she did a lot of community service and was really loved by others.  They were all standing in the stands by the rail I believe and Kari looked so sad to know she had been cut after 1 year.  I would love to see the early shows again.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

TBD

*TBA.  Very shortly.  With an extended season.  And behind-the-scenes interviews.  And drawings to win a trip to AT&T Stadium to watch auditions, participate in judging panel, and have dinner with you, Kelli, Judy, Lisa, Cheryl, and Kitty Carter.

Fixed that for you ?

Edited by raindancer
I'm half asleep and listening to Kelli Finglass talk about auditions in Texas Stadium in S3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, raindancer said:

*TBA.  Very shortly.  With an extended season.  And behind-the-scenes interviews.  And drawings to win a trip to AT&T Stadium to watch auditions, participate in judging panel, and have dinner with you, Kelli, Judy, Lisa, Cheryl, and Kitty Carter.

Fixed that for you ?

Fixed that for you ?

But for real, I would love to see a combination of "extras" we've gotten to see in previous seasons all in one. I.E, Calendar shoot, Prep Classes or just a snippet of vet preparations, and extended into the season more with at least one look at a halftime production. Is it because of funding that they can't extend it further? COME ON CMT. This is the guiltiest of all guilty pleasures. Don't make me start a gofundme.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, raindancer said:

Fixed that for you ?

TBD - to be determined.  TBA - to be announced.  Shelly’s email may be correct.  It may not be decided if Season 12 will happen.

12 hours ago, PBSLover said:

TBD - to be determined.  TBA - to be announced.  Shelly’s email may be correct.  It may not be decided if Season 12 will happen.

I was just being facetious - I'm not willing to consider that it might be determined that there won't be a Season 12.  I much prefer "to be announced" - and while I was correcting things the way I'm hoping they will be, I figured I'd add some other things I'm hoping for just for kicks (with toes properly pointed) and giggles ?

• Love 5

@ShellyB I would encourage DCCs against posting their opinions on a woman's right to choose on social media.  It is a polarizing topic to say the least and not really appropriate for a Pro Bowl cheerleader regardless of your opinion on the topic. Same goes for Kashara, Jax, Heather O, Heather H and Cersten. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

@ShellyB I would encourage DCCs against posting their opinions on a woman's right to choose on social media.  It is a polarizing topic to say the least and not really appropriate for a Pro Bowl cheerleader regardless of your opinion on the topic. Same goes for Kashara, Jax, Heather O, Heather H and Cersten. 

WOAH! Where did they post this? I know Jenn posted something on instagram. I know Bess posted something on instagram about how much love she has for those marching or something like that and that she believes women have the right to choose.

I really don't understand why it's so upsetting? Their posts were on their Instagrams which is more personal; they can make those private and choose who can see what, and you don't miss much about DCC life by not following those accounts.  Their twitters, which they keep public and post more often on, are their business accounts.  Neither Bess or Jennifer were shoving anything in anyone's face or calling them out for not having the same beliefs.  I mean, Jennifer has been upfront since day 1 that she is a Christian so why is it crazy she posted a Bible verse about the sanctity of life?  These girls have posted things before I don't agree with but have always done it in a 'this is what i believe you are free to your own opinion' kind of way so I can't remember ever getting upset about it. Good for Jennifer just like good for Bess. 

My general rule of thumb is follow their twitters if you don't want to risk being triggered; if you are capable of still loving the girls knowing you may not agree with them on everything, follow their IGs.  I sure hope they don't get chastised for being real. 

And as always, feel free to block me or hide my posts on this forum if I've offended you :)  I'm allowed my opinion as well even though I know I'm alone in my principles on this here.  But I'm tired of being quiet about it so there you go LOL! 

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

That answers my question. In that case, I personally think that they can (and should) post whatever the hell they feel like.

Their DCC Twitter account is a completely different thing. That's the account they use to represent their employer and therefore, their employer regulates what does and doesn't go on that account. Since the Cowboys sponsor a for-profit evangelical anti-gay, pro-life Christian charity, I would imagine bible verses and "god bless the unborn babies" wouldn't be entirely shocking on company-sponsored accounts. I don't expect these girls to know what a zygote is, nor do I expect them to go much deeper than "God has other plans for me". It's the freaking BIBLE BELT.  I'd love to see someone go rogue with "keep your rosaries out of my ovaries" but alas, I don't think that's gonna happen.

OMG hahahahaha! 

• Love 5

I'm fine with them posting it on their instagrams since those are more personal. I think most of them know the difference between using their personal instagrams to promote their ideologies versus using their business twitters. If we're talking about the post Jenn made, it was hard to interpret. I thought she was just posting a bible verse and not something about pro life/pro choice but I guess it was a pro life post? Idk I haven't read the bible, tried to read it and found it boring and very weird so I stopped lol I stopped going to church when I was younger cause I told my parents we weren't doing anything new and it was the same thing every year.

36 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

OMG hahahahaha! 

There were some bomb signs at the women's march. I also don't expect them to even know what the women's march was about because it wasn't a pro choice march lol

2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I really don't understand why it's so upsetting? Their posts were on their Instagrams which is more personal; they can make those private and choose who can see what, and you don't miss much about DCC life by not following those accounts.  Their twitters, which they keep public and post more often on, are their business accounts.  Neither Bess or Jennifer were shoving anything in anyone's face or calling them out for not having the same beliefs.  I mean, Jennifer has been upfront since day 1 that she is a Christian so why is it crazy she posted a Bible verse about the sanctity of life?  These girls have posted things before I don't agree with but have always done it in a 'this is what i believe you are free to your own opinion' kind of way so I can't remember ever getting upset about it. Good for Jennifer just like good for Bess. 

My general rule of thumb is follow their twitters if you don't want to risk being triggered; if you are capable of still loving the girls knowing you may not agree with them on everything, follow their IGs.  I sure hope they don't get chastised for being real. 

And as always, feel free to block me or hide my posts on this forum if I've offended you :)  I'm allowed my opinion as well even though I know I'm alone in my principles on this here.  But I'm tired of being quiet about it so there you go LOL! 

Oh Lauren. I appreciate your posts so much because you so often express everything I'm feeling but much more eloquently and politely than I ever could. I cannot begrudge any of these girls for having their own opinions, whether they are the same as mine or not. That said, I was marching on Nashville on the 21st and it makes my heart full to know that some of the DCCs were doing the same, since I obviously admire these girls. Anyway, I don't even know what thread I'm in so I'm going to move on in case I'm veering too far off topic, lol.

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I don't expect these girls to know what a zygote is, nor do I expect them to go much deeper than "God has other plans for me". It's the freaking BIBLE BELT.  I'd love to see someone go rogue with "keep your rosaries out of my ovaries" but alas, I don't think that's gonna happen.

This just made me a snotty hiccupy mess. I really can't handle your posts with a cold because laughing is just as painful as coughing/sneezing. GOD. ❤

• Love 10
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

No, you're not, and so am I  :)

• Love 8

Yeah it's a personal account but I get it though - when you're a public figure, it's a fine line to straddle in terms of being true to yourself and posting political / ideological posts and being PC / not alienating anyone.  I may go a bit extreme - I don't friend anyone that I currently work with on Facebook or social media accounts.  I also don't tweet publish anything work related on my personal accounts.  Gray lines are tough and people so easily offended nowadays (myself included lol)

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah it's a personal account but I get it though - when you're a public figure, it's a fine line to straddle in terms of being true to yourself and posting political / ideological posts and being PC / not alienating anyone.  I may go a bit extreme - I don't friend anyone that I currently work with on Facebook or social media accounts.  I also don't tweet publish anything work related on my personal accounts.  Gray lines are tough and people so easily offended nowadays (myself included lol)

I try not to publish anything on my social medias that my job wouldn't like. I think they're very relaxed though. My twitter is for my random thoughts so most of it ends up political? But I don't think they would hold that against me. I feel like if I was a representative of a company that big like DCC that I would just keep my opinions to myself unless I was on my personal facebook where I could speak my mind. 

BTW Shelly, for what it's worth, I think Jay's question to Caila wasn't really fair and particularly tough.  I mean why don't you ask Jenn  or Holly or Megan a politically charged question like the wall?  I think that pretty much set Caila up for failure and it is a very tough question to answer (even for me, a grown woman). 

• Love 2

I don't mind political questions to certain degrees. It's our responsibility to keep up with the basic issues on each side, but the question did bother me because it was very pointed and over an already controversial topic. There's no right or wrong answer and I'm sure she recognized that but didn't really know how to approach it. Next year I'm hoping to not hear anything about Trump. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don't mind political questions to certain degrees. It's our responsibility to keep up with the basic issues on each side, but the question did bother me because it was very pointed and over an already controversial topic. There's no right or wrong answer and I'm sure she recognized that but didn't really know how to approach it. Next year I'm hoping to not hear anything about Trump. 

Doubt we will go by without hearing anything, even if it is just to ask the question of who were the presidential nominees.

20 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

At least she didn't say that she "wished him luck" when asked about Condalezza Rice running for prez. And then, when she realized she had made a mistake, attempted to correct it by saying "Oh I think I messed up, I was asked about Condalezza Rice running for president. But I guess....HE'S....not? Running for president?".

Tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this. I paraphrased but you get it....

lol I remember. Could never forget. Christian Pedigo. Yikes. She then went on to say "Condoleeza Jones" in her talking head.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

Not all these women are born and bred Christians / Texans and come from more liberal states like California. I have no idea what all their beliefs are but if I was a DCC (and I am an athiest), I would like to express my beliefs amongst all the christians posting their bible verses on their twitter accounts. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Not all these women are born and bred Christians / Texans and come from more liberal states like California. I have no idea what all their beliefs are but if I was a DCC (and I am an athiest), I would like to express my beliefs amongst all the christians posting their bible verses on their twitter accounts. 

I don't get offended by them posting their bible verses all day long on Twitter, it's just insanely annoying lol I'm agnostic/atheist whatever you want to call it and I try to just skip over those posts cause idek it's just annoying. I wonder how it is to be an atheist within the DCC, I'm pretty sure they have a prayer right before the game so do the atheists just pretend to pray?