Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't get offended by them posting their bible verses all day long on Twitter, it's just insanely annoying lol I'm agnostic/atheist whatever you want to call it and I try to just skip over those posts cause idek it's just annoying. I wonder how it is to be an atheist within the DCC, I'm pretty sure they have a prayer right before the game so do the atheists just pretend to pray?

Yeah I don't get offended either, which is why I think it's a little hypocritical when someone posts something a little more liberal and then called out on it. Girls allowed to have an opinion! Eurgh I don't know how some of them do it. Like, I'm pretty sure Jinelle is Jewish. Not sure how many people are athiests / have different beliefs on DCC. Would be pretty interesting. It's pretty easy to pick the ones that are religious...  

• Love 3
Just now, JayDKay said:

Yeah I don't get offended either, which is why I think it's a little hypocritical when someone posts something a little more liberal and then called out on it. Girls allowed to have an opinion! Eurgh I don't know how some of them do it. Like, I'm pretty sure Jinelle is Jewish. Not sure how many people are athiests / have different beliefs on DCC. Would be pretty interesting. It's pretty easy to pick the ones that are religious...  

I believe in the freedom of religion and also separation of church and state so being a liberal in a blue state is nice, but I deal with a conservative father who got mad at me when I explained my reasons for disliking Trump had a bit to do with his stance on planned parenthood/abortion. 

Shelly, do you guys mostly have a lot of religious girls on the team or do you guys not really talk about it besides the obvious postings of bible verses?

7 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Since the Cowboys sponsor a for-profit evangelical anti-gay, pro-life Christian charity, I would imagine bible verses and "god bless the unborn babies" wouldn't be entirely shocking on company-sponsored accounts. I don't expect these girls to know what a zygote is, nor do I expect them to go much deeper than "God has other plans for me". It's the freaking BIBLE BELT.  I'd love to see someone go rogue with "keep your rosaries out of my ovaries" but alas, I don't think that's gonna happen.

Salvation Army????  Who is it and how did not know this?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I feel like if I was a representative of a company that big like DCC that I would just keep my opinions to myself unless I was on my personal facebook where I could speak my mind. 

Or wait until you are no longer associated with that organization.  Even on a personal account, it’s not going to fly if you are still employed with a company and you have views that might differ from theirs.

Did you guys really not know the SALVATION Army is a Christian organization? Not poking fun. I'm just suprised. SALVATION. 

I have no idea what Jenn K posted, or Bess, or anyone else. I am a pretty liberal Christian. Whatever these girls believe, or don't, is their business, whether or not it matches my beliefs. If a girl posts a Bible verse, or whatever the equivalent is of an athiest statement, or anything in between, she's stating her opinion. As long as she's not bullying, demeaning, telling me I'm wrong, excluding someone because they don't agree with her, etc., feel free to post whatever. If the Cowboys have an issue with what's posted on their professional pages, then they can deal with it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Oh woman. If you have one gay friend, one friend who's had an abortion (you do), one friend who has gone to a salvation army soup kitchen, then you have every reason to rebel. My grandfather was a preacher at the Salvation Army, where you can have a bowl of soup, but you have to listen to what a piece of shit you are for 45 minutes, from a man who may or may not just be in this because he looooves the sound of his own voice.  Their stores are for-profit and you may want to google what their CEO makes...

Dang. The Salvation Army near me has the sweetest little old man as its pastor. They do require you to listen to their 15 minute sermon before getting a free meal, but this guy is more Mr. Rogers than Hellfire and Brimstone. 

• Love 4

I love the idea of the Salvation Army. But I can't stand the fact they stroll around with a bible in one hand and food in the other. If you're gonna feed the less fortunate, just do it - you shouldn't try and bully them into religion because they've fallen on unfortunate times. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, JC123 said:

I love the idea of the Salvation Army. But I can't stand the fact they stroll around with a bible in one hand and food in the other. If you're gonna feed the less fortunate, just do it - you shouldn't try and bully them into religion because they've fallen on unfortunate times. 

Their mission is to 1) preach the Gospel, 2) meet human needs. Having people listen to the Gospel before eating is pretty much what they've always intended to do. Not saying if it is right or wrong, but there is no hidden agenda with the Salvation Army.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Yes! It was Condoleeza Jones!! BWAAHAA there were so many fuck ups in that I can't keep em straight. Poor kid. I didn't give a rats behind about politics at that age either.

I still don't care about politics haha.

13 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Dang. The Salvation Army near me has the sweetest little old man as its pastor. They do require you to listen to their 15 minute sermon before getting a free meal, but this guy is more Mr. Rogers than Hellfire and Brimstone. 

and none of those people waiting to eat are even listening to you preach!

• Love 2
On 1/23/2017 at 1:34 PM, tobeyoungagain said:

BTW Shelly, for what it's worth, I think Jay's question to Caila wasn't really fair and particularly tough.  I mean why don't you ask Jenn  or Holly or Megan a politically charged question like the wall?  I think that pretty much set Caila up for failure and it is a very tough question to answer (even for me, a grown woman). 

I would have smiled so sweetly and said that my momma always taught me that religion and politics made for terrible dinner guests and even worse coworkers. (She actually said bedfellows and not coworkers, but it's indeed an interview.)

When you live in Texas, people will make a lot of assumptions about your beliefs, and in a professional environment I always deflect and change the topic. I see the DCC's job as being no different, especially on a public appearance where some of the men are very brash and bold. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, kalibean said:

I would have smiled so sweetly and said that my momma always taught me that religion and politics made for terrible dinner guests and even worse coworkers. (She actually said bedfellows and not coworkers, but it's indeed an interview.)

When you live in Texas, people will make a lot of assumptions about your beliefs, and in a professional environment I always deflect and change the topic. I see the DCC's job as being no different, especially on a public appearance where some of the men are very brash and bold. 

Yeah, not sure how that would have been received. Either way Caila a) couldn’t answer the question, b) she would lose points with the judges for refusing to answer.  She was screwed either way.

• Love 5

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't Caila shared some pro-Trump messages on her social media? I can't recall if it was a retweet under her DCC account or on her public personal account. If she had, it's not unreasonable to be asked about it and I wonder if we missed something in the editing process. When you're a public figure and you put a message out there, you should probably expect your employer to ask questions. If that comment was private then no harm no foul. Jay was a dick for wording it as he did - ask about candidates and three of their talking points to check their current event knowledge, but a personal opinion isn't necessary. Unless he was digging based on the tweet issue 

That said, there were a handful of ways she could have approached that question gracefully and she just missed it completely. A non answer would have been received much better than stumbling and seeming like she didn't know.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't Caila shared some pro-Trump messages on her social media? I can't recall if it was a retweet under her DCC account or on her public personal account. If she had, it's not unreasonable to be asked about it and I wonder if we missed something in the editing process. When you're a public figure and you put a message out there, you should probably expect your employer to ask questions. If that comment was private then no harm no foul. Jay was a dick for wording it as he did - ask about candidates and three of their talking points to check their current event knowledge, but a personal opinion isn't necessary. Unless he was digging based on the tweet issue 

That said, there were a handful of ways she could have approached that question gracefully and she just missed it completely. A non answer would have been received much better than stumbling and seeming like she didn't know.

Yes, I believe Caila had tweeted something pro-trump on her DCC twitter since I believe their personal twitters got turned into their DCC twitters. It might be different this year.

2 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Well isn't Kelli Jewish?? I remember Sam tweeting one time "Time for Kelli to get 85% more Jewish cause grandma's coming for the holidays". Meaning, Joel Finglass's Mom. They're Jewish. Do we even KNOW of any Jewish/Muslim and (god forbid) atheist or wiccan cheerleaders??? I am personally an atheist but I don't get uptight about religious posts. But I share your curiosity......

The one who became an actress (I know she's on Person of Interest and The Sopranos, can't think of her name...Sara something I think) is Muslim.

On 1/20/2017 at 11:46 PM, raindancer said:

*TBA.  Very shortly.  With an extended season.  And behind-the-scenes interviews.  And drawings to win a trip to AT&T Stadium to watch auditions, participate in judging panel, and have dinner with you, Kelli, Judy, Lisa, Cheryl, and Kitty Carter.

Fixed that for you ?

Not sure what you fixed...TBD (to be determined) ?

It is confirmed that we will have season 12, making MTT the longest running series on CMT. They are working on logistics, features, etc for our new season. 

• Love 12

Sarah Shahi. She was on The Sopranos??! I have got to rewatch that.

She did one episode, the one where Tony went to Vegas to tell her Christopher was dead (she was his mistress).

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

The one who became an actress (I know she's on Person of Interest and The Sopranos, can't think of her name...Sara something I think) is Muslim.

We've had cheerleaders of both Christian & Jewish faiths. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Well isn't Kelli Jewish?? I remember Sam tweeting one time "Time for Kelli to get 85% more Jewish cause grandma's coming for the holidays". Meaning, Joel Finglass's Mom. They're Jewish. Do we even KNOW of any Jewish/Muslim and (god forbid) atheist or wiccan cheerleaders??? I am personally an atheist but I don't get uptight about religious posts. But I share your curiosity......

Atheist sisters for life!

Um, anyway. I'm off topic again. ?

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Is Kelli's mom Jewish?  Cause my understanding is that you get it from your mom.  So if Kelli's not Jewish, then Sam ain't

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

She did one episode, the one where Tony went to Vegas to tell her Christopher was dead (she was his mistress).

Sarah also had a role on Reba McEntire's first tv show "Reba", and last I knew was married to one of the Co-Stars Steve Howey.

latest?cb=20130722012450

*side note: isn't she wearing Cowboy's clothes here?

latest?cb=20130722012327

Edited by DCCFanInKy
change photo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Not sure what you fixed...TBD (to be determined) ?

I fixed nothing except for my conviction that I shouldn't post when I'm half asleep - I was afraid that TBD meant to be determined in the sense that you weren't sure there was going to be a Season 12, whereas TBA might mean that you'd already decided it was going ahead and that you were just waiting to tell us.  Like I said, I make no sense when I'm half asleep, so please ignore me ?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, raindancer said:

I fixed nothing except for my conviction that I shouldn't post when I'm half asleep - I was afraid that TBD meant to be determined in the sense that you weren't sure there was going to be a Season 12, whereas TBA might mean that you'd already decided it was going ahead and that you were just waiting to tell us.  Like I said, I make no sense when I'm half asleep, so please ignore me ?

You humorously "fixed" TBD to TBA because you wanted the season to be "announced" rather than "determined", which implies uncertainty.  Maybe I'm half asleep too, but it makes perfect sense to me!! :)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

You humorously "fixed" TBD to TBA because you wanted the season to be "announced" rather than "determined", which implies uncertainty.  Maybe I'm half asleep too, but it makes perfect sense to me!! :)

LOL exactly!  ?

I know Kelli embraces some of her husband's Jewish traditions, because there was an instagram post of her making latkes, and there was a menorah on the counter. However Chanukah is not considered one of their holy days.

On 1/26/2017 at 6:41 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Sarah also had a role on Reba McEntire's first tv show "Reba", and last I knew was married to one of the Co-Stars Steve Howey.

latest?cb=20130722012450

*side note: isn't she wearing Cowboy's clothes here?

latest?cb=20130722012327

I had no idea Sarah Shahi was married to Steve Howey. I kind of adore him. "Shameless" has jumped the shark a bit, but I have undying love for his character on that show.

• Love 3
On 1/27/2017 at 5:14 AM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Hey @ShellyB for costume for like, the halloween halftime where they have the bottoms with lace and tulle, and the show group number where they're in cut offs and tied flannel tops and shredded tees and so on, do they make those costumes themselves or do you have a company that does those costumes?

Halloween was designed by Lisa, our uniform seamstress. The western  tops were cut & blinged out by an alumni DCC that used to have a company that specialized in embellishing. The shorts, belts and hats were all purchased at a local western store. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Was it Justine's company? She made the cutest blinged out Uggs and other stuff she'd sell in her online store. Was presh. LISA!! I think we can all agree unanimously on the board that we love Lisa. I sew and I marvel at her seamstress skills!

It was not Justine, as she was a current DCC when those costumes were made. The alum cheered with Judy.

• Useful 1

I'm rewatching season 5, episode 3 where Shelly, Regina Tucker and Elizabeth Davis at the "Veterans host Rookies" luncheon.  Regina Tucker cheered from 92 through 97 if I remember correctly.   She was the only one where they mentioned how long she cheered.  It was kind of cool.

• Love 2

Shelly, how about the hip hop uniforms? Did you use the old ones or did you guys get new ones?

Also, saw a cute video of you and Dayton dancing together at the prep class you taught. You guys rocked it.

On 1/30/2017 at 7:49 AM, heatherrrrz said:

Shelly, how about the hip hop uniforms? Did you use the old ones or did you guys get new ones?

Also, saw a cute video of you and Dayton dancing together at the prep class you taught. You guys rocked it.

Those were made by our sponsor Rebel Athletic. They were able to look at our old costumes and bring the designs up to date. 

Thank you!! Shocked she let me dance next to her AND video! She posted it on her page, which was also shocking since I got a text a midnight from my friend. 

• Love 8
On 1/29/2017 at 7:44 PM, EricaShadows said:

I'm rewatching season 5, episode 3 where Shelly, Regina Tucker and Elizabeth Davis at the "Veterans host Rookies" luncheon.  Regina Tucker cheered from 92 through 97 if I remember correctly.   She was the only one where they mentioned how long she cheered.  It was kind of cool.

Regina - 7 years, Elizabeth 3 years, me 5 years

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

Those were made by our sponsor Rebel Athletic. They were able to look at our old costumes and bring the designs up to date. 

Thank you!! Shocked she let me dance next to her AND video! She posted it on her page, which was also shocking since I got a text a midnight from my friend. 

Thanks for answering! The uniforms are awesome. 

Haha teens

48 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Not necessarily. Your statement in another thread was what made me wonder.....

Kitty has her own studio, so that’s one business.  Then her other is consulting for the Cheerleaders.  I am guessing but I think that is what @RazzleberryPie means.

Kitty owns a dance studio totally separate from the Cowboys, and teaches pro prep classes to prepare girls for various pro teams.

She is also works for the DCC as a technical coach. Not full time. Not her primary job (that would be the dance studio). Paid.

I'm not sure if her role as a show group judge is paid or voluntary. Consultants can be paid or just give an opinion with no pay. 

The night Chelsea was cut, pretty sure she was there for her job as a technical coach. 

• Love 1

Girl, you're like a dog with a bone. Throttle er back there, you're completely totally right, right right. All day long right.

Ha!  Peace and Love, Peace and Love.

• Love 1

I think Kitty  said at one point that it would be a conflict of interest for her to do all those prep classes and then be a judge. Might look like she was only choosing girls who were her customers. Judging show group is different, because those girls have already gone through the first few rounds and are pretty much on the team. 

Woof, woof woof, @QuiteContraryMoni

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Kitty  said at one point that it would be a conflict of interest for her to do all those prep classes and then be a judge. Might look like she was only choosing girls who were her customers. Judging show group is different, because those girls have already gone through the first few rounds and are pretty much on the team. 

Woof, woof woof, @QuiteContraryMoni

Didn't we see actual reports she gave K&J once about candidates? They were talking to someone and Kelli was looking down at notes from Kitty.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Didn't we see actual reports she gave K&J once about candidates? They were talking to someone and Kelli was looking down at notes from Kitty.

I think so. Notes and comments aren't quite the same as officially judging. 

• Love 1