Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 9/16/2018 at 3:51 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Really!!???  Oh Jinelle - have you not watched past seasons of the show:)

LMAO... has she watched the show??!!??, DCC is her world and she should of known how to play the game. Didn't she learn from Jenna about not ratting out a teammate in a timely fashion! lolol

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

image.png.3d7097868046dea442040d4308ff24c3.png

I hate to be so cynical, but girls like VK were a dime a dozen growing up as a dancer. The dance world is so, so big, but also so, so small in the same breath. Even now, with my own kids pursuing non-dance sports, it's no different. If it's not the kids sizing up their competition, it's the parents. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I hate to be so cynical, but girls like VK were a dime a dozen growing up as a dancer. The dance world is so, so big, but also so, so small in the same breath. Even now, with my own kids pursuing non-dance sports, it's no different. If it's not the kids sizing up their competition, it's the parents. 

I agree.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

As long as the kids want to participate in the activities.  I remember my sister's best friend in grammar school and her mother.  She wouldn't let her daughter come and play cause Monday was Brownies, Tuesday was violin, Wednesday was dance......and so on and so on.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

As long as the kids want to participate in the activities.  I remember my sister's best friend in grammar school and her mother.  She wouldn't let her daughter come and play cause Monday was Brownies, Tuesday was violin, Wednesday was dance......and so on and so on.

I agree with this. My eldest has been through a few sports before she settled on one full time. Now she does 1 competitive individual sport (that we control the schedule for) and a handful of school clubs. My youngest is still bouncing around what she'd like to focus on, but school clubs open up for her next year and I see a few she'll be interested in. I never wanted over-scheduled kids who couldn't play, playing is important too. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

Yes shes my rookie favorite. Won my heart after I saw this... but I’m a sucker for french bulldogs so I may be biased ;-)

After following them all on instagram for a while now, Bridget is definitely my favourite rookie. She is down to earth and funny! I wish the show would let their personalities come through a bit more. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

After following them all on instagram for a while now, Bridget is definitely my favourite rookie. She is down to earth and funny! I wish the show would let their personalities come through a bit more. 

I miss the blogs they used to do on the old website.  You really got to know the girls and it was always fun to see what they thought about each other.  I wish they could each write a blog for a week - here I am at my desk as an accountant, now it's lunch I'm eating this cause I have practice tonight, we have show group practice - this is what we do, etc.   Or they could take over the DCC Instastories for a day or a week to do that.  No invasion of privacy, don't need to see where they work.  Just get a better idea of who they are since they are introduced to us by a tv show which no other squad has.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, rose711 said:

This routine looks really bad to me compared to the little we’ve seen in practice. Does anyone agree? They seem to be dancing like they are scared they are going to fall, timid or something? Maybe just me. I think it’s a “mess” as Judy says

It’s a mess and just not fun to watch.  There are sooooo many great hip hop dancers in the world, I just wish all these studios and programs would stop forcing these dancers who are for the most part contemporary/lyrical/jazz girls into doing it for us to show how versatile they are.

Usually with hip hop you are either good or you aren’t and usually the few contemporary girls who shine in the style are nowhere NEAR as good as true hip hoppers.    Often times the hip hop routines you see at competitions are borderline painful to watch cause the girls are so out of their element of what they are good at - with few execpetions (Nicole Hamilton, Holly) the DCC seems the same way.   Maddie is pretty good at the style, but that’s about it in that entire group. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Your experience is at complete odds with that experienced by the girls in training camp this year. VK was constantly kissing ass with the vets and never interacted with the other rookies unless the cameras were rolling. She also ran to Kelli and Judy on at least three occasions to share negative things about the other girls, some of which she’d been told in confidence.  The other girls literally celebrated when she was cut, so I’m not convinced we “have got it wrong” given that these girls spent weeks and weeks with her. 

Also- I don’t see that she has learned much from training w/ MK?? It’s like that girl w/ the bad feet who said she had years of ballet.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Good point, but I’m clearly no competition of hers lol we look nothing alike (complete opposite actually). TPTB usually pit candidates that look similar to one another as competition when deciding. 

Also at the time I was 20lbs heavier and still have 20 more lbs to go to fit DCC standards.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

You and VK have something in common then! :-) 

You owe me a keyboard. I lost my coke. 

34 minutes ago, PrayDanceLove said:

Good point, but I’m clearly no competition of hers lol we look nothing alike (complete opposite actually). TPTB usually pit candidates that look similar to one another as competition when deciding. 

Also at the time I was 20lbs heavier and still have 20 more lbs to go to fit DCC standards.

You may not be DCC ready yet, but she knows you're out there and by giving you the Dallas skinny she now knows how to track you and your progress. Anyone who is trying out for DCC is competition to her and she knows it. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

You owe me a keyboard. I lost my coke. 

You may not be DCC ready yet, but she knows you're out there and by giving you the Dallas skinny she now knows how to track you and your progress. Anyone who is trying out for DCC is competition to her and she knows it. 

Well now you owe me a keyboard cause that made me LOL!!!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

Looks like she’s had some Michael Jackson going on with her nose.  

That's what I said, but someone said it was makeup. I don't care if she did or didn't get a nose job, but she clearly had one done. I think it looks good. She's a very pretty girl regardless.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

That's what I said, but someone said it was makeup. I don't care if she did or didn't get a nose job, but she clearly had one done. I think it looks good. She's a very pretty girl regardless.

It's very clear that she had a nose job. No amount of make-up can fix you that much. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

It’s a mess and just not fun to watch. 

I'm not a fan of the DCC hip hop performances. They look fun  up close/on camera. But from far away it looks like nothing to me. Like a bunch of blue and white ants swarming on the field. There is a reason why people wear matching uniforms and use poms when they're performing so far away from the audience and on such a huge stage. It's so we can SEE what they are doing and appreciate so many dancers moving in sync. When they're in all different outfits and no poms, the only thing I can make out clearly are the formation changes and the hair whips.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 8

Awww yeah...our girl Hannah from road_to_dcc is in dance class in Dallas. I know she has a long way to go, but I find myself rooting for her. She seems like a sweet girl going for an impossible dream, and I guess I love an underdog. She's a refreshing change from all the perfectly polished and primped girls we see at auditions these days. If she sticks with it, it will be so fun to follow her transformation.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2018 at 7:32 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I seem to recall reading that the original cameo and team photo photographer retired, and his son is the photographer now?     I'm not sure that's correct, but the cameo pictures are terrible.  

It's not just the photographer, but the hair and makeup are not good.    

There must be a better photographer available.

Is the new photographer blind?  That is about the only explanation for most of those pics that makes sense.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Your experience is at complete odds with that experienced by the girls in training camp this year. VK was constantly kissing ass with the vets and never interacted with the other rookies unless the cameras were rolling. She also ran to Kelli and Judy on at least three occasions to share negative things about the other girls, some of which she’d been told in confidence.  The other girls literally celebrated when she was cut, so I’m not convinced we “have got it wrong” given that these girls spent weeks and weeks with her. 

Vk seems like an ass wipe.  Extremely immature.  

I think Brandi Redmond should be a guest judge.  She’s more famous than bachelor reject Melissa and way more fun. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Awww yeah...our girl Hannah from road_to_dcc is in dance class in Dallas. I know she has a long way to go, but I find myself rooting for her. She seems like a sweet girl going for an impossible dream, and I guess I love an underdog. She's a refreshing change from all the perfectly polished and primped girls we see at auditions these days. If she sticks with it, it will be so fun to follow her transformation.

I know next to nothing about dance (except what I’ve learned on here), but I feel like she’s improved a little. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, heckkitty said:

I know next to nothing about dance (except what I’ve learned on here), but I feel like she’s improved a little. 

I think she has improved a bit since she posted her initial videos of her dancing. :) I say keep going!! She is really growing on me.

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 5
On 9/17/2018 at 5:58 PM, ShellyB said:

She’s leaving Sept 30th. She’ll be training for 6 weeks, then off to Australia around Nov. 24th. We have a few cruises picked out, but not until March when her ship will be in the Mediterranean, and two that port out of Southampton. 

Ridiculous question, for you Shelly. When you say Southampton, this the one in the UK? If so can you tell me when that is eg date/time (if you know that is) and where it is going as I might go book a cruise for then just to watch Dayton perform etc. 

Ps tell her good luck and enjoy it whilst she has the chance. Wish I could travel the world on work expense. Wish I thought of doing that when I was younger. Thats why I settled for travelling around different sites my work has for me for now. Too old to be doing that amount of cruising without a break to go home for like a month etc

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So who pays for that?

Hair, teeth whitening, etc may be sponsored, but pretty sure plastic surgery is not paid for by the Cowboys.

if I recall correctly, didn’t Nicole Hamilton have Invisalign or something teeth wise sponsored by a DCC orthodontist?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Hair, teeth whitening, etc may be sponsored, but pretty sure plastic surgery is not paid for by the Cowboys.

if I recall correctly, didn’t Nicole Hamilton have Invisalign or something teeth wise sponsored by a DCC orthodontist?

Was Nicole the one with braces on the back of her teeth?

9 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I think Brandi Redmond should be a guest judge.  She’s more famous than bachelor reject Melissa and way more fun. 

Omg yessssss! Brandi Redmond would be AWESOME! 

• Love 3
On 9/16/2018 at 6:19 PM, sleepyjean said:

I'd give the best photo award to Ashlee.

I agree!  Ashlee definitely has the best photo!  (IMO)........Otherwise, what in the hell happened?!  As much as the cameo shoot can be a make or break situation for these girls, and Kelli and Judy are soooo careful to choose the right pic, the majority of these are hideous.  I'm not believing this.   

• Love 5
On 9/16/2018 at 9:09 PM, Jennv said:

Jalyn's eyes are wonky. WTF is up with the look on Caroline's face? Reminds me of Dana Carvey as the church lady on SNL. Everyone looks 10 years older and poor Hannah looks like one of those "This is what Meth does to you" pictures 

You took the words right out of my mouth!!!! Poor Hannah ~ how could that damn picture pass and be accepted by K and J?  And she sure does look like that posture- I have one in my office at work.  I thought Caroline looked like the teacher in Little House on the Prairie about to tear Willie and Nellie Oleson a new one !! 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:

VK told several lies to her boss and in the process threw Jinelle under the bus. Not very ‘friendly” — in fact, she sounds plain awful to me. 

Ah hell nah, You (VK) don't mess with a DCC legend (Jinelle) ... Me taking my earrings off.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Oh sweet Hannah (road to DCC one) there is not enough time in the world if that is what you're working with. This is an example of doing the moves with zero style. And someone dye her hair. 

She looks like she doesn’t belong in the same class.

can anyone sign up and take these classes or is there a required progression like language classes?

• Love 1

Aw, I can't help but like this road to dcc girl...scrolling thru her IG and she really is putting in an effort! Good for her for staying so accountable and motivated. The style part, imo, is one of the hardest to LEARN.  so often i feel like it's either there or it's just...not. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Aw, I can't help but like this road to dcc girl...scrolling thru her IG and she really is putting in an effort! Good for her for staying so accountable and motivated. The style part, imo, is one of the hardest to LEARN.  so often i feel like it's either there or it's just...not. 

Ah. The Rachel Buckmaster effect. (LOVED her, btw. :) ) 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

She's wearing a Mizzou shirt. Is she from Missouri? 

5 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Truth!! 

I loved her too, one of my favorite TCCs of all time. 

I could not stand her. I think the only reason why she was brought to TC twice was the fact Kelli like her so much, and Kelli and Charlotte thought she looked like Laura Dern. Rachel could not dance at all, and there were other girls who deserve a shot to make the team over her. I hate it when Kelli and Charlotte come up with silly reasons to bring a girl into TC especially when the girls has a snow ball chance in heck of making the squad. I also think Judy was not happy she made it back to TC the second time.

Edited by bigskygirl
16 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

think Brandi Redmond should be a guest judge.  She’s more famous than bachelor reject Melissa and way more fun. 

Omg!!!! Brandi has always been on of my favorites. She was on the 2 hour special. I love her on the RHWOD!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

She looks like she doesn’t belong in the same class.

can anyone sign up and take these classes or is there a required progression like language classes?

Anyone can sign up to take the class she took. 

1 hour ago, DBAAT said:

She's wearing a Mizzou shirt. Is she from Missouri? 

I think so. She talked about moving to Dallas and finding an apartment so she could prepare for the year. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Oh sweet Hannah (road to DCC one) there is not enough time in the world if that is what you're working with. This is an example of doing the moves with zero style. And someone dye her hair. 

she looks like a less pretty Alexandria, the one that allegedly supposedly had a family emergency back home in Boston.  A lot of people didn't like Alexandria's look so that means they really won't like Hannah.

• Love 2
On 9/17/2018 at 4:19 PM, Christineelgene said:

Pretty sure it’s Miranda

Never been the biggest fan of Miranda, regardless of thut, gut or but.  I personally don't think she has the DCC look- a matronly, vanilla look that parallels her dancing- kinda uneventful. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Yeah, I’m all about dreams and goals, but sometimes you have to be realistic. That’s like me waking up and deciding I want to be a surgeon, even though I’m terrible at math and not much better at science. A more realistic goal would be a doctorate in history. 

• Love 5