Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, doglover0814 said:

Unpopular opinion but Victoria is starting to grow on me. Not as a dancer or performer, but her presence on the show is more enjoyable. It’s entertaining watching a goofy, 18 y/o with her head in the clouds, and I’m not being bothered by the favitorism since I know she doesn’t make the team. 

Not me.  I hit "mute" and look away until she's off my screen.  After the way she bragged to the other candidates about having a guaranteed spot on the team, I just think she's disgusting.  I pray she never auditions again.

• Love 5

I'm glad this episode showed Dayton in a more favorable light.  I also enjoyed seeing more of Jasmine.  Does anyone know where she went to college?  Kelli seems impressed by Jasmine's credentials (and built a good case for a "comeback girl" for next season)...

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Pebbles116 said:

WHOA Malena...I work at SMU and I asked around about her, and the person in the athletic office told me she still worked there. So either this person was confused, this person lied to me, or didn't want to say anything, because I was not expecting that.

I found this article that has a note about Malena being hired back in February, along with a woman named Emma Brown, both as Directors of On-Campus Recruiting. Then I found this website that shows the SMU football staff. Emma Brown is there. Malena Brown isn't. Interestingly, the main page where there are photos of all the staff has Emma's job as "Administrative Assistant." But if you click on her photo, it says "Coordinator of Recruiting Operations." (Emma's page explains what her job is, for those who were speculating previously about what that role means. Seems like a fun job, but pretty low on the totem pole.)

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, doglover0814 said:

Unpopular opinion but Victoria is starting to grow on me. Not as a dancer or performer, but her presence on the show is more enjoyable. It’s entertaining watching a goofy, 18 y/o with her head in the clouds, and I’m not being bothered by the favitorism since I know she doesn’t make the team. 

I agree... after 13 seasons, I'm tired of the same narratives: the "comeback" girl, the girl who has a 40 hour job, the girl who isn't technical, the girl who can't kick, yada yada... and ALL of the girls providing really boring, rehearsed, canned responses ("I'm just glad tonight wasn't a cut night and I'm going to come back tomorrow and prove to Kelli and Judy I can do it!").  

Victoria appears on screen like a wild 18 year old, naive, youthful and cheery; immature sure, but also not afraid to say what she's thinking.  Maybe it's the confidence she has from "being guaranteed she makes the team" but there's something refreshing about seeing her confessionals.  As a person, maybe I'd grow tired of her, but as a TV Show talking head, she's definitely a breath of fresh air after 13 seasons of similar tropes and character types.  And isn't that what this board is all about?  Reality TV!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I found this article that has a note about Malena being hired back in February, along with a woman named Emma Brown, both as Directors of On-Campus Recruiting. Then I found this website that shows the SMU football staff. Emma Brown is there. Malena Brown isn't. Interestingly, the main page where there are photos of all the staff has Emma's job as "Administrative Assistant." But if you click on her photo, it says "Coordinator of Recruiting Operations." (Emma's page explains what her job is, for those who were speculating previously about what that role means. Seems like a fun job, but pretty low on the totem pole.)

So is “director of recruiting operations” just a fancy name for making appointments, booking travel, etc.?   Here I thought her job title meant she was in charge of multiple people who recruit athletes all across the country, make them scholarship offers, deal w/ the NCAA, etc.

If it’s just some regular job that she’s using an inflated misleading title to make sounds more important I feel very misled.   Smh.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5
Just now, MyFavShows said:

So is “director of recruiting operations” just a fancy name for making appointments, booking travel, etc.?   Here I thought her job title meant she was in charge of multiple people who recruit athletes all across the country, make them scholarship offers, deal w/ the NCAA, etc.  Smh.

Basically from what I understand about a position like that is they are in charge of booking hotels and food accomadations etc for the recruits the college brings in during an official visit. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Kethomp said:

Anyone else feel like those were some crocodile tears from VK about that cut or was that just me? Lol. 

No, after seeing how hard she and Jasmine hugged, I got that they were close friends. But it was so tacky of CMT to insert VK into that, because it makes her look more interested in getting face time than consoling her friend. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

On her Instastory tonight, Kelli said she left Dallas at 5:30 to get to practice and arrived at 6:49.  How much further is driving to Frisco compared to Valley Ranch?

Frisco is a far north suburb of Dallas so that commute time seems plausible.  Valley Ranch is a bit closer to Dallas, but Dallas traffic in general is terrible during rush hour!  

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Kethomp said:

Basically from what I understand about a position like that is they are in charge of booking hotels and food accomadations etc for the recruits the college brings in during an official visit. 

Did a quick search on LinkedIn & it appears that "Director of Recruiting Operations" is a popular title.  I found Malena's profile along with other folks with the same title at different schools.  

Edited by rungirl
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, rungirl said:

Frisco is a far north suburb of Dallas so that commute time seems plausible.  Valley Ranch is a bit closer to Dallas, but Dallas traffic in general is terrible during rush hour!  

Dallas traffic is stupid no matter what time of day. I had to be there for a meeting and I rolled into town at 1 am on a wed and it was still crazy busy.

i wasn’t a fan of the power squad test this time. It’s harder to run on a treadmill unless you’re used to it. And it seemed like no one was really paying attention so they numbers could all be made up.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So is “director of recruiting operations” just a fancy name for making appointments, booking travel, etc.?   Here I thought her job title meant she was in charge of multiple people who recruit athletes all across the country, make them scholarship offers, deal w/ the NCAA, etc.

If it’s just some regular job that she’s using an inflated misleading title to make sounds more important I feel very misled.   Smh.

I wouldn't think she created the title, it would be the college that gave the name to the position. 

• Love 7

I was pretty pissed at hearing Kelli tell Marlena that she’d trll her right then & there is she thought there was a chance of M not making the team, knowing what ends up happening. Yeah, things change, & they do have to cut someone, but don’t say things you’re not sure you can hold yourself to. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I wouldn't think she created the title, it would be the college that gave the name to the position. 

I know...but she keeps repeating it like it’s as important and high up on the org chart as it sounds.   If I was a janitor and my job gave me a fluffy title of “director of facilities and sanitation operations”, when I was talking someone outside the company about what I do I’d tell them the truth instead of spouting off the ridiculous title.   

40 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

I was pretty pissed at hearing Kelli tell Marlena that she’d trll her right then & there is she thought there was a chance of M not making the team, knowing what ends up happening. Yeah, things change, & they do have to cut someone, but don’t say things you’re not sure you can hold yourself to. 

Yeah - it bugs me too.  She seemed to lead Malena on that she’ll likely make the squad more than she should have IMO.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kethomp said:

Anyone else feel like those were some crocodile tears from VK about that cut or was that just me? Lol. 

To me it was Gina’s tears about Daphne’s college graduation that seemed a lot more fake.   

• Love 12
6 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I didn’t take it that way. The way it came across to me was Kelli telling her that if she 100% knew she would get cut during this process, she would tell her so she would keep her job. But at this point in training camp, Kelli still saw enough potential that she wasn’t able to definitively say she would not make it...or that she would. I respect that. I think Malena was crazy if she gave up a career position, but different strokes, I guess. But Kelli came across as torn in the situation to me. She didn’t want her to quit unnecessarily, but she was really pulling for her. If the information we have is true, then we know Kelli gave her every opportunity to get it. I’m guessing she was the last (or one of the last) cuts because Kelli truly believed/hoped she would get there. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

On her Instastory tonight, Kelli said she left Dallas at 5:30 to get to practice and arrived at 6:49.  How much further is driving to Frisco compared to Valley Ranch?

Traffic in Dallas is crazy stupid. Add to it the rain we had. Easily a 30 min commute can turn into a 1 1/2 hour drive. 

• Love 3

I like Victoria as a dancer as well...not just for the entertainment factor (I try to not hold her mother against her...she's an 18 year old young lady). Same with Dayton and Shelly...I started following them  on IG last year....Shelly is funny as can be and I find Dayton to be entertaining, very witty in her own rite and lovely young lady.  I started paying more attention to Victoria after seeing all the vehement hate being spewed about her on this forum and others (facebook)...and I hopped on Team Victoria.  I enjoy following her on IG and  I hope she comes back next year and slays auditions and TC :)  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

I didn’t take it that way. The way it came across to me was Kelli telling her that if she 100% knew she would get cut during this process, she would tell her so she would keep her job. But at this point in training camp, Kelli still saw enough potential that she wasn’t able to definitively say she would not make it...or that she would. I respect that. I think Malena was crazy if she gave up a career position, but different strokes, I guess. But Kelli came across as torn in the situation to me. She didn’t want her to quit unnecessarily, but she was really pulling for her. If the information we have is true, then we know Kelli gave her every opportunity to get it. I’m guessing she was the last (or one of the last) cuts because Kelli truly believed/hoped she would get there. 

Agreed....and you are correct....Malena and Lily were the final cuts I believe.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, heckkitty said:

I also appreciated that they showed Dayton in a positive light, but it grated my nerves when Kelli asked Shelly if she wanted an 'unprofessional mommy moment?"

Yes especially right after the director had her unprofessional moment recreating that photo with Victoria ?. What is her problem with Dayton ? 

• Love 3

1.  Kelli looks WOW this season.  

2.  If I were 18 again I would want VK to be my best friend.  She seems like a really sweet young lady.

3.  I think Kelli kept Malena until the very last to give her every chance, especially since she Malena quit her job.  If she had kept her job I believe her cut would have happened sooner.  

4.  Judy has been so quiet in the office meetings.

5.  Charlotte did a great job on the UCLA thing.  

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

2.  If I were 18 again I would want VK to be my best friend.  She seems like a really sweet young lady.

3.  I think Kelli kept Malena until the very last to give her every chance, especially since she Malena quit her job.  If she had kept her job I believe her cut would have happened sooner.  

This is how I feel about VK too!   Like I would want to be her friend if I was her age - she seems so funny and sweet and the type of person who would be a blast to be around.

I just really like her personality even though I can see how it rubs some people the wrong way.

• Love 5

It broke my heart when Malena said she would give up a great job with a future, whether at SMU or other schools, to dance on the sidelines wearing dental floss.    I'm hoping whatever happens with her, that it all works out in the end for her career, and life.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I agree about VK. She is growing on me and I hope she comes back and makes the team next year. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Kethomp said:

No. I felt they were genuine since they are friends.

12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

She said best friend was cut and dreamed of making it together, I wonder if it was edited from Dayton's cut and added to Jasmine. Like, since when are you and Jasmine friends? How about never. 

..but they are.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

Yes especially right after the director had her unprofessional moment recreating that photo with Victoria ?. What is her problem with Dayton ? 

I thought it was interesting that Kelli let both girls take photos with the uniform shell on. I feel like we have never seen a pic during fittings that a girl has taken herself. I have a feeling it’s forbidden. 

• Love 6
On 9/5/2018 at 10:54 AM, dreamcatcher said:

When we say Cassie went to UNT did she actually attend or was it more like she set foot on campus once and then dropped it for dcc?

I remember a few years ago, Cassie was asked about her typical day.  She said it was school in the morning, part time job in afternoon, and then DCC in evenings and weekends.  IDK if she graduated, but she did attend for a few years.  Does anyone know if/when she graduated?  Seems unlikely she didn’t, she went for a while ??‍♀️

26 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It's Tara.

tara fall.jpg

Ruh roh, that can't be good. And her face/body are looking puffy as well. This may have been what put her on the cut radar. And that's sad because I thought she had a good rookie year.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Stee said:

I agree... after 13 seasons, I'm tired of the same narratives: the "comeback" girl, the girl who has a 40 hour job, the girl who isn't technical, the girl who can't kick, yada yada... and ALL of the girls providing really boring, rehearsed, canned responses ("I'm just glad tonight wasn't a cut night and I'm going to come back tomorrow and prove to Kelli and Judy I can do it!").  

The latter quotation reminds me of Lacey Minchew, that blonde piece of phony baloney. ?

• Love 5

I cannot believe Kelli didn’t cut Malena this episode. She must have blinders on. I’d bet a lot of money Judy knew Malena couldn’t keep up. I mean, if you can’t do Flight Crew choreography, no way can you do DCC. She looks completely lost out there and now has no job on top of it.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I cannot believe Kelli didn’t cut Malena this episode. She must have blinders on. I’d bet a lot of money Judy knew Malena couldn’t keep up. I mean, if you can’t do Flight Crew choreography, no way can you do DCC. She looks completely lost out there and now has no job on top of it.

So, did she get her job back at SMU after getting cut?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, rose711 said:

I’m trying to figure out why I’m not enjoying this season. 

It seems edited weirdly or disjointed somehow.

Too much promotion of the Cowboys/DCC Organization and The Star. Damage control. Trying to prove they are not playing favorites with Victoria and Dayton. Trying to prove they support the girls 100% while they meaning Kelli and Charlotte expect the girls to give up their lives to become a DCC. Trying to prove what a honor and privilege it is to be a DCC. Heavy editing to make show why certain girls will be cut at a later date. The possibilities are endless.

I thought the UCLA graduation they gave Daphne was super nice.  I also thought it was nice that Charlotte participated in it, even though she had to show the DCC boot during her speech.  LOL!

I wish Michelle Keyes provided more input in this episode like she did last season.  I think she has great insight.  I wonder if Judy retires she could replace her?

I'm loving Jaylyn more and more each episode.  I think she is a fantastic dancer and speaks well.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, doglover0814 said:

I agree. She really is growing on me as well. She definitely is not DCC ready, but she does not come across as entitled at all. She seems like she has a goofy personality and might actually be fun. I could totally be wrong though.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ales-ya said:

I remember a few years ago, Cassie was asked about her typical day.  She said it was school in the morning, part time job in afternoon, and then DCC in evenings and weekends.  IDK if she graduated, but she did attend for a few years.  Does anyone know if/when she graduated?  Seems unlikely she didn’t, she went for a while ??‍♀️

If you ever meet Cassie, you can instantly tell there's no way she graduated college (you'll even question whether she graduated high school).  Not the sharpest tool in the toolbox is my point . . . 

7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I agree with #3 and #4; otherwise, I cannot disagree enough with your other points.  Especially #2 -- VK is absolutely disgusting.  You can often see her looking for the camera, seems like a total attention whore.

• Love 7