Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Ugh, Christina is a nose picker. No suprise she's gross.

I'm sure all of us have done something that we are eternally grateful was not captured on film. I think she is a pretty gal with a figure I only wish I could replicate.

• Love 21
51 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

There has been talk about a Fantasy Camp...class, hair & makeup tips & some other activities at the Star. 

I would be SO in for something like that.  I could TOTALLY use makeup tips (especially because I don't wear any) and a few hair tips, though the class part would be the most fun (and probably a good workout too).  It would be cool if some of the DCC actually taught the class or if either Shelly taught and some of the DCC came by (just as long as Christina is NOWHERE nearby, though I would love to meet Heather, Brennan and Madeline Mo).

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I would be SO in for something like that.  I could TOTALLY use makeup tips (especially because I don't wear any) and a few hair tips, though the class part would be the most fun (and probably a good workout too).  It would be cool if some of the DCC actually taught the class or if either Shelly taught and some of the DCC came by (just as long as Christina is NOWHERE nearby, though I would love to meet Heather, Brennan and Madeline Mo).

And we need alumni too!

Melissa W taught Jenn K's class tonight and Bess and Samantha were there.  That would have been fun to attend.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCme said:
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Madeline Mo. is very photogenic,  but oddly not so telegenic.  And Caroline has drumstick (i.e., more muscular) thighs, but at her young age luckily no cellulite.

Yes!  She takes such great photos but it really doesn’t translate on the show.

I'm getting the same impression of pageant girl Rachel. She is pretty in pics and when she is smiling, but her resting face is.... eesh. How is she knee deep in the pageant world but so oblivious of her horrible posture and resting face? She doesn't neccessarily have RBF, but more of a resting "completely blank and emotionless" face. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And then another person made a comment about how Dayton "spoiled" it by posting she didn't make it.  

If she wouldn't  have posted that she didn't make it others would have put her down for not saying anything.  No matter what she did it was going to be wrong in someone's eyes.  I feel so bad for these girls, they are so young.  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

If she wouldn't  have posted that she didn't make it others would have put her down for not saying anything.  No matter what she did it was going to be wrong in someone's eyes.  I feel so bad for these girls, they are so young.  

Somebody made a comment on Judy's account about the same thing.  People forget this is a real life football team with real life cheerleaders made up of real young women.  If they make the squad, they are going to yell and scream and post on social media, and they should after all the hard work they put into this.  What do these people do while watching the game?

• Love 7

Most of the time, I don't care if a girls posts or if she doesn't post about her cut.  The only person I've commented on regarding posting whether or not she was cut was Victoria and that was because she was bragging to all and sundry (during auditions and Training Camp supposedly) that she was guaranteed a spot on the team then ruined it for herself by screwing up.   I get that Victoria was hurt and upset when she was cut and thus not posting immediately about her cut and that's totally okay (despite what I've said in earlier posts).  I don't mind that because she was taking care of herself first.  However, I would have been more upset if she HADN'T announced her cut around the time the team was announced and if she acted like she made it when she didn't.

I think the only reason Dayton announced her cut when she did was because she was essentially forced to when CMT used footage of her crying and being emotional (I assume from her being cut unless that footage was used tonight) in promotional material.  She was probably being bugged about what was going on and decided to put it out there to stop being harassed by peopl.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3

All the footage that they show of that Lindsay she looks amazing.  I’m starting to wonder if she got cut cause of dirty pictures or something like that cause doesn’t look like it’s dancing, looks or her figure so far. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I read all of it....Shelly blocked the troll.

I am really tired of CMT making Dayton look bad just for ratings.  

No...she blocked me. ??‍♀️

• Love 21

We know that some of the DCC look at this board. There are often comments here that are very critical (which of course is absolutely allowed here, so not criticizing posters). So be it here or on any other social media, they will view things that are negative and perhaps unfair as very few commenters know these gals personally. I admire their ability to read hurtful things (some of which are completely beyond their control) and still keep their self confidence. As we age, this is easier to do, but so many of these gals are so young. I'm glad they seem to have good support systems. 

Other comments from watching the show tonight....I like Jaylyn's new hair color. If I didn't read these boards and watched VK just as a casual viewer, I just see a very young gal with a lot of excess enthusiasm and energy. Kelli referred to her as a "beautiful storm". I think the word "storm" is very fitting....wild, uncontrolled energy. Finally, it was wonderful to see Courtney and some other alumni we don't usually see or hear from.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

I am so frustrated that I am not able to see these Instagram pix.  And I made sure my app was open.  ???

I don’t see the Instagram pics in this feed or when I click on the pic but if I click on the words right below the pic that accompany it, it opens it up for me.  You’ve probably tried that but thought I’d throw it out there.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

What the what? Lol! So sorry how they’re showing Dayton, I’m impressed by how ur both handling it. U need to go hang with ur girl on a cruise soon and enjoy that show!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

And Ramos is gone, too. LOVE Nick F.

The VK backlash started months before the show.

We also have seen some suggestions we have discussed come to fruition: the new where are they now, the re-emerge of the vets learning the audition dance, the behind the scenes with the vets, and the attrition (see what I did there) of the Jay and Melissa segments.  

6 minutes ago, DCCme said:

I don’t see the Instagram pics in this feed or when I click on the pic but if I click on the words right below the pic that accompany it, it opens it up for me.  You’ve probably tried that but thought I’d throw it out there.

Thank you. I’ll try that again.  Sigh.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

Troll = Jerk

Ehh...the edit is what it is, they have to have a story/drama somewhere. It’s the #trolls and #couchdwellers that feel the need to crawl out, just to post a comment. She’s probably related to JanitorJim ? #byegirlbye

Several cruises are already planned!

The soon the better for going on those cruises far away from the trolls.  She is probably JanitorJim's  wife.

You are so right, it is the courage to continue that counts.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 8

Omg @ShellyB, I saw the exchange on Instagram... I’m so sorry. Poor Dayton. I haven’t seen the episode yet but I already know I’m going to feel so bad that Dayton is being thrown to the wolves in the edit.

I’m not a big TV person or follower, but I’m almost inclined to go find Dayton if she stops by in Sydney Aust while she’s travelling just to give her a hug and tell her she’s gorgeous. She still comes off as dignified and graceful on the show. It takes so much courage to get through a moment like this and it’s good to see her doing a phenomenal job of handling her social media with class. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I actually liked Kelli's cover shot, but I think that this is a good picture as well.  Their suits advertise the Cowboys and it's like the covers of the past with multiple girls

Replace Christina with Heather and ya got ur cover?

• Love 14
6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

There has been talk about a Fantasy Camp...class, hair & makeup tips & some other activities at the Star. 

Please encourage those talks! I would fly down from MD to do it! 

1/2 day learning a full dance with Judy

1/2 day of Kitty, 1/2 day of you, another day with Jen K, Jinelle and some current DCC 3+ years

mini makeovers then a “judgement segment with K&J 

lol! I don’t want much. 

Oh! If we could watch finals while there? That would be nice. (Ok, I’m kidding about this part!) 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

VK doesn't look like overhang to me. A good exhale yes, but overhang no.

I mentioned the thing about breathing with Maddie, and it's also the 1st thing I thought when I saw the VK picture.  It just seemed odd that there were no muffin tops over the shorts.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

There have been several vets cut over the years that we’ve watched. Not sure why she would say that. Plus, every year Judy or  Kelli says some form of: “We’ve cut vets in the past and will do it again if they don’t uphold the DCC standards.”

Kaitlyn LeGrand- almost end of training camp

Chelsea- Last 3rd of camp

Hannah- early in camp

Erica- late in camp

Holly- Last 3rd of camp (but officially, they allowed her to “resign,” but we know it wasn’t her “choice”)

Tara late in camp

I know I’m missing one from seasons 1 or 2, I just don’t remember who. 

I’ve also left off the ones who left or who were cut during the season because we didn’t see those. Like Kaitlyn LaRue- was she cut? Kalyssa- cut or abandoned job? 

Who am I missing? 

• Love 1

Here’s a disclaimer: I LOVE Kashara. I think she’s earned what she has on DCC and I like her personality and her dance style  

Here’s a question: 

In previous years, we’ve seen (and have been told) that the Group 1 leader is what other teams might call the “captain.”

Lacey is group 1, right? 

At the opening meeting, Kelli calls on Kash to reveal the team mantra/hashtag for the year.  Night one, they show Kash teaching with Lacey helping. Last night, Kash teaching again.  During last night’s office visits, Kelli tells two of them to work with Kash for extra help. 

So, why haven’t we seen Lacey have more of an active role? Is there not another vet that can add value for extra help? Maddie has teaching experience as well.  Not sure about Kelli’s teaching experience, but she’s a group leader as well.

I’m NOT trying to start Kash bashing; actually, I’d love to be able to avoid it. Is there an issue we don’t know surrounding Lacey? Why not just give Kash the GL1 position if they are going to give her those traditional duties? Are they still upset about Lacey’s lack of “step-up” from last year? If so, why give her group 1? 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Ehh...the edit is what it is, they have to have a story/drama somewhere. It’s the #trolls and #couchdwellers that feel the need to crawl out, just to post a comment.  She’s probably related to JanitorJim ? #byegirlbye

Several cruises are already planned!

Coffee...straight out of my nose...?☕️?

• Love 5
On 8/29/2018 at 11:44 PM, JohnGalt said:

I think she has a good chance at being a leader if she stays. I couldn’t say if it would happen next year or the year after. Next year there will probably be at least three leadership positions open. Looking at the current class of second years, she’s definitely one of the strongest dancers, in my opinion the strongest. She’s also come a long way with her interpersonal skills, so I don’t see that holding her back. But it’s just a really tough call because so many of the second years have leadership potential. I think Miranda, Lexie, Rachel, Molly, Savannah, and Lauren could all be great leaders. The only one I would probably 100% pick over Gina for leadership would be Lauren. There’s also Jessika. I’m not sure if she’ll stay for another year or if they would pick her for leadership. Kelli likes her, but I’m thinking no.

ETA I’ll add that any of the girls I named could retire after this year of course. Lexie, Miranda, and Lauren, for instance, are all getting married, so any or all of them could retire. I’m just basing this on who I think has leadership potential.

I agree totally with Lauren as a group leader.  I wonder if Heather will stay for another year and if she will be given a shot at GL. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Jennv said:

That would be so fun, but Im afraid I'm too fat and ugly even for a fantasy camp, lol.

I went to high school with Stephanie DiBiase. Once I asked for boot camp recommendations on Facebook and she suggested I come to her "booty bounce boot camp" at the dallas powerhouse of dance. Right. It was very nice of her to offer, but I would rather hang upside down from a wire by my toes for an hour than take my fat, ugly, uncoordinated, old butt to a "booty bounce" class full of 20 something pro and semi pro dancers. 

Oh, Jennv. If they have the fantasy camp, please don’t let what you think others will think of you get in your way of embracing life!! If they hold one, I will be your “rookie buddy.” We could get through it and overcome it together. Plus, think of the fun!!! 

• Love 20

LOVED all the newness of last night's episode!!! We saw dancing, makeovers & some great vets with positive feedback! I loved see Shelley teaching!

This episode felt new to me- not the same old tired glimpses that we normally get to see.  Usually there are parts I want to fast forward through to get to the dance/training sequences. It felt fresh!!!

Still gagging when VK pops up- poor thing- she is just irksome & I don't think it will ever change????

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I admire their ability to read hurtful things (some of which are completely beyond their control) and still keep their self confidence.

I wonder, when people train as dancers (or actors, singers), do they also get tips on how to handle rude comments without letting it get to them?  The entertainment industry sure is rough!

2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Holly- Last 3rd of camp (but officially, they allowed her to “resign,” but we know it wasn’t her “choice”)

The more I think about this, the more I'm not so sure Holly had no choice.  I have a feeling Holly could have worked to get herself out of Kelli's doghouse, but she didn't want to adhere to the DCC rules.  If that was the case, she absolutely did the right thing by quitting instead of going on doing what she was doing then lying about it.

@Anita, Jalyn also posted something about eating cake.  If cake was involved, my guess is that she is going through a breakup.

Re: Dayton's IG, I took the "so hard to watch you" comment to mean hard to watch her get insulted on the show.  Granted I didn't read further comments, so if she went on to say mean things that make my interpretation of the posted comment wrong, that's just bad, why go on someone's personal IG just to put them down?  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DCCme said:

Why are so many of these rookies total blenders to me?  Makeovers did not actually make a difference.

The salon PAYS to be a sponsor for the DCC for the recognition and advertisement, that doesn't mean they are the BEST salon in Dallas. Sponsorships have exclusive rights, hence being a judge and advertised on the DCC website as 'official sponsors' of the DCC, etc. Talented hairdressers who do make a difference already have quite the following. I wouldn't confuse the DCC official hair salon as being the best place to go for a makeover, it' mutually exclusive.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

We know that some of the DCC look at this board. There are often comments here that are very critical (which of course is absolutely allowed here, so not criticizing posters). So be it here or on any other social media, they will view things that are negative and perhaps unfair as very few commenters know these gals personally. I admire their ability to read hurtful things (some of which are completely beyond their control) and still keep their self confidence. As we age, this is easier to do, but so many of these gals are so young. I'm glad they seem to have good support systems. 

Other comments from watching the show tonight....I like Jaylyn's new hair color. If I didn't read these boards and watched VK just as a casual viewer, I just see a very young gal with a lot of excess enthusiasm and energy. Kelli referred to her as a "beautiful storm". I think the word "storm" is very fitting....wild, uncontrolled energy. Finally, it was wonderful to see Courtney and some other alumni we don't usually see or hear from.

I agree with this completely. These are young enthusiastic girls, some younger than others. Victoria reminds me of an exhuberant puppy. I found her incredibly endearing tonight. This has been her world for so long and she’s finally been let out of the gates. I think she’ll come back stronger and a bit more polished and be a tremendous ambassador for the team. Anyone with that much passion and love for an organization is always an asset. 

Also, watching Brennan KILL IT, makes me so freaking happy. Sooooooo proud of that woman. THAT is what persistence looks like. THAT is what it looks like to really fight for a dream. Heck she’s a roll model for me and I’m a 40 year old mom of three. You go girl. (Now I’m off to nap. ?)

• Love 14

My guess is that if you're serious about going to training camp, then you probably go the the salon for the DCC makeover package on your own dime before you try out.    So when they go back, most of the work has been planned, and they only do small changes.    Also, a complete hair and makeup makeover is expensive, and I've read that their hair cuts and color, and other salon services are included as a perk for the team, so getting a partial makeover is the smart way to go.  

My guess is that Tina, Kelli, Kitty, etc. all thought the other one would have an honest talk with VK, and each passed the buck.   And to my eyes, she is gaining over her audition weight and condition.

If the coach is really that nice, then he should find out who put Kelli in that color block dress, and awful boots, and have the team use them for a tackling dummy.     That outfit was a crime against fashion.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Kelli, I love you more than my luggage but those powder blue Batgirl boots need to be burned along with the dress from the 1978 Mary Kay fall colors collection. You look great this year but these choices are just WRONG. ??

There’s a new closed Facebook group for DCC fans, btw, and Dayton is getting torn to shreds on it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I get that. But some of the comments are more brutal than I expected. 

• Love 3

My 7 year old has been walking around for 2 weeks saying “Why the haten on my Dayton”. I think they have showed enough to justify the cut, I just wish they would have shown her good moments to. She looked really great at the end of the last episode. 

I do think VK is on the heavy side for a DCC but she did have a nice clip of dancing.

I liked Jaylyns hair better the other color.

Rookie Rachel’s lip color is not flattering and she is very... well she is everything they are getting onto Dayton for. With less personality. She is pretty she just has no expression.

I like Gabby

Good for Courtney for addressing her exit in a classy way. 

Shelly still has the moves 

• Love 14

About the poster on Dayton’s insta who said she was hard to watch ... I sort of agree. Not because she’s a bad dancer or whatever, but hard to watch because she did seem to get a bad edit with tons of criticism from Kelli, and the criticism seemed more personal than professional. 

• Love 5
On 8/27/2018 at 11:45 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

?

Weight training is essential. I wish I wouldn’t have waited so long to start weight training. She doesn’t need to be all ab-tastic like Lauren. But it’ll make a world of difference on keeping the chub off and strengthening her core. 

Oh well, next year. 

I agree on how important weight training is! I've had a personal trainer who has been such an inspiration and very enlightening. My appointment with her was at 5:30 am (which I sure as hell didn't like her during the workout since I'm such a nightowl) I learned that after weight training, you're still burning calories during the day-more than other type of workout.   Nothing makes me feel better though, than the following night, doing a session of pilates.  It lenghthens your muscles and really works on your core as well. It's very relaxing!

• Love 5

I think it depends on your body.  For me, weight training is a complete waste of time, heavy heavy aerobic activity is the only thing that works for me.  Running is like a miracle, I ran myself down to smaller than I was at 18 & really didn't have to watch what I ate.  I need to get back into it, I miss birthday cake icing!!!

• Love 6
On 8/27/2018 at 3:55 PM, cgloss said:

I agree this seems most likely.

@scorpio1031 I forgot Ashton and Evan jumped to the triangle so soon. I admit, these rookies are really good, but I can't imagine any of them are so strong that they would beat out the current 2-year Show Group members.

Lacey might try to pull a Jenna and go for a 6th year in hopes of getting point, but I'm not sure it would work in her favor. I hope she doesn't try it.

I think Lacey is absolutely beautiful and an exquisite, graceful dancer, but power and snap that she needs to be the point, no.  I believe she would've made it last year if Kelly and Judy had any intention of ever putting her there. IMO, she'll never be point.   I agree with you ~ I'm not sure that it would work in her favor if she stayed another year. 

• Love 6