Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I hope VK was cut, because if handled properly it could be the best thing that ever happened to her.

Get the hell out of Texas, VK. Go to school, live somewhere else. Stop wearing Cowboys gear for a year. Meet to people. Develop a part of yourself outside of your mom’s shadow. Think about giving this another go at 22 if YOU really want it.

This is fantastic advice.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I hope VK was cut, because if handled properly it could be the best thing that ever happened to her.

Get the hell out of Texas, VK. Go to school, live somewhere else. Stop wearing Cowboys gear for a year. Meet to people. Develop a part of yourself outside of your mom’s shadow. Think about giving this another go at 22 if YOU really want it.

Yeah, this really is fantastic advice. Completely agree. 

In regsrds to all the negstuve rumors abkut Victoria and to address the posters on here who know her or know people who do and are defending her, I’m old enough to know that there are two sides to every story, and the truth typically lies somewhere in the middle. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I read the last two chapters of a book before starting it. I watch, or read about, the end of movies before I watch the beginning. Then, I can just chill. No staying up all night to read just “one more chapter.”

With this show, it’s like Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. “Can we open just one?” I’m still going to play with my new toy, but I’m a grown up.

It’s acceptable to eat a little ice cream before dinner ?

I love this, this is totally me!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

She has been trying to get the style for 2 years now. Ok, I’m going to say it. I guess that in Dallas dcc are famous or whatever. But being so adamant that your daughter does everything in her power to get on a team at 18 so that she can shake her body in basically a bra attached to sleeves and panties for older men, it’s a.desperate b.at the very least weird. She just doesn’t have it. Dayton isn’t the perky girl kind which I think is the reason she got cut and she got a far better gig based on skills (and not how hd her face is or whether she looks hot enough in the uniform).

For the screen time... i doubt they honestly think their opinions matter but they definitely didn’t expect C&K to be so obvious.

I won’t even argue that they’ve only invited good dancers (for the dcc style) into camp considering that they took Brianna last year-and I won’t even go further back to Morgan and beyond.But as for VK, I get that you’re trying to prop up someone you know, but if this is the best she can do after 2 years of prep classes and ‘having been brought up in the dcc community”...well I don’t have to add anything.

I would think, and this is only my opinion, that Tina, as a former DCC, would only want the best dancers on the team and that if her daughter wasn't as good as the others, she would hold her back from the team until she is better. I would like to think that her loyalty to a team that has given her so much over the years because of her status as a former DCC would be more important than the status of having her daughter on the team and getting so many negative comments about her dancing and her looks. 

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Um, the Holly and Jenna drama, Erica's cut/drama and then her lawsuit, losing 3 people during the season (Alexandria, Mulan and Karissa). Last years team was a shit show for a lack of a better term. 

Edited by jlc
I was being rude, and I felt bad about it.
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Meagan F. tried out for the DCC in Seasons One, Two and Five. She made it into TC three times. In Season Five, she was cut again and told off Kelli and Judy. One of the most classic cut scenes in the history of the show.

Is there anyway to find this scene without buying the whole season on Amazon? I have seasons 6-12, I just want to watch this scene though. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Is there anyway to find this scene without buying the whole season on Amazon? I have seasons 6-12, I just want to watch this scene though. 

You might want to check youtube. They may have the scene posted somewhere on their page.

2 hours ago, jlc said:

Oh man, that must have been awesome! I have to go back and find that. Thank-you.

let us know if/when you find it..  I guess my memory is failing in my ole age...I still have memories of Vivian reading a "poem" the night she was cut....

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

A shit show year doesn't necessarily need to make it on air for us to know about it---the show wasn't a shit show, the actual TEAM dynamic was a shit show. If anything the show benefited from the drama.

This is what I was talking about. Not the show but behind the scenes Kelly surely had everything planned out and was tracking in the usual direction, when it all went off the rails. Usually I would not use such a harsh term, but in this case it fits to have not one but TWO situations cause last minute upheaval that you have to scramble to cope with both on the team and on the show.

It didn't make the show shit at all. Hell we had a BALL on the forums :)

• Love 8
On 6/19/2018 at 11:15 AM, Jess14 said:

Definitely. I think the high visibility teams like the Laker Girls and the DCCs will stay, but otherwise, I wouldn’t be suprised to see a bunch of team scale back and/or cut the cheerleaders all together. It’s not like they’re really needed for halftime entertainment (teams can always pay a college team or local dance company to perform for a game), and I don’t think there would be an uproar if cheerleaders weren’t on the sidelines.

At the last Falcons game I went to last year, it didn’t seem like anyone around us other than me was paying any attention to the Falcons cheerleaders. My husband didn’t look up from his phone when they did their performance between the third and fourth quarter lol.

Didn't the San Antonio Spurs just disband their "cheerleaders/dance" team? I think I read they want a more family friendly entertainment style team on the floor.

9 minutes ago, jlc said:

Didn't the San Antonio Spurs just disband their "cheerleaders/dance" team? I think I read they want a more family friendly entertainment style team on the floor.

Kelly's hard work to get the uniform into the Smithsonian was a brilliant move.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Erica’s drama was left off of the show because management was fed up with her at that point and didn’t want to give her any air time. While she is a great dancer, her tenure as a DCC was riddled with drama and she was often considered lazy in her duties including leadership. When she broke a rule at the Hall of Fame game they were pretty done with her.

Milan leaving to study abroad didn’t happen until well into the season and the show was already concluded. Study abroad was only part of the reason she left. She was disgruntled over not getting chosen for the USO tour and generally disillusioned by the DCC politics.

Thanks for confirmation on Milan. I never bought the argument that she left solely to study abroad (the timing didn’t make sense), but I don’t recall any of the insiders commenting on her situation (at this board) before now.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Erica’s drama was left off of the show because management was fed up with her at that point and didn’t want to give her any air time. While she is a great dancer, her tenure as a DCC was riddled with drama and she was often considered lazy in her duties including leadership. When she broke a rule at the Hall of Fame game they were pretty done with her.

Milan leaving to study abroad didn’t happen until well into the season and the show was already concluded. Study abroad was only part of the reason she left. She was disgruntled over not getting chosen for the USO tour and generally disillusioned by the DCC politics.

Thanks for sharing, that's interesting. It's such a shame when a girl's "dream" that she works VERY hard for ends in such a way.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

100% All those LSU girls are such divas they're reluctant to bring in more. 

Milan left bc she was mad about USO and fed up with drama and favoritism. Study abroad was the polite cover story. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Milan left bc she was mad about USO and fed up with drama and favoritism. Study abroad was the polite cover story. 

Tess and Jax seem to be drama free.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Meagan F. tried out for the DCC in Seasons One, Two and Five. She made it into TC three times. In Season Five, she was cut again and told off Kelli and Judy. One of the most classic cut scenes in the history of the show.

Still one of my favorite office visits ever! I was having a really, really rotten spell. I put that episode on and I put Vivian's poetry on, and heck yes I was in good mood after. They both make me laugh too hard. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, jlc said:

This is how I feel about the whole Christina thing. Kelli told her she had a lot of respect for Christina for continuing to try out and for listening to their critiques and fixing them. But what about Amy? She did the same thing and they cut her on the last night. Yes, there were some issues with her, but there were with Kelsey too, and they kept her. Everyone said Christina was weak, looked like she had no stamina, and yet they still made her a cheerleader. Every year it is as if they are changing what they want depending on the girl. It just seems like favoritism or hypocrisy is obvious every season. 

I seem to remember that while christina was having issues with stamina she was a spin class coach or something like that.  Just thought it odd that she wud b having that problem. While I’ve thought all along she shudnt have made the team last year, shes cheered a full season and Kelli has had plenty of time to assess her abilities.  If she makes it again this year she totally earned it and I’m happy she didn’t end up a one and done. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

True that. Wasn't that really tall girl with dark hair who needs a makeover an LSU girl? She has tried out twice in Season 12 & 13 but never made it to TCC.

• Love 1

The Erica stuff does beg the question: if she was such drama and lazy (I’m not disputing that, to be clear$, why was she made a second group leader and then a group leader in the first place? 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, kacesq said:

was Milan on SG? or is the USO tour open to all the cheerleaders?

I don’t believe she was, but that was the year they changed USO tours a bit and were domestic, so non show group and even rookies went. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JohnGalt said:

True, but they were Golden Girls and not Tiger Girls. Not saying that all Golden Girls are angels and all Tiger Girls are troublemakers, but they are different teams.

Now I'm curious. What DCCs were Tiger girls? Certsten, Erica, Keyra ...

15 minutes ago, kacesq said:

was Milan on SG? or is the USO tour open to all the cheerleaders?

Last year the DCC Holiday USO Tour went around to US military bases and took some Show Group members and non Show Group members along. I think Jay and Jackie Bob went along also.

3 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Carsten, Keyra, Erica, Jacie (obviously very drama free). Could have missed someone but there have just been so many so it’s hard to keep track.

Speaking of drama free, I was surprised when K&J didn't accept the one candidate from University of Oregon into TCC because Maggie & Molly are such delightful ladies.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Honestly, I would love to see them raise the age to 21 for the team. 

But then we wouldn’t be getting 4th and 5th year girls (we barely do now) and we would miss out on girls like Lacey and Holly. They should be tougher on them, but I don’t agree they should ban them from auditioning.

7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

The Erica stuff does beg the question: if she was such drama and lazy (I’m not disputing that, to be clear$, why was she made a second group leader and then a group leader in the first place? 

I don’t understand that either, unless she was hiding it before she became a GL? 

As for GL in general, a few years back they had so many candidates for both GL and GL2 but now it’s quite obvious who’s going to get it and tbh, I don’t think this year’s GL are that great compared to all previous squads.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

But then we wouldn’t be getting 4th and 5th year girls (we barely do now) and we would miss out on girls like Lacey and Holly. They should be tougher on them, but I don’t agree they should ban them from auditioning.

I don’t understand that either, unless she was hiding it before she became a GL? 

As for GL in general, a few years back they had so many candidates for both GL and GL2 but now it’s quite obvious who’s going to get it and tbh, I don’t think this year’s GL are that great compared to all previous squads.

Good point. To take from a previously poster ... Erica was a great dancer, with a dash of drama, and a sprinkle of lazy.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

Because they liked her a lot to start out with and just gave her too many chances in the end.

ETA just to further explain this thought process, I’m not suggesting that Erica had no positive qualities. When she was on good behavior she was a great cheerleader and a competent leader. There were just a lot of caveats with her that came to a head last year.

Yeah, I can understand that, and it’s possible that the drama and attrition from last year is skewing my view of Kelli as a leader/manager unfairly. I certainly get that every situation isn’t black and white. Jenna is probably a good example of that. Obviously, her own behavior was problematic, but based on her group’s performance (group 1 always looked great), she seemed to be very good at that aspect of her job. I can imagine that the experience with Erica may have had similar ups and downs. Certainly though, when the wheels come off like they appeared to for the team last year, there seems to be deeper issues somewhere - at least from the outside looking in. I certainly have no insider information. 

3 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

I'm not going to "hope" an 18 year old girl got her lifelong dream crushed because some adults decided to favor her and she was acting, well, like an overly  excited and immature (likely due to her age) 18 year old girl.

But I DO hope if she did get cut that she views it as a teaching moment and not as a slap in the face.  Maybe she'll be told to take it down several notches and act with enthusiasm combined with humility and dignity instead of the stereotypical millennial "Look at me look at ME!!!".  No matter what age we are, teaching moments are tough.  I just hope she has the support to help get through it and it doesn't crush her.

As a Millennial myself, I'd like to remind everyone that VK is not one. She would be Generation Z or the Social Media Generation depending upon who's version you listen to. 

2 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

YES!!!!! So much, yes!

• Love 15

We are now unlocking this topic. Please read the Topic Announcements right above the posting box BEFORE you post. If the attacking of other posters continues, posters in violation may be suspended or banned from the site.

19 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I feel like what happened with Milan happens more often than we realize with some of the girls who have more ambition outside of DCC, and usually more options. The are over it quickly and that is what is driving retirement — not getting engaged or whatever. Most of them just do it when the season ends though — but there is a long list of “she could be a five year girls” that have left after a year or two that were likely not impressed with the organization.

my reason for saying raise the age to 21 is because with that time and maturity maybe that will more applicants with the well rounded qualities they claim they value.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

?Final Team Predicions-- GO!

Squad of 38? or 36?

Crazy thoughts for final cuts- Erin & Briana? ?

I think they'll get it down to 36, I think Erin will get cut, but I'm not sure who else. I think this is the year Brennan will make it though. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Squad of 38? or 36?

I personally think that they want to take 38, but are still evaluating a few... one thing for sure, they are running out of time... they need a little cushion to practice their final formations before 1st preseason home game. That’s coming up fast! 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

I personally think that they want to take 38, but are still evaluating a few... one thing for sure, they are running out of time... they need a little cushion to practice their final formations before 1st preseason home game. That’s coming up fast! 

Last year they went up to the wire too. I think the squad was announced two days before family and friends show, which was the day before pregame! 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BonnieBlue said:

Does anyone think they might be doing some reedits of future episodes given that VK didn't work out as they had planned?  I mean, I doubt they would have focused so much on her in the first two episodes if they knew how bad it would get.

Yep. And, I don’t want ANYONE to be humiliated on national tv, but they SHOULD show some of the office visits we’ve been reading about here. 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I feel like what happened with Milan happens more often than we realize with some of the girls who have more ambition outside of DCC, and usually more options. The are over it quickly and that is what is driving retirement — not getting engaged or whatever. Most of them just do it when the season ends though — but there is a long list of “she could be a five year girls” that have left after a year or two that were likely not impressed with the organization.

my reason for saying raise the age to 21 is because with that time and maturity maybe that will more applicants with the well rounded qualities they claim they value.

This. I understand Milan wanting to leave, and wanting to study abroad, but I also thinks he should have honored her contract and commtments.

Most of them have multiple reasons for leaving, and like any industry, they’re going to present the public with the most neutral, kind, passive reason. I work in marketing/PR for a health care system and wrote these kinds of statements as to why doctors move every month. 

A perfect example is one of my all time faves, Meredith Oden. Yes, her retirement coincided with getting married and moving across the coast, but she was so devoted to DCC, that she would’ve stayed five years instead of four if she had been able to maintain weight.

I have the same build except bustier, so I get it. I wouldn’t have been able to maintain without hurting my body either. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

Does anyone think they might be doing some reedits of future episodes given that VK didn't work out as they had planned?  I mean, I doubt they would have focused so much on her in the first two episodes if they knew how bad it would get.

I think it'll depend on their budget. Reediting is time and money CMT may or may not be willing to spend. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Last year they went up to be wire too. I think the squad was announced two days before family and friends show, which was the day before pregame! 

Well, this Saturday is the game, so I guess they could go all the way until Thurs. Does anyone know when squad photo is scheduled this year? 

• Love 1

OK, so here’s my question. If a young woman at 18 makes the team at X weight, is the contract that she maintain THAT weight all her years on the team? Because most young women are still “growing into” her curves, etc. I know I did. OR is the weight changed each each she makes the team AGAIN? 

Having said that, I think they should stick with the 38. If it’s been this hard to cut. Just stop because the longer these ladies work together, the more they are bonded and forming as a team. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:
9 minutes ago, BonnieBlue said:

I think it'll depend on their budget. Reediting is time and money CMT may or may not be willing to spend. 

But, it’s a better “story” if they actually tell it. We’ll see 

• Love 2

I think they will have to re-edit. The golden girl storyline is undoubtedly going to continue week after week, so with a different ending they need to adjust. Now this can go two ways. It can be as gentle as possible or it can be brutal. We will find out how mad Kelli is by what she asks CMT to do.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Squad of 38? or 36?

36 with Lily and Erin being final cuts

• Love 2
On 8/10/2018 at 7:51 PM, DBAAT said:

Totally off subject, but My heart breaks a little watching Jinelle say goodbye. She is honestly the only DCC that I feel was totally genuine and not self absorbed. She appears to be

kind hearted and such a sweet soul. I don't think they will ever replicate her!!! I would love to see her stay in a leadership role with the Cowboys. The only other DCC I have ever felt 

a bit similar to her is Jen K. I'm really going to miss Jinelle.

@DBAAT  I'm right there with you.  That was an emotional segment for everyone in the office!  Jinelle will always be one of my favorites.  Humble, beautiful, classy, graceful, and TALENTED!  I'll never understand why she wasn't made point during her career.  She's the quintessential DCC.  

• Love 16