Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

The white suits they had her in last year, the poses, the backgrounds - she took beautiful photos.

Isn’t she in the big calendar? And, in the “small” swimsuit calendar, why is every “month” pic of a cheerleader in a standing pose EXCEPT the shot of Kelli kneeling? And why did they repeat the Kelli cover pic in the big calendar as a month in the small calendar? I think someone made a mistake. 

It feels like they put that shot of Kelli in as a placeholder meaning to go back and find a pic of her standing, but then they forgot to replace it. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful shot, it just doesn’t fit with the rest of the calendar. IMO 

Edited by Taralightner
33 minutes ago, kimberleycrump said:

They look great! And, it’s always refreshing to hear the correct music and see the choreo with that music. When we see this in an episode, how much do you want to bet that we’ll hear fireball? Lol

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

They look great! And, it’s always refreshing to hear the correct music and see the choreo with that music. When we see this in an episode, how much do you want to bet that we’ll hear fireball? Lol

They look awesome 

• Love 4
(edited)

Is this basically confirmation that Maddie has made the triangle with Kashara and Lacey?  And that Khalyn is behind the triangle in Robins old spot?  Seems like it!

Edited to add: looks like Gina moved up too!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Love me some Prince! ??

• Love 4

Season 5--Miranda--she kept trying out I think 5 years.  Could she just not dance?   In episode one Charlotte said if they hadn't seen her over and over and over someone would think she would do good (or something similar).

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Season 5--Miranda--she kept trying out I think 5 years.  Could she just not dance?   In episode one Charlotte said if they hadn't seen her over and over and over someone would think she would do good (or something similar).

Miranda had everything. She was pretty, well spoken and tried. HARD!  I would have loved to have seen her make the team, but alas, it never happened. I am as mystified about it as you are, because girls less than her made it to training camp.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, tinabee1967 said:

Miranda had everything. She was pretty, well spoken and tried. HARD!  I would have loved to have seen her make the team, but alas, it never happened. I am as mystified about it as you are, because girls less than her made it to training camp.

Oh gosh, she was a TERRIBLE dancer. Like, my 8-year-old could outdance her.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Oh gosh, she was a TERRIBLE dancer. Like, my 8-year-old could outdance her.

For some reason, she kept making it back to finals. If she sucked that bad, I doubt she would make it past semis.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, cgloss said:

4BD82D4D-750F-4A75-B405-F9787564324F.thumb.jpeg.5911b0b55a20a26bbe1afd013304d8e7.jpeg991ABC55-2B17-4B30-B6F3-5BF883ADCE56.thumb.jpeg.abae11848ccbb8b63b7923a4e9fa7dfb.jpeg

11A2A1C7-FB51-4E5A-BC89-41CFD5EBD7F4.thumb.jpeg.01622dcdffbc498ca6a0ebdcddc34cf4.jpeg5F7C5ED4-5575-46AE-8BCA-F736C6512D2A.thumb.jpeg.7e74e44eed38ed379fd5a86faecabcaa.jpeg

I actually really like Savannah's look in general. But who is responsible for choosing this photo?!? She looks like she's taking her bottoms off to go to the bathroom, and her face is uncomfortable. Same with her photo in the other calendar. So unflattering, I feel kinda bad for her. Some of these are just awful, and these are beautiful women. 

Edited by dancer88
edit spelling
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

I actually really like Savannah's look in general. But who is responsible for choosing this photo?!? She looks like she's taking her bottoms off to go to the bathroom. So unflattering, I feel kinda bad for her. Some of these are just awful, and these are beautiful women. 

That's my least favorite also.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Stee said:

Is this basically confirmation that Maddie has made the triangle with Kashara and Lacey?  And that Khalyn is behind the triangle in Robins old spot?  Seems like it!

Edited to add: looks like Gina moved up too!

Unfortunately, probably not.  This is only show group and, while they're usually towards the front, they're also scattered around the formation.  Still, crossing fingers.

40 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

I actually really like Savannah's look in general. But who is responsible for choosing this photo?!? She looks like she's taking her bottoms off to go to the bathroom, and her face is uncomfortable. Same with her photo in the other calendar. So unflattering, I feel kinda bad for her. Some of these are just awful, and these are beautiful women. 

OMG so it's not just me? My very first thought was "did she poop her bottoms and they caught her taking them off?" her expression looks like she was totally busted and the pose is the most uncomfortable one I've seen.

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Your mom is only two years older than me and I have a 4 year old ?. 

No, that's my sister. My mom was born in 1950. My mom's kids were born in 74, 80, 86 and 88.

Now my sister's kids are just turned 19, about to turn 18, and turning 14. 

ETA: I included my sister's age to show that mother's attempting to help or going to interviews is not just a phenomenon reserved for Millennial---which seems to be our stereotype.  

Back on topic, I agree that Kelli's picture in the second calendar looks like a placeholder---it really messes with the theme of the calendar. 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

No, that's my sister. My mom was born in 1950. My mom's kids were born in 74, 80, 86 and 88.

Now my sister's kids are just turned 19, about to turn 18, and turning 14. 

ETA: I included my sister's age to show that mother's attempting to help or going to interviews is not just a phenomenon reserved for Millennial---which seems to be our stereotype.  

Back on topic, I agree that Kelli's picture in the second calendar looks like a placeholder---it really messes with the theme of the calendar. 

Thank you! I’ve posted about Kelli’s repeat shot a few times here, but no one replied and no one else was talking about it. They (K&J) are so keyed into every detail. I wonder if they are furiuos with the editor? It REALLY looks like a mistake. Plus, it’s the same pic in two calendars??? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GBPackersfan said:

OMG so it's not just me? My very first thought was "did she poop her bottoms and they caught her taking them off?" her expression looks like she was totally busted and the pose is the most uncomfortable one I've seen.

I HATE those poses. Christina was always doing it as well. It's not sexy, it just looks bad!  And yes, that is exactly what it looks like. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dancer88 said:

I saw that and thought the same thing. A few years ago, Sports Illustrated had a gal pose in much the same way on the cover of their swimsuit issue. Maybe someone recalled that shot and tried to have her duplicate it. It just isn't a very tasteful shot no matter who the model is and from my female mindset, not very sexy either. Savannah is a lovely gal, I'm sure they had a better photo they could have used IMO.

• Love 2
(edited)

The calendar cover is the prettiest Kelli has ever looked to me. Good for her! I've never been a fan of her look, but I am glad to see that she is getting more props this year on the cover and as a second leader. She is an excellent dancer and I bet a great team mate, plus she worked so long to make the team, so it's nice to see the PTB are acknowledging her presence and contributions to the team. I will wait till I'm not looking at the calendars on my phone to render judgment about the other photos--but even in the tiny square on my screen it looked like Savannah was taking off her bottoms and looking uncomfortable about it (though I suppose it could have felt* like a sexy look she was trying to make). 

As for rotating point among the leaders or the triangle, I'm not that into the idea. Yes, I'd love to see Lacey get her turn at point because I think she'd be excellent in that spot, but in recent years, point girl keeps point until she retires. If Kash retires this year and Lacey stays (please do this, ladies!) I'd expect Lacey to be the next point. Logistics of rotating aside, I'm not into the idea of Maddie or Amy at point at all. I still don't love Maddie's look, especially her big teeth smile, and I just can't imagine them putting her in the most filmed and photographed position. I feel similarly but less strongly about Amy. Both ladies will get plenty of camera time on the sidelines as group leaders, and as far as performance charisma and DCC glam, I think Kash, Lacey, Heather, and Gina are head and shoulders over those two. Probably others too. Gah, I miss Maggie! I feel like she would have been in the triangle this year. Sigh. How dare she move to be with her family and move on with her life?? 

Edited by M1977G
Autocorrect
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

This IS awesome. I like that Maddie is growing out her hair and getting in some decent hair flips!  

Did you see the comment someone made about too bad Jenna doesn't get to do this routine.  It's like, seriously - this routine has been used for a while:)  She's danced to it many a time.  Oh, and she retired.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did you see the comment someone made about too bad Jenna doesn't get to do this routine.  It's like, seriously - this routine has been used for a while:)  She's danced to it many a time.  Oh, and she retired.

True! And there's a video for that poster.... 

I wonder if the fact that they did this old Prince routine means that there aren't going to be any new sideline dances this year. Last year, they debuted the 2 new ones at Oxnard. That may have just been a on-time thing though. 

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

What does a placeholder mean?

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Basically means they couldn’t find any other good pictures to put in there so they just decided to add that picture in there so all the months would have a picture to go with it 

Edited by Holly85
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I wonder if the fact that they did this old Prince routine means that there aren't going to be any new sideline dances this year. Last year, they debuted the 2 new ones at Oxnard. That may have just been a on-time thing though. 

What was last year?  I can't remember.  I was thinking Hand Clap, but that was the year before.

41 minutes ago, Synspice said:

So, I just found this very old behind the scenes video of DCC before Making the Team and they are dancing to Baby I'm a Star on here, although very messily.  

Wow! That was harsh! 

• Love 2
(edited)

I know this isn't completely on topic, but I just found this short clip from the 1968 Saints cheerleaders that is worth watching. 

Edited by Law Mom
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I am so happy you posted this. As soon as I saw today's post, I thought of Group 1 from last year. This is literally my favorite sideline routine ever. The choreography is so crisp and fits the music perfectly. Great job Sarah G.

With that said, Jenna slayed the f@$& out that routine. Sorry Kash (and I'm not a hater), but you got served. The triangle of Jenna. Stephanie, and Amy looked much better than Kash, Lacey, and Maddie. I really was expecting more of them. In fact last year's group one looks better than this year's show group. 

The departure of sooo many really great dancers (Jenna, Holly, Erica, Cersten, Maggie, & Robin) have left this team without ladies who have that sparkle. I really hope this rookie class brings it, because if this is the best the vets have they are in trouble.

This may be a one off, so I'll eagerly await other videos.

In case there is any ambiguity, I think Kashara is the worst point I've seen. She's nice and pretty, but just an average DCC. That's why they pushed her so hard last year, they know she's weak. Rewatching last year's episodes, Kashara's dancing was not praised once-not by Kitty, the alumni, or any guest choreographer. In fact, in the original formation for Canton, she was in the back row. Draw your own conclusions. I am just still perplexed by the tremendous leap forward.

Needless to say, this is just my unsolicited opinion.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She looks so good in this shot.

The photo is beautiful, but that’s not Kelli. That’s a photoshop version of her so honestly, i don’t know if I would be proud in her case.

As for Lacey, her photo last year was amazing. They could have re-used that instead of that weird pose.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

It means that while they were choosing shots for each month, they wanted one of Kelli in the second calendar, but didn’t have an obvious one at that moment, so they put her cover shot there, meaning to come back to that month and find another pic of her standing. Everyone else in the inside of that calendar is standing. When they found her standing shot, someone messed up and didn’t exchange the pic of her standing with the placeholder shot (the one where’s she’s kneeling). Why else would they only have her kneeling? Why would they use the same pic as her cover shot? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

The departure of sooo many really great dancers (Jenna, Holly, Erica, Cersten, Maggie, & Robin) have left this team without ladies who have that sparkle. I really hope this rookie class brings it, because if this is the best the vets have they are in trouble.

I agree with this 100% but I’ll add that the departure of really strong dancers and girls with the “it” factor from the past two to three years has really made this squad bland. It shows in the performance and even in the calendar. This will be a rebuilding year. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, cgloss said:

I agree with this 100% but I’ll add that the departure of really strong dancers and girls with the “it” factor from the past two to three years has really made this squad bland. It shows in the performance and even in the calendar. This will be a rebuilding year. 

Completely agree. I hope there are some rookies with the X factor. The show group performance with the vets was precise but little wow. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

If any group has a potential to be a rebuilding group, it's the rookie TCCs this year. 

I still will just shrug when people say they hate Kash as point.  Some of us truly think she's great there.  I tried to force myself to watch other people in that latest clip from Oxnard and I just always go back to her, i can't help it- she has a spark I love and it makes perfect sense to me why she got the spot.  sorry not sorry :) That's not taking away from Jenna tho - I agree that she should have been point last year and it was def hers to lose.  it's so sad she couldn't keep her act together.  she really was incredible at the dcc style. 

also i will say say Gina is killing it in that clip - i hope she stays awhile because point is hers down the road.  tho obviously i'm a poor judge of who should be point i guess LOL! 

I agree with you LaurenBrook that Jenna  should have been point last year.  She seems to have the old-school DCC style like some of the great dancers from seasons one through five of MTT like Kandi Harris Kelsi Reich and Brooke Sorensen. Jenna was the architect of her own destruction though. I  think that she was incredibly lucky to get to stay on the team. She was the first group leader and she was accompanying a minor into a bar.  She had also had warnings about fraternization. Frankly I thought what she did was worse than what Erica did although I'm not sure we know the whole story about what happened with Erica since every mention of her was edited out of the show.  I've always thought that her cut must've shown an unflattering side of K &J  because if they can possibly edit it to make themselves look good they do and they show it on TV. 

Gina is a real dancer's dancer. She is incredibly good. I just don't personally think she has the DCC look in terms of her face. 

Kashara  dances big although I personally don't think she's technically good. She's also doing everything that K&J want and they're happy with her so I think she's going to stay where she is.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

If any group has a potential to be a rebuilding group, it's the rookie TCCs this year. 

I still will just shrug when people say they hate Kash as point.  Some of us truly think she's great there.  I tried to force myself to watch other people in that latest clip from Oxnard and I just always go back to her, i can't help it- she has a spark I love and it makes perfect sense to me why she got the spot.  sorry not sorry :) That's not taking away from Jenna tho - I agree that she should have been point last year and it was def hers to lose.  it's so sad she couldn't keep her act together.  she really was incredible at the dcc style. 

also i will say say Gina is killing it in that clip - i hope she stays awhile because point is hers down the road.  tho obviously i'm a poor judge of who should be point i guess LOL! 

Gina was very good. She does, however, need to stay in formation.  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Middlemom said:

I agree with you LaurenBrook that Jenna  should have been point last year.  She seems to have the old-school DCC style like some of the great dancers from seasons one through five of MTT like Kandi Harris Kelsi Reich and Brooke Sorensen. Jenna was the architect of her own destruction though. I  think that she was incredibly lucky to get to stay on the team. She was the first group leader and she was accompanying a minor into a bar.  She had also had warnings about fraternization. Frankly I thought what she did was worse than what Erica did although I'm not sure we know the whole story about what happened with Erica since every mention of her was edited out of the show.  I've always thought that her cut must've shown an unflattering side of K &J  because if they can possibly edit it to make themselves look good they do and they show it on TV. 

Gina is a real dancer's dancer. She is incredibly good. I just don't personally think she has the DCC look in terms of her face. 

Kashara  dances big although I personally don't think she's technically good. She's also doing everything that K&J want and they're happy with her so I think she's going to stay where she is.

I would have fired Jenna.  From a management perspective, she was breaking the rules, saw the Holly situation and did nothing, and there are the rumors of her own fraternization.  She certainly lost any right to be group leader and point.  I rooted for Jenna from the very beginning but believe being a DCC went to her head and then it became her only claim to fame.  I do wonder about the inconsistent way K and J hold people accountable.  They seemed to look the the other way with Paige.  I looked at her website on her wedding and it talks of meeting her husband her very first year in December.  So she had seasons of dancing while dating him.  Her roommate Danielle had to know.  Paige quietly left the team.  I do see the difference between Holly involved in casual hookup and Paige in a relationship but every relationship starts with a first date.

I love Kashara at point.  She has a spark that makes you watch her.  She's also from management perspective a great leader and a good risk.  After Jenna, Holly, and Erica last year they want someone they can trust.  I believe it is much more the total package than the technical dancer.  Maddie may still look like a kid although she has matured some and the hair looks better a little longer but she's fun to watch and a great dancer.  After that incredible solo, she will be rewarded.  

As to Gina, I agree.  Great body, great dancer, not the prettiest face.  She did not come across well last year and so I am sure that factors in my opinion.

I just finished watching the season Crystal was point and had always thought it should have been Brooke until I watched that season again.  Crystal's hair was longer and she certainly had spunk.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Miranda's engaged!

Congratulations to Miranda! I wonder if this means she will retire after this year.  Many of the girls quit after they get married although some have been on the team while they were married like JennK.  I think she was already married though when she made the team . 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

I HATE those poses. Christina was always doing it as well. It's not sexy, it just looks bad!  And yes, that is exactly what it looks like. 

It just all goes to show...K&J should have run the final job by her BOE (Board of Experts)...US!!!!!!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, hypeman said:

I am so happy you posted this. As soon as I saw today's post, I thought of Group 1 from last year. This is literally my favorite sideline routine ever. The choreography is so crisp and fits the music perfectly. Great job Sarah G.

With that said, Jenna slayed the f@$& out that routine. Sorry Kash (and I'm not a hater), but you got served. The triangle of Jenna. Stephanie, and Amy looked much better than Kash, Lacey, and Maddie. I really was expecting more of them. In fact last year's group one looks better than this year's show group. 

This may be a one off, so I'll eagerly await other videos.

Yeah, I automatically remembered that routine. I thought everyone had so much spunk and sass in Group One last year. Totally agreed about the lack of sparkle overall this year. I think the Oxnard performance is fine. They look good. They're synchronized, but not a lot of wow IMO. As you said though, it's the first performance, so I'll withhold further judgement, particularly until the final team is announced. Last year's rookies were weak and most of the best dancers from the 2016 rookie group have left, so it always seemed like it would be a rebuilding year.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

While I don't think Kashara is great at point -I think she's fine and gets the job done, no more or less, but I certainly don't think she would've been point on the teams even from a few years ago and certainly not last year if Jenna had kept it together, but that's water under the bridge. I felt the same way about Holly H though, so Kashara is certainly not the first who I didn't love at point. I agree with a lot in this post though. Kashara does have a sparkle IMO, and in the Oxnard video, she was one of the few who caught my attention. Frankly, she, Khalyn, and Gina were the only ones who I wanted to watch. I've advocated for Lacey to be point, but I didn't get much pop or sass from her in this performance, certainly none to justify moving her up in the formation. 

9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

What was last year?  I can't remember.  I was thinking Hand Clap, but that was the year before.

I can't remember the names of these songs (it's early lol), but it's the two dances below that were new last year. I tried to find the Oxnard peformance from last year, but I found these other 2 faster.  Hand Clap was the year before. I *think* they also performed that one at Oxnard, but I can't remember.

• Love 1