Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: One for the Ages S06.E23: The Grand Gesture

• Start Topic

It's the 2hr Season Finale. 

Ep. 22

Boden takes a big step in the pursuit of a major career decision; Kidd becomes increasingly distrustful of Renee's motives with Severide; Herrmann has trouble bouncing back after a tragedy; complications threaten Boden's chances for a promotion.

Ep. 23

Boden's chances for a promotion are met with potential complications; Dawson and Casey don't see eye to eye on an important decision; Kidd finds herself struggling to find time with Severide; Brett and Dawson respond to a tough call.

6 hours ago, Jaded said:

It's the 2hr Season Finale. 

Ep. 22

Ep. 23

l for one hope that Casey never sees eye to eye with Grabby ever again and that the tough call in the finale gets rid of her from the show so Casey can be free of this leech. Boden cant be allowed leave 51...ever! l hope that the Severide situation sorts itself out successfuly. l hope that the show employs a better show runner who isn't obsessed with Grabby should we be unlucky enough for her to stay, and a completely new set of writers who can improve the feeble storylines. Just my opinions. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Of course, we didn’t want Chief to leave 51, but I hope he gives that info re: Grissom cooking the books to a reporter. Griss is a snake.

Kelly look smoking hot in his dress blues! ?

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Of course, we didn’t want Chief to leave 51, but I hope he gives that info re: Grissom cooking the books to a reporter. Griss is a snake.

Kelly look smoking hot in his dress blues! ?

I think he should quietly hold on to the info for insurance when Griss tries retaliation against 51.

Casey, oh Casey, good for you for taking your balls out of Gabby's purse for a little while. Please hold onto them.

Severide, thanks for being there.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think we all know that Gabby won't go to Puerto Rico, but we can dream! Good riddance!

Maybe she can be the star of her own show: "Chicago Fire- Puerto Rico Style"

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Guildford said:

Does she need me to call her a cab to the airport? Nah bugger it, I'll drive her.

That is our dream - for Grabby to sod off and leave the show for good!

12 hours ago, MaryHedwig said:

Maybe she can be the star of her own show: "Chicago Fire- Puerto Rico Style"

Absolutley good riddance to her! Hope she doesnt come back next season!

• Love 3

Meh... I didn't really like this episode but it was nice to see Casey stick up for himself. 

I wished Cruz had told Brett how he feels and wished we had seen it but I think Grissom will be a pain in the butt next season, depending on if Walker comes back. 

I liked what Stella told Renee but do you really think she was pining for him? I did think Renee was up to something though but maybe she was and Kelly told her he wasn't interested even if they kissed. 

Episode was boring to me for some reason but I think Grissom will be bad news next year. 

• Love 3

You know the last scene with Gabby and Matt at their house?  Well, husband fastforwarded it, saying he had finally hit his limit of annoying Gabby.  Man has the patience of a saint so if he finally had had enough . . . 

Anyway, if something important was said there, feel free to pass it on.  Thanks in advance!

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I got my MD from watching TV so I’m probably wrong, but can’t aneurysms be surgically repaired?

Yes, they can. I was surprised that they didn't have that Dr. make any mention of it. I would imagine more then pregnancy could cause it to rupture.

• Love 2

My goodness! How many times can Renée show up to see Severide? It didn't cross Stella's mind Kelly could have gotten with at her place.

In the first episode, why wasn't Casey/81 called in to the fire? Only 51 and Rescue were called to the scene. I thought Casey is in charge of both.

Should Gabby have sensed to not leave Sylvie alone with that nut?

Good job Sylvie! Next time aim for the chin! Then drive away and have Gabby take the bus back.

Grissom should be embarrassed to be easily caught by Otis doing a few google searches! And if Otis could do it how can the mayor's office miss it?

Did the writers finally come to their senses? Bye Gabby! If you want, I'll drive from New Jersey to pick you up and take you to the airport.

• Love 5

Yeah, when husband heard diagnosis his response was, “Uh oh.  No more baby and would probably affect her job, too.”  I forgot to press him for more information.

Could someone please explain to her how adoption works?  They had Louis about five minutes, not five years, and they were foster parents.  You would think miss know-it-all would understand the difference.

• Love 3

This show is starting to lose me, with the Grey's Anatomy level soap opera style plotting. Just about every storyline seems to be about someone and their relationship. I did like when Matt finally told off Gabby. The scene in the office where she found the adoption brochures she was acting like she found a sex tape of him and Antonio. And if she kept saying it was her body her risk and her choice, I really wanted him to say that that is fine and that his body is also his choice and he will be getting a vasectomy.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Grissom should be embarrassed to be easily caught by Otis doing a few google searches! And if Otis could do it how can the mayor's office miss it?

Yea I didn't get that. If it was that easy for Otis to find the doctored reports why couldn't anyone else. Also it was weird that we kept seeing all these higher up boss cheif types throughout the episode but apparently the only people in the running for commissioner are a deputy district cheif that a lot of people hate and a battalion cheif from a fire house. They even had a scene with the deputy commissioner, but I guess he is not in the running to take over because of something.

Also speaking of chiefs, the paramedic chief wants to send Gabby to Puerto Rico, not because she is great but because he hates her and wants her gone right?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Otis found the real data for Grissom’s house because he had access to the system while on desk duty recuperating from his injuries and was looking for them—not something most people would otherwise be able to do. But all that on-foot chasing to Boden’s home and then to the Field Museum I mean “City Hall” to what, confront the mayor? Couldn’t Otis have called Boden and Boden have called the mayor? But great, now will Boden spend the whole next season being unfairly persecuted yet again???  

Please Show do not have Gabby already be pregnant and then need Casey to rush to Puerto Rico when she needs aneurysm surgery.  

Brett made me cry with the woman with knife in her chest scene. I like her character as much as I hate the Gabby character. Cruz and Brett really don’t have much chemistry, however. 

• Love 4
On 5/11/2018 at 12:09 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think we all know that Gabby won't go to Puerto Rico, but we can dream! Good riddance!

On 5/10/2018 at 10:55 PM, gaucho91 said:

I hope she never finds her way back from PR.

She'll go to PR for 4 months, and be back for the new season. I'm rooting for Zika to take hold while she's down there.

7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I got my MD from watching TV so I’m probably wrong, but can’t aneurysms be surgically repaired?

What do you think the first 6 episodes of Season 7 will be all about? Miracling Saint Gabby, and then Bayyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeee!!! All the while Door Matt's balls go back in Gabby's lockbox on the mantel. I can't even with Severide.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Otis found the real data for Grissom’s house because he had access to the system while on desk duty recuperating from his injuries and was looking for them—not something most people would otherwise be able to do.

But aren't there a lot of people who have access to that data? At 51 there is Connie and multiple other admin type people who have computers. If Otis has access wouldn't the rest of them? Plus Boden, and if they all do wouldn't every equivalent person at every other fire house? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

But aren't there a lot of people who have access to that data? At 51 there is Connie and multiple other admin type people who have computers. If Otis has access wouldn't the rest of them? Plus Boden, and if they all do wouldn't every equivalent person at every other fire house? 

Sure but someone above mentioned  that Otis had caught the faking with “a few google searches” to find the real data (a few google searches wouldn’t give one access). I forgot who (outgoing commish?) gave Boden hard copies of the fake reports turned in to HQ (and only to HQ?) that Otis compared the system stats to? Few people would have the fake reports, but yeah, you are of course right, someone else with access could have found the real data. Otis should probably be in IT and not on a truck. Gris will either get rid of him or maybe “Chicago IT” is in the pipeline.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Yea I didn't get that. If it was that easy for Otis to find the doctored reports why couldn't anyone else. Also it was weird that we kept seeing all these higher up boss cheif types throughout the episode but apparently the only people in the running for commissioner are a deputy district cheif that a lot of people hate and a battalion cheif from a fire house. They even had a scene with the deputy commissioner, but I guess he is not in the running to take over because of something.

Otis was on desk duty with time on his hands. Being the nerd that he is, probably led him on a "let's see what I can do/find venture." When he first saw the reports, likely nothing clicked in his mind.  Then when the subject (reports) was brought up as one of the great accomplishments of Grissom's department, it clicked in Otis' mind.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2

Maybe the people who would catch the discrepancies know Grissom’s political connections and decided to keep it quiet.  I can imagine rank and file knowing he is lying but assume his appointment is a given and choose not to get on his bad side.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Maybe the people who would catch the discrepancies know Grissom’s political connections and decided to keep it quiet.  I can imagine rank and file knowing he is lying but assume his appointment is a given and choose not to get on his bad side.

Well, if they feared internal reprisals, just leak the data anonymously to the media after the appointment is official. That's one story that no newspaper or radio would dare keep under wraps since it goes to the honesty and integrity of someone directly responsible for the safety of millions of Chicagoans.

It was obvious that Boden wasn't going to get the gig since he's a star of the show. That and I doubt any battalion chief in any department would jump up to become the Big Cheese in one leap anyways. Plus there always has to be a foil for the heroes, so might as well be Grissom.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, if they feared internal reprisals, just leak the data anonymously to the media after the appointment is official. That's one story that no newspaper or radio would dare keep under wraps since it goes to the honesty and integrity of someone directly responsible for the safety of millions of Chicagoans.

Since the season ended with the official announcement and Grissom’s first press conference announcing his acceptance, maybe the new season will include just that.  Then they’ll blame Boden and 51 only to discover it was someone else who leaked.

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 1

I never understood how Boden could even get promoted.  Every other week either he and/or the firehouse is going to be shut down.  Now of all of sudden, he's the "bee's knees!" 

Since being shot, Otis has gained of new ability of exposing fraudsters!  Pretty soon, he'll be a structural engineer expert and getting teens ready for prom!

I was thrilled to finally have Casey and Brett tell Gabby off!  I really hope Gabby goes to PR and never returns!  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

I never understood how Boden could even get promoted.  Every other week either he and/or the firehouse is going to be shut down.  Now of all of sudden, he's the "bee's knees!" 

I just think it is hilarious that the only two serious contenders for fire commissioner are two guys who are basically middle managers. If Grissom is a deputy district chief that means there is a full district chief above him and another one for each district. But none of those guys nor anyone above them are qualified to be comossioner.

• Love 2
On 5/11/2018 at 9:23 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

I did like when Matt finally told off Gabby. The scene in the office where she found the adoption brochures she was acting like she found a sex tape of him and Antonio. And if she kept saying it was her body her risk and her choice, I really wanted him to say that that is fine and that his body is also his choice and he will be getting a vasectomy.

She kept talking about how it was all her risk, as if he had nothing to lose in the situation if she died.  Matt loves her, for whatever anonymous reason, and so he actually has a lot at risk too, not to mention he's the one stuck with any medical bills, and cleaning up after the mess she will undoubtedly make, and being blamed by her family, and all kinds of other things that, she, being dead, won't have to worry about.  

I was SO glad he finally told her off about all the unilateral decisions she makes, and how she drags him into things--and then she acts like it's a betrayal for him to want to discuss serious issues like a medically dangerous pregnancy or adoption with his wife before decisions are made.

And finally, Brett is my hero.  Gabby is all nasty because Matt isn't bowing down, and Brett just had someone die under her hands--which Gabby KNOWS for crying out loud, since she wandered back into the scene for a minute--and yet Brett is supposed to be all about Gabby.  Good going Brett.  And I'm so glad she pointed out that she deserves to be treated with respect and professionalism, no matter how Gabby might be feeling.

I"m not expecting the show to keep Gabby in her place--see how she's running away from responsibility or any actual adult communication with her husband or the people in her life already--but I have all summer to dream.

• Love 6

There is simply not enough "shut up" in this world for Gabby, who has got to be the most odious, self-centered, clueless character on television to date.  I cannot stand this woman and the sooner the Matt character figures out what he's been lumbered with, the better.  It's not enough she goes all shirty with her hurting ambo partner , she gives her husband the "You knew what I was like when you married me," lecture.  No Gabs, I'm not sure he did.  He wasn't totally aware that you are the center of your own universe and everyone else's.  You better do what she wants to do or she will stalk off and go make another unilateral Gabby decision to take her toys and march off to Puerto Rico.  Is it too much to hope that another hurricane devastates PR (a FICTIONAL one, OF COURSE), and she is lost at sea or something while trying to tell the Coast Guard how to do their job?  Is this too much to ask???  

Can anyone explain why they can't FIX the dadgum aneurysm?????????  Why a doctor would deliver news like that without options?  That scene at the fertility clinic made about as much sense as anything else on this show.  Good grief!!

On the positive side...I love Brett more with each episode.  Even Stella is about a zillion times better than that other one.  

• Love 5
(edited)
40 minutes ago, limecoke said:

There is simply not enough "shut up" in this world for Gabby, who has got to be the most odious, self-centered, clueless character on television to date.  I cannot stand this woman and the sooner the Matt character figures out what he's been lumbered with, the better.  It's not enough she goes all shirty with her hurting ambo partner , she gives her husband the "You knew what I was like when you married me," lecture.  No Gabs, I'm not sure he did.  He wasn't totally aware that you are the center of your own universe and everyone else's.  You better do what she wants to do or she will stalk off and go make another unilateral Gabby decision to take her toys and march off to Puerto Rico.  Is it too much to hope that another hurricane devastates PR (a FICTIONAL one, OF COURSE), and she is lost at sea or something while trying to tell the Coast Guard how to do their job?  Is this too much to ask???  

Can anyone explain why they can't FIX the dadgum aneurysm?????????  Why a doctor would deliver news like that without options?  That scene at the fertility clinic made about as much sense as anything else on this show.  Good grief!!

On the positive side...I love Brett more with each episode.  Even Stella is about a zillion times better than that other one.  

Hahahahaha! Regarding Grabby Dawson you have just about said it all! Thank god she seems to be leaving the show for good. It's what we have waited for since season 2 ended! l don't care how they get rid of Grabby, just that they do it! And they have lazy writers these days who are about as clueless as Grabby and who don't seem to research anything before they write it (or if they do they ignore the facts). This show is in dire need of a new writing team and a new show runner to get it back on its feet, but Grabby leaving is at least a huge step in the right direction and will make the show watchable again! Fingers crossed she never comes back from PR!

Edited by belletane

There was an interview with Jesse Spencer where he said he would like to see Casey single. Wouldn't we all lol. When the show comes back I hope it decides to focus more on character development than on drama for the sake of drama. It is getting to the point where everyone is unlikable. Everybody gets mad about things that make no sense, there is a threat to the house every other week, and Severide has screwed 90% of the women in Chicago now. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Manda317 said:

There was an interview with Jesse Spencer where he said he would like to see Casey single. Wouldn't we all lol. When the show comes back I hope it decides to focus more on character development than on drama for the sake of drama. It is getting to the point where everyone is unlikable. Everybody gets mad about things that make no sense, there is a threat to the house every other week, and Severide has screwed 90% of the women in Chicago now. 

If the writers have any common sense they will capitalise on Jesse Spencer's amazing acting talent and give him the opportunities he has missed because of all the Gabby drama over the last 4 seasons of the show. This guy can really act and deserves to be front and centre of this show again which is his rightful place. Just not sure the writers and show runner are up to it!  Their storylines are just feeble and stupid these days and everything is just so over done! It needs fresh blood on the production side because there is only so much a wonderful cast like theirs can do with rubbish material!

• Love 2

I'd be very happy if that last scene is an indication that Gabby has left (at least for a while).

Quite a slow finale, but I guess it would be seeing as it was 2 hours.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Manda317 said:

Not surprised, and it's consistent with the comments he made a few years ago when he wished Casey would have some balls.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, belletane said:

If the writers have any common sense they will capitalise on Jesse Spencer's amazing acting talent and give him the opportunities he has missed because of all the Gabby drama over the last 4 seasons of the show. This guy can really act and deserves to be front and centre of this show again which is his rightful place. Just not sure the writers and show runner are up to it!  Their storylines are just feeble and stupid these days and everything is just so over done! It needs fresh blood on the production side because there is only so much a wonderful cast like theirs can do with rubbish material!

I was so glad when Matt, finally, pushed back against what Gabby wanted. He showed some balls and pointed out to Gabby what we as viewers have been pointing out for years. Gabby didn't care about Matt's opinion when he didn't want to adopt Louie. She didn't even ask him about Bria. She pushed him into being an alderman. But Matt pushes back against what Gabby wants, and now she feels betrayed. Can't have it both ways. Matt deserves to be single and free. The past four seasons have been wasted because he's been shackled to Gabby and always cow-towing to all her wants and needs.

• Love 2

I find it curious that the writers have been writing her character this way for years and suddenly in this episode they have two characters calling her on it.  Did Monica make someone mad?  Clearly they knew they made Gabby grating and unlikeable.  What gives here?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I find it curious that the writers have been writing her character this way for years and suddenly in this episode they have two characters calling her on it.  Did Monica make someone mad?  Clearly they knew they made Gabby grating and unlikeable.  What gives here?

Maybe they were trying to throw a bone to the 'other' half of the fanbase, the ones who didn't think the sun shone from her arse. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Crs97 said:

l feel that TPTB must have know for some time that Monica Raymund was not going to stay beyond season 6. So....they have engineered Severide into being less of a man whore, and given him more steady relationships (Anna, Stella) with reliable characters, because they knew that Dawsey was dead in the water and were desperate to have a romantic 'couple' in CF. They still could have Brett and Antonio to link CF with PD if necessary, but what's the betting we see Casey coupled with someone from MED now?  l hope they just leave Casey alone to be single for a while and give Jesse the fantastic storylines he has missed out on while he has had to play  second fiddle to Grabby, and the chance to be front and centre again. We want to see more Sevasey bromance as well.  As someone else commented, the past 4 season have been dominated by Grabby and we are glad that character is gone from the show. She was written to be horrible and the fact that she was is credit to the actress! 

• Love 2
On 11/05/2018 at 11:02 PM, LittleIggy said:

Yes they can which is what would most likely happen in REAL life  but remember this is CF and they don't really do much research about show matters or if they do they just ignore the facts and make the show look a bit silly!

• Love 1

I picked up Chicago Fire late and didn't start watching until Chicago PD started, so I think I missed the first two seasons.  Might need to go back and watch to see the whole Renee storyline.  I think Sarah Shahi is very pretty and I was rooting for her and Kelly to rekindle whatever it is they had.  I don't like that there are so many intrahouse relationships - Casey/Crabby, Kelly/Kidd, trying for Cruz/Brett (pfffft).  There's just too many.

Grissom is a snake, and the actor plays the role perfectly.  Not digging that the cliffhanger is finding out that he got the commish job.  I guess every season can't end with them trapped in a burning building and wondering who will come out alive.

• Love 1
On 5/11/2018 at 5:02 PM, LittleIggy said:

There are some in places that can't be repaired without being more dangerous than the risk of the aneurysm blowing. Usually, it's buried in the brain or something, IIRC from my MD-TV. The doc normally explains that though.

10 hours ago, belletane said:

l hope they just leave Casey alone to be single for a while and give Jesse the fantastic storylines he has missed out on while he has had to play  second fiddle to Grabby, and the chance to be front and centre again. We want to see more Sevasey bromance as well. 

Do we even know if Walker has renewed his contract? Because I'd love to see Casey in charge of the house with Severide as his second-in-command. (Does he have to be a Chief to run a house or are captains also capable?) He might not have quite the gravitas of an Eamon Walker but without Gabby maybe he can show his competence for a change.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Do we even know if Walker has renewed his contract? Because I'd love to see Casey in charge of the house with Severide as his second-in-command. (Does he have to be a Chief to run a house or are captains also capable?) He might not have quite the gravitas of an Eamon Walker but without Gabby maybe he can show his competence for a change.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Walker, Spencer and Kinney have all re-upped.

Chiefs generally don't run a single house. Battalion Chiefs are stationed in a house but are responsible for a few others in the area, with a district chief/division chief/platoon chief, depending on the terminology of the department, above them. Officers of the rank that Boden holds manage the scene upon arrival at incidents, with additional district chiefs being called on subsequent alarms for different aspect of fire command, and higher-ranking chiefs coming in as supervisors in major disasters. A Deputy District Chief like Grissom, and a District Chief would roll on a 1st or 2nd alarm working structure fire.

Keeping to our TV universe, let's say a nearby station—I think they used 60 or 66 back last year, and the rat-infested CFD Station 19 (as opposed to another Station 19 a few thousand miles west), they might have a run and need a chief, in which case Battalion 25 (Boden) would be called. If that were real-life, he would likely be called out far more often than either the truck or the heavy rescue.

Usually each piece of apparatus has a captain and senior officer, again, depending on individual departments' command structures. If Boden were to leave "51" then I could see both Severide and Casey running the ship, each as the leader of their particular company. But having a Battalion Chief in the station is a good TV decision. Harken back to Emergency!, and there was no chief in that house; it was just the Squad and Engine, with Cap't Stanley in command of the Engine. In earlier seasons, "Battalion 14" seems to have been their BC at working fires.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, greyhorse said:

I picked up Chicago Fire late and didn't start watching until Chicago PD started, so I think I missed the first two seasons.  Might need to go back and watch to see the whole Renee storyline.  I think Sarah Shahi is very pretty and I was rooting for her and Kelly to rekindle whatever it is they had.  I don't like that there are so many intrahouse relationships - Casey/Crabby, Kelly/Kidd, trying for Cruz/Brett (pfffft).  There's just too many.

Grissom is a snake, and the actor plays the role perfectly.  Not digging that the cliffhanger is finding out that he got the commish job.  I guess every season can't end with them trapped in a burning building and wondering who will come out alive.

I totally agree about the in-house relationships. I know this is TV, but they're portraying the CFD. And there is no way in hell any real-life fire chief would ever allow a couple to be stationed at the same house, let alone 3. It looks like Brett put Cruz in the friend zone. I'm hoping they stop trying to push them together and just let Brett and Antonio be together. With them being on different shows, we won't have to worry about in-house relationship drama. I don't know what the writers' deal is, but stop finding ways to keep them apart. They're good for each other.

And it's not a bad thing that the writers finally showed some originality and changed up the ending. Instead of a burning building cliffhanger, we have some drama and politics that will bleed into next year. I hope Boden exposes Grissom for falsifying his reports. He has proof. Now, he just has to use it.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Did someone say bromance?

B0B3B9C3-70AF-453B-92A1-C7DD4AED55BF.png

Yup! And this is their chance to do more Sevasey! To put Jesse and Taylor front and centre again, which is their rightful place in this show and always has been! Except that they have been swindled out of it by all the ludicrously stupid Grabby storylines! Maybe they can now get this show back on the track it was derailed from years ago!

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:59 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

She'll go to PR for 4 months, and be back for the new season

But not until she solves the island power grid problems, and gets appointed to the housing board so she can railroad a reconstruction plan through Congress, and, finally, appears in half a dozen PSA ads on national tv, urging people to vacation in Puerto Rico.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, limecoke said:

Can anyone explain why they can't FIX the dadgum aneurysm?????????

Probably because Chicago Med has already filmed all their episodes for the season, and they're the only hospital in Chicago, of course.

• Love 3