Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: One for the Ages S06.E23: The Grand Gesture

• Start Topic

There is simply not enough "shut up" in this world for Gabby, who has got to be the most odious, self-centered, clueless character on television to date.  I cannot stand this woman and the sooner the Matt character figures out what he's been lumbered with, the better. 

If I live to be 1,000 I'll never understand the disconnect between this show and its audience. Are we simply the minority here? Does everyone else who watches this show love this character and for some reason the few haters found this same forum? 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, iMonrey said:

If I live to be 1,000 I'll never understand the disconnect between this show and its audience. Are we simply the minority here? Does everyone else who watches this show love this character and for some reason the few haters found this same forum? 

I think they just prefer to stick to twitter where the 12yr olds hang out and stroke their egos. Everyone like's a good ego stroke, venture away from twitter and the Gabby hate is strong.

• Love 3
On 5/24/2018 at 1:54 PM, iMonrey said:

On 5/25/2018 at 7:35 AM, Guildford said:

I think they just prefer to stick to twitter where the 12yr olds hang out and stroke their egos. Everyone like's a good ego stroke, venture away from twitter and the Gabby hate is strong.

Back when the forums still existed on IMDb.com, the Gabby hate was strong there too.  I actually defended her for a little bit, but totally agree now.  So it's nothing new, either - people haven't liked her since the second season as far as I can tell.

• Love 3
On 5/12/2018 at 1:59 AM, NJRadioGuy said:

She'll go to PR for 4 months, and be back for the new season. I'm rooting for Zika to take hold while she's down there.

What do you think the first 6 episodes of Season 7 will be all about? Miracling Saint Gabby, and then Bayyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeeee!!! All the while Door Matt's balls go back in Gabby's lockbox on the mantel. I can't even with Severide.

Thought I read it on line that she is leaving the show permanently.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 09/06/2018 at 7:14 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

She is. I wrote that before the announcement broke. Needless to say, that news made my day.

There are zillions of show fans who also had their day made by the news! They wrote her to be so revolting people just couldnt stand her (at least those viewers who understood what was really going couldnt stand her. Those that just didnt comprehend things worshipped her!). The whole horrible Dawsey thing got the ending it truly deserved and maybe now the show can go back to being Chicago Fire and not The Dawson Show. They have wasted so much time on that horrible character, it's sad. Now is their chance to redeem the show and let's hope they don't mess it up!

Edited by belletane
  • Love 1

Agreed. And they wasted great potential. The actress is skilled at her craft and I will miss her presence in that sense, but not the character at all. There's a real issue with the lack of female and minority firefighters in the country, and the bit in season 2 when she was competing to become a firefighter was one of my favourite story lines. If they'd kept her on truck and just gave her her fair-share of romances and trials-and-tribulations that other characters went through then great. I didn't even mind her marriage to Casey on the surface. It's a plausible scenario. But the instant they started to Mary Sue her is when the show went to a five alarm mess. It was "The Dawson Show, with Matt Casey and featuring Eric Severide."

• Love 8
On 6/12/2018 at 9:22 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

Agreed. And they wasted great potential. The actress is skilled at her craft and I will miss her presence in that sense, but not the character at all. There's a real issue with the lack of female and minority firefighters in the country, and the bit in season 2 when she was competing to become a firefighter was one of my favourite story lines. If they'd kept her on truck and just gave her her fair-share of romances and trials-and-tribulations that other characters went through then great. I didn't even mind her marriage to Casey on the surface. It's a plausible scenario. But the instant they started to Mary Sue her is when the show went to a five alarm mess. It was "The Dawson Show, with Matt Casey and featuring Eric Severide."

I will kinda miss her as I was a fan in the first 2 seasons. She had potential and of course they ruined it.

How will the writers come up with the explanation for her exit?

1. Will she go down in a plane crash?

2. Meet a new guy in PR and decides to stay (sending Matt a text of her intention to divorce and wishes him well). Probably gets pregnant by this guy. Later, Antonio and/or lawyer are dispatched to the house to pick up her belongings.

3. Return to Chicago and immediately transfer to a new house (never to be heard from again).

• Love 1
On 08/07/2018 at 10:05 PM, mxc90 said:

How will the writers come up with the explanation for her exit?

1. Will she go down in a plane crash?

2. Meet a new guy in PR and decides to stay (sending Matt a text of her intention to divorce and wishes him well). Probably gets pregnant by this guy. Later, Antonio and/or lawyer are dispatched to the house to pick up her belongings.

3. Return to Chicago and immediately transfer to a new house (never to be heard from again).

Quite honestly we don't really care as long as our beloved Casey is no longer shackled to her and she never ever returns to the show! The writers ruined the Dawson character and they made her ruin Casey's character as well. Glad Dawsey is no longer and that the show might now possibly get back to how it used to be in season 1 and 2 before it became The Dawson Show. We just hope the writers and show runner don't mess it up but we don't hold out a lot of hope for that! Things could be so great for this show now if they don't mess up!

• Love 1