Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/7/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Meghan's obsession with Joy is so weird.  Every time Meghan and Joy agree on something--even on something banal like "puppies are cute"--Meghan has to announce it as if the sun has started to rise in the west. When Joy pushes back on Meghan's arguments, Meghan gets disproportionately upset ("Why is the audience clapping?!  Why does everyone hate me, the poor beleaguered Conservative?  Fine!  I just won't say anything then; pouting can move mountains!").  I believe that in the fantasy version of The View that exists in Meghan's head, the show is actually called McCain Takes Behar Down a Peg or Two.

There are times that they seem to get along just fine but as soon there's a disagreement , Meghan goes off the deep end. I don't think she fully grasps the concept that people can disagree and still be friendly to each other. When she points out that they agree I wonder if she's thinking that everyone likes Joy and I agree with her so, I can't be all that bad. Of course she has to make sure we all know it, I don't know. I'm no Dr. Phil.

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

If someone is saying things to you as in the examples you are citing, yeah, that's definitely someone passive aggressively trying to shame you and in that case, I would strongly agree that someone feeling insulted is because they were in fact insulted.

I should take "me" out of this discussion; the things I wrote were generalizations.  I'm overweight...WAY overweight, and no one* has said anything to me about what I'm eating or wearing. I also don't do that humble-order, "Oh, I shouldn't order this, but..."   

*My doctor did suggest that I lose weight.

Edited by Former Nun
Added a sentence.
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I believe that in the fantasy version of The View that exists in Meghan's head, the show is actually called McCain Takes Behar Down a Peg or Two.

The Far Right hates Joy with the fiery heat of a thousand suns. I can't tell you how many bogus petitions my right-leaning relatives have sent me to get Joy removed from the panel, or how many articles they've posted that start out "Joy Behar gets DESTROYED on The View." She is the Big Bad to the Far Right, the same way the Koch Bros. are to much of the left. So of course Meghan tries to set up adversarial opportunities between herself and Joy. It's what her audience wants. Fortunately, Meghan is pretty lame every time she tries a "gotcha moment" with just about anyone.

11 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Some people don't want to know the truth about what they are eating.  It's like thinking if I don't know this is unhealthy it won't be unhealthy.

I look at it the same way I look at abortion, and most things: Your body, your choices. It's not my job to tell anyone else what to eat. The calorie counts are there if they want to know. I personally don't eat mammals, although I don't talk about it unless someone asks. I like calorie counts on menus. It beats studying nutritional information online before I leave the house and trying to remember what I decided to order.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 15
(edited)

So we went out for Happy Hour at Ruth's Chris Steak House (it's a bargain if you don't order drinks, but we did). We definitely changed our orders based on the calorie notes. I appreciate the info -  not feeling shamed at all. Whoopi was obfuscating as usual. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 7

Hey Whoopie really does need to check her calories folks (she's a fat person who doesn't think she is fat) ...and also PLEASE stop chewing on something every time they come on air, I am sick of her eating. Jesus, you are beyond  rich, and you have PEOPLE to bring you food, have a snack before you get on camera Bitch. Also RBM, wipe that nasty lipstick off your prune mouth before you come on air, it's ugly and it is dripping with your bile. Yeah, your makeup and wardrobe people hate you. but honey look in the mirror will ya? Ok. now I am better now, whew.  Kissy to you guys. From Atlanta does not Love Megan.  I need to rename my fat ass for this site.  But I have grown fond of it, I was originally AtlantalovesKiefer....but was made shorter by the powers that be on Television Without Pity.  Oh it is cocktail time in Atlanta....I'm drinking a drink I just made up called THE SOUR PUSS.... Burp. Barf. Bye. I'm potted.

Sorry. 

• Love 9

The View is so strange. It’s the only show I know that turns boring during sweeps--largely thanks to all these scripted moments to make McCain seem less unhinged and vile. That's a losing battle for The View. Because when she isn't being her natural, awful self, she becomes robotic.

You can tell Meghan must've been screaming at everyone pre-show because of how odd they all acted when talking about North Korea and how Meghan ended the discussion with, "See, we're not hypocrites here!!! Even Joy will give Trump credit." (paraphrased) *eyeroll* About like the day she forced everyone to give Melania a tongue bath (only to have a psychotic break the very next day).

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Hey Whoopie really does need to check her calories folks (she's a fat person who doesn't think she is fat) ...and also PLEASE stop chewing on something every time they come on air, I am sick of her eating. Jesus, you are beyond  rich, and you have PEOPLE to bring you food, have a snack before you get on camera Bitch. Also RBM, wipe that nasty lipstick off your prune mouth before you come on air, it's ugly and it is dripping with your bile. Yeah, your makeup and wardrobe people hate you. but honey look in the mirror will ya? Ok. now I am better now, whew.  Kissy to you guys. From Atlanta does not Love Megan.  I need to rename my fat ass for this site.  But I have grown fond of it, I was originally AtlantalovesKiefer....but was made shorter by the powers that be on Television Without Pity.  Oh it is cocktail time in Atlanta....I'm drinking a drink I just made up called THE SOUR PUSS.... Burp. Barf. Bye. I'm potted.

Sorry. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!   Wingslovesatlantaloves! 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

You can tell Meghan must've been screaming at everyone pre-show because of how odd they all acted when talking about North Korea and how Meghan ended the discussion with, "See, we're not hypocrites here!!! Even Joy will give Trump credit." (paraphrased) *eyeroll* About like the day she forced everyone to give Melania a tongue bath (only to have a psychotic break the very next day).

Thought the same thing. And of course the Panelists are team players and complied.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Fortunately, Meghan is pretty lame every time she tries a "gotcha moment" with just about anyone.

Fortunately, Meghan is pretty lame every time she tries a "gotcha moment" with just about anyone.

OH!  Did I just quote the same line THREE times?  Mea culpa.  I meant to do it TEN!!!!

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Thought the same thing. And of course the Panelists are team players and complied.

The very top of the show Whoopi was talking everyone was listening and MM is shuffling through herblue cards.  it was so obvious she was getting ready to rage.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Orillia said:

There are times that they seem to get along just fine but as soon there's a disagreement , Meghan goes off the deep end. I don't think she fully grasps the concept that people can disagree and still be friendly to each other.

Maybe "The View" could invite her siblings on a day when Meghan isn't there.  Let's see what fun it was for them to disagree with her--as kids and today.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, geekburger said:

I have no doubt she was reprimanded after yesterday's show when she argued with Whoopi and then Sara--even when Sara was agreeing with Meghan. I imagine she broke down in tears to "her" producer about how exhausted she is and whined that the other ladies have to agree with her more!!! I wouldn't be surprised if they even put in the topic about Monica/Bill Clinton today to assuage Meghan's feelings, because that's the first I'd even heard the story.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 7
(edited)

It pains me to do this, but I liked Meghan for a brief moment today.

Aside from the shocked laugh when Whoopi suggested that since Trump is so in favor of torture and waterboarding that he give it a try, she was passionate -- and not shrill -- when she was talking about how we have to be better than that as a country.

Obviously this is something that has affected her life greatly, seeing her father live with the results of being tortured while he was a POW. But I actually liked seeing her in that brief moment. She was genuinely engaged, she didn't use her blue cards, and she didn't try to be more clever than she is. She was talking from the heart, not arguing, and I wish that Meghan showed up more often than just the few minutes she did today.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

It pains me to do this, but I liked Meghan for a brief moment today.

Aside from the shocked laugh when Whoopi suggested that since Trump is so in favor of torture and waterboarding that he give it a try, she was passionate -- and not shrill -- when she was talking about how we have to be better than that as a country.

Obviously this is something that has affected her life greatly, seeing her father live with the results of being tortured while he was a POW. But I actually liked seeing her in that brief moment. She was genuinely engaged, she didn't use her blue cards, and she didn't try to be more clever than she is. She was talking from the heart, not arguing, and I wish that Meghan showed up more often than just the few minutes she did today.

Agree, except she managed to link it to her comments yesterday when she was going off on everyone about Iran.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

could see that MM was screaming at Sarah even when Sarah was agreeing with her.  MM just could not get the comparison.  Wow.

Yes, Meghan had decided that the topic was how republicans did the best job globally, she wanted the discussion to be about foreign relations. So when Sara expanded the topic to giving a current president criticim or praise depending on how you feel about him, and referenced the economy, Meghan got pissed. She became the harsh schoolmarm, scoldingSara that the TOPIC was foreign relations!

And that is what pissed me off. Meghan goes off on tangents all the time, she is constantly trying to change the subject to what she wants it to be. But when someone else veers off the topic that she introduced, she can't handle it.

On a message board, when someone posts something that is clearly an attempt to stir things up, the person is called a troll. The best approach is to talk right past them, to respond to the person who posted before them, and ignore the troll post.  Wouldn't it be great if Joy, Sara, and Sunny could do the same? Ignore Meghan's comments, and just reply to each other? 

• Love 16
(edited)
33 minutes ago, backformore said:

On a message board, when someone posts something that is clearly an attempt to stir things up, the person is called a troll. The best approach is to talk right past them, to respond to the person who posted before them, and ignore the troll post.  Wouldn't it be great if Joy, Sara, and Sunny could do the same? Ignore Meghan's comments, and just reply to each other? 

Any time Meghan goes off on one of her rants and Sunny is  just sitting there looking at her and sipping her drink  I think of the Kermit the Frog meme of him drinking tea.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 18
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Stoned said:

WTF? I was expecting Megs to come out swinging today.Shame She got more emotional/heated over Joy's harmless Melania joke 2 weeks ago..

My thoughts exactly. She goes into a tailspin defending the Trump administration but shows some restraint when it comes to her dad today. Strange.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 16
10 minutes ago, Stoned said:

WTF? I was expecting Megs to come out swinging today.Shame She got more emotional/heated over Joy's harmless Melania joke 2 weeks ago..

I think the difference lies in having more time to think and knowing she has almost universal support.  Meghan flew off the handle on Melania's birthday and went into Lonely Conservative Victim Mode. Here, she was attacked by Conservatives and had time to process with her loved ones. I might be woefully optimistic here, but I thought that Meghan wanted to come across as measured instead of hysterical in light of the "divisive society" Hot Topic.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love Annette Benning.  Such a smart lady. She is always so casually elegant.

When she first became famous I couldn't believe she was as young as she was.  It's not that she looked older but that she carried herself with such maturity.  And she tamed the original Hollywood playboy Warren Beatty.

• Love 10
(edited)

Not on here yet but I finally caught up with the last 2 days.  It was much better reading here, as always.  What stood out is how many times Meg glances at the producer.   She is hyper alert and  constantly taking the temperature of what is happening, probably with a focus on how she is being received by the producer; he has an earpiece too. 

It smacks of a paranoid tic.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I love Annette Benning.  Such a smart lady. She is always so casually elegant.

She certainly is.  And, I really appreciate that she doesn’t have gigantic lips.

• Love 12
On 5/10/2018 at 1:32 AM, Former Nun said:

"You're going to order THAT?"   "Are you eating ALL of that?"  "Should you be wearing horizontal stripes?"  "Your face is too fat for such short hair."  "Legs like that do NOT belong in shorts."  "You should have stopped wearing that fifteen pounds ago."  "Do you know about the new Weight Watchers program?"

Mom, is that you??

On 5/10/2018 at 10:41 AM, OnTime said:

Gosh, why do they all talk at the same time??? During the Monica Lewinksy and GPS topics, all of them were yapping at once.

I had to turn it off. Enough.

It's always been that way, regardless of the hosts. Maybe if they gave them more than a few minutes to talk between commercial breaks, they would all have time to make their point. I'd prefer longer breaks so the segments weren't always cut short. 

• Love 7

I'm glad Sunny brought up that people calling the cops on black people isn't anything new. I know Whoopi likes to think she's an expert on racism, but sometimes I just side eye her, because it's always been bad. Sunny was 100% right that the only difference is that people have cameras and now everyone else is seeing what we've always known to be true.

• Love 23
(edited)
9 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:
On 5/10/2018 at 8:41 AM, OnTime said:

Gosh, why do they all talk at the same time??? During the Monica Lewinksy and GPS topics, all of them were yapping at once.

I had to turn it off. Enough.

It's always been that way, regardless of the hosts.......

One of the reasons The Talk got an emmy for best talk show and The Real for best hosts.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Orillia said:

There are times that they seem to get along just fine but as soon there's a disagreement , Meghan goes off the deep end. I don't think she fully grasps the concept that people can disagree and still be friendly to each other. When she points out that they agree I wonder if she's thinking that everyone likes Joy and I agree with her so, I can't be all that bad. Of course she has to make sure we all know it, I don't know. I'm no Dr. Phil.

I think she lets herself get worked up during the pre-show hot topics meeting.  She can't shake things off easily (neither can I) and she marches in scowling and sulking.  Personally, it would be difficult for me to sit at that table as the only one with my political opinions.  But I know my limits and would never have taken the job.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Personally, it would be difficult for me to sit at that table as the only one with my political opinions.  But I know my limits and would never have taken the job.

But the other cohosts don't attack Meghan for having different views than they do.  She however does attack them.

• Love 16
(edited)
19 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I know - nothingburger - the word DJT Jr used first.

Color me shocked by MM's comments today. And not in a good way since it was so out of character for her.

I feel that Megan was very tepid in her response, because the vile comments, came from a member of her tribe. Had it been a Democrat, who said those things, she would have been apoplectic.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24

Oh God, should I bother to watch today with my hangover?  Is Whoopie on today? If not, maybe I can deal.  I do love Annette though, she is truly beautiful and hasn't messed her face up with plastic surgery. We real women LOVE HERRRRRRRRRRRR. Oh hell, who am I kidding, I never miss this show.  Have a good weekend guys! ?

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, CynicalGirl said:

Mom, is that you??

HaHA!!!    Sadly, at 77, I still remember too many cricicisms from my mother, so I went out of my way not to do it to my kids AND YOU!  I was a skinnyminny until my 20s, so was never chided about food, eating, or size.  I disappointed her in SO MANY ways--mostly because I was the eldest of three girls and had to be "in charge" of them from the time I was nine years old.  My father had left and my mother needed to yell and criticize someone!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Personally, it would be difficult for me to sit at that table as the only one with my political opinions. 

But if Meghan could just shut up and listen, she might learn that some of her opinions are shared by some of The Ladies of the Round Table (is it round?).

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh God, should I bother to watch today with my hangover?  Is Whoopie on today? If not, maybe I can deal.  I do love Annette though, she is truly beautiful and hasn't messed her face up with plastic surgery. We real women LOVE HERRRRRRRRRRRR. Oh hell, who am I kidding, I never miss this show.  Have a good weekend guys! ?

LOL!  I responded to your potted post yesterday.   Dull show but perfect for a hangover with some Chinese delivery.  

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I feel that Megan was very tepid in her response, because the vile comments, came from a member of her tribe. Had it been a Democrat, who said those things, she would have been apoplectic.  

I agree.  Her response made no sense!  "It isn't how we die that is important it is how we live our lives."  What?!  She was trying to be profound.   Jesus

3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

But if Meghan could just shut up and listen, she might learn that some of her opinions are shared by some of The Ladies of the Round Table (is it round?).

Yes.  She is always poised to attack and doesn't listen.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 13
(edited)

I think Meggie's response was VERY SCRIPTED & not, at all, how she would respond (if allowed).  I think her Mom & the show urged her in that direction.  Meggie is NOT that benevolent!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
type
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think Meggie response was VERY SCRIPTED & not, at all, how she would respond (if allowed).  I think her Mom & the show urged her in that direction.  Meggie is NOT that benevolent!!!

Plus, they are trying to rehab her image on the show with the viewers. We cannot be the only people who see how loathsome she is..

• Love 14