Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E11: The Finish Line Is In Sight

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I could totally imagine Kellyn as being the type of "good" girl that just snaps and kills someone and while she's getting arrested and having the bloody knife taken away from her, she'd be saying something like "Naviti strong! We were one tribe! I did it for Naviti!". She'd fit in great with a cult. 

That's awesome!

I'm glad Michael is gone. I think I'm too old to appreciate his, to me, very average looks. He's ok. He didn't really do any game play.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Unpopular opinion, but I love that they did this with David's idol that caused Jay to play the fool. It showed a modicum of creativity on the part of the show, while being true to the idol's "backstory" and it made me realize what Ghost Island could have been: the "relics" but with some of their backstory in place. What if Donathan's super-idol was a two-part idol, where you had to convince someone else to play it with you, to protect only one person? What if, in order to activate the "effing stick," you had to show it to someone else and have them tell you it was fake? What if, in order for Erik's immunity necklace to work, it has to be given away to someone else?

It would demonstrate respect for the show's past and history, and would make a lot more sense (and super-fans would get a bigger kick out of it) than their hokey "this fake idol has been living on Ghost Island and grown into a real live boy idol" stories that only an 8-year old would believe.

This is so much better than what's actually happening on the show. I wish you worked for Survivor.

• Love 4
(edited)

I always like it when small details emerge about how the editors manipulate the footage we see in order to increase the drama. Such as the case with last nights immunity challenge.  If you recall it came down to a showdown between Angela and Chelsea and then a showdown between Dom and Wendell.  As it turns out there really was no showdown at all between Angela and Chelsea.  When they first show Chelsea struggling she curiously looks to the right (at Dom and Wendell) and not to the left towards Anglea. Why? Because Angela had already dropped out at that point.  As they show Angela's ball drop it is a wide camera shot and there is Chelsea not struggling at all with the ball still in the same position it was in at the start. (see 6;12 in the video below). I am curious how long she actually lasted against Wendell and Dom.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

And if it weren't for the weight loss  making her head look a little bit disproportionate, she would be a beautiful girl. 

I am beginning to wonder about the way the camera men edit the young women. If they like her, she's shown in attractive poses and cute moments, if not, she's either not shown at all, like Chelsea, or only shown the way Jenna was.  We saw Sea Bass tell  Jenna her hair smelled bad, we had endless back views of her thin soiled underpants (so often that, that's how I recognized her all season,) and last night we had a close-up of her cleaning her teeth with a stick and another of her face scrunched up being scrubbed with sand. 

Now I don't like Jenna;  Donathan told her he felt so close and friendly toward her that he was going to give her his idol and she immediately  walked away from him and called him stupid.  Not nice.  But I still think it's unfair of the camera men to film the unattractive moments that we know they all must have. The underpants situation was not Jenna's fault and even the lovely Libby must have cleaned her teeth with a stick once in while but we didn't see that. The Ponderosa crew doesn't seem in on the grudge and has instantly made Jenna much prettier and more likeable.

On the other hand, while I think it's unfair, it makes me wonder if Jenna and Chelsea have been "rude to the help.," to bring all this about.

Sorry I think the reason Jenna and Chelsea haven't received screen time is sexism. Dom, Chris and Donathan received confessional from the start of the season. There have been many examples of hateful people getting confessionals so that's no excuse.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Like, what has Sebastian contributed so far that would make him a standout?

At least one guaranteed marijuana culture pun per episode.  In this episode it was about the vote for his TC being "blunt."

• Love 5
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It doesn't matter to me whether Laurel was joking with her "no one called me pretty" comment, it was still embarrassing as hell. Maybe even more so if it was a joke because it really didn't land lol.

Strangely that joke wasn't as noticeable to me since it was her way of cutting the tension, didn't bother me nearly as much as Kellyn hamming for the camera in the middle of a tense tribal council.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LanceM said:

When they first show Chelsea struggling she curiously looks to the right (at Dom and Wendell) and not to the left towards Anglea. Why? Because Angela had already dropped out at that point. 

Err, if Angela had already dropped out, Chelsea would've been gone. She wasn't competing for the II against Dom & Wendell, just Angela. Well, her temp team had to go to tribal first, but for her, she won once Angela was gone. The rest didn't matter to her.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2018 at 8:22 PM, Haleth said:

Really. If you were Laurel or Kellyn (or anyone else for that matter) wouldn't you be worried about their obvious bromance?

Kellyn sure should be - especially she just exposed her degree of untrustworthiness at TC.

On 5/2/2018 at 8:28 PM, jay741982 said:

Why the fuck did Dom and Wendell have a dick swinging contest at IC challenge. 

Because both Dom and Wendell needed an individual immunity win on their Survivor resume, and neither had one.

21 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Yeah, you had to do a microscopic examination of it to realize it was fake (apparently the note still had Gen X tribe colors on it).

Only one problem with Donathan’s plant of the fake idol; no note.  Me, I’d have torn off the latter section of the note (detailing how this wasn’t a “real” idol) and left it with the planted fake.

• Love 1
(edited)

Do we know for sure they didn’t give him a note to plant?   

I think in the footage of the challenge they often splice in re-creation footage and that’s probably what’s up with Chelsea’s ball position there.  Like they missed Angela’s ball falling maybe so had them reshoot that part after the challenge. Good eye!  

Edited by Guest
(edited)
3 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

Err, if Angela had already dropped out, Chelsea would've been gone. She wasn't competing for the II against Dom & Wendell, just Angela. Well, her temp team had to go to tribal first, but for her, she won once Angela was gone. The rest didn't matter to her.

I have no clue about what was and wasn't edited but Chelsea did still compete against Dom & Wendell after Angela dropped out.  I don't think she lasted very long after though, probably because, like you said, it really wasn't a big deal to her if they went to TC first or last.

Edited by Rachel RSL
5 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Sorry I think the reason Jenna and Chelsea haven't received screen time is sexism. Dom, Chris and Donathan received confessional from the start of the season. There have been many examples of hateful people getting confessionals so that's no excuse.

Or they could be really boring...

Jenna's Ponderosa struck me as she was a nice person but not the most interesting or articulate. Interviews with folks seem to point to Chelsea only talking to the people in her alliance and ignoring other folks. Bradley even commented that Chelsea just did not want to engage in conversation and he is not the only one. Sebastian has not got a whole heck of a lot of confessionals. Laurel and Kellyn have had their fair share. I think the confessionals are focused on the people who are engaging and playing the game. Angela had a bunch in the episodes that she was most important, the swap episode and after Chris's ouster.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 03/05/2018 at 11:28 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dom and Wendell are my favourites, but they were really annoying me at the Immunity Challenge.  It was like this terribly acted play where they were trying to make everyone think they're not as close as they really are.  By like the fourth or fifth go of it I wanted somebody to scream ENOUGH!  WE GET IT!  As if it mattered which one of them won.

I didn't think they were acting anything. Their competitiveness was clearly friendly, IMO. 

20 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Based on the camera angle, it appeared to me that at the second TC, Dom whispered something in Wendell's ear, and then they began passionately making out.

Hee. I thought this too. There was also a scene earlier where Dom was just looking at Wendel like he was crazy in love with him. These two are a little boring but I kind of like them. Mostly Wendell. They're in control, and they're not pretending that they're not, but they're mostly not smug assholes about it, and they seem to genuinely get along.

19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really liked this season, but it's become very boring for me now that it's blatantly obvious Dom will win. I even like Dom, but watching everyone sit back and do his bidding is boring to watch. He's no Kim Spradlin!

See, I think Wendell's getting more of a winner's edit than Dom. It's a quieter edit, but he gets more nice beats. But I am pretty sure it'll be one of them. Which is fine. Better than the last couple of winners, IMO. 

11 hours ago, millennium said:

Jenna's duplicity has no bearing on Donathan's.   I don't care about Jenna one way or the other.   My favorites are already on the jury (Libby and Michael).   I'm just not a fan of holding out food to starving creatures, then snatching it away.   Donathan has done very little to justify his survival so far.   Finally, he postures as if he's going to make a big move -- an unusual move to help someone else -- then gleefully plays it for himself.   Why did he offer it to Jenna in the first place?  It served no purpose, IMO.  Other than to be mean.

I think Jenna dug her own hole. My read was that Donathan's offer was genuine, and that was his plan, but she played that woe-is-me-it's-me-I'm-not-going-to-even-try bluff at  Tribal so badly that it seemed obvious she thought she had an idol and was actually much, much too smug about it, and I wonder if that either tipped Donathan off that there may have been a double-cross, or made him worry that Naviti might switch their votes based on her performance. She played everything this episode really badly, I thought. I don't get voting for Donathan - if Naviti *were* voting for him, they didn't need her vote for it to happen. She could have kept her hands clean, either keeping him as a jury vote (if he didn't play his idol) or an ally (if he did and they both voted out a Naviti).  He looked so mad when he figured out she voted for him too. 

Unpopular opinion but I liked this episode and I liked this twist. It might have still worked out with Naviti in the majority in both "tribes", but it made the margin for idol-error much tighter. 

I don't get why Michael and Laurel voted for different people. I'm guessing Michael wanted to go Wendell (because he thought he had Kellyn on-side) and it was Laurel who switched, but I would have liked to have seen them talking. 

There are too many idols and advantages and I keep forgetting about them, which is annoying, but despite that I'm still on-board with this season. The only person left I really don't like is Kellyn, which is so rare and refreshing at this point in the game. Sebastian is still so weird and Chelsea and Angela are non-entities, but they're not awful people. I'd be happy with any of Dom/Wendell/Laurel/Donathan winning, which I did not think I'd say at the beginning of the season. 

Edited by MissEwa
  • Love 7

Actually Chelsea did have incentive to outlast Dom and Wendell because the last person standing earned the right to have their tribe go to tribal first, right?  

Speaking of idols real and fake, I think a cool but devious advantage would be to offer a past season's fake idol to the person on Ghost Island. But you won't know if the idol is real or fake until it is played. However, as an incentive to accept the idol, you would get an extra vote at the next two tribal councils.

I wish everyone a GI could have played for an advantage and that there were some devious ones to really give people hard choices.

• Love 4
On 5/2/2018 at 9:24 PM, jay741982 said:

I'd rather that F4 get broken up. This season is getting fucking boring, of fucking Course Dom and Wendell get more power and Don and Laurel just play for them. Why are these idiots not trying to break up Dom and Wendell. I'm bout to say fuck this season. 

It's getting boring but I will admit I don't mind boring if it's all people I like. I like when people really play the game, but can't stand when they get mean/nasty, whether it's to their tribesmates' faces or in confessionals (blonde that was voted out last night - I've already forgotten her name). I think Laurel was just fighting to stay in the game last night, and probably thinks she's closer to Wendell than Dom is. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. 

I liked Michael, he at least tried to play, and the way everyone seemed to sad to see him go makes me think that him seeming like a really cool kid on camera wasn't just an act and that he made friends around camp. They were right to get rid of him, much as I can't stand Kellyn.

• Love 3

Donathan didn't promise he'd play his idol for Jenna.  He said "maybe I'll play my idol for you tonight."  I don't see that he reneged on anything, and of course, she was giving him a total snow job anyway.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

And why haven't we seen much of Seabass? 

• Love 2

Another boring and obvious episode. 

The perception of Michael's great skills at this show is manufactured by the producers.  He says he has an idol and it is edited to make it seem like he is being really clever.  Saying you have an idol is the weakest hail Mary of the targeted boot.  As dom pointedly said- tell him to show it to you.  In other seasons, that move would have been edited to elicit eye rolls and laughter tat the proponent. 

I liked the one who was booted first.  She looked like a young Natasha Lyonne.  It was intriguing the way her entire body seemed to light up (she is usually dour) when she called donathon an idiot.  But not a very smart player. 

• Love 1
(edited)
54 minutes ago, BarneySays said:

He says he has an idol and it is edited to make it seem like he is being really clever.  Saying you have an idol is the weakest hail Mary of the targeted boot. 

You'd think right? And yet it seemed to work so well on Kellyn, proof that she's an idiot, as well as annoying. Because you're absolutely right - someone who has no saving grace of not being eliminated is of course going to try and pretend they have an idol. And yes, Dominick said it perfectly - ask him to show it. And yet, there was Kellyn in full on freak-out/panic mode. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

minor superficial point that has been bugging me--did I just miss previous days of Jenna going full 90s in her overall outfit? Tribal was the first time I remember her dressing up like it was 90s Day. It took me out of the moment because I kept wondering where did the long sleeves and 90s overalls come from?

• Love 2

Michael said in exit interviews that Kellyn believed him partly because he knew details of the idol Donathan found and he threw those in his story, so she found it believable.  

Yea but she never even asked to see the idol.  That being said, Michael's also an idiot for going into tribal and thinking that Wendell was being blindsided.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

minor superficial point that has been bugging me--did I just miss previous days of Jenna going full 90s in her overall outfit? Tribal was the first time I remember her dressing up like it was 90s Day. It took me out of the moment because I kept wondering where did the long sleeves and 90s overalls come from?

I remember seeing both those items before on her.  I think overalls would be a great choice on Survivor, since they'll still fit if you lose weight.  But I'd put both straps up.  :)

On her ponderosa video (spoiler tagging this, not sure if I need to):

Spoiler

when Dr. Joe asked her to take her jacket off so he could take her blood pressure, she said she didn't have a shirt or bra on underneath.  Probably drying her other clothes back at camp?

18 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Yea but she never even asked to see the idol.  That being said, Michael's also an idiot for going into tribal and thinking that Wendell was being blindsided.

at this point of the game, bluffing your way through this requires a good fake idol with a note or you can expect people not to believe you. There have been too many fakes. So for Kellyn to be that paranoid without seeing it is nuts.

• Love 1

I watched this episode and realized that even with a few episodes from the finale, I don't know who half these people are. I blame this on a few things. First, I hate this trend in the past few seasons how just as the tribes are settling in and you can see the dynamics and the personalities, they shake all the tribes up again in an episode or two. Jeez, can they try the old-school "two tribes until a merge" model again, for a lark? Second, I agree that the women contestants are getting little relative screen time, so a lot of them are blending together for me.

Plus the Ghost Island thing is dumb. This season ranks as one of the lowest for me, hovering around Thailand.

17 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

at this point of the game, bluffing your way through this requires a good fake idol with a note or you can expect people not to believe you. There have been too many fakes. So for Kellyn to be that paranoid without seeing it is nuts.

I can understand not asking to see it, if it's a case where it's important to you that the person making the claim thinks you trust them and you prefer to keep it that way.  It's a game of trust and relationships out there. 

That's why Dom was the better player, in my opinion.  He didn't alienate Michael with a confrontation that proves he distrusts him, he just weighed all the evidence and his gut instinct and read the situation correctly.  Kellyn tried that but did it poorly.  

4 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I can understand not asking to see it, if it's a case where it's important to you that the person making the claim thinks you trust them and you prefer to keep it that way.  It's a game of trust and relationships out there. 

That's why Dom was the better player, in my opinion.  He didn't alienate Michael with a confrontation that proves he distrusts him, he just weighed all the evidence and his gut instinct and read the situation correctly.  Kellyn tried that but did it poorly.  

I see your point but in Michael's position, where it is very clear he's in 100% desperation mode, he has to show it and any player with any sense would ask/require it to be shown. Otherwise you basically say "we're voting for you" and Michael (if he had an idol) has to play it to save himself. If he really had one and shows it, it becomes a game of him deciding whether he needs to play it. He may take the risk and not play it. As it was set up, it's not believable at all that he has the idol without showing.

It's different from when 2 people are talking and the "fake idol claiming person" isn't in pure desperation mode. In that setting, there is more of a building trust/showing I trust you dynamic. So I could see not asking to see it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lostmydamnmind said:

I'd rather that F4 get broken up. This season is getting fucking boring, of fucking Course Dom and Wendell get more power and Don and Laurel just play for them. Why are these idiots not trying to break up Dom and Wendell. I'm bout to say fuck this season. 

Donatham and Laurel know they aren't going to any farther in the game playing with anyone else.  I think it's smart of them to stick with Dom and Wendell for now.   The other group is Navarti strong.  No way they get any better than 5-6th, where with Dom and Wendell one of them would mostly likely make final 3.   There should be a few opportunities to get rid of one or both of them when the group gets to 5-6.   As long as one of them orchestrates a Dom and/or Wendell outster, it gives them a good argument for winning.  

• Love 7
(edited)

I didn't think they were acting anything. Their competitiveness was clearly friendly, IMO.

I didn't think they were acting either. Not at all. What I saw was two friends prodding each other, in a good-natured way. They were both laughing and smiling. I thought it was a cool scene. Same as when a group of bestest buddies play poker, and one says "I'm gonna kick all your butts and take all your money!". And then he does. But there's no resentment, 'cause that's the game. And the friendship was never in question.

Edited by mikewho
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I totally don't.  They weren't interesting people and as we saw Jenna had no real effect on the game.  Probably the same is true of Chelsea.  No sexism in not showing them at all.

Any sexism on Survivor lives in the area of casting these blank slate, 20-something, blondish types as "eye candy" only instead of casting for personality or savvy or game smarts.

And I never really saw a "hateful" person on Survivor ever but if you mean someone edited as a "villain" then of course they are going to get a lot of confessionals because drama equals entertainment since the ancient Greeks and Drama 101 says you have to have a very visible "villain" in the mix.

6 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Or they could be really boring...

Jenna's Ponderosa struck me as she was a nice person but not the most interesting or articulate. Interviews with folks seem to point to Chelsea only talking to the people in her alliance and ignoring other folks. Bradley even commented that Chelsea just did not want to engage in conversation and he is not the only one. Sebastian has not got a whole heck of a lot of confessionals. Laurel and Kellyn have had their fair share. I think the confessionals are focused on the people who are engaging and playing the game. Angela had a bunch in the episodes that she was most important, the swap episode and after Chris's ouster.

Also this.

• Love 2

I saw the Dom and Wendell immunity challenge exchange as all in good fun. Rob Has a Podcast has been discussing whether the Dom/Wendell bromance has surpassed the Stephen/JT bromance as the all time bromance in Survivor history. I didn't see anything bad in that exchange, it seemed like they were having fun. I think that they are two different personalities that work well together. Wendell has helped to keep Dom calm when Dom was most excitable, during the Chris mess. Dom has provided a good amount of insight. The two are clearly linked. I am shocked that there has not been more discussion regarding separating the two of them. I am beyond perplexed that the Naviti's have not been trying to break them up. I can only assume that Kellyn, Chelsea, and Sea Bass figure that they can use Angela to help take out Dom and Wendell when the Malolo are gone.

Interview after interview seems to point to people not seeing the Mixed Alliance although a few have commented that they could see that Wendell and Laurel were close. Des specifically mentioned trying to separate Laurel from Wendell. No one bothered asking why Des wasn't worried, and didn't try to point out to others, that Laurel told Dom about the Kellyn plan and not Wendell. That should have been a sign that Dom was tight with Laurel as well. Otherwise, Laurel should have gone to Wendell and not Dom.

I think the remaining Naviti think that they will have time to deal with Wendell and Dom before the final four and are not worried about them.

I think they are smoking crack or whatever it is that Sea Bass smuggled out there or found out there. If the interviews are to be believed, they know that Dom and Wendell have idols and yet they are doing nothing to try and flush the idols. So even if they don't know about the Mixed Alliance, the Naviti are playing stupidly.

• Love 4

Seems to indicate that she's planning to make a move on dom and Wendell but I have no idea when she plans to do so. She's had multiple chances to do so  but hasn't taken one. Maybe she wants to take out Dom but cant get to him.  But even then she's had shots. Ultimately I think that Wendell/ Dom seem to be selling others on either naviti strong/ final four, so they're either lining up soldiers or trusting in the four they have. Interviews will be interesting. 

That being said, Michael is way too dangerous to be left in the game. We've seen what happens when this type of player is allowed to stay for too long.

• Love 3
(edited)

I am not a fan of this twist. Particularly with so few people left. 

I believe the last time Ciree played she was voted out because there were so many immunity idols floating around she was the only person they could vote for. 

Had the teams sorted out differently where Donathan was with Wendall's group and someone else like Michael had won immunity they conceivably could have only been left with one person who could be voted out. That's not very exciting. 

Edited by Subrookie
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

Rob Has a Podcast has been discussing whether the Dom/Wendell bromance has surpassed the Stephen/JT bromance as the all time bromance in Survivor history.

And Stephen has said on Twitter (I think), that in order for Dom and Wendell to take the bromance crowns, they need to get to FTC, one of them win, then make a combined total of at least 3 more appearances without the other present, and completely tank all those subsequent appearances.

2 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Seems to indicate that she's planning to make a move on dom and Wendell but I have no idea when she plans to do so. She's had multiple chances to do so  but hasn't taken one. Maybe she wants to take out Dom but cant get to him.  But even then she's had shots. Ultimately I think that Wendell/ Dom seem to be selling others on either naviti strong/ final four, so they're either lining up soldiers or trusting in the four they have. Interviews will be interesting. 

While I do think that that may be one of the most honest confessionals I’ve ever seen, I also see valid strategic reasons why Laurel shouldn’t dump Dom/Wendell just yet - chief reason being Kellyn, who telegraphed long and loud with her last TC vote(s) that she considers Laurel a primary target.  Laurel is relatively powerless on her own to constrain Kellyn from lobbying an evict-Laurel agenda - but Dom and Wendell to date have had significant sway over Kellyn, and at present Laurel is definitely on D/W’s good side for spoiling the Desiree insurrection.  I strongly suspect if either Dom or Wendell (especially Dom) were to immediately depart the game, Laurel feels Kellyn would be coming after Laurel guns a-blazing.  So it’s in Laurel’s best interests to keep WenDom in the game - until Kellyn’s eviction, at least.

2 hours ago, Oscirus said:

That being said, Michael is way too dangerous to be left in the game. We've seen what happens when this type of player is allowed to stay for too long.

Not gonna see it THIS time around.  ;)

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Interviews with folks seem to point to Chelsea only talking to the people in her alliance and ignoring other folks. 

I've seen it mentioned on here that either the exit interviews or extra vids are revealing that Chelsea has some great bond with Donathan, which kinda goes against this. So which is it?

10 hours ago, MissEwa said:

See, I think Wendell's getting more of a winner's edit than Dom. It's a quieter edit, but he gets more nice beats. But I am pretty sure it'll be one of them.

Dom is getting way more confessionals than anyone else and usually the person with the most confessionals wins. There are exceptions, but not many lately. Though I suppose Wendell could surpass Dom in the next couple eps. He's actually 3rd in confessionals now though, so I doubt it.

I don't get why Michael and Laurel voted for different people. I'm guessing Michael wanted to go Wendell (because he thought he had Kellyn on-side) and it was Laurel who switched, but I would have liked to have seen them talking. 

Yea, I assume Laurel just didn't wanna go for Wendell. Why didn't Michael just switch to Kellyn then though? It ultimately wouldn't matter, but still. This is why Naviti has been able to steamroll Mawhatever. 

4 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Seems to indicate that she's planning to make a move on dom and Wendell but I have no idea when she plans to do so. She's had multiple chances to do so  but hasn't taken one. Maybe she wants to take out Dom but cant get to him.  But even then she's had shots.

Whoever compared her to Sierra with the eyebrows was right.

2 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Stephen wishes he was this cute.  

2018-05-04_12-39-13.jpg

GAH! I wanna hate them because they're boringly running the game, but they are adorable. Also, this is what I was referring to in my earlier post about their flirting. Dom was laying it on thick here lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Dom was laying it on think here lol.

This scene kept cutting to a Dom confessional where he was saying he'd cut Wendell if he had to, so you may be right, but it is such a 'get a man who looks at you like...' moment. 

• Love 4
(edited)
36 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've seen it mentioned on here that either the exit interviews or extra vids are revealing that Chelsea has some great bond with Donathan, which kinda goes against this. So which is it?

Jenna mentions in her exit interviews that Donathon was always hanging out with both Chelsea and Angela. In her secret scene last night Chelsea said that voting out Jenna was an easy choice because she has an alliance with Donathon.  As far as what Bradley said he mentioned that he talked with Chelsea everyday but it wasn't until day 17 or so that they had what he called a "real conversation". This goes along with with Stephanie said which was that Chelsea is kind of reserved and that she doesn't open up to too many people though she did with Steph and Brendan .  Libby has also mentioned being pretty close to Chelsea which was why that vote stung her the most. So yes Chelsea does talk and build bonds with other Malolos just not all of them. unlike Laurel she doesn't appear to have the gift or patience to open up to people she didn't like, such as Bradley and Jenna.

Edited by LanceM
(edited)

Has Laurel opened up to anyone but Dom, Wendell, and Donathan? I don't recall her having much of a bond with anyone else. But they haven't shown any of Donathan's other bonds so maybe they're hiding Laurel's, too. 

Edited by peachmangosteen

Well, I'm glad that you all cleared up that it was Jenna who complained about no hugs, because for some reason I thought it was Desiree.  Which actually makes more sense as a complaint, because the huggers were there when Desiree was voted out, but none of them were there when Jenna was voted out!  So why would she expect a different group--the other half-tribe--to have behaved the same as the huggers, necessarily!  Eh.

I think Dom is looking better and better (by that I mean looking) and the screen grabs above are what I mean.  Adorable.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

While I do think that that may be one of the most honest confessionals I’ve ever seen, I also see valid strategic reasons why Laurel shouldn’t dump Dom/Wendell just yet - chief reason being Kellyn, who telegraphed long and loud with her last TC vote(s) that she considers Laurel a primary target.  Laurel is relatively powerless on her own to constrain Kellyn from lobbying an evict-Laurel agenda - but Dom and Wendell to date have had significant sway over Kellyn, and at present Laurel is definitely on D/W’s good side for spoiling the Desiree insurrection.  I strongly suspect if either Dom or Wendell (especially Dom) were to immediately depart the game, Laurel feels Kellyn would be coming after Laurel guns a-blazing.  So it’s in Laurel’s best interests to keep WenDom in the game - until Kellyn’s eviction, at least.

Problem with that is she could've booted Kellyn two tribals back and dom/Wendell would've still needed her. Conventional wisdom says that your power shifts happen at the odd numbered tribals. Assuming that nobody blindsides/ forces them to use their idols till the five that's one more tribal she has to start working on it. She better target Kellyn next

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Speaking of idols real and fake, I think a cool but devious advantage would be to offer a past season's fake idol to the person on Ghost Island. But you won't know if the idol is real or fake until it is played. However, as an incentive to accept the idol, you would get an extra vote at the next two tribal councils.

I wish everyone a GI could have played for an advantage and that there were some devious ones to really give people hard choices.

I think everyone should have been able to play for an advantage but I wish it wasn't random chance if you got it.  I think a better way could be puzzles they have used previously, and they have to beat the time of the person who solved the puzzle to get immunity.  Or something similar, make it a game of skill rather than chance

• Love 2
On 5/2/2018 at 9:15 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Hmmm... didn't notice her face actually, I was distracted.

Ha!

On 5/3/2018 at 7:58 AM, Xcptnl said:

Donathan did not waste his idol.    

If he'd kept it in his pocket, he'd still be safe. He only got one vote, Jenna got three.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:01 AM, fishcakes said:

I'm glad that Donathan stayed over Jenna, but I did feel a little bad for her when she watched everyone giving Michael so much respect and she noted that no one hugged her. She had that confessional early on where she said she was socially awkward and had a bitch face and she was trying to overcome that in the game, which is roughly like couples on the brink of divorce who think going on The Amazing Race together is a good idea. If you're the perpetual outsider, then Survivor must be torture, and she looked genuinely hurt after she got voted out, like, "oh great, here's another place where no one likes me!" I'm sure a lot of people feel that way immediately after getting voted out, but we don't necessarily see it. 

Her attitude toward Donathan went right along with her RBF.

On 5/3/2018 at 12:07 PM, JudyObscure said:

I was more embarrassed for Kellyn  drooling over Michael, and Michael having to hear that just then when he was nervous about going home.  I think when most young men hear that sort of thing from women they aren't into, they have no idea how to respond.

Jokingly, i told my son, "He should tell her I'm only 18, you predator." We had a laugh when two second later he responded to Jeff's question with, "there are predators among us."

20 hours ago, green said:

Any sexism on Survivor lives in the area of casting these blank slate, 20-something, blondish types as "eye candy" only instead of casting for personality or savvy or game smarts.

And the women have to compete in their bras, be it  dragging themselves in the sand, fighting for  a ball,  or stretching to catch something, all of which can, and have, caused boobage to slip out.

• Love 2
On 5/4/2018 at 3:29 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I assume Laurel just didn't wanna go for Wendell. Why didn't Michael just switch to Kellyn then though? It ultimately wouldn't matter, but still. This is why Naviti has been able to steamroll Mawhatever. 

In an interview, Michael explained his reasoning for voting for Wendell (https://parade.com/667428/mikebloom/survivor-ghost-island-michael-yerger-discusses-his-eighteen-lives-in-the-game/):

"We saw on the way out that you had voted for Wendell. Was that part of a plan you had formulated going into that Tribal Council?
So talking with Kellyn, she believed my lie about the idol. I was a little surprised, honestly, that she ate it up that much. But we had discussed whether we should target one of the guys or go for Laurel. I think she threw it out to Dom and Wendell and were not super perceptive to voting out Laurel. I know that worried Kellyn because, obviously, that was a red flag for her. So I worked with Laurel, and she was great pretending like she was on the bottom with me as one of the Malolo. I was really tricked by Laurel, thinking she was willing to work with us. Going into Tribal, it was my understanding that me, Kellyn and Laurel were all working together to vote out Wendell as a blindside. I really thought Kellyn knew she could potentially be next if she didn’t make a move now, and same with Laurel. So I thought they were smarter than that [and would] want to make a move when they could while they had me around. Of course, it’s frustrating seeing that I was one vote from staying in the game if I put my vote on Laurel, but it was how the cookie crumbled."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

In an interview, Michael explained his reasoning for voting for Wendell (https://parade.com/667428/mikebloom/survivor-ghost-island-michael-yerger-discusses-his-eighteen-lives-in-the-game/):

"We saw on the way out that you had voted for Wendell. Was that part of a plan you had formulated going into that Tribal Council?
So talking with Kellyn, she believed my lie about the idol. I was a little surprised, honestly, that she ate it up that much. But we had discussed whether we should target one of the guys or go for Laurel. I think she threw it out to Dom and Wendell and were not super perceptive to voting out Laurel. I know that worried Kellyn because, obviously, that was a red flag for her. So I worked with Laurel, and she was great pretending like she was on the bottom with me as one of the Malolo. I was really tricked by Laurel, thinking she was willing to work with us. Going into Tribal, it was my understanding that me, Kellyn and Laurel were all working together to vote out Wendell as a blindside. I really thought Kellyn knew she could potentially be next if she didn’t make a move now, and same with Laurel. So I thought they were smarter than that [and would] want to make a move when they could while they had me around. Of course, it’s frustrating seeing that I was one vote from staying in the game if I put my vote on Laurel, but it was how the cookie crumbled."

This is why I call Michael overrated.  He targeted Wendell without having them both in the same place agreeing to that plan? I mean Laurel wasn't going to do that anyway, but still, is he serious with that?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oscirus said:

This is why I call Michael overrated.  He targeted Wendell without having them both in the same place agreeing to that plan? I mean Laurel wasn't going to do that anyway, but still, is he serious with that?

I agree that Michael is way overrated. Except, for the 18 years old storyline I never understood all the hype. Okay, he’s good looking but he used his idol incorrectly, sucked at challenges & he voted for Wendell? Overall, a nice kid but way overrated in my Survivor book. IMO!

• Love 2