Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: The Day Reagan Was Shot

Screen+Shot+2018-04-26+at+6.55.16+AM+%25

The Time Team travels back to 1981 Washington D.C. on the day President Reagan was shot, only to discover that the Sleeper’s target isn’t the President – but a young rookie police office – none other than Agent Christopher, who brought the time team together and kept the Lifeboat from getting into Rittenhouse’s hands. The Time Team must save Agent Christopher’s life and prevent her from making a mistake that set her on a different path that would forever change her own future, the future of the team -- and the future of the world.

Promos

• Love 1

Interesting twist that Christopher is the Rittenhouse target, but Shakina Jaffrey looks too young to have been even a rookie police officer in 1981 (she was 19). On the other hand, I thought Abigail Spencer was really close to 40, and was surprised to see she was born in 1981. Not that she looks old, just mature, so I was surprised that Lucy was able to travel back to 1981. Although come to think of it I believe she has gone back to he 80s before. 

I would love for the show to be brave & kill off Christopher in 1981 or have her choose a different path to see what changes in 2018, but I like the character & the actress too much. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

Interesting twist that Christopher is the Rittenhouse target, but Shakina Jaffrey looks too young to have been even a rookie police officer in 1981 (she was 19). On the other hand, I thought Abigail Spencer was really close to 40, and was surprised to see she was born in 1981. Not that she looks old, just mature, so I was surprised that Lucy was able to travel back to 1981. Although come to think of it I believe she has gone back to he 80s before. 

Nope.  Lucy's never been to back the 80s before.  The last time the show went to that era was when Wyatt and Rufus stole the lifeboat and went back to 1983 in order to prevent Jessica's presumed killer from being born.  Lucy couldn't go on that trip because she was too old and also because Wyatt needed her to stay behind to cover for him with Agent Christopher (the plan was for her to delay telling Agent Christopher about Wyatt and Rufus' unauthorized trip until after the fact, so that Lucy would have plausible deniability by being able to say that she knew nothing about their plan until it was too late to stop them).

• Love 1
(edited)
Spoiler

Spoilers for Tonight

Spoilers

As usual - amazing guest casting. The actress that played young Denise was perfect. Very sweet, then confused, and eventually accepting of everything. Props to Sanika for playing her vulnerability as well. Loved the greeting that she gave the team when they returned.

I loved Flynn's speech to her as well.............and have to give it up for Matt Lanter for that AWESOME backflip in the elevator during the fight scene.

Very sad though, that I don't even think Wyatt and Lucy spoke to each other in this episode.

And............I just can't with that last scene. It was PAINFUL. My Lyatt heart is slowly cracking. They are further apart now then they've ever been. Guess I'll just appreciate the time they had in the Hollywood episode.

Two part finale next week - a lot to wrap up. Just a reminder that Matt tweeted it will be at 9:00 pm NOT 10:00 pm

Edited by Glambert123
  • Love 5
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Glambert123 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoilers for Tonight

As usual - amazing guest casting. The actress that played young Denise was perfect. Very sweet, then confused, and eventually accepting of everything. Props to Sanika for playing her vulnerability as well. Loved the greeting that she gave the team when they returned.

That's hardly surprising. That's none other than Karen David, and those of us know her from Galavant and Once Upon a Time have a saying, "Karen David always makes everything better."

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Glambert123 said:

I haven't seen either of those shows - but she's a great actress. A natural - and really shone in this one :)

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I've seen her in the other shows I mentioned, and yes, she's just that good.  One thing that this show consistently gets right is its casting -- it never ceases to amaze me how spot-on it is!

• Love 2

My favorite episode yet. They are finally hitting their stride and it's almost over. I really don't want it to be cancelled. I was not sure I cared anymore, but the past few episodes have been great, and each one better than the one before it.

I love that Lucy is probably the most badass one of them all, and she and Jiya make an awesome team.

• Love 18
On 5/2/2018 at 7:13 AM, shapeshifter said:

It's the big glasses. Hillary Clinton and I had them too.

Oh yeah, I had those glasses!  I just looked at a pic of myself from that era -- I had already cut my "Farrah-hair" short, but I sure had the big glasses.

• Love 3

I loved the interaction with young Agent Christopher. As everyone else has said, the casting has been great. And having Lucy and Jiya be the ones to talk to her was a great choice. Wyatt and Rufus's story seemed almost like an afterthought. 

But I have to ask. Did every law enforcement character on TV pick their job because they had a parent killed violently? 

In last year's finale, when Lucy asked about the journal Flynn said she aged very well. Now he is saying it is five years from now? That doesn't really seem to fit. Unless it is much farther in the future and she just only looked five years older.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I loved the interaction with young Agent Christopher. As everyone else has said, the casting has been great. And having Lucy and Jiya be the ones to talk to her was a great choice. Wyatt and Rufus's story seemed almost like an afterthought. 

But I have to ask. Did every law enforcement character on TV pick their job because they had a parent killed violently? 

In last year's finale, when Lucy asked about the journal Flynn said she aged very well. Now he is saying it is five years from now? That doesn't really seem to fit. Unless it is much farther in the future and she just only looked five years older.

Or it was just a rough five years for Lucy!

• Love 1
(edited)

I love that we got to know so much more about Agent Christopher, from her family to why to she became a cop. Every scene with Lucy, Jiya, and young Denise was great. Lucy and Jiya as Cagney and Lacey! Cutting it close with the pop culture references, there Jiya. The scene where they show her what her family will be in the future was perfect. The USB Agent Christopher gave Lucy last season finally came in handy. And Wyatt and Rufus with the save, just in the nick of time. I'm so glad everything worked out; I was legitimately worried her family would end up being erased from history. 

There's no way Jessica is actually pregnant. She's just trying to divert Wyatt's attention because he was on to her. 

I'm not sure I buy Flynn's story about the journal, either. It just seems too easy somehow. There's got to be more to it. But it would mean that within the next five years, they figure out how to travel back to a time they already exist without bad things happening. 

Edited by phalange
  • Love 3

There was a HUGE problem with lesbian characters being killed on TV shows WILDLY out of proportion to how many lesbian characters there were in the first place, and also WILDLY out of proportion compared to the rate of killing off of other types of people, and it was widely publicized and I was really afraid they were going to go and do it again here, and I was sooo relieved they didn't.

Also very relieved that Rufus stopped being so awful to Jiya and that they are going to be a team again, and she isn't going to be sidelined.

The show really waited too long to make good use of the characters, and to advance the story. Once they actually did it, it's been great. It's weird that they had the potential to write well and didn't do so sooner.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, phalange said:

I love that we got to know so much more about Agent Christopher, from her family to why to she became a cop. Every scene with Lucy, Jiya, and young Denise was great. Lucy and Jiya as Cagney and Lacey! Cutting it close with the pop culture references, there Jiya. The scene where they show her what her family will be in the future was perfect. The USB Agent Christopher gave Lucy last season finally came in handy. And Wyatt and Rufus with the save, just in the nick of time. I'm so glad everything worked out; I was legitimately worried her family would end up being erased from history. 

There's no way Jessica is actually pregnant. She's just trying to divert Wyatt's attention because he was on to her. 

I'm not sure I buy Flynn's story about the journal, either. It just seems too easy somehow. There's got to be more to it. But it would mean that within the next five years, they figure out how to travel back to a time they already exist without bad things happening. 

I was thinking if Lucy went back in time and history changed to where she didn't exist, would she then be able to go back in time to 2016?

Also, if Agent Christopher didn't exist and Lucy wasn't recruited, wouldn't her mother be dying again? No Lucy means no journal which means no Flynn finding the mothership. Did Carol sign off on this plan?

• Love 1

The writing this season has been markedly better than last season--particularly from the Kennedy episode onward. I'm guessing they have some new writers on staff. Tonight's was really great. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, ketose said:

I was thinking if Lucy went back in time and history changed to where she didn't exist, would she then be able to go back in time to 2016?

That's interesting. I assume so, since she wouldn't be doubling back on her own timeline that way. But it would mean that the only people who would know her in the present would be whoever was with her in the past when she changed those events.

38 minutes ago, ketose said:

Also, if Agent Christopher didn't exist and Lucy wasn't recruited, wouldn't her mother be dying again? No Lucy means no journal which means no Flynn finding the mothership. Did Carol sign off on this plan?

That's a good point. Lucy not being recruited would mean Amy would still exist and Carol would be sick just as it was originally. Maybe Carol didn't know about Agent Christopher being the target this time? Cause yeah, I can't imagine her being okay with this.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

That's hardly surprising. That's none other than Karen David, and those of us know her from Galavant and Once Upon a Time have a saying, "Karen David always makes everything better."

It was bugging me the whole time - me trying to figure out who she was!

I loved Galavant.

This was a great episode and as always, the casting was great. The guy they cast for Hinckley actually looked like him - even though he was only on screen for a few minutes.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bros402 said:

I loved Galavant.
This was a great episode and as always, the casting was great. The guy they cast for Hinckley actually looked like him - even though he was only on screen for a few minutes.

Me too. Really bought her as a young agent Christopher.

Ok I had to burst into laughter at Lucy hitting on Agent Christopher and her and Jiya as lovers.  When Rufus and Wyatt discovered the rittenhouse guy hanged... why did they think it suicide? I immediately thought it was Rittenhouse either via time travel or another sleeper.  

I liked the reveal that at some point it is possible for them to go back to where they already exist. Since we now have four seats in the pod it seems possible that time travel will continue to improve. 

Flynn is growing on me. But I did have to agree with Agent Christopher... if she died it would have been pointless. 

Rittenhouse is kind of stupid... instead of killing Christopher they could have turned her to Rittenhouse's side. That would have really changed things. 

So did Christopher pick Wyatt and Lucy specifically now because she knew them? 

Help me figure out Jessica... don't get it.. even if she is rittenhouse she should know about her brother in this time line?  Did perhaps Rittenhouse pay for the treatment to cure him and that is why she is lying about it? I don't believe she is pregnant but wouldn't be surprised if Lucy had that revelation soon. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, The Wild Sow said:

I think that's the point!

Odd that she wasn't ready for that question though... seems weird that she was so obvious. 

1 hour ago, BooBear said:

Apparently. Which either means the show had a "bible" from the start, or this season's writers should get an award for Most Excellent Avoidance of Retcons. 
I can't think of a way for 2018 Christopher to mention the moment when she realized Jiya and Lucy were not a couple, and I guess the writers figured it would be too awkward to do in just a few lines.

• Love 2

Loved this episode. So cool learning more about Agent Christopher's background. And I liked the throwback Rufus-Wyatt team-up.

Jiya and Lucy's partnership was also cool (I was living for their 80s looks!)

And I liked Flynn's heart-to-heart with Agent Christopher.

The Jessica story remains a snore for me.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, The Wild Sow said:

2 hours ago, BooBear said:

Did perhaps Rittenhouse pay for the treatment to cure him and that is why she is lying about it?

I think that's the point!

2 hours ago, BooBear said:

Odd that she wasn't ready for that question though... seems weird that she was so obvious. 

It's always like that. Either the "guest star" really is clueless about the back plot, or isn't a good enough actor to have a permanent role, or is directed to give away the henchpeople's plans with a clueless response.

3 hours ago, BooBear said:

Rittenhouse is kind of stupid... instead of killing Christopher they could have turned her to Rittenhouse's side. That would have really changed things. 

Eh, they're anti women's rights, they are very white for the most part, to the point where you might call racism. Sure we've seen a couple black sleeper agents, but the higher ups have all been old white men and their wives. Would not be surprised if they were anti-LGBTQA rights. I mean they are anti-rights in general since they are trying to set up a dictatorship masquerading as a democracy.

They might have a hard time turning an Indian lesbian.

It's also much easier to just delete her from the timeline. A bullet to the head is 100% effective, turning her may or may not take. 

• Love 7
(edited)

When they were showing Christopher at home spending her (possibly) last minutes with her family, and the assassin setting up the shot, I couldn't tell if they were implying he had gone back to 2018 and decided to kill her in the present time, or if it was alternating between timelines. I know that it's better for Rittenhouse to kill her int he past to prevent the resistance from growing, but they keep failing in the past, so I also thought maybe they decided to just go for the present day revenge killing method, and install moles in the current day resistance.

I also wondered what would happen if they did kill her in the past while she was with her 2018 family. Were they going to show us the  moment of disappearance and the erasing and rewriting of history in some kind of time lapse flashback/forward montage?

But I wound up fine with the straight-forward way the went with it. Less gimmicky and more character-developy. Cool.

If Jessica is pregnant, it's going to be used as an excuse to not kill her. It will force the team to keep her around, alive, and for Wyatt to be conflicted because now he's got a baby from someone who betrayed him and is Rittenhouse stock. It will also mean he'll try to get back with Lucy. I don't really expect them to do a good job of handling this in the limited time this season, so either they know they're cancelled and will do a shoddy wrap up or they don't know for sue and will leave us with cliffhangers. Just when it got super interesting, they pull another soap trope!

I love the idea that they are going to be able to go back and forth without regard to birthdate, and also that maybe they will defeat Rittenhouse and in a future season (should we be so lucky) they will not be fighting some conspiracy but will actually be trying to solve more mundane problems,  or "do research" or find ways to make good use of Jiya's visions, time jump safely despite age and date, and then just having adventures of various kinds. They can still have actiony adventures and suspense just from the nature of time travel; it doesn't have to be about a shadow government trying to take over the world. It could be much smaller but still important kinds of things.

It does seem like they've been hinting at other possibilities for the show, so on some level the writers haven't given up.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BooBear said:

This could be a situation like with the sleeper tonight where Jessica and her family were given things but what they'd have to do to make up for it wasn't fully explained. Jessica might not yet know what Rittenhouse expects from her in return from them completely fixing up her life.

5 hours ago, BooBear said:

I assume so - after Wyatt saved her at the shooting, and we realize who she is, my first thought was "So that's why she picked him!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I love the idea that they are going to be able to go back and forth without regard to birthdate, and also that maybe they will defeat Rittenhouse and in a future season (should we be so lucky) they will not be fighting some conspiracy but will actually be trying to solve more mundane problems, 

It seems to me they wrote the finale. They have to keep the show around long enough for the technology to be invented, then Lucy sends Flynn on his journey, which leads to the eventual discovery of the technology that allows time travel when you are alive and once that is done... Final scene... Lucy goes back in time to before her sister was taken and blows up the mother ship.. setting the entire series back pre-pilot and our timeline. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Maximum Taco said:

Would not be surprised if they were anti-LGBTQA rights.

What's with the last letter there? I know the "Q" was added for esthetic effect, but the last "A?"

The "You have to become a Lesbian" plotline was interesting, to say the least..."

This show keeps getting better. While I can't follow all the back-and-forth-in-time rules, I still enjoy it without thinking about the facts (since time travel has different rules in different shows) too much. I liked Agent Christopher's story. I guess I don't pay too much attention but I didn't know she was married or had kids or is lesbian. My bigger question is, why does she get to go home whenever she wants while no one else can leave the bunker?

She should bring back some nice Rustoleum in bright colors so people could paint those depressing bunker walls.

As soon as Lucy said "Cagney and Lacey," I looked up its premiere date. It was about seven months later, whew, although the show is so good with history I couldn't imagine they would let a mistake like that get by. Plus too funny Christopher called them that when they came back.

Loved Jiya getting all 80s with the stuff she swiped from the store. Will she show up later wearing that "awesome" blue eye shadow?

Rittenhouse could have taken Jessica's brother to the future to be healed. Can these guys go forward in time? At least they could have brought him back to 2018. You know, when time travel is possible. Although why not cure Lucy's mom that way? Or did something in the past cure Lucy's mom since she's not dying any more? In any case, I'm glad we got no Grandpa Rittenhouse this week. He was NOT missed.

If Wyatt and Rufus left the Rittenhouse agent tied to that pillar, how did he hang himself? Not that it matters I guess.

Hooray for Wyatt finally saving someone, and it turned out to be Agent Christopher. That was a great twist to a great episode overall.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BooBear said:

In the new timeline created by the events of this episode, but I don't think that would have been the case in the timeline that existed before the time travel of this episode. This show hasn't been doing closed time loops, where it turns out that things happened this way because of the time travel, and it's always been this way but we're only now learning why it's this way. They've been changing history. So, in Timeline A, we aren't really sure why Lucy and Wyatt were picked. Lucy had the Rittenhouse ties, which may have had something to do with it. Wyatt seems to have volunteered for a potential suicide mission. Agent Christopher was estranged from her family over her career and her marriage, but still pursued her career and followed her heart for marriage. In Timeline B, created by this trip, Wyatt saves Agent Christopher's life and Lucy and Jiya help her come to terms with what she wants out of life. As a result, she's never estranged from her mother and she makes a point of choosing Wyatt and Lucy for the mission because she knows the impact they've had on her life.

I liked how Timeline B Christopher was subtly different from the character we've known all along. She seemed much more open and happy. Her eyes were brighter and she seemed less strained. I think they changed her makeup a bit, too.

• Love 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Notwisconsin said:

What's with the last letter there? I know the "Q" was added for esthetic effect, but the last "A?"

The "You have to become a Lesbian" plotline was interesting, to say the least..."

Asexual.

Don't ask me what kind of rights the asexuals are looking for, you'd think they'd be fairly self sufficient. I guess they just don't want to be discriminated against if they choose to proudly declare their asexuality.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 1

I know that the sleeper agent had to go after Agent Christopher in 1981 so the show could tie it to a historical event, but wouldn’t it have made more sense tactically to kill her when her father was killed? Maybe have a sleeper do the carjacking instead of the original culprit.

Was it just me, or did Agent Christopher have a more discernible Indian accent when the team returned to 2018?

Can’t say I’m surprised they’ll find a way to travel back after their birth dates. That will open up new possibilities plot-wise.

I like how the writers seemed to anticipate the fans’ fact-checking on things like the Cagney & Lacey premiere and Lucy supposedly traveling back to meet Flynn.

• Love 2

In the new timeline created by the events of this episode, but I don't think that would have been the case in the timeline that existed before the time travel of this episode. This show hasn't been doing closed time loops, where it turns out that things happened this way because of the time travel, and it's always been this way but we're only now learning why it's this way. They've been changing history. So, in Timeline A, we aren't really sure why Lucy and Wyatt were picked. Lucy had the Rittenhouse ties, which may have had something to do with it. Wyatt seems to have volunteered for a potential suicide mission. Agent Christopher was estranged from her family over her career and her marriage, but still pursued her career and followed her heart for marriage. In Timeline B, created by this trip, Wyatt saves Agent Christopher's life and Lucy and Jiya help her come to terms with what she wants out of life. As a result, she's never estranged from her mother and she makes a point of choosing Wyatt and Lucy for the mission because she knows the impact they've had on her life.

That's my read on it as well. I think it might have been interesting to learn that Denise has known this day would come for the last 37 years, but the way it was played, she was clearly worried about the outcome of this trip. If she already knew how it would turn out, she wouldn't have had a care in the world. Plus, they made a point of telling/showing us she was estranged from her mother, more or less, before the trip back in time, and that afterwards her relationship with her mother was much better. So they did change history by making that trip and reaching out to her. 

It makes a TON more sense for Wyatt and Lucy to have been chosen for these missions, though, if Denise knew all along she needed them to save her life because both were kind of a questionable choices. Wyatt in particular failed repeatedly in his mission to take out Flynn throughout the first season. It sure would explain a lot. Perhaps in the original timeline, fate lent a hand in putting Lucy and Wyatt on the team.

As critical of this show as I usually am I really enjoyed this episode. I like when they play around with the formula a little bit and I enjoyed the idea of meeting a younger version of one of our regular characters, then revealing the truth about time travel to same. It made sense that Lucy would have the thumb drive in the lifeboat, because if she left it behind and Denise or her family were wiped out, the thumb drive would be too. Plus the casting for Young Denise was spot-on, and Lucy and Jiya pretending to be a couple was hilarious.

When Jiya said "Cagney and Lacy," an alarm bell went off in my head because I knew that show aired in the 80s and I had to look it up. Sure enough, it debuted in 1981, but seven months after the attempt on Reagan's life. I liked that Lucy pointed that out to Jiya later in the episode.

One thing I seemed to have missed, however: what happened to Hinkley in this timeline? I remember he cut himself to get into the hospital so he could take another crack at Reagan but I don't remember what happened after that. Did Wyatt and Rufus take him down? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

One thing I seemed to have missed, however: what happened to Hinkley in this timeline? I remember he cut himself to get into the hospital so he could take another crack at Reagan but I don't remember what happened after that. Did Wyatt and Rufus take him down? 

Denise was tipped off by Cagney and Lacey, and the cops by Denise, that Hinkley was at the hospital emergency room. That scene ended with one of the cops, pistol drawn, entering the ER room where Hinkley was sitting. So it was assumed he was busted there. I think/hope Denise got credit for it, and maybe that helped her get promoted.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

It makes a TON more sense for Wyatt and Lucy to have been chosen for these missions, though, if Denise knew all along she needed them to save her life because both were kind of a questionable choices. Wyatt in particular failed repeatedly in his mission to take out Flynn throughout the first season. It sure would explain a lot. Perhaps in the original timeline, fate lent a hand in putting Lucy and Wyatt on the team.

I think Mason had Rittenhouse ties first season before everyone knew how bad they were.  It was kinda implied that Lucy was chosen because her birth father wanted her on the team.  I remember either Rufus or Mason questioning him about why Lucy was so important.  It was before everyone knew he was Lucy's dad.  

17 hours ago, phalange said:

That's a good point. Lucy not being recruited would mean Amy would still exist and Carol would be sick just as it was originally. Maybe Carol didn't know about Agent Christopher being the target this time? Cause yeah, I can't imagine her being okay with this.

Carol stopped being sick because she never married Amy's dad and picked up smoking. History was changed back in the 1930s so that Amy's dad married someone who survived the Oldenburg. Any change made in 1981 wouldn't undo that. And if Lucy wasn't recruited, someone else would have been, so they still would have messed with the Hindenburg and affected Carol's timeline.

Maybe Carol wanted Lucy erased from existence because then she wouldn't have to deal with the guilt of needing to kill her daughter.

4 hours ago, AV8n said:

Was it just me, or did Agent Christopher have a more discernible Indian accent when the team returned to 2018?

More time around her mother?

• Love 1
(edited)

Was that an AMC Pacer that the second sleeper drove to Christopher's house?  If so, Rittenhouse may be evil, but they have a great sense of humor.

Does Rittenhouse train its sleepers in martial arts before their assignments?  Because the first sleeper sure kicked ass, for a while at least in that elevator, even if one of his opponents was Wyatt.

The entire sleeper project seems very inefficient to me.  Why rely on just one (in this case two) sleepers to get a job done?  Insert sleepers all along a lifeline and kill your target at the next opportunity.

Why does Agent Christopher go home to a nice house and family each night, if the rest of the team is stuck in the bunker?  Her whereabouts would be easily determined, and RH could easily find the bunker from there?

Edited by Dowel Jones
To remove a blunder
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Why does Agent Christopher go home to a nice house and family each night, if the rest of the team is stuck in the bunker?  Her whereabouts would be easily determined, and RH could easily find the bunker from there?

That seems to be a plot hole.  But perhaps because she does still have to be a department of homeland security agent she has to leave the bunker for other reasons and thus she is the only one who can - even though it is a risk. 

I thought it was a nice touch for Wyatt to finally save someone and have it be her completely inadvertently.

I think the thinking was that killing her in the fracas of the Regan shooting would be less noticeable and easier.  No one, within the time line, would ask questions. Perhaps as a child it would have been easier but there could have been anger over a child getting killed. (or even some in Rittenhouse objecting to killing a child). 

• Love 2

In the 60s and early 70s there was a time travel trope about a thing, or occasionally a person, that exists in a closed timeloop and so has no origin.

In this case it's the thumbdrive. Denise gave it to Lucy, but she'd gotten from her years ago. Where did it come from?

• Love 3
21 hours ago, phalange said:

I can just see her on the phone with Rittenhouse now: "You'd better have a way to wrap this up in the next couple of months, or I'm going to be in some serious trouble over here!!!"

But yeah, I agree.

18 hours ago, bros402 said:

It was bugging me the whole time - me trying to figure out who she was!

I loved Galavant.

D'OH! I thought she looked familiar. I miss Galavant. :'(

Probably my favorite episode, aside from the "gotcha!" last minutes. A little disappointed that Agent Christopher didn't say thank you to Flynn. This season is a big improvement over last (which wasn't all bad, mind, else I wouldn't have tuned in again). I think part of it is that the writers embraced the idea of these guys just not really giving too many fv@<'s about trying to make sure that history is exactly the way it started out, and even completely undermining it at times (as opposed to doing it by unintentional mistake in season 1). Part of it is that they've really focused on the relationships of the characters. I mean, the whole timey-wimey stuff (especially on the behalf of Rittenhouse) falls apart if you look at it more more than half a second, but the rest of it is pretty on point.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, dr pepper said:

In the 60s and early 70s there was a time travel trope about a thing, or occasionally a person, that exists in a closed timeloop and so has no origin.

In this case it's the thumbdrive. Denise gave it to Lucy, but she'd gotten from her years ago. Where did it come from?

Denise made it and gave it to Lucy for safekeeping, Lucy traveled into the past and gave it to Denise, the original timeline got overwritten but the drive was safe in the past, Denise waited 30 years and gave it back to Lucy. It has an origin; that timeline just got overwritten. It's not really the same thing as, say, I have a fancy pocketwatch I got from my grandfather, I travel back in time and give him the watch, he grows old and gives it to me.

• Love 3