Type keyword(s) to search

Tom Sandoval: Flat Irons and Forehead Shaving

• Start Topic

This may have been brought to light elsewhere, but...  I was watching re-runs of The Hills that MTV is playing in the mornings, and it was the episode in Season 1 where Lauren and Whitney are casting teen male models for Teen Vogue.  I'm 98% sure that one of the guys at the casting call was FI Tom! When they interviewed him about why he came out to LA, he mentioned acting, modeling and... music. 

Tom was a wreck on WWHL. He couldn't form a coherent answer.

I agree! I also think he needs a few lessons on answering interview questions in a fairly quick, concise answer. He's not as bad on the show but that could be because he's reading from cue cards. I tune in to VPR to watch the hot mess/trainwreck. But somehow it was much more enjoyable when I thought it was partially real.

I was going to ask if he said anything interesting or gave away any spoilers on WWHL, but I am going to guess not!

No spoilers that I can think of. He did explain that him & Ariana are not living together. One of the viewer questions was about Tom's apartment being a mess & he explained that he had an extremely messy roommate at the time. I don't recall Tom & Kristen's place being a mess in previous seasons so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by turbogirlnyc

No spoilers that I can think of. He did explain that him & Ariana are not living together. One of the viewer questions was about Tom's apartment being a mess & he explained that he had an extremely messy roommate at the time. I don't recall Tom & Kristen's place being a mess in previous seasons so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I can cosign about messy roommates. I had one myself a couple years ago and after awhile you just give up trying to clean up after them (and anyone they bring over) because it's futile and it only leaves you feeling like a pissed off maid. You just do your best to ignore it and either get them out or leave yourself. I do wonder if Tom and Ariana are living together now though, cos all FI Tom really said was he had the messy roommate then, which leads me to believe messydude is gone and now Ariana since took his place? But I am not sure.

I wasn't believing the messy roommate story cuz his bedroom looked horrible too.  Kristen said she was his maid in her latest Bravo blog & while I find that hard to believe, it is a plausible explanation.  Their place always looked reasonably tidy before.  I agree that having a slob roommate is the worst, BUT would you tolerate sleeping in a guy's place that looked like as much of a dump as FI's did?  Er, wtf is wrong with Ariana anyway?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Oh man, I can totally see FI Tom in that Hills episode. Scheana was on the Hills as well, during a dinner scene. She's really good friends with Stacie the bartender; Stacie was a bridesmaid at her wedding.

Tom seems like a nice guy for the most part but whoa talk about sensitive. And he comes with a lot of baggage as well in the form of Kristen and his cheating. Ariana, run!

I swear this guy is in a CreditKarma commercial. I'll have to find it.

I wonder how much these kids get paid for being on Pump Rules? I mean, tiny filthy apartment with a roommate? Driving a Saturn? Not having health insurance? Could it be that they are so underpaid, or that they're actually being smart and saving their money (doubtful, but hey, it'd be a nice surprise)?

Thanks for the information about WWHL!

Oh man, I can totally see FI Tom in that Hills episode. Scheana was on the Hills as well, during a dinner scene. She's really good friends with Stacie the bartender; Stacie was a bridesmaid at her wedding.

Interesting! The cross-overs don't surprise me anymore but I find that friendship really random for some reason!

I keep looking at his face and thinking that he SHOULD be good-looking, but his mouth area seems to ruin it for me. I get why he's treated as a good-looking guy, but there's just something that didn't quite come together in his face, at least to me.

He seems dumb but I laughed my ass off when he said that he really couldn't see any difference in Jax's nose and that it was just about inflicting pain on himself.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Gotta bump this up to give some respect to Tom after his WWHL appearance tonight. He is absolutely adorable. It makes no sense how he and Kristen were EVER a couple; he is funny and a little self aware and pretty charming, and she is the queen of dour. I know Arianna is not too popular around here but I like her because, among other reasons, she actually acts like she LIKES Tom, and he is effusive in his praise of her. He said tonight that they are still together, "of course", and that she is "amazing". I think they're sweet together! *runs away*

• Love 8

So, what was his side of the story concerning the Miami Maniac?

Yes I want to know as well. How does he know that psycho chick? I think we've finally met someone who gives Kristen a run for the money in the crazy department. Imagine if they both lived in LA.. *shudder*

Tom said he and Jax  were at a club appearance and she was there. I forget the details but Jax hooked up with the friend on the beach and she was mad because apparently Jax also stole her laptop.

How that equates to her deciding they had sex, I don't know.

His side is that psycho chick is, well, psycho. That she stalked him after their meeting at the club event in Miami and he lost his shit when he saw her walk into Sur because he was honestly terrified to see her show up there. I'm not sure if I believe him; I think it's entirely possible he *did* hook up with her, but it doesn't seem unthinkable that his version is true either, based on psycho chick's behavior. In either case, I think Ariana knows the truth and they've worked it out between them and perhaps decided that they will play along with the "did he or didn't he" storyline for the airtime. 

Tom seemed pretty genuine in his responses to questioning from Andy and viewers; if he was acting, he has more chops in that area than I gave him credit for.

• Love 1

Not sure he could have arbitrarily had her thrown out at their first encounter--she was a customer and ordered a drink, she had not created a scene at that point. I kind of get his instinct to just flee--not only was he at his place of "work" but also being filmed for the show. Since no one gets fired ever for anything at SUR, I'm sure he thought it was just fine to ditch out in the middle of a shift :)

I keep looking at his face and thinking that he SHOULD be good-looking, but his mouth area seems to ruin it for me. I get why he's treated as a good-looking guy, but there's just something that didn't quite come together in his face, at least to me.

He seems dumb but I laughed my ass off when he said that he really couldn't see any difference in Jax's nose and that it was just about inflicting pain on himself.

I was thinking the same thing --- it is his mouth to me.  It's like meth face mouth.  I could see why he'd be considered good looking but his looks are off to me as well. Plus he is such a wuss.

Whether you're dealing with a psycho stalker or someone who you did sleep with and you're trying to deny, I would imagine in both instances your first reaction is to flee.  Especially if they just show up out of no where from across the country - you know something's up. 

I actually think it was best he flee than make a scene where he works.  Apparently Lisa doesn't think so lol

"He should have called security over" - well then that would have likely caused a scene during the first interaction. 

"tom Sandoval: flat irons and forehead shaving" -- this thread title should win an award. I can't stop giggling.

LOL I know what you mean.  Every damn time I read Kristin's "Cigarette Sally" title, I chuckle to myself!

I'll just drop this here. I can't watch with sound at work but I spotted Ariana http://www.etonline.com/news/175660_touch_in_public_video_premiere/

This is gold. Thank you! I see LaLa in the video.

I see Ariana sitting like a cute girl at the library. Then... is she the blond that gets blasted with the ghostbusters thing and goes nuts on guitar with her tongue out? Or is she the blond with the light blue sweater and white skirt dancing in the stacks and the group dance? Or both?

I just read this and it sounds ridiculous. Oh how I love these chuckleheads.

And, not for nothing, FI Tom can really dance. Heh.

• Love 2

Seems to me that Sandoval's butt tattoo is a representation of this letter a. It looks to me on the close up shot at dr. Tattoff to be a temp tattoo sticker thingie

http://fsb.zedge.net/scale.php?img=My83LzUvMi8xLTUwMjA1NTctMzc1MjQ3OC5qcGc&ctype=1&v=4&q=71&xs=300&ys=250&sig=45f22de074802a86555256deb9b106237919e51b

On the black and white flashback footage of Tom getting the tattoo, they only show him from the waist up, which is weird because this show has no problem showing us butts.

Caught up on last week's episode and just kind of figured something out.
Sandoval has always reminded me of someone but I couldn't put my finger on it.  With the way he holds his mouth and some of his side profiles he kind of looks like a young Ray Liotta. 
This creeps me out a bit because I have always enjoyed Ray Liotta's work as an actor. 
Sandoval?? MEH

• Love 1