Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: One Ton Family: Part 1

• Start Topic

The Perrios struggle with different stages of their weight loss journey, but the revelation of a past tragedy explains their resistance to recovery, and the siblings must now come together to overcome their fears and forge a path toward a healthy future.

This is the regular episode thread. It will open after the US East Coast airing of the show.

I honestly don't think that these three will be successful.  None of them seem to want to change anything, but want to just magically be thinner without having to do any of the work.

• Love 13

This one was hard to watch. Once again, we hear complaints that there's no kitchen in their hotel room, so they are forced to eat fast food. I'm beginning to think that the people on this show are contractually obligated to say that at least once per episode. I found this episode very depressing and not particularly snark worthy.

• Love 13

Considering that Rashanda was doing really well--way better than I expected--and then after dear old dad gets into the mix, she gains 71 pounds makes me wonder if he is the reason for her falling off the wagon. BTW, dad looks overweight too though not as bad as his kids.

That whole story about him kicking them all out of the house because of his frustration with their overeating just sounds off to me. Were the kids underage? Didn't the mom have enough sense to fight that? I sure as Hell would not stand for my husband leaving me and my kids homeless. Plenty of parents get frustrated with their kids about their weight and other issues but they don't kick out the whole family. I really hope there aren't any nasty little secrets about the family dynamic between the father and his daughters.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

That whole story about him kicking them all out of the house because of his frustration with their overeating just sounds off to me. Were the kids underage?

I thought whoever said it, amended it to say he kicked mom out, and they opted to go with her.
I was surprised that Clarence cared enough about his father to care for him, so there must be pieces of the story missing.
When Dr. Now said they we going to give them extra help, I thought he might have helped them get a place with a kitchen.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MrsClaus said:

None of them seem to want to change anything, but want to just magically be thinner without having to do any of the work.

That's pretty much the way 99% of the people on this show are though. 

• Love 10

Forgot this was on and tuned in just in time to see them order fast-food salads on the way home from Houston, I guess that gave me a bit of hope since I know nothing about these folks yet. 

Kudos for buying real food at the market. Boo for Rashanda whining about having to use only small amounts of what makes things taste good when cooking, then throwing in a stick of butter. 

Oh dear to those 3 sad chairs on their front porch. 

WTF to that bright red T-shirt with the cuts of meat on the grill. Have some pride, Lady!

• Love 2
Just now, Tabbygirl521 said:

Oh dear to those 3 sad chairs on their front porch. 

Yes, but did you see that Dr. Now has 3 supersized chairs for his office.  I was worried when they first showed up, because he usually just has the one big one.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I thought whoever said it, amended it to say he kick mom out, and they opted to go with her.
I was surprised that Clarence cared enough about his father to care for him, so there must be pieces of the story missing.
When Dr. Now said they we going to give them extra help, I thought he might have helped them get a place with a kitchen.

Thanks for clearing that up auntjess. I was also taken aback about Clarence's devotion to his dad since male children are often quite close to their mothers--not always, of course --and his dad did kick her out of the home. There are probably more than a few missing pieces to their backstory.

On another note, I thought that the first doctor they saw mentioned that there were two doctors that would take them on because he couldn't. I believe he said one was in Houston, which we all knew was Dr. Now, and another in Louisiana. I wonder who the other doctor was since I thought that Dr. Now was the only surgeon in the country willing to take on 600+ pound patients? And, if they had an option of seeing a surgeon in Louisiana, why "endure" the four hour trip to Houston?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, RayAdverb said:

I am getting deja vu.  Wasn't there a separate show called "One Ton Family" earlier this year?  Is this just a repackaging of that?

It's confusing, but the other show was Family By the Ton. There's a forum for it here. A completely separate mini-series, not part of this show. It was located in Atlanta. With an Atlanta bariatric surgeon. I watched most of the episodes and I came to really like the family.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Loved when Roshanda asked Dr. Now when she needs to start the diet. Well, you're 800 pounds, so maybe right now would be good. These people are so conflicted about wanting to change what they're doing. And what was Roshanda going on about how other doctors just told her to lose 200 to 300 pounds, so they weren't any good? Has she never watched this show and seen that Dr. Now is going ask her to do the exact same thing??

I have only watched about half of the episode so far, but when she said that, I got a strong feeling she wouldn't succeed. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I keep waiting for someone to speak up and say to other family members as they round the drive-thru," Hell no, I don't fast food! We are on tv you idiots. We are being filmed!  Don't you know that we aren't supposed to eat that way?" I guess it won't happen though.  lol Apparently, these contestants, I mean, patients never watch the show before going on it.  If they did, they might make a checklist: vehicle large enough to transport super obese person without killing them, cooler with prepared food for the trip, stove and fridge in new apt so we can prepare our own meals, map with designated places that sell suitable food, calorie book, so we can count our calories. 

I heard someone say the calories on the chart included the sour cream.....lol.  Never heard that before.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
(edited)

Well it was like the Melissa episode, even knowing that a TV crew was going to film her Dr. Now weigh ins and her result would be seen nationwide, was not enough to get her to stop eating the wrong things. When these people order with the crew there, you know they order twice that when the crew isn't there. I really felt like the brother was off the program a few days before his weigh in where he lost the 80 pounds. They way he ate the fried chicken and fries on the way to the office. I don't think he wants to eat healthy forever.

I also wonder why Dr Now approved Brandie after only one success. It seems like some of these people just do it to get approved and have no intention of changing. Then they will get the magic pill surgery and they won't have cravings anymore. She had the sickest side eyes and nasty expressions. If you just watch her face in the office, LMAO. 

I think Dr Now used to be the only one dealing with the super-obese but that was 10 years ago, now there are others. It is still not common, you won't find his in every town, but there are more than Dr, Now. He may have trained several as well.

I liked the new guy. He did have a different style than Dr Now, but he tells it like it is. He tells these people what they need to hear: You eat too damn much.

Edited by calpurnia99
  • Love 15
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Loved when Roshanda asked Dr. Now when she needs to start the diet. Well, you're 800 pounds, so maybe right now would be good. These people are so conflicted about wanting to change what they're doing. And what was Roshanda going on about how other doctors just told her to lose 200 to 300 pounds, so they weren't any good? Has she never watched this show and seen that Dr. Now is going ask her to do the exact same thing??

I think Dr. Now should be legally obligated to tell all these people what he admitted on an earlier episode a few weeks ago: 90% of you will regain most of the weight after surgery. People should know that going in and get real eating disorder therapy before they get surgery.

After watching many seasons of watching folks on My 600 lb. Life  I think most of the participants go in, want to see Dr. Now (regardless of their weight) have him do the surgery and they'll magically lose all of their weight instantly.  Food addiction as we've seen can be just as hard to beat just like drugs, gambling or smoking.  I quit smoking 25 years ago, it was the hardest thing I ever did.  Sometimes, after a particularly hard day, when I get in my car I still get a craving to have one.  I thought smoking relaxed me/made me feel better.  Sound familiar???

I am sure that food addiction is more difficult, since eating is something you have to do to survive; in this country that offers so many temptations  (fast food restaurants, food delivery, grocery stores stocked with unhealthy food, commercials on TV) that are food based.  Those foods often what the participants  used to eat for comfort or relieve stress.   To be successful in breaking the cycle they have to adopt a whole new attitude/lifestyle which is major change in mindset.  I agree with you @Kelley,  I don't understand why after all of these years, Dr. Now doesn't put his patients in therapy before they start.  There always is some underlying reason why they put on weight.....I don't think anyone thinks as a kid "I want to grow up and weight 600 lbs."

I know that's what Roshanda was thinking.  I was really surprised at the end of the show she had lost some weight and was sticking to the diet.  Hopefully we'll see more progress next week, but I wouldn't count on it.  I hope they surprise us.

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

That's pretty much the way 99% of the people on this show are though. 

Hell, that's the way I am too. I just know better than to say so on TV.

• Love 4

You are right Zoe mom, and the reason we have so many people who weigh 600 pounds and up is we have such an abundance of junky food we can easily buy and eat. For some they have this available so they will just eat as much as they possibly can since it is right there. These people have no off switch- I like it, it is good so I'm going to have massive quantities of it. This problem did not exist in other eras in history. This is what we have done to our society with the abundance of food not from nature. It's going against our natural biology. I think wow, we have come a long way..

• Love 3
10 hours ago, mmecorday said:

This one was hard to watch. Once again, we hear complaints that there's no kitchen in their hotel room, so they are forced to eat fast food. I'm beginning to think that the people on this show are contractually obligated to say that at least once per episode. I found this episode very depressing and not particularly snark worthy.

And as always, BS excuse.  Years ago doing fieldwork I had to live out of hotel rooms for 10 days at a time--no kitchen (did have small fridge and microwave). Soup, salad, sandwiches, fruit, nut bars, boiled eggs--the list goes on.

These people simply don't want to search for proper options and will use any excuse to eat fast food. "But, but Dr. Now didn't provide us with an onsite chef, what were we supposed to do?"

• Love 16

And like it has been pointed out before, you can get a salad at a gas station now. And healthy things at fast food places.  The nutritionist taught them this, so they think "SALAD" okay taco salad- 700 calories, that isnt bad. LOL. At least it was much less than what they were eating before, probably 70000 calories before.  And when you weight 800 pounds you can still lose on more than 1200 calories a day. On the one hand they were changing their habits. It;s just basic ignorance.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I think Dr. Now should be legally obligated to tell all these people what he admitted on an earlier episode a few weeks ago: 90% of you will regain most of the weight after surgery. People should know that going in and get real eating disorder therapy before they get surgery.

Dr Now should have answered  "You should started your diet 13 years ago ,People with common sense do not get to be 600 lbs or more  ,they do something about their weight  before it gets that far out of hand .....  The two sisters are just fat and plain lazy and the brother is not too far behind them ...... 

• Love 12
(edited)

For some reason most of the patients think SALAD is the key.  I don't think they realize that salads are tricky.  They can quickly turn in to a high calorie dish.  Not worth it for me.  I'd rather have a nice lean protein, whole grain side, veggies, etc.  PLUS, a plain salad doesn't fill me up.  It's basically water with little nutritional value, without a lot of other toppings, which can be problematic.  I find that my salads are a little baby greens, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, mushrooms, small amount of beets, and a tad of salad dressing.  I mean half of teaspoon or nothing. You can get those types of salad at Subway, but, not most fast food places.  But, how long will that kind of thing hold you over? My belly would be hurting before bedtime, even if I put some a small serving of chicken on it.

Did you notice the younger sister in the grocery store and how she had no clue about vegetables? She didn't seem interested to learn either. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

On another note, I thought that the first doctor they saw mentioned that there were two doctors that would take them on because he couldn't. I believe he said one was in Houston, which we all knew was Dr. Now, and another in Louisiana. I wonder who the other doctor was since I thought that Dr. Now was the only surgeon in the country willing to take on 600+ pound patients? And, if they had an option of seeing a surgeon in Louisiana, why "endure" the four hour trip to Houston?

Maybe there were more Taco Bells between Lafayette and Houston than between Lafayette and New Orleans?

But seriously, it's only about 100 miles difference in distance.  (Thank goodness there was an option to stay at a hotel in the middle of their three-hour journey.)  And seeing Dr. Now got them on TV, and got them weeks free in a hospital (but they didn't like the food).  And free surgery.  New Orleans wouldn't have come with all the benefits that Dr. Now offered.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did you notice the younger sister in the grocery store and how she had no clue about vegetables? She didn't seem interested to learn either. 

I would die from joy if I saw lovely fat asparagus like that in my local grocery store, I love it so much. I am still reeling from shock that they didn't know what asparagus WAS. Sweet tap dancing Jesus. 

Brandie's a rapper? Of course she is. anyone remember Slim from True Life on MTV? Brandie makes Slim look like LL Cool J. Holy shit. 

Why do all the 600 pounders have such wimpy, dead fish handshakes? 

• Love 12

I can't help but wonder if these super morbidly obese patients, realized how much flavor and bulk you can get from veggies, for a few calories, they wouldn't get on board.  With those little bitty serving sizes they have, I don't know how they make it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I keep waiting for someone to speak up and say to other family members as they round the drive-thru," Hell no, I don't fast food! We are on tv you idiots. We are being filmed!  Don't you know that we aren't supposed to eat that way?" I guess it won't happen though.  lol Apparently, these contestants, I mean, patients never watch the show before going on it.  If they did, they might make a checklist: vehicle large enough to transport super obese person without killing them, cooler with prepared food for the trip, stove and fridge in new apt so we can prepare our own meals, map with designated places that sell suitable food, calorie book, so we can count our calories. 

I heard someone say the calories on the chart included the sour cream.....lol.  Never heard that before.  

Hahaha SunnyBeBe as the great band Talking Heads would say "Stop Making Sense!"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I would die from joy if I saw lovely fat asparagus like that in my local grocery store, I love it so much. I am still reeling from shock that they didn't know what asparagus WAS. Sweet tap dancing Jesus. 

Brandie's a rapper? Of course she is. anyone remember Slim from True Life on MTV? Brandie makes Slim look like LL Cool J. Holy shit. 

Why do all the 600 pounders have such wimpy, dead fish handshakes? 

I missed that part. I, like you, love asparagus! How could they not know it? This restaurant by us makes them grilled and they are the big ones. So good. They also do a balsamic brussel sprout. I never liked them til I had them there. Yum! 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Of course Dr.Proctor, who did the Stewarts of Family By the Ton, is in Atlanta.  Maybe he just meant near them, or, someone who works with TLC.
But then they said that Houston was only 3 hours away, so that seems really pretty close, though I just checked, and NO is about an hour closer.

• Love 2

Ha! Just skyping w/my son, who said he was in the basement bathroom with his guest rabbit during the storm last night. I told you guys he was traumatized by living in Norman! 

• Love 3
(edited)

That whole story about him kicking them all out of the house because of his frustration with their overeating just sounds off to me. Were the kids underage? Didn't the mom have enough sense to fight that? I sure as Hell would not stand for my husband leaving me and my kids homeless. Plenty of parents get frustrated with their kids about their weight and other issues but they don't kick out the whole family. I really hope there aren't any nasty little secrets about the family dynamic between the father and his daughters.

Did I imagine it or did they say at some point that their father had a drug habit? I also recall that there is another brother who "does his own thing" and isn't involved with the family - I wondered what the story was there.

She also kept talking about how difficult it was to know how many calories were in the fast food. At least around here, the calorie counts are posted on the menu board. They're also available online and each of the siblings has a cell phone. Google is your friend. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Did I imagine it or did they say at some point that their father had a drug habit? I also recall that there is another brother who "does his own thing" and isn't involved with the family - I wondered what the story was there.

She also kept talking about how difficult it was to know how many calories were in the fast food. At least around here, the calorie counts are posted on the menu board. They're also available online and each of the siblings has a cell phone. Google is your friend. 

Due to a family emergency, we went to McDonald's as a family for the first time in years..... the calorie counts are there. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

People should know that going in and get real eating disorder therapy before they get surgery.

I couldn’t agree more. Unless they understand their triggers, they will fail.  Also, many just don’t know how to eat healthy.  They need to learn what foods are healthy and how to prepare them.  Sending them home with a list of foods they can eat is not enough support.  A dietitian would be a big part of success.  Also, moving.  Sitting around waiting for you next meal, will just lead to failure.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Due to a family emergency, we went to McDonald's as a family for the first time in years..... the calorie counts are there. 

We have a small Chinese food section in our grocery store where they make take out. For the first time in almost a year, I got some food there the other week. Calorie counts are right there on the menu board. They are also around the other little take out sections. If our regional grocery can do it, I'm pretty sure McDonalds, Wendy's, and everybody has has calorie counts available. If not, I know they are available online and every one of these folks seems to have a smart phone and/or a computer. No excuse.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I couldn’t agree more. Unless they understand their triggers, they will fail.  Also, many just don’t know how to eat healthy.  They need to learn what foods are healthy and how to prepare them.  Sending them home with a list of foods they can eat is not enough support.  A dietitian would be a big part of success.  Also, moving.  Sitting around waiting for you next meal, will just lead to failure.  

And that seemed to all the one sister did. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

These people have no off switch- I like it, it is good so I'm going to have massive quantities of it. 

THIS is addiction.  No "off switch".  That old AA expression, "one drink is too many but one thousand are not enough" can be applied to food addiction, too- just substitute "Twinkies"... it isn't that they decide to have mass quantities (unless they're planning an actual binge); they just can't stop once they start on their drug of choice (food).

3 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

And like it has been pointed out before, you can get a salad at a gas station now. And healthy things at fast food places.  The nutritionist taught them this, so they think "SALAD" okay taco salad- 700 calories, that isnt bad. LOL. At least it was much less than what they were eating before, probably 70000 calories before.  And when you weight 800 pounds you can still lose on more than 1200 calories a day. On the one hand they were changing their habits. It;s just basic ignorance.

If y'all know Cumberland Farms, they have salads, light sandwiches, yogurt, fruit... I'm sure the South has gas station chains similar to Cumbys! No excuse! I am allergic to wheat and I can still find healthy alternatives on the road... 

2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Asparagus is LIFE! I need to do my garlic-parm asparagus this weekend, hadn't made it in awhile...

25 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought I heard the son say dad had a drug habit, but I was typing on the live chat so I was half listening!  
This proves they have zero desire to get their lives & health & weightloss on track:  they're too damn lazy to Google the damn calories!  They won't even do the bare minimum they need to do to lose weight and learn new habits, but I'm sure we'd see them book it down the street after an ice cream truck...

• Love 5
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

And she had to have a snack before her brother showed up to drive her to a fast food place for breakfast!!!!

it is like Schenee.... non-stop eating. 

2 minutes ago, leFay said:

This proves they have zero desire to get their lives & health & weightloss on track:  they're too damn lazy to Google the damn calories!  They won't even do the bare minimum they need to do to lose weight and learn new habits, but I'm sure we'd see them book it down the street after an ice cream truck...

Whenever I am going to a new restaurant, I try to google their calorie and fat counts prior to going. I'm most successful with chains or places like Panera that are mainly big with lunch. 

• Love 3

Great thing if you can't find calories listed, which they are pretty much on everything, apps like MyFitnessPal will tell you. They have all of the menus for fast food places in addition to just about every food under the sun. You don't have to put much effort at all into counting calories.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, preciousperfect said:

Great thing if you can't find calories listed, which they are pretty much on everything, apps like MyFitnessPal will tell you. They have all of the menus for fast food places in addition to just about every food under the sun. You don't have to put much effort at all into counting calories.

And if you do meet with a nutritionist and half a diet life of does and don'ts, keep it handy! 

• Love 1

If our regional grocery can do it, I'm pretty sure McDonalds, Wendy's, and everybody has has calorie counts available.

I think it's Federal law that restaurants/chains of a certain size have to have calorie counts posted, or at least available. Places like McDonald's opposed the law thinking that if people knew how many calories were in their food, they would stop eating it.

I wonder if it was more that Brandy didn't want to believe how many calories she was taking in. Honestly, until I really think about it, I have to wonder how a hamburger from McDonald's can possibly have over 1,000 calories. But then you look at the quantity and quality of the meat, the cheese, the bun, the mayo... It's not hard to get there. So maybe it wasn't so much that she couldn't figure out how many calories something had as much as she just didn't want to believe that her regular lunch had more than her entire day's allotment of 1200 calories in it.

• Love 4

That was weird, eh? I was pretty impressed that they, particularly Roshanda, all immediately left their appointment and tried to start the new eating plan right away. Taco salad probably wasn't the best option, but considering what they had been eating, I'm surprised their bodies didn't go into vegetable shock.

How on earth did Roshanda lose so much at the first appointment and Brandie did almost nothing - and then they flipped going into the second appointment? Total crock of BS that Clarence is afraid of surgery because of losing his mother after an operation - he doesn't seem to think he really needs to lose weight. He kept pointing to his sisters as the "fat ones" while he was almost 600 lbs. Honestly, I think that's partly an American society thing - woman are FAT but men at the same (or larger weights) are just BIG. 

What gets me about almost everyone on the show is this concept that if they do not get approved for weight loss surgery, then "all of this was for nothing." Seriously, Roshanda, you lost 155 lbs and you were complaining it was all for nothing? Are you kidding? You lost the equivalent of a 5'8 adult female and you think that was for nothing? And now that you see you can lose weight ON YOUR OWN, how on earth could you think it's for nothing if you can't get surgery? 

And why are so many of these people obsessed with the idea of having to help/take care of other people? That's really nice that Clarence was helping his sisters and then his dad, but he clearly did not want to and only did it out of obligation - even when he is eating and smoking himself to death. That guy is 100% a ticking time-bomb and when he has his heart attack, at his age, he's going to drop dead on the spot. So instead of this crazy "I have to do this" attitude, take care of yourself and only take care of others when you want to and are able to. I found it terribly sad that their dad essentially treated them like shit, kicked them out and then crawled back when he needed someone to take care of him. Incredibly sad. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, leFay said:

THIS is addiction.  No "off switch".  That old AA expression, "one drink is too many but one thousand are not enough" can be applied to food addiction, too- just substitute "Twinkies"... it isn't that they decide to have mass quantities (unless they're planning an actual binge); they just can't stop once they start on their drug of choice (food).

Amen. And because you cannot quit eating completely or you’ll die, you need to learn what foods are your triggers and avoid those. You will note, most of the people on the show eat pizza and fried food In mass quantities and those two items are most likely their triggers.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Lunula said:

Honestly, I think that's partly an American society thing - woman are FAT but men at the same (or larger weights) are just BIG. 

What gets me about almost everyone on the show is this concept that if they do not get approved for weight loss surgery, then "all of this was for nothing." Seriously, Roshanda, you lost 155 lbs and you were complaining it was all for nothing? Are you kidding? You lost the equivalent of a 5'8 adult female and you think that was for nothing? And now that you see you can lose weight ON YOUR OWN, how on earth could you think it's for nothing if you can't get surgery? 

And why are so many of these people obsessed with the idea of having to help/take care of other people? That's really nice that Clarence was helping his sisters and then his dad, but he clearly did not want to and only did it out of obligation - even when he is eating and smoking himself to death. That guy is 100% a ticking time-bomb and when he has his heart attack, at his age, he's going to drop dead on the spot. So instead of this crazy "I have to do this" attitude, take care of yourself and only take care of others when you want to and are able to. 

PREACH!!!!!!!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Lunula said:

What gets me about almost everyone on the show is this concept that if they do not get approved for weight loss surgery, then "all of this was for nothing." Seriously, Roshanda, you lost 155 lbs and you were complaining it was all for nothing?

Absolutely.  But when he asked Brandie--I think--if she noticed a difference, she said she did.
I wondered why the sisters didn't live together, or if one or the other had someone else living with them, who chose not to be on camera.

• Love 2

The snack before brother brought breakfast... I think what he brought was more like lunch, chicken tenders fries pecan pie?  I didn’t take them to be early risers. And here in northeast NJ you can’t order that type of food till at least 11 am in most fast food places. I’m not making excuses.... just that the time it takes one of them to get up, cleaned and dressed.. waiting for the neighbor to pull  up their pants etc probably takes up a good deal of the am hours. Plus, these  folk spend a lot of time sleeping so I suspect meal times are skewed... breakfast is more like lunch. Lunch is dinner etc.  

interesting that they all have their own apartments and seeming no source of income. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

interesting that they all have their own apartments and seeming no source of income. 

They looked like public housing to me that is typical in smaller towns. No one builds 10 story, Cabrini-Green style buildings anymore.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

"But, but Dr. Now didn't provide us with an onsite chef, what were we supposed to do?"

I’m still thinking this is an untapped cash cow(no pun intended...). I’m still envisioning the Nowzardian Center for The Super Morbidly Obese.  There are supersized rooms, a gym, pool, nutritionist, therapist & life coach. The cafeteria with only the approved items for an appropriate eating habit has calorie count labels on all the items and once scanned into the system for that person, when they reach their calorie limit, the cafeteria is closed to them for the rest of the day.  A social worker helps them find off site housing once their initial 90 day stay is up.

Sort of like a rehab facility for the food addict.

• Love 17