Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Bettie Jo & Susan LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I don't pay any attention to calories......duh that's why she'd gained weight.

Dr. Now has totally busted her - a congenital abnormality not cancer, Dr. Now has checked everything else.

Hubby isn't happy about that.  It can't be proven unless they look at it under a "telescope".....

• Love 17

She's lying about what she's eating. They all lie.

So she's full of cr*p about the cancer!

What a psycho.

Bettie Jo is another one of these who has a saccharine sweet demeanor but it doesn't make her any less ungrateful and selfish.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I’ll be 64 this summer and will retire about a month after my birthday. Been planning it for a year. Everyone where I work has been heading the exits. 

We had a layoff recently, which included one person in my department, and today I learned another coworker is leaving for another job (which I had my suspicions, because he kept going into the conference room with his cell phone). He's on vacation starting tomorrow through next week, then he's back for two weeks, and then he's done. He's the one who knows everything...I am not looking forward to this.

1 minute ago, zoemom said:

Something is rotten in Denmark with this story.

I'm wondering who her cancer doctor is. You'd think Dr. Now would want to consult with that person to figure out whether the weight loss stuff is realistic right now.

• Love 4

So, no cancer?

I looked at her FB page a few minutes ago. I didn't see one thing about cancer and I went back a few months. They also had a car accident and she broke a bone in her foot. Accidents happen, but Bettie Jo and Josh sure seem to have bad luck. Everything happens to them - she can't hold the baby, she's got cancer (maybe), she can't lose weight right now...  yeah, you need therapy, Bettie Jo. You've got issues.  Susan just needs to move away from her mother.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

We had a layoff recently, which included one person in my department, and today I learned another coworker is leaving for another job (which I had my suspicions, because he kept going into the conference room with his cell phone). He's on vacation starting tomorrow through next week, then he's back for two weeks, and then he's done. He's the one who knows everything...I am not looking forward to this.

I'm wondering who her cancer doctor is. You'd think Dr. Now would want to consult with that person to figure out whether the weight loss stuff is realistic right now.

Dr Now said he did talk to her oncologist and he was told they are only doing a biopsy because Josh and Betty Jo asked for it. 

• Love 9
Just now, PeaceLily2 said:

I knew it was Munchasuen. (sp)

Having “cancer” is probably getting them money from relatives and friends.

Not to mention airfare to Houston.....

• Love 9
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

She's lying about what she's eating. They all lie.

So she's full of cr*p about the cancer!

What a psycho.

Bettie Jo is another one of these who has a saccharine sweet demeanor but it doesn't make her any less of an ungrateful a$$hole.

Oh boy, did you nail it when it comes to Bettie Jo! If it wasn't for that innocent baby, I really couldn't give two shits about her and Josh.

Definitely cheering Susan on!

• Love 11
Just now, CouchTater said:

Oh lord.  Bettie Jo is cray cray.

And unlikeable.    Dr. Now has it all figured out.  She wants to have cancer so she doesn’t have to take care of anything and everybody gets to take care of her.  So why did she have a kid? And what does her husband get out of this? If he had any brains, he will take that kid and leave. He’s taking care of it anyway, what does he need her for?

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Bringing Preston in hopes that Dr Now won’t rip her a new one in front of the baby

9 minutes ago, Threnners said:

"Now you got the baby here huh?"   :D

He knows what's up.

8 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t know about calories

Clearly.

7 minutes ago, PeaceLily2 said:

Why do they want it to be cancer?  

It's easier than doing the work to lose weight.

2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Dr Now said he did talk to her oncologist and he was told they are only doing a biopsy because Josh and Betty Jo asked for it. 

Oh, okay, I heard him say they asked for it but I guess I didn't catch the whole thing.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, emma1420 said:

i thought Dr. Now’s comment about Bettie Jo’s lack of interest in her kid was interesting and pretty insightful.

I agree. It said so much about her. In spite of her sickly sweet demeanor (there's anger hovering immediately under the surface), she's very selfish and probably has no business raising a child.

• Love 16

I thought Bettie Jo was too zen for a cancer diagnosis or even potential diagnosis.  I had a biopsy last year after a bad mammogram and it was all I could think about. I sure as hell wouldn’t be thinking about some potential surgery years away if I thought I might die.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Excuse me for awhile ... I'm diagnosing Bettie Jo's cancer

giphy.gif

A pee in your pants post ! LOL

So, does this mean she will be getting Creamotherapy?

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Kid said:

And unlikeable.    Dr. Now has it all figured out.  She wants to have cancer so she doesn’t have to take care of anything and everybody gets to take care of her.  So why did she have a kid? And what does her husband get out of this? If he had any brains, he will take that kid and leave. He’s taking care of it anyway, what does he need her for?

I think Josh likes his role of being Bettie Jo's savior.  He does everything for her (wipes her backside) which in his mind (pea brain) is what a real "man" does..  Those two deserve one another.  Poor Preston.

• Love 9
Just now, peaceknit said:

Right, I understand that. But did the oncologist say what it was exactly?

Not that I heard. But we're trying to get the twins to bed, and I'm in and out of the room. 

1 minute ago, zoemom said:

I think Josh likes his role of being Bettie Jo's savior.  He does everything for her (wipes her backside) which in his mind (pea brain) is what a real "man" does..  Those two deserve one another.  Poor Preston.

He even said in the beginning that he was afraid she wouldn't "need" him anymore.

That reminded me of a quote I saw somewhere, something like, "I don't love you because I need you; I need you because I love you." Josh seems to be an "I love you because you need me" kinda guy.

Dr. Paradise!

• Love 7

Why doesn’t Dr. Now just tell Susan to focus on losing weight and hold off on her skin surgery? She isn’t acting like getting surgery is motivating for her...maybe if he takes it off the table she’ll stop freaking out about it.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My research is in social aspects of knowledge management, with a number of articles on what happens in organizations when experienced workers leave and take their knowledge with them. Very few orgs think ahead and plan for this - even orgs with a number of baby boomers like myself who are on the way out of the door. It's stupid and short-sighted not to have plans in place to address this, because they don't want to spend the money on things like SOPs, shadowing senior workers, etc., 

• Love 4