Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Bettie Jo & Susan LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

Not a great one for me so far either. But, I've only been 65 for 2 weeks. lol

I will be 65 this summer. Still trying to decide if I'm going to retire then or work another year. This work thing is getting a little tiring. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Once again, especially with Bettie Jo's spinal issue, does she really have to travel to Houston for a weigh in and office visit with Dr. Now?

Damn, did she actually fit into one seat?

She had two seats

• Love 3
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Once again, especially with Bettie Jo's spinal issue, does she really have to travel to Houston for a weigh in and office visit with Dr. Now?

I'm asking myself the same question. 

The best part of the past 1.5 hours is watching that hot paramedic from the Excedrin commercial.

1 minute ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Walking barefoot through the airport??? EEEWWWWWWWWW.

She probably doesn't want to stress her back by bending over to remove her shoes at the TSA checkpoint!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Threnners said:

I do not wish flying with an infant in a stroller on anyone.   That was the most stressful experience ever.

There's a little story I've seen on facebook here and there about a couple flying with their infant twins; they passed out little baggies to all the other passengers with candy, ear plugs, and a note from babies apologizing in advance if their little ears hurt and they cried.

3 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Someone give this girl a Xanax!

I miss my Xanax sometimes...

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 5
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

I'm asking myself the same question. 

The best part of the past 1.5 hours is watching that hot paramedic from the Excedrin commercial.

But all you're likely to get from him is "Not tonight , dear. I have a headache!"

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

I will be 65 this summer. Still trying to decide if I'm going to retire then or work another year. This work thing is getting a little tiring. 

I’ll be 64 this summer and will retire about a month after my birthday. Been planning it for a year. Everyone where I work has been heading for the exits. 

Edited by Miracle Maxie
It helps to use all the words.
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Walking barefoot through the airport??? EEEWWWWWWWWW.

No shoes? I thought she had tennis on when she got on the plane.  (I didn't see her walking around the airport. Maybe she put them on before getting on the plane.)

• Love 2

Isn’t carrying around 400 pounds hard on her back? Compared to hauling that mass around picking up that tiny child should not be an issue. I believe she saying she can’t pick up the kid because it gives her an excuse to do nothing to take care of the kid.  I find it hard to believe that all the other doctors did not make a comment about her weight and her back issues.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Isn’t carrying around 400 pounds hard on her back? I find it hard to believe that all the other doctors did not make a comment about her weight and her back issues.

Something is rotten in Denmark with this story.  

Dr. Now isn't going to buy her bull...

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I’ll be 64 this summer and will retire about a month after my birthday. Been planning it for a year. Everyone where I work has been heading the exits. 

State worker in a state with budget cuts. They're threatening no raise this year and we didn't get one last year, but I'm working harder and doing more. I'd rather be home playing computer games and eating organic bunnies. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbb............. Barefoot walking through the airport? Why, why, why?

She started out wearing shoes. They were grey Skechers and I did a double take, because I thought they were the same as a pair I own (they were a little different). I bet her feet swelled up too much during the flight that her shoes didn’t fit anymore. 

I had to add some baked Cheetos to my healthy choice dinner. I needed some crunch. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Isn’t carrying around 400 pounds hard on her back? Compared to hauling that mass around picking up that tiny child should not be an issue. I believe she saying she can’t pick up the kid because it gives her an excuse to do nothing to take care of the kid.  I find it hard to believe that all the other doctors did not make a comment about her weight and her back issues.

That’s what I was thinking. That baby is what, 7 lbs? Puleeze.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I have to quit vaping for my upcoming hip replacement surgery because of the nicotine so, I just started vaping 0 nicotine liquid. Hope that counts! lol

Off topic, but good luck with your surgery. I had mine in December 2013. It was like having a new lease on life. I was back at yoga classes 6 weeks after surgery. I hope you have great results from yours.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

State worker in a state with budget cuts. They're threatening no raise this year and we didn't get one last year, but I'm working harder and doing more. I'd rather be home playing computer games and eating organic bunnies

More protein!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, aliya said:

State worker in a state with budget cuts. They're threatening no raise this year and we didn't get one last year, but I'm working harder and doing more. I'd rather be home playing computer games and eating organic bunnies. 

I work for a federal agency. Every time we think morale can’t get any lower, it does. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I’ll be 64 this summer and will retire about a month after my birthday. Been planning it for a year. Everyone where I work has been heading the exits. 

I’m a teacher with student loans. I’ll be working til I’m 93. 

• Love 6
Just now, IOU Payne said:

I'm 62 and planning my exit strategy.  I am meeting with the benefits person at work as soon as I have the paperwork assembled.

I'll have more time to snark with y'all!

My sister (18 months younger than I) just retired. Her workplace was becoming very toxic for the older, long term workers. She took 2 weeks vacation and the day before she was supposed to come back, called in and basically said 'eff ya.'  She had her social security lined up, bought an inexpensive house in the south, transferred her stuff from the old place to the new place, and is having a ball already. I'm jealous.

• Love 14