Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Bettie Jo & Susan LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

The doctor didn't mean you had to eat hot dogs instead of a piece of grilled chicken. What don't these people get...eat healthy, eat the calories you need for the baby but make those calories nutritious.

• Love 12

Susan.....her and her mother - two I want to slap shit silly at first, but am impressed that she's gotten away from her smothering.  She looks remarkably different.

Sounds like Susan needs a tune-up with the "terrapist".  Who will it be Dr. Babyvoice or Dr. Paradise?????

Don't screw this up Susan, you've come so far!

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 4

I am really not trying to be mean here when I say this, but does anyone else think that Bettie Jo might be mildly mentally disabled? Again, I'm not trying to put her down. I'm just trying to be realistic and understand what's going on with her. She seems very slow, and there's something about the way she speaks and says one word at a time... I don't know. She just seems slow and therefore easily manipulated by her husband. 

1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Weird how different they all appear weight wise. Susan looked way bigger than 607 pounds to me.

I think it's because she has a tendency to carry her weight in her neck.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, aliya said:

How's everyone's eating habit tonight? I've had Annie's chocolate bunnies. Sorry I can't be a better example.

I’m eating leftover pizza and not feeling an ounce of guilt. My eating habit are just fine tonight!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, zoemom said:

How can Josh get close with those butt wings?   Here we go again "I'm so scared" has already been said at least 7 times.....

How many times did she remind us she might be paralyzed by her pregnancy/spine thing?

3 minutes ago, BuddhaBelly said:

A salad won't kill you. It really won't

Right? Eat healthy food and make sure you're getting enough calories. That's what your baby needs.

1 minute ago, Smoothcoat said:

I don’t remember Susan’s Story. 

I remember her but I don't remember any details of her story.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I am really not trying to be mean here when I say this, but does anyone else think that Bettie Jo might be mildly mentally disabled? Again, I'm not trying to put her down. I'm just trying to be realistic and understand what's going on with her. She seems very slow, and there's something about the way she speaks and says one word at a time... I don't know. She just seems slow and therefore easily manipulated by her husband. 

I think it's because she has a tendency to carry her weight in her neck.

I agree about her, but I don’t see him being quite clever enough to be a master manipulator ;)

• Love 8

Susan looks good! And her house is really nice! 

Anxiously awaiting my disappointment about both of these good outcomes. 

So now for Bettie Jo, it's my 400 Pound Life. That's still not a healthy weight to carry a baby. It's not at all surprising that she's having complications. I hope everything works out for her, though!

Pregnancy at 400 pounds is just high risk, but Bettie Jo seems the type who just sort of lets her life happen to her.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

We are taking stuff out of the old home and putting it in the new home..... uh that’s called MOVING!!

I was gonna post the exact same thing!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I’m not convinced that anyone involved is mentally competent. Including me, for watching this. 

I was reading a comment thread elsewhere about the dreck that TLC puts on (it was really about the Duggars and the Willis Family, on a blog post about the latter family)...I refrained from mentioning that I watch this show...(and Trading Spaces but that's not so bad, relatively speaking).

1 minute ago, BuddhaBelly said:

Netflix, has a documentary called Obese Port Mortem and it was fascinating. I didn't think I would be able to handle that but the way fat changes the inside of your body!

Added to my Netflix list...whenever I get around to setting up my account. My brother gave me gift cards for Christmas that should cover a year, I think.

13 minutes ago, aliya said:

How's everyone's eating habit tonight? I've had Annie's chocolate bunnies. Sorry I can't be a better example.

Hey aliya. Well I'll see your chocolate bunnies and raise you the homemade friiiiiiied chicken and mac and cheese--no blue box mac and cheese for me--after this show!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

So now for Bettie Jo, it's my 400 Pound Life. That's still not a healthy weight to carry a baby. It's not at all surprising that she's having complications. I hope everything works out for her, though!

Pregnancy at 400 pounds is just high risk, but Bettie Jo seems the type who just sort of lets her life happen to her.

I'm honestly surprised that she got pregnant at that weight!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PeaceLily2 said:

Did she say it had been days since she felt the baby move?

I thought she said several hours. I won’t snark her on this one thing. It happened to me. At 8 1/2 months I couldn’t feel my daughter move for almost 12 hours. I ended up with an emergency sonogram. I was pregnant after a miscarriage. It scared the crap out of me. 

• Love 9
Just now, ams1001 said:

I was reading a comment thread elsewhere about the dreck that TLC puts on (it was really about the Duggars and the Willis Family, on a blog post about the latter family)...I refrained from mentioning that I watch this show...(and Trading Spaces but that's not so bad, relatively speaking).

Yes, watching this show is my dirty little secret!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, hey! It's a birth control ad. Hope Bettie Jo is watching.

I think that horse already left the barn.........

• Love 5

My eating habit was a salad with romaine lettuce they swore didn’t come from Arizona (or wherever the outbreak was located) and way too many Chuckles candies. It’s been a bad day and of course I’m an emotional eater. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, zoemom said:
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think that horse already left the barn.........

For the future, LOL

12 minutes ago, SnarkySnarky said:

Jesus could she talk any slower. This is going to be a long 2 hours.

Well........ I......... Have.......... No........  Idea....... Exactly............. What........... You.......... 

Mean.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I thought she said several hours. I won’t snark her on this one thing. It happened to me. At 8 1/2 months I couldn’t feel my daughter move for almost 12 hours. I ended up with an emergency sonogram. I was pregnant after a miscarriage. It scared the crap out of me. 

I’m agreeing with you, that’s why I asked if it was days.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, PeaceLily2 said:

Did she say it had been days since she felt the baby move?

I wasn't totally paying attention but I thought I heard that in the promo...

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I wonder if BC works the same way in someone that heavy. I know hormonal BC can be iffy but what about something like an IUD? Inquiring minds...

1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

Did she put that new tupperware away without washing it first? Just no!

I've done that, but I'll wash it before I actually use it. 

• Love 2
Just now, Smoothcoat said:

I don’t really care that much about her pregnancy, why’d they have to pick HER to update? I’d like to see Sean. Or the twins Brandi and Kandi. 

James K. Nicole. Kristen. It’s my own private shame I know all these names.

• Love 10