Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Bettie Jo & Susan LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

My eating habit was a salad with romaine lettuce they swore didn’t come from Arizona (or wherever the outbreak was located) and way too many Chuckles candies. It’s been a bad day and of course I’m an emotional eater. 

Bad day here too. But now I have to google romaine outbreak! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I wasn't totally paying attention but I thought I heard that in the promo...

I wonder if BC works the same way in someone that heavy. I know hormonal BC can be iffy but what about something like an IUD? Inquiring minds...

I've done that, but I'll wash it before I actually use it. 

but will she?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hey aliya. Well I'll see your chocolate bunnies and raise you the homemade friiiiiiied chicken and mac and cheese--no blue box mac and cheese for me--after this show!

I'm trying to make myself feel better for having the carbs by telling myself they are hippie "certified organic" graham cracker carbs. I'm sure my blood sugar can tell the difference. : )

Bettie Jo was pretty big. How come she got 30 pounds in 2 munts (15 lbs a month) and the doc could barely contain himself when Janine only lost 15 lbs? 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hey aliya. Well I'll see your chocolate bunnies and raise you the homemade friiiiiiied chicken and mac and cheese--no blue box mac and cheese for me--after this show!

I've been enjoying a small bag  of Moose Munch chocolate covered caramel popcorn from Christmas. 

• Love 3

Late getting here! How are y'all doing? 

We traveled from North Dakota to San Antonio today with twins who are almost 2. We flew. And managed to eat healthy in spite of it.  We're exhausted.. 

And not feeling your baby move is terrifying.  Been there done that. And wound up having a still birth. Glad they found the heartbeat. 

• Love 10
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

Bad day here too. But now I have to google romaine outbreak! 

The romaine recall is only for lettuce you buy already chopped - like is salad bags. If you buy the hearts or buy organic you are good. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

My eating habit was a salad with romaine lettuce they swore didn’t come from Arizona (or wherever the outbreak was located) and way too many Chuckles candies. It’s been a bad day and of course I’m an emotional eater. 

That reminds me - maybe I have an excuse for the chocolate bunnies because when I went to the store, all the salad was stripped from the shelves. The store said they were erring on the side of caution and taking out all the salad bags with romaine in them. 

What - Susan is smoking? Whoa. Terrible self-destructive (yes, Dr Now, a self destructive mode.)  I love that man. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

Late getting here! How are y'all doing? 

We traveled from North Dakota to San Antonio today with twins who are almost 2. We flew. And managed to eat healthy in spite of it.  We're exhausted.. 

And not feeling your baby move is terrifying.  Been there done that. And wound up having a still birth. Glad they found the heartbeat. 

I am so very sorry for your loss. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

She really needs skin removal surgery! She has a really nice face and pretty eyes, but that turkey neck really competes for attention.

Her hair looks nice. Oh, jeez, she smokes?

1 minute ago, aliya said:

I'm trying to make myself feel better for having the carbs by telling myself they are hippie "certified organic" graham cracker carbs. I'm sure my blood sugar can tell the difference. : )

Bettie Jo was pretty big. How come she got 30 pounds in 2 munts (15 lbs a month) and the doc could barely contain himself when Janine only lost 15 lbs? 

Someone speculated last week that the amount he tells them to lose initially might have to do with other health issues/test results that we don't get to see.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

The romaine recall is only for lettuce you buy already chopped - like is salad bags. If you buy the hearts or buy organic you are good. 

Oh, good to know, thanks! I eat romaine like these folks eat burgers and pizza, but I buy organic hearts, so I should be doubly good. 

• Love 3

Okay.  I'm from St. Louis and I have NEVER seen the hot and cold water towers.  We do have a giant ketchup bottle water tower, but those?  Dunno where those are. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

Oh, good to know, thanks! I eat romaine like these folks eat burgers and pizza, but I buy organic hearts, so I should be doubly good. 

We eat a bundle of it here too. Plus we have a guinea pig. So we go through tons. I buy the organic too except in the spring/summer when my daughter grows it. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Kid said:

I like Susan.  She is honest with herself and with him.  No excuses, no denying she was cheating.

Her attitude has changed as much as her ass has. She was quite a piece of work before. And yes, I am starting to realize I really should turn off the television and step outside.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I’m not convinced that anyone involved is mentally competent. Including me, for watching this. 

I know, right? It's an irresistible guilty pleasure for me.

TLC does a good job of giving us a window into people's dysfunction, and this show is a veritable cornucopia of just that! Even something simple like getting onto an airplane becomes drama when the person has to get three seats. 

As for schadenfreude, anyone can watch this show and feel better about themselves. Anyone.

I'm watching Bettie Jo right now and listening to her narration in that slow choppy voice of hers... and I think she really does have undiagnosed mental retardation. If not, her IQ is certainly bordering on it. This should indicate to her family that they need to keep a closer eye on her so that she doesn't fall prey to creepy people. 

The husband still seems sketchy to me. 

In that choppy slow voice, Bettie Jo talks as if she were living in the "after" picture. Sorry, but 400+ pounds isn't much of an after picture.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

We eat a bundle of it here too. Plus we have a guinea pig. So we go through tons. I buy the organic too except in the spring/summer when my daughter grows it. 

You nibble on your guinea pig? Well, that's protein.....

• Love 9

Geico commercial with guy on reclining bike. I swear, every campus I've been on, some smug looking idiot is biking around in one of these as if he (and it is always a 'he') is special. No, you're not special. You're just like those guys who go around in shorts when it's 20 degrees and 6" of snow on the ground. You just like to be the center of attention.

I don't know why this stuff gets me so peeved, but it does.  Campus life.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Awww, we had a guinea pig years ago.  Let me tell you, she could eat her share of salad greens & got so excited when she heard me opening the crisper drawer of the refrigerator.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4
Just now, Barb23 said:

Awww, we had a guinea pig years ago.  Let me tell you, she could ear her share of salad greens & got so excited when she heard me opening the crisper drawer of the refrigerator.  

The chihuahua gets excited when I open the dry roasted peanuts jar. That itty bitty sound rouses him out of a dead sleep. 

• Love 9
Just now, CringeWatcher said:

The chihuahua gets excited when I open the dry roasted peanuts jar. That itty bitty sound rouses him out of a dead sleep. 

Mine liked goldfish crackers.

• Love 1