Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Bettie Jo & Susan LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think we would have heard about it if she hadn't. I just hope she has the energy to take care of a baby.

I know; I was just being snarky.

Josh should be happy...another one who will need him (for a while, at least).

• Love 2

That baby was so tiny.      I do get the feeling that Betty Jo's husband really does love her and maybe she has been the only person to show him love, kindness and loyalty and that is why he is/was so afraid of losing her.        They do seem like a really happy couple but I didn't watch her episode so maybe I haven't got the full picture.   

• Love 2
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

Preston is a cutie. I'm surprised that she was able to deliver naturally. 

I was surprised too. I think it’s a testament to how unhealthy she really is that they couldn’t do a c-section.  Most docs are quick to do that in high risk situations. I’m sure the docs were worried about having to let her deliver vaginally. She didn’t seem to be in much pain so I wonder how they did an epidural with her weight and back problem. 

• Love 6

Susan could also benefit from some dental work as well.  

Susan "trying to stop" vs. "stopping" are two different things.

Good Lord, she's scared again.  I wonder if some of these folks would benefit from some pharmacologic intervention (anti-depressants/mood stabilizers) seems like that might help.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, zoemom said:

Now Susan is scared.  Hmm I sense a pattern here!

This is a scary show!

Just now, Smoothcoat said:

It’s dumb Susan doesn’t have a scale.

They never seem to have scales. Most home scales probably don't go above 3-400 but after they make significant progress you'd think they'd get one. They shouldn't be going to the doctor's office having no idea if they've gotten anywhere close to their goals.

I have a bathroom scale which always reads about 8 pounds less than the one at the gym at work (the kind with the sliders). Unfortunately my doctor's scale agrees with the gym. :-/

• Love 3

Though I do think the women on this episode and their enablers are what we’d call “low functioning” at work, I think they script these narrations and have the participants read them, which adds to the problem.  I’ve seen deep fryers in beds on this show, but can’t recall ever seeing a book.  Most of the voiceovers on these episode have the cadence of a third grader who was just called on to read a passage out loud in class.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

I was surprised too. I think it’s a testament to how unhealthy she really is that they couldn’t do a c-section.  Most docs are quick to do that in high risk situations. I’m sure the docs were worried about having to let her deliver vaginally. She didn’t seem to be in much pain so I wonder how they did an epidural with her weight and back problem. 

That's what I thought - that they would do a C-section because of her health issues and size. Natural delivery was a surprise.  I'm not gonna snark on the birth/baby. That's what she and Josh wanted and I know I've been blessed by having my son, so I'm gonna shut up. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Can they please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, abolish the use of the word "scared" on this show?

May I add “journey” to the list of words we’re banning? Everybody on this show is on a “journey” but most of them never seem to get anywhere.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, EE2000 said:

That baby was so tiny.      I do get the feeling that Betty Jo's husband really does love her and maybe she has been the only person to show him love, kindness and loyalty and that is why he is/was so afraid of losing her.        They do seem like a really happy couple but I didn't watch her episode so maybe I haven't got the full picture.   

You must watch the original episode if only to see the Joshua cooking Hamburger Helper scene.  Truly an early 600lb classic.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh wow check out Susan in those blue jeans at her session with Dr. Baby Voice! Looks so much better and as others have said just some skin removal, dental work, new hairstyle etc. will make her look even better.

Lipstick. Brighten your face up with some lipstick before you leave the house. A little blush and mascara wouldn't hurt either. Just sayin'...

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Susan could also benefit from some dental work as well.  

Susan "trying to stop" vs. "stopping" are two different things.

Good Lord, she's scared again.  I wonder if some of these folks would benefit from some pharmacologic intervention (anti-depressants/mood stabilizers) seems like that might help.

I think so too. She seems so sad. And I also think she needs to get away from her mother, continue her therapy, and go to Overeaters Anonymous. Those meetings will help her keep on track.  They take place every day and attending the meetings while in therapy too would do her a world of good.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

Even Nate and Jeremiah are scared

I don’t watch that show, but on the commercials they look like the same person to me. Like a gay designer with a child and multiple personality disorder. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Shibori said:

Though I do think the women on this episode and their enablers are what we’d call “low functioning” at work, I think they script these narrations and have the participants read them, which adds to the problem.  I’ve seen deep fryers in beds on this show, but can’t recall ever seeing a book.  Most of the voiceovers on these episode have the cadence of a third grader who was just called on to read a passage out loud in class.

There was the one a few weeks ago (can't remember her name) who liked to write in her journal and her big post-weight-loss-hey-I-can-walk-a-little outing was to a bookstore (where I think she bought another blank journal).

2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

That blouse Susan is working is ugly as hell. Style, color. All of it. Dr Baby Voice drives me nuts. 

I hate those open-shoulder tops. They're so misleading on hangers in stores, too. They look like a tank top and then you pick it up and realized there are barely-connected sleeves.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

May I add “journey” to the list of words we’re banning? Everybody on this show is on a “journey” but most of them never seem to get anywhere.

Because most of them can't walk. You can't get anywhere if you're stationary.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

You must watch the original episode if only to see the Joshua cooking Hamburger Helper scene.  Truly an early 600lb classic.

Hopefully I can get around to watching it tomorrow and I may have seen parts of it and I just don't remember.