Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

So I succumbed and watched the Stormy Daniels and Comey interviews.

Stormy- Meghan came thisclose to calling Stormy a prostitute, when she disingenuously said that she doesn’t look down on women who are adult stars or “whatever,” is what she said. Her expression was saying the opposite.

Comey- Don’t have anything else to add that everyone else have already said, EXCEPT: WHY did no one correct Meghan’s hostile and bitter ass that Hoover DIED while he was still director-so he couldn’t have written a book while he was still Director.

??‍♀️ ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

She really proved today how much of an intellectual IDIOT she is. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 23
7 hours ago, Jaded said:
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not sure Meghan knew anything about Hoover. That was just the only name she knew.

She obviously didn't know he died while still being the director.

Her question will be in the hall of fame of stupid talk show questions.  We get to relive this for years to come.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Wings said:

The head of the FBI will always have a bias and though he is not enchanted with the repubs now, he will be again when someone else runs.  

A fantasy for the future would be appointing 2 one from each party to fill the position for a check and balance situation. 

The current way is for FBI directors to serve 10-year terms so as not to appear partisan. We are in an age where nothing is normal anymore.

Tinfoil hat! Unless Meghan ad-libbed the J Edgar Hoover line, *someone* had to have known she was gonna say that and let her fall on her face. Elisabeth Hasselbeck always had her blue cards and would go over them with Bill Geddie; she approached topics like an overly eager debate student. FACT. COUNTERFACT. STATISTIC. Meghan with Comey made Elisabeth's awkward interview with Kathy Griffin look like Frost/Nixon.

And Stormy Daniels owned her too!

(paraphrased)

MM: Why didn't you come forward before?

SD: Because I knew I would have to answer questions like that.

• Love 21
22 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Given that Stormy Daniels' career is in adult films, one would think that her husband(s) have different expectations regarding fidelity. I find her openness about it more refreshing than someone with a newly born baby catting around and paying hush money to keep an affair hidden.

At least 2 of her 3 husbands are also in the industry.

• Love 6

Update from Atlanta, I still can't watch it, I think I'll watch a serial killer show on ID instead.  And, yes. I am still deep into gin and tonics, but I think the glare from that lipstick on RBM will make me toss 'em.  Oi, don't ever waste your drinks on a tart. Burp. Splat.  

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

WHY did no one correct Meghan’s hostile and bitter ass that Hoover DIED while he was still director-so he couldn’t have written a book while he was still Director.

I think they enjoyed watching her dig that hole.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Orillia said:

I think they enjoyed watching her dig that hole.

Oh yes.  They are as done with her as we are, probably more so.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Update from Atlanta, I still can't watch it, I think I'll watch a serial killer show on ID instead.  And, yes. I am still deep into gin and tonics, but I think the glare from that lipstick on RBM will make me toss 'em.  Oi, don't ever waste your drinks on a tart. Burp. Splat.  

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Speaking of mispronunciations, know-it-all Whoopi mispronounced cállate.

I'm all for pointing out Whoopi's mistakes, but I didn't notice a mispronunciation. (Have i been saying it wrong all my life? ?)

Something I DID notice, she said Barbara Bush was 91, instead of 92.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

Bar is an icon on another board the I visit - we call her the Queen of the Dark Arts and other things I won't repreat here. She had an uncanny ability to slice people down with the simplest of comments, all delivered while smiling. I would love that have seen her up against Megz on the View - she would have made filleted her and Megz would have thought it was a compliment.

Bar??  Please excuse my ignorance, but what is that?

8 hours ago, Onceafan said:

I was annoyed that Meghan seemed to dominate the questions.

Me too!  What was up with that????        She led off with the first question and then just went on and on.  She asked half the questions  and there were 4 other people!  Why did they let her get away with that??????                                                                                    

• Love 10

I guess Comey didn't bring a book for everyone in the audience. I thought he wants people to "read the book," as he said numerous times. I guess they have to line his pockets in order to read the juicy details. Oh, well. 

Love how Sara is in charge of the "fluffy" questions.

• Love 1

I'm noticing that Meghan is not dyeing her hair anymore. Or at least I'm noticing that the roots are not the same almost-white as the rest of her hair (as someone said long ago, she needs lowlights). It makes me wonder if she is trying to get pregnant (for those who wonder why I'm bringing up non sequiturs, pregnant women are advised not to use traditional hair dye).

Sorry to be so shallow, but this forum has been on fire today with smart, insightful, and witty comments. You humble me!

A friend of mine who is a former journalist and very much on top of current events posted this article today with the comment, "I don’t hate Meghan McCain. But she is truly too dumb to be in this business."

Meghan McCain's Face-Off With James Comey Made Me Want to Die

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Fannysue said:

Me too!  What was up with that????        She led off with the first question and then just went on and on.  She asked half the questions  and there were 4 other people!  Why did they let her get away with that??????                                                                                    

It's just one of those mysteries of life.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Didn't Mitch McConnell threaten President Obama about releasing Russian's involvement in the election? I was reading Twitter - a journalist mentioned this - that both sets of information should have been released. 

I don't disagree, but I do think it's plausible that it was a decision made by the Obama and I think there's some rationale as to why. Of course now that more information has been uncovered, in hindsight, everyone agrees that it should have been. But also my point being that I'm not convinced that the Russian investigation would changed the outcome of the election unless they released information about Russia trying to intervene in the elections with an anti-Hillary agenda. That would have left many assuming the possibility that Trump may be involved, however he wasn't a person of interest at that time (according to Comey). It's just a big mess.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

"Politics is what we do, not who we are."  I can't stand Dana Perino but this made me laugh since it is so fitting for Meghan.  

When she said that I replied to my TV saying that someone needs to tell RBM that.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Richard said:

ABC needs to pay bucket loads of money to Ana Navarro to get her to join the panel. 

She a prime example of being able to be passionate about what she believes in without screeching. 

... & she's really witty!!

• Love 19

I'm a little torn.  It's truly symbolic that Ana is sitting in Meghan's chair and it pleases me to see her there.  But surely Ana - a family friend - has mixed feelings about trolling Meghan in regards to her job.  Ana has to know that folks are speculating that she's Meghan's replacement, and she's not bothered by how this makes Meghan feel.

I snickered a little and hoped that Meghan tuned in to see her upgrade, but I felt a little bad about it.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Ana has to know that folks are speculating that she's Meghan's replacement, and she's not bothered by how this makes Meghan feel.

Well, in one of the last appearances when Ana and Meghan were both on, Meghan called Ana a RINO. Ana handled it with class but I don't think Ana needs to be bothered. It's BUSINESS.

• Love 18

Today's episode is not totally Meghan free. She shows up in the pre-taped interview with Guiliana Rancic wearing a printed black shirt stating "This Ain't No Disco."  Does the wardrobe department hate M, or is it her own choice to wear outfits with animals and cheesy slogans?

Edited by Radar
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Radar said:

Does the wardrobe department hate M, or is it her own choice to wear outfits with animals and cheesy slogans?

At this point I think it's fair to say the wardrobe department hates her and she has bad taste.

• Love 16

Points to whoever it was that guessed Meghan was only sticking around for the Comey interview before she disappeared. Ana was like a breath of fresh air after a week and a half of her. Hopefully she'll be back for tomorrow's show.

My sympathy goes out to Sara and her friends. That would be hard to go through.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm a little torn.  It's truly symbolic that Ana is sitting in Meghan's chair and it pleases me to see her there.  But surely Ana - a family friend - has mixed feelings about trolling Meghan in regards to her job.  Ana has to know that folks are speculating that she's Meghan's replacement, and she's not bothered by how this makes Meghan feel.

I snickered a little and hoped that Meghan tuned in to see her upgrade, but I felt a little bad about it.

I don't.  

Why reward stupidity and hatred?  

• Love 18

That is the entertainment business.  Doesn't matter if you are a actor or host on a talk show.   When your contract is up you will offered another one or not.  

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Does anyone know what the studio audience sees when we are watching a pre-taped interview, like today's?

It must be on the large monitor behind the table.

23 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I wonder what Giuliana looks like in person...she is SO skeletal and unattractive on television.   Am I the only one who doesn't appreciate anything about her and wonder how she's employed and (apparently) revered?  

I am just watching now and she hasn't come on yet.  Revered?  I feel neutral toward her.  

23 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I know, I know I shouldn't feel bad for Meghan.  She never deserved a seat at the table.  It's just awkward if a "family friend" takes her position.  Someone smack me so I can snap out of it.

Again, they all know how it goes.  Here today, gone tomorrow.  Every republican is a "family friend" in her mind.  I am fine with her leaving and friend Ana taking her place (understatement of the century). :>

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I guess Comey didn't bring a book for everyone in the audience. I thought he wants people to "read the book," as he said numerous times. I guess they have to line his pockets in order to read the juicy details. Oh, well. 

Love how Sara is in charge of the "fluffy" questions.

The book hasn't been published yet, has it?

41 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I know, I know I shouldn't feel bad for Meghan.  She never deserved a seat at the table.  It's just awkward if a "family friend" takes her position.  Someone smack me so I can snap out of it.

Show business is the devil (and Meghan, "The View" is show business, not politics). This show constantly recycles, especially The Conservative (tm). Also, Ana rightfully handed Meghan her ass on a plate when Meghan failed -- refused, really -- to understand how an immigrant from a Latin country could dare call herself a Republican and also disagree with the administration regarding DACA.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

The book hasn't been published yet, has it?

Yes it is available now.

Ana might consider the McCain's friends but I doubt Meghan considers Ana a friend.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Points to whoever it was that guessed Meghan was only sticking around for the Comey interview before she disappeared. Ana was like a breath of fresh air after a week and a half of her. Hopefully she'll be back for tomorrow's show.

My sympathy goes out to Sara and her friends. That would be hard to go through.

Nope. According to @Alexis2291, we'll be stuck with the Mooch.

giphy.gif

You're welcome.

As for what the studio audience sees during the taped interviews, I suspect they're in the audience, and it's being taped...so they see what we see? I mean the show is live normally, but it's still being taped.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Anthony Scaramucci will be co-hosting again tomorrow. Ugh. Really? You're telling me no one else is available except the freakin' Mooch?! 

That guy's never met a camera he didn't love. I wonder if he'll remind us about his time in the White House .

Edited by Orillia
grammer
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Orillia said:

That guy's never met a camera he didn't love. I wonder if he'll remind us about his time in the White House .

The whole 10 days?  The Mooch Era.  Lol

Ana is a grown up. She can disagree without shouting or sulking or having her ears turn red. She understands that other people can have differing opinions and we all benefit from lively discourse rather than screaming tribal buzzwords.  She knows a different opinion isn't a personal attack.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 20
49 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope. According to @Alexis2291, we'll be stuck with the Mooch.

giphy.gif

You're welcome.

As for what the studio audience sees during the taped interviews, I suspect they're in the audience, and it's being taped...so they see what we see? I mean the show is live normally, but it's still being taped.

I believe the poster was asking, what does the current audience see when a pre-taped interview is airing in the middle of a live show? 

I assume the pre-taped interview is on the big screen while the hosts take a break. 

• Love 3