Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Tap That App

• Start Topic

Nico Tortorella and Courtney Love were black holes of humor during that runway. They might be fans of the show, but as judges, they blew completely. Also as posters on the Younger forum know, I cannot stand Nico's thirsty thirsty ass. 

Yuhua was such a bust tonight. I thought she was supposed to be a comedy queen. Her lines weren't funny. But the writing for the pathological liars app was way worse.

I'm glad they had it out with Aquaria. She's can dish it out, but can't take it.

Dusty's coming out story was heartbreaking. While the contrast with Blair reminded me so much of Naomi Smalls' super supportive Mormon family.

• Love 6

This ep just didn't do it for me! Trying to create on the fly has never been the forte of these b!tches! If it wins, more like an accident than true talent and "chops!" We're finding out Miss Cracker's the real deal while Aquaria's just FOS! Love me some Dusty! Why are there 2 "Bob The DQ" performing this season? ;-)

• Love 2

Mayhem Miller is just... Fierce!  Yuhua didn't stand a chance against her in the Lip Sync.  Mayhem was really fishy in the mini challenge! Face was flawless.

"Celebrity Skin" is the only reason I know Courtney Love. She is the living embodiment of "Don't Do Drugs".

Kameron Michaels sure was "MalifiCher". 

Was it me or was RuPaul really breathless tonight? He sounded weird.  

• Love 2

Monique’s runway look was the most stunning for me, but her middle placement was fair given the challenge performance.

I was really worried for Mayhem, but now I’m rooting for her harder than ever. She murdered that lip sync. Watching the two of them square off cracked me up — when I was in middle school lip syncing to probably that exact song in the mirror, I was aiming for Mayhem but was much more Uhua for sure. Not the easiest song to lip sync to, but that was a sad attempt.

Aquaria’s runway really reminded me of a Gaga look — am I crazy? I thought it was from the “art film” intro to the GUY video but I just skimmed through it and I don’t think that’s it.

• Love 3

RuPaul had a cold, I think.

The lip sync didn't seem that good to me. I don't think either of them were right for the song. I didn't expect either of them to be bottom two, though. As always, the honest discussion between the queens was better than any created drama.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Was it me or was RuPaul really breathless tonight? He sounded weird.  

I heard it too. He sounded like he had a cold or some sinus issues. Poor guy just had no energy most of the episode. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Oh, and "Spider!" "SPIDER!" "SPPIIIIDDDERRR!!!!"

That was so ridiculous! No one likes bugs, but that little thing wasn't even worth one scream, much less all that hollering! ;-)

• Love 5
(edited)

On the acting challenge I think most of the queens were middle of the road this week.. Apart from Asia´s funny face (thats a gif/meme material) and Blair charming character, everyone else was meh, even Eureka (she was there in the top because the others were reeeaally boring and it seems judges want to boost her confidence).

On the runway tho, there were so very good looks, specially from the queens that thought outside the box.. Kameron´s look? Daaamm, that was perfection, every single detail, so good that is the first time I really saw some potential on her, too bad she had to suck on the main challenge. While I think many of those queens could find themselves in trouble based on underwhelming acting (I dont know if its the cast or the material they came with this week) Mayhem really put herself in trouble by accept do so little (lesson learned I guess) and Yuhua.. oh Yuhua... She seems like a nice queen but she was clueless and I think I saw maybe some culture barrier going on because she was misreading even simple stuff the girls tried to comunicate with her.. However, her using those fake excuses was lame (the queens TOLD HER to be more ugly, not the opposite, don´t blame them). The lip-sync was the fair representation of both in the competition: Mayhem is a fighter, a nice queen that can go fierce if her ass is on the line, while Yuhua tries, but she miss the mark for being clueless.

I still need to watch untucked to see how things went off stage.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, CaioF said:

On the acting challenge I think most of the queens were middle of the road this week.. Apart from Asia´s funny face (thats a gif/meme material) and Blair charming character, everyone else was meh, even Eureka (she was there in the top because the others were reeeaally boring and it seems judges want to boost her confidence).

On the runway tho, there were so very good looks, specially from the queens the thought outside the box.. Kameron´s look? Daaamm, that was perfection, every single detail, so good that first time I really saw some potential on her, too bad she had to suck on the main challenge. While I think many of those queens could find themselves in trouble based on underwhelming acting (I dont know if its the cast or the material they came with this week) Mayhem really put herself in trouble by accept do so little (lesson learned I guess) and Yuhua.. oh Yuhua... She seems like a nice queen but she was clueless and I think I saw maybe some culture barrier going on because she was misreading even simple stuff the girls tried to comunicate with her.. However, her using those fake excuses was lame (the queens TOLD HER to be more ugly, not the opposite, don´t blame them). The lip-sync was the fair representation of both in the competition: Mayhem is a fighter, a nice queen that can go fierce if her ass is on the line, while Yuhua tries, but she miss the mark for being clueless.

I still need to watch untucked to see how things went off stage.

We're going to be disappointed for the most part due to the stress of needing to be perfect on so many fronts; talent, appearance, and runway! It's hard to get it right every night! ;-)

34 minutes ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

I heard it too. He sounded like he had a cold or some sinus issues. Poor guy just had no energy most of the episode. 

I don't know if it was re-recorded in a room with crappy acoustics because Ru's voice was just that bad on the first day or the producers having to jack the microphone way up to hear what he was saying or what, but some of the explanation for the maxi-challenge sounded nearly as distorted as the directions during the mini-challenge.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wooow, watchin untucked now.. The call out on Aquaria behavior (even before Drag Race) and The Vixen bringing the potential for her be creating scenes the will set the racists against her.. Thats something it was talked on forums but I dont recall this being said on the show before and I think its about time... She is too harsh/confrontantional, buut, it is easier for the audience to jump on Aquaria´s crying ´´attacked`` white queen agains the confrontational/pointing fingers black queen. Maybe it can finally raise some awareness on the fans?. Aquaria needed that call out. The Vixen tho, she needs to tone it down just a bit.. You can get your point across without be so cutthroat.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 8

There are some beautiful queens this season - Asia and Yuhua in particular - Yuhua is simply gorgeous in and out of drag. 

Aquaria was still unlikable, in her flawless & stunning runway makeup - those eyes & tears of blood were to die for - and The Vixen was bang on in her Untucked takedown.  I wanted to reach through the tv when Aquaria started with the forced crying.

I'm glad we got to hear so much real talk tonight in the workroom and Untucked - powerful stuff.   

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, niklj said:

Why did the judges not comment on the similarities between Eureka and Yuhua's Crow queen dresses?!

I liked a lot of the looks though.

I think the most of the similarity was because of the crow (it actually looked like they were two crow Queens that fought each other and Eureka beat Yuhua), and since most of the queens where inspired by birds, it should be expected same inspirations, but it wasnt thaat similar. The most problematic looks for this week/my bottom three would be Yuhua (reasons judges already gave), Dusty (giiirl, you stepped up last week, what type of rare beat down bird this was supose to be?) and Monet (pretty much same basic look from last week just with a little feathers add on.. This is not a recycle challenge).

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 1

I liked the Vixen's Peacock look and was surprised not to see more peacocks on the runway. Asia's tweety bird was kind of puffy, but fun. She looked the drag sister of Jordan Peele.  There were a lot of good looks this week.

I liked the way they called out Aquaria. I'm new to this show, so I have no idea how much racism will pepper perceptions. I thought Miz Cracker (in blue) summed it up well. 

I liked them talking about their families. My heart went out to Dusty.

• Love 5
(edited)

Rupaul - May have caught that killer flu at the beginning of its run last year.

Courtney Love - Was either high or had suffered a stroke.

Mayhem - Was so beautiful during the mini challenge, and so fierce at the lip synch. She can cry all she wants as long as she’s serving this.

Eureka - Won this challenge in my eyes, but if AS3 has taught me anything it’s: never question Rupaul’s decisions on who shantays, sashays or slays ever again.

Asia - Somewhere Jaidynn Diore Fierce is watching and thinking “Did that bitch just win with the same ‘That’s So Raven’ face that landed me in the bottom?”

Blair St. Clair - Won me over with her desperate tap dancing.

Dusty Ray Bottoms - Broke my heart with her desperate flight from her family. She probably would rather have been left at a bus stop than tell her parents and clergy who all she had sex with.

Aquaria - This passive aggression needs to end.

The Vixen - This aggressive aggression needs to end.

Miz Cracker - Wasn’t the only one ready to flip her damn fascinator.

Yuhua - Should have saved her overreaction for the acting challenge instead of the makeup mirror. She kind of disappeared even before she got sent home.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 12

I know that every season, we get workroom stories about the queens coming out or not being accepted, but they still get me every single time. Hearing Dusty's story had me in tears. No one should ever have to go through that. It makes me so happy to hear stories like Monet's.

Aquaria is THE WORST. She thinks she can dish it out, but she really isn't even capable of that, let alone at getting back as good as she (thinks she) gave. I can't stand people like that who start shit, can't back it up, and then say things like "I'm not talking to you" to try to shut down the other person only to continue bitching about the same thing two seconds later. I'm fully with Vixen on this.

I liked the dress that Blair wore on the runway EXCEPT for the white feathers which seemed extraneous and not of the best quality (I am super picky about feathers and those seemed short, stubby, and straight out of a cheap craft store bag). Her face is always gorgeous on the runway, which makes me want to have her do my makeup so that I can walk around looking flawless for a day.

Miz Cracker's blue sequined dress was nice but the gold cage skirt added some extra drama for the runway.

Loved the iridescent black feathers on Eureka's outfit. I also liked how dramatic her look was, especially because it was so different from the other looks we've seen from her this season. Her smoky eye makeup combined with those light contacts were gorgeous.

Loved the Vixen's peacock look. She's a little awkward when she thinks she's prancing though.

Monique Heart's white and gold outfit was great. Loved the cape and the winged look when she raised her arms.

Mayhem Miller's pink and black dress was beautiful. That bright pink color was great on her.

Dusty's look was a mess. The base of the outfit was just a bustier so I knew the judges wouldn't like that. The green feathers were sprouting haphazardly which was not flattering to her body. I was not a fan of the makeup choices either. I liked the shoes and the wig though!

Kameron's bird version of Maleficent was dramatic and over the top and awesome. Loved the wings and the dress.

Monet's dress wasn't as flattering to her body as it could have been. I was sure the judges would read her for that. I thought that it had more beading than feathers so although it qualified, it wasn't as feathery as some of the others.

Asia O'Hara cracked me up with that Tweety Bird costume. I love that she fully embraced doing a funny runway look. I also loved her glittery makeup underneath her long bangs.

I liked Yuhua's black feathered dress with the crows and her makeup was beautiful.

Aquaria's sounded bird dress looked like one of those 80s nightgowns.

The end of days app was funny and it was the overall winner for me.

The fibstr app had two funny segments but some of their ad didn't make sense. Mayhem's attitude throughout the process sucked. She didn't say anything and then bitched during her talking head interviews.

The butterface app was funny until they got to Yuhua's segment which made no sense. Asia was so hilarious. Between the ugly face she gave herself and the deadpan faces she made, she was the best part of the ad.

It was clear that the judges did not like Yuhua's performance in the butterface ad, her runway look, or her attitude when she talked back so I knew that she would have to be a lip sync assassin in order to stay in the competition.

Celebrity Skin! I loved that video back in the day.

• Love 3

I need to re-watch this episode still, and watch untucked, but it was definitely fun here's some stream of consciousness reaction... I too thought Ru sounded like she was losing her voice... I'm pretty sure they came back and re-dubbed the workroom mini-challenge / maxi explaination... but on the runway you could tell she was fighting to get what she was saying out and clear.  Courtney Act has really let herself go... I don't know if it's the vegan diet, or the time spent in the Big Brother house, but she was a mess as a judge.... kidding, I know it was Courtney Love... and she was still a mess... I'm pretty sure she was judging from a K-hole. (pun intended).  I was so scared for Miss Mayhem, but when she started the LSFYL, I said "Bye Yuhua-lecia" cause it was obvious who was staying.  Kameron is gorgeous and I live for the costumes, but she really does give that same The Princess-too-zen-for-my-own-good vibe.... she needs to figure out how to turn it up to 11 for the acting type challenges, or she's not long for this world. 

• Love 1

The Vixen v Aquaria drama in Untucked was wall-to-wall unpleasantness for me, and I'm curious to see what happens next episode -- the very little downtime they get to decompress before "next week's" challenges start filming may not give them enough time to take a deep breath and just let it go.

Right now, I'm very torn on The Vixen. The first two weeks I thought her bitchery was accurate and necessary. But this week...I don't know. Aquaria's not my fave, and it was dumb as hell to provoke The Vixen after getting her ass served to her a few times already by now, but The Vixen's clapbacks made less and less sense. It got juvenile, and I think we had to rely on the peanut gallery to really sell and explain her points.

I think I get why The Vixen was so set off by Aquaria's combination of "you're negative" and tears -- and she was right, that does set a Venus flytrap for the show and the fandom to create a racially-charged villain narrative. But it was just a mess, and also I'm still trying to wrap my head around how she can be so conscious of the "angry black queen" phenomenon and also literally from the jump frame herself as being here to fight. Not "I will read a bitch", or "I'm a shady queen", but here to fight. And that's what she's been doing, really, there hasn't been any of the subtlety or cutting wit of shade or reading, it's just been confrontation. And I'm here for that too...as long as it makes sense. This week's Untucked was messy as all hell and I hope she takes a second to breathe and reset -- on her own, not because anyone told her to. Aquaria is still a very worthy target imo, but she needs to get back to not letting her get away with bullshit instead of piling on a bunch of disjointed tactics to "win" a fight.

• Love 6

Courtney Love has lived a harsh life but she seemed like she was totally strung out in this episode. She wasn't even lucid.

I enjoyed Blair's "Arma-geddon laid tonight!"

Aquaria needs to simmah dahn nah. She needs a thicker skin. Vixen is pokin' her because it's so easy.

• Love 7

For the first time, I'm having a REALLY hard time differenciating the queens from one another, I can't tell who they are in drag or out. There are so many queens, it's utter chaos to my eyes. I know Eureka, and I'm rooting for her now, she paints her face so beautifully and I love her humor and her accent.

• Love 13

I totally agree with those who said Kameron was giving off Princess vibes. Lucky for her she didn't get crushed the way the Princess did after she bombed the acting challenge. 

I unreservedly love Mayhem, even if she was her own worst enemy, and even if she did prompt Michelle to say the biggest reality TV show cliche of all time. Mayhem is just so sweet.

I don't love the Vixen, but she definitely compares well to Aquagirl. Can't blame her for sticking up for herself. 

They had me dying when Monet, I think, mentioned Miss Vanjie, and all the queens repeated her name. It was meant to be!

• Love 2
(edited)

I freaking love this season so far. Even in an episode where the challenge was only okay (though nowhere near bad) I was thoroughly entertained the whole way through. I think it's the combination of a truly great cast and the supersized episodes.

I knew going in that Asia would be a strong competitor, but I was a bit worried she'd be this season's Shea - hyper polished, the consummate professional, fantastic at everything but completely vanilla in terms of personality. I was most definitely wrong about that, and I'm so glad to see how extra she is.

Kameron's look tonight could very well go down as one of my all-time favorites. Really, after a disappointing runway last week most of them really came to slay this time around. 

Edited by Xazeal
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, buttercupia said:

the new pit crew guy, Asaf, was on the most recent season of worst cooks in america. he made it to the semi final!

Is that really Asaf? I thought it sure looked like him, but I couldn't find any confirmation that he's one of the Pit Crew now.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, buttercupia said:

the new pit crew guy, Asaf, was on the most recent season of worst cooks in america. he made it to the semi final!

Wow! I did not know this! He was also a contestant on MTV's Are You the One? I'm really surprised he hasn't tuned up on The Challenge. Sorry about the extra quote boxes.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, buttercupia said:

OMG, thank you!!! I kept saying I knew who that was! I was thinking it was Damiano, but couldn't believe that would be true...boy, did I hate him on WCiA...I wonder which show came first?

(edited)

Vixen is always at a 10 and makes me go 'uh, I kind of agree with Cracker' but then Aquaria's comments are 100% pure unadulterated prissy rich bitch that it makes my hair stand on end. "I just think it's interesssssssssting that your [verbal airquotes] best [/verbal airquotes] drag wasn't your drag though." And Aquaria kept hammering on the "it wasn't your drag" even in the middle of pretending to be aggrieved. Vixen is obviously a queen on a budget, she's proud of her ability to hustle. She bartered for the wig for one she had, so in her mind it's a fair exchange. Then this snooty fetus in a dress that's probably more expensive than Vixen's whole wardrobe airs her out for it in front of everyone. Of course Vixen was going to come for her! Like, are you joking? Cracker was exactly right in saying that Aquaria finds that one spot, stabs it, and then turns around with this 'who, innocent ol' me?' act. 

I agreed with Cracker that, pragmatically, Vixen needs to bring it down. But Vixen was way too riled up to hear any nonsense while Aquaria was Laganja Estrang'ing on the couch next to her. Now Vixen still looks like a bitch and probably lost a potential ally in Cracker, who has also been a victim of Aquaria's bs. Just, ugh.

I mean, even Dusty read Aquaria. Like, went out of his way to insert himself into the conversation and act as a character witness that Aquaria's a shit off the show , too. Like, damn. 

Agreed, Monet feels like Thorgy 2.0. I had such high hopes for her after that first challenge, too. 

Asia's runway is def one of my top 5 fav drag looks on the show. The detail with the eyemakeup was fully thought out and gorgeous too. Go Asia!

Mayhem has been working too long to shut down like that. She killed that lip sync though, good for her.

Edit: What would have been more effective, I think, is if Vixen had directly asked Aquaria the question she was implying. Vixen is always at a 10. She's ready to pop off. Ready to fight. Then why would Aquaria pick her, of all people, to goad if she didn't want to get a big dramatic reaction to bask in?

Edited by rozen
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, buttercupia said:

THANK YOU! I kept thinking where I knew him from. and it wasn't a back alley.

• Love 3

Had no clue who Nico the guest judge was. Courtney looked facially refreshed. And omg the mini challenge was So Much Fun, love love loved it! Ru's off camera  directions were hilarious and the queens' willingness to follow those hilarious prompts made my night. We need more fun challenges like this, show, please!

I was living for Kameron's runway! Some of you have mentioned her similarities to the Princess, I totally see that but really hope that Kameron does not follow her lead by sashaying away too early. 

The Vixen's takedown of Aquaria on Untucked gave me a thrill and honestly, I normally do not like confrontation. I can only hope that Aquaria actually learns something from this and that the Vixen is not villified (please note that I depend on you guys wrt the queens' social media presence, their fans & haters, etc.

Every time a queen divulges coming out on the show and Untucked, the pain, the emotions, the reactions from family and loved ones, the scars that may still resonate to this day, I just want to cry and hug that beautiful soul. You are loved, my beauties, you are loved. 

• Love 6
On 4/6/2018 at 8:08 AM, Mayberry said:

The new Pit Crew guy I swear I think is a guy that won a date with Farrah Abraham on Teen Mom OG and all he cared about was how his hair looked.

One of the Pit Crew guys I recognized was Asaf. He's been on a few MTV reality shows, most notably Are You The One.

11 hours ago, Mayberry said:

I think Bryce is straight. IIRC, he has talked about a girlfriend before.

Alright but if you tell me Jason is straight I will quit the show. Full on ugly-cry quit, like Adore.

11 hours ago, rozen said:

Mayhem has been working too long to shut down like that.

This bugged me about Mayhem. The judges are all rooting for her, she's friends with some of the most popular contestants in RPDR herstory, and she's super polished. She can stand up for herself with little risk.

I agree with Michelle and @ElectricBoogaloo that Blair's dress looked a little cheap, which is a shame because I think if she turned it on the runway she could have won. Mind you both of the challenges played to her personality, but she did fantastic in both of them. Her personality also just seems so genuine and sweet.

• Love 2

I caught that nod to Elvis Costello‘s song ‘Girls Talk’ (more commonly known by the Dave Edmunds cover version) in Rupaul’s video message when Ru says: "you may be an old-fashioned girl, but if you're not careful you’re going to get dated". 

5 hours ago, Egg said:
16 hours ago, Mayberry said:

I think Bryce is straight. IIRC, he has talked about a girlfriend before.

Alright but if you tell me Jason is straight I will quit the show. Full on ugly-cry quit, like Adore.

While I, for one, would have a new lease on life! I kid. Blair Underwood 2.0 is very cute, but I think I can resist his pecs, I mean, charms.

• Love 3

Ugh, The Vixen is vile, or getting a v bad edit. A very beautiful man out of drag, but all this bitter, ugly aggression is doing my head in. Then claiming the person (admittedly a petty vindictive goady little bitch who likes to play a broken record) who is 'causing' your anger is making you appear to be a reality tv racist staple, 'the angry black woman'?! For real. That's down to you. Chill down, ffs. Show some decorum. Blaming someone else for your rage response is bullshit.

Courtney Love did indeed look surprisingly refreshed of face - but I suspect she has been helping herself to a few other refreshments. My god! That was so distracting, the look on Ru's face as ole Courts drawled on sounding increasingly stoned in the background, out of shot. I kept thinking, is it smack, is it pills, is it....do they still make, quaaludes?

The eye-makeup in particular this season continues to be a marvel to view, and for that reason alone -  aside from the fact I hate angry shouting aggressive people, regardless of the provocation or lack thereof, on my screen or in my life - I hope Vixen and her pretty face go soon and Aquaria stays a while, and starts to measure her words a little more.

• Love 4

Yeah, it's hard to be either Team Vixen or Team Aquaria. I think Aquaria is very Violet Chachki, who I actually enjoyed because she was just so captivating to look at. I cannot take my eyes off Aquaria, but I find her very annoying and I think she is definitely bitchy. Vixen's response is so beyond OTT though. She is as angry as PhiPhi. Has nothing to do with her race although I understand what she meant. But if she doesn't want to be portrayed as the "angry black chick," maybe give us something BESIDES "angry black chick?" Right now I'm getting the anger of PhiPhi mixed with the "chip on her shoulder" of Nina Bo'nina Brown.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

But if she doesn't want to be portrayed as the "angry black chick," maybe give us something BESIDES "angry black chick?"

Well, it’s only 3 episodes in and there are still a lot of queens, so we haven’t seen more than one dimension to most of them, if that. Aquaria is still only showing prissy bitch, Mayhem is desperate to deliver her winning diva rep, Monet and Monique are essentially acting like audience members watching other queens go after each other and laughing or popping their eyeballs in shock, and I still don’t know what the personality is on muscle queen.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

Well, it’s only 3 episodes in and there are still a lot of queens, so we haven’t seen more than one dimension to most of them, if that. Aquaria is still only showing prissy bitch, Mayhem is desperate to deliver her winning diva rep, Monet and Monique are essentially acting like audience members watching other queens go after each other and laughing or popping their eyeballs in shock, and I still don’t know what the personality is on muscle queen.

I feel like Aquaria and Vixen are the only two that have been super one-dimensional so far (and Kameron has indeed been boring). I agree with your assessment of Aquaria, she is definitely a spoiled little brat/bitch. Miz Cracker, Monique, and Monet (ETA: also Asia) have all managed to show a lot of great personality with different facets so far.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, it's hard to be either Team Vixen or Team Aquaria. I think Aquaria is very Violet Chachki, who I actually enjoyed because she was just so captivating to look at. I cannot take my eyes off Aquaria, but I find her very annoying and I think she is definitely bitchy. Vixen's response is so beyond OTT though. She is as angry as PhiPhi. Has nothing to do with her race although I understand what she meant. But if she doesn't want to be portrayed as the "angry black chick," maybe give us something BESIDES "angry black chick?" Right now I'm getting the anger of PhiPhi mixed with the "chip on her shoulder" of Nina Bo'nina Brown.

This was sort of my takeaway too. I'm still basically on her side, but this week it seemed like we could really see her legs flailing to keep her above water -- the stereotyping issue, while very legitimate, seemed to be another disjointed thing heaped on top of her argument. The first two episodes she had a simple thesis and supporting argument. This week she tried to throw everything at the wall so she could win, and very little of it made much sense to me. 

And while I'm thrilled to see unapologetic dramatics vs Rupaul's Best Friends Race of season nine (where many of the queens came across as smug and sanctimonious imo), it's not fun drag queen bitchiness like we saw a lot in early seasons. While I'm mostly into Vixen's confrontational nature, she's just good at arguing, not shade or reading. Bianca she ain't. If this trend continues, it's going to teeter into Ink Master territory where there's obligatory shouting matches per episode. No thanks.

• Love 4