Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Two days of no Meghan... I think I'm in heaven.  I truly think her behavior on Monday is the reason we aren't seeing her on the show... that's just my view.

In regards to the Roseanne interview, I wonder if the hosts were given bad direction and/or were trying to not bring up politics etc.  I think a fan of the show should have been there (like myself) where I would have had lots of questions.  

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2018/03/roseanne-sitcom-for-everyone/

• Love 14

Gotcha guys!  Thanks for letting me know what exactly people are complaining about.  I tend to FF thru Hot Topics so I rely on this thread to know what's been discussed.  I sincerely thought that MM only talked about the harsh language (I can actually imagine her clutching her pearls!) at the march.  In any case, I agree with everyone that MM is ridiculous, I don't like her, and I think she's bad for the show.  It seems Joy and Sunny are so busy correcting MM that they themselves can't get deeper into an issue.

I still contend that MM is actually sick and no suspension has taken place.

And I'm still grateful I'm not on Twitter, it just sounds like a bunch of people whining and if I want to listen to that I can talk to my co-workers.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

I don't think she is sick, but I don't think she has been suspended or reprimanded.  I think she is just at home pouting.

• Love 21
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's a lot more than her saying that David Hogg used the F-bomb. (this was on Monday's show) If she's going to dish it out, she should be able to take it. Cuz, you know, she's "gangsta!" "mafia" and "a tough chick."

.....and the biggest hawk on TV!  

• Love 7

I'm going to get attacked for this I"m sure, but I actually understood and agreed with what Meghan was saying about the language being used by David Hodge in his speech. She quoted part of his speech, when he talked about having children's blood splattered on you, and still just having dollar signs in your eyes. Plus some of the speeches called NRA members murderers, and such.

Now I am absolutely for gun reform, and I applaud these children taking a stand, and was proud to see them march, but I don't like it, when one side uses language like murderer, or give a wide label to people on the opposing side.

It reminds me of when pro-life people, often times call pro choice people murderers, and that you want babies to be murdered. To me it feels the same. You are murderers, you want children to be murdered.  I feel that they are unfair statements to be made about a wide group of people.

Anyway it's just how I feel about the subject of what Meghan had discussed. Obviously others will disagree, but I'm just expressing my view on it.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

I don't think she is sick, but I don't think she has been suspended or reprimanded.  I think she is just at home pouting.

She may be avoiding the audience guests today, as for yesterday who knows.  

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Wings said:
  22 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

I agree. I think she was "highly encouraged" to stay home but nothing formally was done.

I bet she is out the rest of the week.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I'm going to get attacked for this I"m sure, but I actually understood and agreed with what Meghan was saying about the language being used by David Hodge in his speech. She quoted part of his speech, when he talked about having children's blood splattered on you, and still just having dollar signs in your eyes. Plus some of the speeches called NRA members murderers, and such.

Now I am absolutely for gun reform, and I applaud these children taking a stand, and was proud to see them march, but I don't like it, when one side uses language like murderer, or give a wide label to people on the opposing side.

It reminds me of when pro-life people, often times call pro choice people murderers, and that you want babies to be murdered. To me it feels the same. You are murderers, you want children to be murdered.  I feel that they are unfair statements to be made about a wide group of people.

Anyway it's just how I feel about the subject of what Meghan had discussed. Obviously others will disagree, but I'm just expressing my view on it.

@NotinKansasanymore

I'm not attacking you, however, I disagree with you, completely. 

ETA

Also, he's David Hogg; not Hodge. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
It's David Hogg
  • Love 13

I just saw yesterday's clip of Sunny being confused and I kind of have to jump on her defense here. She wasn't being coy or acting like she does when it comes to other topics, I think she was just generally confused because the ban on transgendered individuals in the army goes against what he previously said. Trump was for LGBTQ+ issues during his candidacy and said that Caitlyn Jenner was allowed to use whatever non Kardashian washroom that she wished.

So to turn around and ban them seems like it came out of nowhere.

Whoopi was getting worked up, but I wish she let Sunny finish her point because it wasn't about being confused about Trump being ridiculous, but about the contradiction of Trump's words and actions regarding the transgender issue, especially when he dodged the draft and should be letting anyone who wants to go to war go.

Edit: As much as I don't like Trump, I get the confusion because I don't think this is an issue he cares about. He doesn't care about the bathroom issue, so why would he care about war? Which makes me think it might be Pence doing this, because you know that he cares about this issue more than anyone.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Except when someone fights back and then she goes to her sick bed for two days.

After playing the victim and accusing people of attacking her.

9 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

As much as I don't like Trump, I get the confusion because I don't think this is an issue he cares about. He doesn't care about the bathroom issue, so why would he care about war? Which makes me think it might be Pence doing this, because you know that he cares about this issue more than anyone.

Either Pence or an attempted distraction and deflection from the Stormy business.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I think she was just generally confused because the ban on transgendered individuals in the army goes against what he previously said. Trump was for LGBTQ+ issues during his candidacy and said that Caitlyn Jenner was allowed to use whatever non Kardashian washroom that she wished.

Except that he did issue a ban on transgenders being able to serve their country after he became President. The man keeps contradicting himself and the decisions he makes. Sunny knows this. Yet she still expects him to do what's right; when his actions, words, tweets, behavior have shown her that he will not do as she wants him to do.

• Love 8

I think also that she opened with: I watched the march cause I knew we would be talking about it on the show.  So telegraphing very clearly that she is not impressed by the activism, or by the fact that young people are not only motivated, but very organized and articulate and passionate. She has missed the whole point, but most people get it.  For her it is just anti-second amendment, she cannot view it any other way.  And so she was looking for a way to criticize them/the march.  She then picked  a really stupid way to do it.  Her comments were both hypocritical and transparent.  Should she apologize, probably not, because this is who she is every day.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

That did cross my mind. It is close to Easter; maybe she wanted to spend the holiday with her parents and left a few days early.  

I was surprised they didn’t have him at the table to talk with the cohosts. It would be nice if they pretaped a segment for tomorrow’s show  

Meghan has to know that there's raging speculation that she's suspended right now.  I think if she were simply spending time with her dying father, she'd be tweeting pictures left and right to set the story straight.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

She is sick , sick of being attacked for her enlightened views on just about everything and our inability to understand. We just don't get it

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Wings said:

It isnt on for me yet but i will comment anyway!  Chrissy has been promoting her book so I have heard her story,  which I find odd.   She also talks about being told she is too big to play the fat girl in some auditions.  This confounds her.  Well she is, I get that. 

She had to wear padding for her role in American Horror Story:  Freak Show.  So like most women, she's never the right size for Hollywood.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cindyluwho said:

I agree with you.  She went unpunished for trashing her cohosts, the show, and even the network, by saying she was so happy to go on another show where's she's treated with respect.  She again went unpunished by twisting Sunny's words and emphatically insisting that Sunny called for the POTUS to be assassinated. 

While what Meghan said Friday was vile, lacking in empathy, out of touch with most Americans, and cruel,  it was an opinion.  An opinion shared by the trumpeters, and (unfortunately) completely instep with that segment of America.  I'm glad she said what she said because she revealed her true self and now everyone else knows the real Meghan, too.   Maybe he who shall not be named put her in a timeout for not even attempting to fake having a heart.

• Love 15

Meghan's statement about David Hogg was very much in line with what people on Fox News were saying. Nitpicking on the way the message was delivered, instead of the message itaelf.  

People are upset about her lack of empathy for a high school student, and seeing him as trying to take away her second amendment rights, instead of seeing him as grieving, traumatized, and pleading for a change in gun laws.

And her pearl clutching about "strong language" was hypocritical, if you look at her Twitter.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 24
7 hours ago, AdeleDazeem said:

@NotinKansasanymore

I'm not attacking you, however, I disagree with you, completely. 

ETA

Also, he's David Hogg; not Hodge. 

Thanks. You know it's always a worry and at least I get a little anxious if I decide to post something on message boards, when I see it goes against what I see a majority of people saying. But I'm glad that we can have differing views on certain topics. I think I need to trust people a little more and not just assume that I'm going to get ripped to shreds. :) 

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I agree with you.  She went unpunished for trashing her cohosts, the show, and even the network, by saying she was so happy to go on another show where's she's treated with respect.  She again went unpunished by twisting Sunny's words and emphatically insisting that Sunny called for the POTUS to be assassinated. 

While what Meghan said Friday was vile, lacking in empathy, out of touch with most Americans, and cruel,  it was an opinion.  An opinion shared by the trumpeters, and (unfortunately) completely instep with that segment of America.  I'm glad she said what she said because she revealed her true self and now everyone else knows the real Meghan, too.   Maybe he who shall not be named put her in a timeout for not even attempting to fake having a heart.

She didn't say it on Friday--because she wasn't on the show last Friday. She said what she did about David Hogg and the rest of the students the day before yesterday. And although it was her opinion, like all of her opinions, she states them as facts. Which they're not. But she kept insisting that David Hogg and all students not named Kyle Kashov, were "infringing" on her HER Second Amendment Right; wanted to get rid of the Second Amendment, blah, blah, blah.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16
46 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Whoopi mentioned that the teleprompter had gone wacko on Tuesday, which is why that show seemed like amateur hour.

So what's her excuse for the other days ?

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She didn't say it on Friday--because she wasn't on the show last Friday. She said what she did about David Hogg and the rest of the students the day before yesterday. And although it was her opinion, like all of her opinions, she states them as facts. Which they're not. But she kept insisting that David Hogg and all students not named Kyle Kashov, were "infringing" on her HER Second Amendment Right; wanted to get rid of the Second Amendment, blah, blah, blah.

She takes everything personally.  She simply refuses to see any other perspective than her own.  She really was raised to be one special coddled snowflake.

• Love 14

Demonizing the student survivors. Yeah, that's the ticket. Meghan looks foolish trying to advance this argument. I was at the march where I was surrounded by students, mothers and fathers and lots of teachers. Not a single Nazi among them. 

• Love 24

I was ecstatic Meghan was off again, only to immediately get brain-bleached by the fact that they invited the Mooch to co-host again, ugh. I love that Joy has continually pointed out the past couple of shows that Melania is just as much of a monster as everyone else involved, but her mocking the Mooch's defense of her made me cackle. "She's not a mannequin, she's a real person!" Samantha Bee was a fun guest, even if the interview questions were run of the mill.

As far as the wondering over McCain's absence, the only two explanations I would believe are suspension or a family issue... I wouldn't mind if she just saved us the next 4 months' torture and left the show now.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

As far as the wondering over McCain's absence, the only two explanations I would believe are suspension or a family issue... I wouldn't mind if she just saved us the next 4 months' torture and left the show now.

She tweeted she was home in bed sick. Nothing about a family issue. But that she wants to return to the show "ASAP."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Thanks. You know it's always a worry and at least I get a little anxious if I decide to post something on message boards, when I see it goes against what I see a majority of people saying. But I'm glad that we can have differing views on certain topics. I think I need to trust people a little more and not just assume that I'm going to get ripped to shreds. :) 

This board is great for voicing an opinion (as long as it’s a coherent one) & not getting jumped on.  If you look at the FB commenters, some are insane, racist, homophobic. I very seldom look at them.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except that he did issue a ban on transgenders being able to serve their country after he became President. The man keeps contradicting himself and the decisions he makes. Sunny knows this. Yet she still expects him to do what's right; when his actions, words, tweets, behavior have shown her that he will not do as she wants him to do.

Right, I know this but I think Sunny's confusion was more about how Trump will let transgendered people use whatever bathroom they want, but he'll try to stop them from going to war. It seems like a massive contradiction, but it's just Trump.

I think Whoopi's quick dismissal made Sunny's statement seem worse than it really was. It wasn't about thinking that he'll do something right, but more of him going against something that he's shown being for. As far as I know, Trump has always been for the LGBT community, so his continued 'war' against transgendered people in the war doesn't seem like him.

It could be Pence, or it could be a smoke screen to get people to stop talking about Stormy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Right, I know this but I think Sunny's confusion was more about how Trump will let transgendered people use whatever bathroom they want, but he'll try to stop them from going to war. It seems like a massive contradiction, but it's just Trump.

I think Whoopi's quick dismissal made Sunny's statement seem worse than it really was. It wasn't about thinking that he'll do something right, but more of him going against something that he's shown being for. As far as I know, Trump has always been for the LGBT community, so his continued 'war' against transgendered people in the war doesn't seem like him.

It could be Pence, or it could be a smoke screen to get people to stop talking about Stormy.

It's all Pence and the "family values"/evangelical base. Trump even touted rainbow flags at some rallies. And, yes, there are gay Trump supporters who dare to be surprised by all of this.

Thanks for all the info about the prompter issues during the Roseanne segment on Tuesday. My initial thought was that the network was skittish because her interview on Kimmel had been so profane (but animated and entertaining), and that everyone including Roseanne was being extra careful not to make headlines again. The ratings were through the roof, so I clearly know nothing!

• Love 1

I have Comcast and decided to rewatch Mon again but, but, but ABC never submitted it. Yesterday was weird and today a little better - but I'm thinking in addition to the monitor issue the panel is clearly aware of the crap MM is receiving. I  believe MM is not sick (plenty active for sick) and is in NYC and on a time out. Or frightened to come in. Since Joy and Sunny have apologized recently I fully expect one from Meghan.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Post away and don't fret about it.  I love coming to the board and seeing a couple of dozen posts since I last checked in.  All our viewpoints are what make it interesting.  

• Love 7

Scaramucci is such a delusion fucktoid. And he soooooo wants his old job back.

First, no president during my lifetime had personal lives that were kept “off the table” from the public. So no, Mooch, 45 does not get to use that card. And Huckabee Sanders can just STFU. And no, Melania is not a good person. Being a birther does not make you a good person; defending a man who said he likes to grab women “by the pussy” and saying it’s “locker room talk” does not make you a good person; having an affair with a man who was married, does not make you a good person. And Whoopi was right: she knew EXACTLY what she was getting into being wife no.3 and it’s NOT the same as Bill and Hillary.

And par for the course, Mooch would not shut up! Even going to commercial he kept talking.

Sam was such a joy! And she was funny!!!! Wonder why Sara wasn’t there?

See, if Mooch hadn’t been on today, today’s show would have been another perfect show! Notice the lack of pissed off emojis from me!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan's statement about David Hogg was very much in line with what people on Fox News were saying. Nitpicking on the way the message was delivered, instead of the message itaelf.  

Well of course it was. Meghan doesn't have an original thought.  She just repeats everything at a rapid pace.

• Love 12

Fuck. I couldn't even pay attention I was so frustrated with MM's last appearance. I hope she's walking around in the rain ala Sherry Sheppard. The interview with Roseanne, John and Sara G. was clunky but Sara G was well prepared and well spoken and picked up the conversation on her own. Personally I still thinks Ro still hates ABC/Disney. When the cast shows up on The Talk, they are much more relaxed. I was shocked that Whoppie sent flowers to TT after her dismissive attitude during the Emmy announcements, which The Talk handled well.    

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Thanks for the warning. So did she apologize or play sick?

Played sick. Said she wasn't suspended or fired. Said she had food poisoning and was barfing the whole time she was out.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

What's her demeanor? Please, please! Is she pretending nothing ever happened?

Yup. She was talking about being sick. She said, "I'm not pregnant and I wasn't fired!" 

3 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Thanks for the warning. So did she apologize or play sick?

Hell no she didn't apologize! We all knew she wouldn't.

• Love 13