Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 3/28/2018 at 8:12 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Scaramucci is such a delusion fucktoid. And he soooooo wants his old job back.

First, no president during my lifetime had personal lives that were kept “off the table” from the public. So no, Mooch, 45 does not get to use that card. And Huckabee Sanders can just STFU. And no, Melania is not a good person. Being a birther does not make you a good person; defending a man who said he likes to grab women “by the pussy” and saying it’s “locker room talk” does not make you a good person; having an affair with a man who was married, does not make you a good person. And Whoopi was right: she knew EXACTLY what she was getting into being wife no.3 and it’s NOT the same as Bill and Hillary.

And par for the course, Mooch would not shut up! Even going to commercial he kept talking.

Sam was such a joy! And she was funny!!!! Wonder why Sara wasn’t there?

See, if Mooch hadn’t been on today, today’s show would have been another perfect show! Notice the lack of pissed off emojis from me!

It's, actually, being considered. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The best part of today was the aversion to “baby talking” to kids.

Around 1971 a neighhbor mentioned that I talked to my children like adults.  Well, not quite...they were probably 3 and 5 when she said this--but I could never get with the baby-talk.  She had four children who were not allowed to leave their yard.  They just looked longingly (in their matching home-sewn--usually flowered outfits*) at the other little kids playing in each others' yards, the sidewalk, and yes...the street.  I wanted to respond, "You also speak to yours as if they're adults--and you're their prison matron!"    

*Ralph had a few flowered jumpsuits too.  He was seven.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I met Bobby Darin in 1959 (probably '59) and was mesmerized by his toupe`.  He had the tiniest "outline" of a very fine mesh or gauze that apparently glued down the front part.  I swear Dan Abrams' hair today looked very similar...updated technology, of course, but is that a hairpiece?

Thank you for the laugh?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh PLEASE, you twat, referencing that the now former director of the VA, violated/abused his position by going on/using airplanes.

I heard him state tonight on Fake News (CNN) that the trip had been in the works for two years--that everyone knew about it.  His wife, a physician, had been invited to the conference.  In years past, wives had attended at government expense.  There were several levels of approval long before he took the trip.   When the complaints surfaced, he wrote a check for her flight...but all other expenses were covered.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't watch This Is Us. I have seen Chrissy Metz interviewed on multiple shows since that show started airing. Her interview is still pissing me off with all that forgiveness stuff. I guess it might be easier when the abuser actually acknowledges what they've done. One of mine never has and never will so the thought of forgiving him and/or people trying to suggest that I should makes me want to scream (more then just scream actually). I'm happy for her that forgiving her abuser has seemingly worked for her but the way she's been talking about it all while promoting her book has really rubbed me the wrong way. I liked her in interviews previously. I had to get this off my chest somewhere and since she was a guest Wednesday I chose this thread. She was on Watch What Happens Now earlier tonight with Sara Gilbert (who I wanted to see) which led me to choosing not to watch because I couldn't bear to hear Chrissy tell the same story she did on The View, Entertainment Tonight and whatever other shows she's been on/will be on to promote her book.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 5

I do not watch This is us either. I don’t get  Chrissy Metz. She sounds all over the place sometimes. Forgiveness is personal. Sometimes people forgive and no-one but them know. It is for themselves. It doesn’t let the other person or people off the hook. I have chosen to let a lot go because it is freeing to me. But personal and we all need to do what is best for ourselves. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Jaded said:

Played sick. Said she wasn't suspended or fired. Said she had food poisoning and was barfing the whole time she was out.

But yet she watched "Roseanne".  And loved it.

I watched and loved it too.  But I'm not claiming to have been throwing up the entire past two days.  I'm not sure how much a person can watch TV, never mind love it, while leaning over a toilet.

• Love 10

Meghan comes in with blue cards full of statistics, and then she looks down at the cards, reading facts, instead of engaging with the co-hosts and the audience.  Today it was, "It's interesting to say that Roseanne scored the highest in Tulsa Oklahoma, Cincinnati Ohio, blah blah blah."  Who cares?  It doesn't add anything to the discussion, it just makes her look like a smug know-it-all.  

Meghan does not seem happy to be there.  I don't believe she had food poisoning either, mostly because they ALL added to the topic of her being sick,  kind of like how kids give too much info when they're lying.  Also, sunny asked her what it was that she ate that made her sick, and she had no clue.  I don't buy it.  I've had food poisoning.  You might not know exactly what food was bad, but you at least have an idea if it was from your fridge, or from a restaurant, and you narrow it down.   Meghan was either suspended for two days, or she was pouting and pissy over the backlash she got online from her comments about David Hogg. 

How many times recently have cohosts offended someone, and had to apologize?  I can't imagine that Meghan was NOT told to apologize for what she said.   Laura Ingraham was also mean to David Hogg, and she had to apologize, after her show lost sponsors because of what she said.   I bet Meghan refused to apologize, and took a suspension instead.  I heard her say she wasn't "fired or pregnant"  but I don't think she denied being suspended. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 20

MM is even today after the show saying she is still in the throws of food poisoning. She loves being a victim even after tweeting endlessly, getting a mani, throwing up, not sleeping, watching tv.

Nevertheless, she doesn't want children, not pregnant, loves her husband's cooking and somehow went to work today with food poisoning.

I call BS.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, OnTime said:

Sunny gets too sappy at times.  She was saying how great her parents were growing up, ok fine we get it.

Then she says her kids always say their house is always so fun or something like that. It gets to be too much especially when she talks about her husband.

Something about the phrasing of that struck me as completely inauthentic.  I wish I could remember the exact words, and I also wish I hadn't deleted it from my DVR.  But she quoted one of her kids as saying something like, "Our household is always so much fun!"   I may be off base here, but I've never heard a child of any age actually talk like that.  Household?  Is that a word that kids use?  I really don't think so.

10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Like x1000! Well said. 

We may be the only ones from this thread sitting together watching the show next Tuesday, lol.

I hope you can make room on the couch for me.  I liked "Roseanne" a lot.  Pure nostalgia for me, and I think it looks very promising.  (I'll bring snacks!)

16 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan does not seem happy to be there.  I don't believe she had food poisoning either, mostly because they ALL added to the topic of her being sick,  kind of like how kids give too much info when they're lying.  Also, sunny asked her what it was that she ate that made her sick, and she had no clue.  I don't buy it.  I've had food poisoning.  You might not know exactly what food was bad, but you at least have an idea if it was from your fridge, or from a restaurant, and you narrow it down.   Meghan was either suspended for two days, or she was pouting and pissy over the backlash she got online from her comments about David Hogg.  How many times recently have cohosts offended someone, and had to apologize?  I can't imagine that Meghan was NOT told to apologize for what she said.   Laura Ingraham was also mean to David Hogg, and she had to apologize, after her show lost sponsors because of what she said.   I bet Meghan refused to apologize, and took a suspension instead.  I heard her say she wasn't "fired or pregnant"  but I don't think she denied being suspended. 

I was going to mention this earlier, and forgot.  Sure, not everyone may know exactly what caused their food poisoning, but most people are curious and try to figure it out, and nearly everyone can at least narrow it down a bit.  Meghan brushed it off as though the question took her by surprise and she needed it to go away asap.  Having no clue - and apparently no interest in finding out - coupled with her dismissal of the topic makes me think this is all BS.  Add into that the suspect timing of this whole food poisoning episode as well as all of the things she was able to accomplish while being so sick, and I think it's pretty clear that something went on behind the scenes that is being kept behind the scenes.  I agree - She very well may have refused to apologize, and was suspended instead.

My new wish is that something like this happens again, and will result in her being fired rather than suspended.  A girl can dream!!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, tvaddict44 said:

Why was the Mooch there again this week?  I thought he was locked in his home with an ankle bracelet on?

That's Paul Manafort.

They were talking on MSNBC last night about how the Roseanne reboot scored so highly in the central part of the country, corroborating Meghan's claim that it spoke to people in red, industrial states.  I didn't care for the original and have no interest in the reboot.  

I had food poisoning once (bad shrimp) and had never before or after been so sick.  I certainly couldn't have spent the day tweeting, I couldn't lift my head from the pillow without getting woozy.  

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I had food poisoning once (bad shrimp) and had never before or after been so sick.  I certainly couldn't have spent the day tweeting, I couldn't lift my head from the pillow without getting woozy.  

For me it was bad taco salad.  I spent all day in the bathroom.  No way I could have held a phone.

4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

They were talking on MSNBC last night about how the Roseanne reboot scored so highly in the central part of the country, corroborating Meghan's claim that it spoke to people in red, industrial states. 

But why it spoke to them is going to be one long endless discussion.  I'm going to disagree with Meghan that it was because Roseanne Connor is a Trump voter.  As mentioned many times already on this board I think nostalgia was the biggest factor.  Now once people have gotten a taste will they tune in again is the big question.  There is a long list of shows that have premiered to huge ratings only to fall off in subsequent shows.  If ratings do fall will Meghan blame Trump for that?

• Love 11

Just a nit-pick but the opening announcers tone is so annoying. It's so over he top "wild and wacky" to the point where it's sometimes just inappropriate with the subject matter.  I realize this is a fluff show but the "you won't believe what the ladies of the view...." tone is not always appropriate when she also mentions topics such as school shootings or sexual asssualt but it's always the "wild and wacky" voice! Her voice and delivery just sounds like it belongs on some crappy Disney channel show where all the acting is horribly over the top.

• Love 9

To echo everything you all have already said, when one has food poisoning, it's typically easy to recall from what food they got it from. And I can guarantee tweeting and interacting with other people is the last thing on your mind.

My first experience with food poisoning was from some chicken I had at Bojangles. I spent the next two days going back and forth to the toilet. I was nauseous and had what seemed like explosive diarrhea. I knew it was food poisoning because my mom and brother experienced the same things I did. It was awful. 

Hearing Meghan talk about it makes me suspect even more that her two-day absence was less about being sick and more about something going wrong behind the scenes.

• Love 9
Just now, Stoned said:

Damn,We get it Motormouth Megs you're a political animal..

Yes! RBM said that so many times that I think in her screwed up head she thought if she said it enough she'd wish it into existence. 

• Love 8

Meghan took what Sunny said personal, again. What a surprise. Nobody was talking about YOU personally, Jesus.

LOL @ her calling herself a "political animal." Yeah, okay girl.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL @ her calling her and her husband "political animals." Yeah, okay Meghan.

She really wants her and her husband to be political power couple.  Beghan would be their name.  Like Jarvanka.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan took what Sunny said personal, again. What a surprise. Nobody was talking about YOU personally, Jesus.

She totally did take it personally.  She is so defensive about everything.

Meghan said she watched Jersey Shore in college.  How old was she in college?  The show premiered in 2009.

• Love 5

I'm going to defend RBM in a way for a second. That segment about motherhood was going ok until the end when they were trying to make RBM feel awkward about not having kids. If she doesn't want them that's her choice. The fact that she's a raging bitch most of the time has nothing to do with her not having or wanting to have kids. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I'm going to defend RBM in a way for a second. That segment about motherhood was going ok until the end when they were trying to make RBM feel awkward about not having kids. If she doesn't want them that's her choice. The fact that she's a raging bitch most of the time has nothing to do with her not having or wanting to have kids. 

In my petty little heart, I'm going to consider this is their way of getting back at her because they're not allowed to push back with FACTS when she hijacks and takes over hot topics and won't let anyone else, except for Whoopi, speak. So I'm all for it.

3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ok, this cracked me up.

It's true! And it's why I don't want them to have their names smooshed like this, because then it will be in my head and I won't be able to eat my dishes!

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Joy and Sunny are destroying Geraldo Rivera and I am loving it! 

Sunny was just not having it with him.  It was great to watch him try to deflect everything they were throwing at him.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Jaded said:

The fact that she's a raging bitch most of the time has nothing to do with her not having or wanting to have kids. 

Hey!   WE don't want her to have kids!  Any potential kids don't want to keep diaries for their "Mommie Dearest" memoirs.

• Love 11
Just now, Former Nun said:

Hey!   WE don't want her to have kids!  Any potential kids don't want to keep diaries for their "Mommie Dearest" memoirs.

I agree.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL @ her calling herself a "political animal." Yeah, okay girl.

EXACTLY!!  Meghan does not seem to understand that when someone speaks in generalities, the word "you" is used collectively.  Any time anyone on the show uses the word "you" in a dialog with Meghan, she takes it to mean that she, personally, is being criticized.

Also, a "political animal"??  And, she and her husband "work in politics"....ummm, no!  Neither of you "work in politics".  You, dear Meghan, are on a talk show, that discusses politics as part of its programming.  Your husband writes a blog about politics.  Big difference! 

To be fair to Meghan - I did think she looked pretty today.  I liked her hair in the soft low bun, and her makeup was nice - not garish, as usual.  A soft color lip is much more flattering on her than the stark reds and deep purples she usually wears.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

NO. Because that's the Hindi word for Eggplant. And I love my Beghan dishes.

41 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ok, this cracked me up.

Me, too....gave me an out-loud chuckle!!  :-)

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Jaded said:

Her interview is still pissing me off with all that forgiveness stuff.

(Chrissy Metz)    I think Joy was spot on when she used the words "a lot of therapy."  Chrissy disagreed...but she does too much therapy-speak-repeat to have had little experience.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meant to mention that, despite poor Meggie, I thought it was a nice show this morning.  (Everything runs a lot better without Whoopi!!)

I didn't know Geraldo was such a hound dog!!!  Just googled him ... my, my, my!!!

I saw the season of celebrity apprentice geraldo was on. He was egotistical, arrogant, and the biggest kiss-up to the "star" of the show I've ever seen. 

• Love 8

Geraldo was very proud of his (self-avowed) sexual prowess back in the day.   He was a faux-reporter,  blow-hard. Wasn't taken seriously by anyone and became a joke.   So glad Joy and Sunny ripped him a new one. 

Shut up, MM. Your word(s)  of the day was "political animal", of which neither you nor your plagiarizing hubbie are.  Wishful thinking.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Joy and Sunny are destroying Geraldo Rivera and I am loving it! 

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Sunny was just not having it with him.  It was great to watch him try to deflect everything they were throwing at him.

Sunny would be a lot more convincing if she didn't do the *looky down, pouty pouty* every time she made a point. Really, is this the way she prosecutes?! "So you're saying this gun found at the crime scene with your fingerprints all over it DOES NOT belong to you?!" *looky down, pouty pouty*

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

EXACTLY!!  Meghan does not seem to understand that when someone speaks in generalities, the word "you" is used collectively.  Any time anyone on the show uses the word "you" in a dialog with Meghan, she takes it to mean that she, personally, is being criticized.

Sunny should just say, "well, if the shoe fits..." *looky down, pouty pouty*

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

I saw the season of celebrity apprentice geraldo was on. He was egotistical, arrogant, and the biggest kiss-up to the "star" of the show I've ever seen. 

I watched his original daytime talk show.  Yes I saw the chair throwing incident with him getting a broken nose.    I sometimes watched him on his CNBC nighttime show in the late 90s.  I remember watching him the night the OJ Simpson civil jury returned a guilty verdict.  I lost track of him of when he left CNBC.  I would see snippets of things he did at Fox.  

He seems to have gotten more unlikable as he has gotten older.  For someone who says he is progressive he sure seemed to be sucking up to the very non progressive Trump administration.  Could have been more of a sycophant?

36 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I didn't know Geraldo was such a hound dog!!!  Just googled him ... my, my, my!!!

That is a polite way to put it.

• Love 9

Adele Dazeem you are my kind of gal.  The collection of her tweets firmed it up for me. What she called her own children is discusting sorry  off topic.   I like Goodman and Medcalf and I'll catch them elsewhere , like her daughter in Young Simon. 

Also agree with the food poisoning. After meeting friends at our favorite Italian restaurant my husband was up at midnight so very sick. We first thought it was delayed from chemo the week before but within hour I was down for the count for days!  We had all eaten the same pasta except my husband and I had some Italian cream cake. Only way I was using the phone was calling  the health department. 

I agree with Joy on Jersey Shore ....... Megan spouting how many followers they have =success explains why she's part of their base.   

Edited by athousandclowns
Wrong word
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

He seems to have gotten more unlikable as he has gotten older.  For someone who says he is progressive he sure seemed to be sucking up to the very non progressive Trump administration.  Could have been more of a sycophant?

SURELY he's going to be selected for one of the top Cabinet posts.  Just keep sucking, Geraldo...I mean sucking up, of course.

• Love 14

I'm actually glad they are off next week.  Today's show just seemed off and most of them were getting on my nerves.

Sara - ok. I don't like her or hate her but she doesn't add much.  I liked the rotating co-hosts better.

Paula- why is she even there? Just go with four when Whoopi is out.

Sunny- getting too sappy for me

Meghan- why bother?

Joy is the only reason to watch for me.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3

I remember seeing the horrifying penis selfie of him, that he sent to someone.  Forget who.

In a towel.  And he wasn't young at the time, if that even matters.

You guys can look it up, but I suggest not to.

Edited by Sweedish Fish
added info
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Sunny would be a lot more convincing if she didn't do the *looky down, pouty pouty* every time she made a point.

She did go off the rails for a moment and gave Geraldo a little disrespect.  I think she feels that because they share some ethnicity, because she "worked with him" at FOX (?) that she saw him on the ropes and decided to take a hit or two  I saw a little of what I think is her true persona.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

She did go off the rails for a moment and gave Geraldo a little disrespect.  I think she feels that because they share some ethnicity, because she "worked with him" at FOX (?) that she saw him on the ropes and decided to take a hit or two  I saw a little of what I think is her true persona.

I think Sunny definitely has it in her to rip someone to shreds.  But as a lawyer she is taught to keep herself composed.  

• Love 10

I liked today's show. Joy as usual the best moderator on this show who brought birthday boy Bernie. Sara brought Sandra in for a visit. Paula got in a couple of funny lines and made Joy laugh. Sunny and Joy giving it to Geraldo and his bullshit. MM not as bad as she can be.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 9

I'm late on the Roseanne discussion but I wanted to chime in. I watched and it was funny. I grew up with the show, but I won't be watching again. It isn't so much about Roseanne the character being a Trump supporter. They handled that ok on the show. And I suspect the show isn't going to be the big "Trump's America" love fest, Meghan and other conservatives think. In the issue with her grandson wearing feminime clothing, she and Dan were shown to be in the wrong and they eventually came around to Darlene's way of thinking. So we'll see if they keep coming back in those same numbers, week after week, with more stories like that. The issue is the real Roseanne. She is horrible. And it isn't just her voting for Trump. She's a birther. She tweets conspiracy theories and vile hateful islamaphobic rhetoric. The list is endless. That's not just a "difference of opinion". I don't want to be part of giving her a platform and validating her behavior. Something which Meghan failed to touch on. Because in her mind, just like with Trump if a lot of people support something, or someone whatever their doing must be ok.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Haven't watched yet, but Sunny has NEVER worked for Fox. She and Geraldo may have worked together a few years ago when she was on GMA? Was he ever a correspondent for GMA? I know at one time, he was a credible journalist. He did stories for 20/20.

I'm not sure what this "looking down/pouty pouty" means. She's only ever coy during entertainment stuff.

ETA: I stand corrected. Sunny apparently did work there; funny how her IMDB profile doesn't have that information.???

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

MM had to work it  in again .  Just had to.  “We (Geraldo and  I) are just trying to explain, we are just trying to explain.....”.   We all understand the “conservative” viewpoint you uptight little twat.   

Oprah did not want children.  She said, I would not be a good mother with the career I have.  She never took issue with others talking about it.   Jeeeeze Megan. 

• Love 16