Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I’m glad they addressed the new attempt at a transgender military ban, since it’s being ignored among so many other stories. And I’m even happier it was brought up on a day when supposed LGBT "ally" McCain was not there to defend it.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

You know what has been added to her resume?  EMMY-NOMINATED!   The show AND the hosts:  Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Paula Faris, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, Jedediah Bila, Meghan McCain,     Surely they won't win.

I hope they don't win, just so McCain and Bila will both be denied "winner" on their resumes. Hopefully the show will win an Emmy with Navarro next year. ;)

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I hope they don't win, just so McCain and Bila will both be denied "winner" on their resumes. Hopefully the show will win an Emmy with Navarro next year. ;)

It's funny, I missed Sara when she was on maternity leave and I'm glad she's back, but I am also missing Ana.  Hopefully, she's there full-time next year.

Speaking of Emmys, I watched the beginning of The Talk today, and Julie mentioned that Whoopi had sent flowers to each of The Talk co-hosts, with a simple "congratulations" on the card. Then Julie congratulated The View for their Emmy nom as well.  Coincidence, I wonder, that it all happened the same day Sara Gilbert was on The View.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’m glad they addressed the new attempt at a transgender military ban, since it’s being ignored among so many other stories. And I’m even happier it was brought up on a day when supposed LGBT "ally" McCain was not there to defend it.

I wonder just exactly what Meghan would have said.  Would she have agreed with Joy Trump is playing to his base?  That same base Meghan repeatedly tries to get viewers to understand. 

• Love 3

Oh THIS is how the show should be every day! And it could be! All ABC needs to do is jettison Meghan off like useless flotsam! No WAY would we have gotten this relaxed hot topics, with Joy joking about the split screen with Bitsy and Rosie! Or be able to talk about what the concerns are, had Meghan been there; because as sure as the sun rises in the East, she would have jumped in and not let anyone speak and would have called Stormy's lawyer a thug as well.

Sunny needs to just stop expecting 45 to be any better. He has already shown the world who he is. Just STOP IT, Sunny! And that coy nonsense? I have to believe it's an act; she only ever acts this way on this show.

I don't know, I thought the first segment with Roseanne, Goodman and Gilbert was okay. Other than Roseanne doing that Michael Jackson thing with the one glove.

Okay Part II...

• Love 2

FOUL! FOUL! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

They edited out the funniest part of Hamill's interview, that they showed in the clip! Where he explains how Luke Skywalker IS very much Royalty! His father is a "Lord," his sister a "Princess," and his mother a "Queen!" FU, ABC!!!!!!????????

Due to my medical issues, I was never able to see SW: The Last Jedi on the big screen, so I'm totally getting the bluray. And now I feel better about what happened/didn't happen to Luke. Though I have to admit, the scene they showed, Luke sounded very close to Joker when he told his pissant, petulant, murdering piece of shit nephew, that he was "wrong."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

FOUL! FOUL! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

They edited out the funniest part of Hamill's interview, that they showed in the clip! Where he explains how Luke Skywalker IS very much Royalty! His father is a "Lord," his sister a "Princess," and his mother a "Queen!" FU, ABC!!!!!!????????

Due to my medical issues, I was never able to see SW: The Last Jedi on the big screen, so I'm totally getting the bluray. And now I feel better about what happened/didn't happen to Luke. Though I have to admit, the scene they showed, Luke sounded very close to Joker when he told his pissant, petulant, murdering piece of shit nephew, that he was "wrong."

The movie is awesome. The Luke/Kylo Ren battle is awesomest.  

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Jaded said:

They could have aired Mark's interview on Friday if we weren't being punished with a 2nd "View Your Deal" every damn week now. 

Punishment it is - who thinks we need all these deals?????  Doesn't the show make enough money  with all of their many ads???????

• Love 7
On 3/26/2018 at 9:54 PM, maggiemae said:

POWS, Vets, those serving, those suffering from cancer or addiction only exists in MM's little McCain bubble. She, imo, is the worst conservative ever to take a seat at this table.

Without a doubt.  I don't think any of the others even come close.  Not one had the horrible nasty streak that she has.  It's written all over her face.  Such an ugly, horrid, self-centered person.  I think she's very unhappy, and I'm glad.  Because she doesn't care about anyone as much as she cares about herself, and I despise people who are overly impressed with themselves.  Her sense of entitlement and superiority is so absurd that it's almost laughable.  (I choose to look at it as laughable.  Otherwise I would explode.)

Re the Roseanne segment:  I think it was pretty clear that there were direction and maybe also technical problems, possibly because of someone new and not quite ready.  The cues they were getting (Whoopi in particular) were off - not only which question to go to and who should speak, but also which camera they should be looking into.   It was a mess, all over the place, and every one of them sitting at that table knew it, but were helpless to do anything,  I worked in live TV, and yeah - that's what happens sometimes.   There's not a whole lot you can do when you're the talent and the show is live.  I think they did pretty much the best they could.  

• Love 16
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And that coy nonsense? I have to believe it's an act; she only ever acts this way on this show.

I believe she acts that way at home when her husband is there. I think he bought that act hook, line, and sinker...and now he's stuck.  Other times, she's probably a tyrant (only at home).

• Love 4

Yikers - Sunny may have been coy - but I also was thinking along with Sunny that Trump said Caitlyn Jenner could use any bathroom at Trump Tower she wanted - and she actually did. 

I also thought the transgenders in the military still stood and was surprised.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Re the Roseanne segment:  I think it was pretty clear that there were direction and maybe also technical problems, possibly because of someone new and not quite ready.  The cues they were getting (Whoopi in particular) were off - not only which question to go to and who should speak, but also which camera they should be looking into.   It was a mess, all over the place, and every one of them sitting at that table knew it, but were helpless to do anything,  I worked in live TV, and yeah - that's what happens sometimes.   There's not a whole lot you can do when you're the talent and the show is live.  I think they did pretty much the best they could.

Right, but if they had a moderator who knew what she was doing it wouldn't have been so painful.

I can't believe not one person on the panel was a fan of the show and didn't ask any questions about the characters!  Laurie Metcalf had a great year with Ladybird, she was nominated for every award possible, and not one mention of her?

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Me thinks MM is not long for this (View) world.  Absent again. 

I could be mistaken, but I don't think MM was included in the hosts montage at the beginning.    Dare we hope........?

• Love 4

I didn't mean to give the impression that I was excited about The Mooch hosting if that's what I did. I just thought it was hilarious that of all people to fill RBM's seat today they decided to choose him. At least when he uses big words he seems to know what they mean. Luckily Moochy was left out of Samantha Bee's interview.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I could be mistaken, but I don't think MM was included in the hosts montage at the beginning.    Dare we hope........?

I'm pretty sure they don't include hosts that are absent that day. 

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

No Meghan again today, ladies and gents. Whoopi said she's still sick but why do they keep giving "The Mooch" airtime?!

The Mooch is an improvement?  Ha, ha,  -  surely there are other pundits hanging around.

• Love 6

Too bad they didn't ask either Samantha or Chrissy to cohost. 

Well, how about that?  One of the Parkland kids in the audience. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

Turned back on for Samantha Bee... it was boring. I had hoped for more. 

Chrissy Metz is, certainly, allowed her own feelings and ways of dealing with them. However, I, personally, think that saying you love and have a relationship with someone who, repeatedly, abused you (she stated this elsewhere) is not healthy. I think it's still allowing yourself to be a victim and feeling you're still less than. Just my 2cents.

You can forgive, let go, move on without loving.

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

The Mooch is an improvement?  Ha, ha,  -  surely there are other pundits hanging around.

There may not be many who want to go on a talk show with 4 vocal democrats.  It is a tough crowd with liberal viewers and audience.  

I am waiting to hear news of John McCain death. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am waiting to hear news of John McCain death. 

That did cross my mind. It is close to Easter; maybe she wanted to spend the holiday with her parents and left a few days early.  

10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Too bad they didn't ask either Samantha or Chrissy to cohost. 

I was surprised they didn’t have him at the table to talk with the cohosts. It would be nice if they pretaped a segment for tomorrow’s show  

• Love 5

It isnt on for me yet but i will comment anyway!  Chrissy has been promoting her book so I have heard her story,  which I find odd.   She also talks about being told she is too big to play the fat girl in some auditions.  This confounds her.  Well she is, I get that. 

• Love 4

Wow, I wonder if there is any truth to this?

27 minutes ago, Haleth said:

They need to do this while Meghan is present. Actually, I want the kids to be interviewed so that Meghan can talk her shit and diss them to their face. Let’s see how that goes over.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11

And the plot thickens. Can a host take a suspension rather than give an on-air apology? 

I love Sam Bee. She was on Colbert last night and it was like old home week.

Maybe they spoke with the Parkland student afterwards? I'd also love to see a bit of tape on that.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

And the plot thickens. Can a host take a suspension rather than give an on-air apology? 

I’m very curious as well to know if that’s how it works. I don’t have a twitter but sometimes I’ll look at what’s being said and I found that tweet.  

1 hour ago, AdeleDazeem said:

Turned back on for Samantha Bee... it was boring. I had hoped for more. 

Me too, but I guess there are time constraints & they wanted to get the Puerto Rico thing in.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

What's the point of suspending someone if it's not made public.  ABC wouldn't suspend anyone unless pressured by an outside entity.

I know there have been incidents in which the names of journalists who are suspended have been made public. Meghan is getting torn to shreds on twitter for her comments about David Hogg, so much so that Clay Aiken had to jump in. Of course, that doesn't mean ABC suspended her but it's interesting. We all know she's not going to apologize either way.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

I know there have been incidents in which the names of journalists who are suspended have been made public. Meghan is getting torn to shreds on twitter for her comments about David Hogg, so much so that Clay Aiken had to jump in. I mean, that doesn't mean ABC suspended her but it's interesting. We all know she's not going to apologize either way.

Thank god I don't have Twitter.  

I can't believe I'm defending MM, but what should she apologize for?  I thought she said he cursed too much?  Does that really require an apology?

Edited by sugarbaker design
12 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

I love Sam Bee. She was on Colbert last night and it was like old home week.

Maybe they spoke with the Parkland student afterwards? I'd also love to see a bit of tape on that.

I dont I know if that was a rhetorical question. If not, the network can do whatever it likes.  Their standards and rules.  Allegations are different.  They have to be stated as such. Breaches of news standards are different, too. This show is tricky in that it's under the news division, but, it's really entertainment. 

• Love 3

Today was entertaining in that so many things were said and done that wouldn't have happened/gone well if Elsa was there.

• Producers selecting a topic based on Elsa's ride or die bestie S.E. Cupp.
  • Whoopi and Sunny both dissing S.E. Cupp, in their own ways.
  • Introducing the Parkland student and Whoopi praising him for his activism and everyone on stage standing and applauding.
  • Joy dissing Melania for being a birther.  Everyone discussing Melania and what she is thinking, doing.
  • The Mooch conceding that the Republicans are hypocrites when it comes to sex scandals, ceding that point to Whoopi.
  • Samantha Bee as a new American citizen dissing the President, and praising youth and political activism as the one silver lining of the Trump era.

If I am Elsa, sitting at home with my phone by my side reading all the nasty tweets against me and my ride or die Clay, I might be thinking that the producers are punishing her.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I can't believe I'm defending MM, but what should she apologize for?  I thought she said he cursed too much?  Does that really require an apology?

It was more than that.  MMs haughty attitude bled through her words.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/meghan-mccain-criticizes-parkland-shooting-survivor-david-hogg/amp/

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

No, not just that David Hogg used "foul language," but that he and the other kids who didn't do the "right thing" by having "civil" discussions with politicians like Kyle did, were "infringing" on her "Second Amendment Rights." That's when Whoopi came in and said, that if you criticize what others say and do, expect to be criticized in what you (Meghan) say and do. In a nutshell, she was denigrating all the kids except for Kyle (who is pro-gun and wants teachers (who are qualified) to be armed) and the politicians who met with him, did so, because he wasn't demanding stricter gun laws, that those who want guns should have a background check, etc. It's a lot more than her saying that David Hogg used the F-bomb. (this was on Monday's show) If she's going to dish it out, she should be able to take it. Cuz, you know, she's "gangsta!" "mafia" and "a tough chick."

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
26 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

What's the point of suspending someone if it's not made public.  ABC wouldn't suspend anyone unless pressured by an outside entity.

Also known as sponsors/advertisers.

Everyone outraged by Meghan's obnoxious attitude towards David Hogg and the other kids should let the View's sponsors know their displeasure with her.

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If she's going to dish it out, she should be able to take it. Cuz, you know, she's "gangsta!" "mafia" and "a tough chick."

Except when someone fights back and then she goes to her sick bed for two days.

• Love 17