Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I firmly believe that if Bradford hadn't Lyfted away last time we'd be balls-deep in a for-realsies Nathan/Maxie/Spinelli triangle by now. They never wanted to break them up in the first place but he quit.

I don't think Ric really needs much of a reason to turn on Sonny. Like Franco, he is pathological. Based on past history any slight, any downturn in his life sets him off and spinning in some new insidious direction. He is obsessed with love, acceptance and power. If he can't make Sonny love and accept him fully he will destroy him, then he will turn back and reverse himself, and do it all over again. I had thought Ric might be ready to evolve beyond all this when he first returned last year and made a real attempt with Liz, and I was actually for it because I thought a tormented man like him trying to be better was interesting. But Ron Carlivati doesn't like characters to really change - he thinks most of them have a fundamental flaw which should always drive plot - and Ric returned to form. His other recent scams with Hayden and Nina were far too tawdry and random, unrelated to the root of his psychosis. Sonny and the underworld are what really drive Ric to obsession.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

I am relieved that Spinelli's visit will apparently be short-term, but that seems to be contradicted by the idea of Nathan and Maxie breaking up.

Well the spoiler person wrote that she thinks Maxie may hook up with Dillon but I didn't add that in because it was just speculation.

Edited by ulkis

I won't be upset if Maxie and Nathan break up, but IDK about Maxie with Dollar Store. Then again, I don't really care as Spixie isn't an option and Spinelli exits stage left not long after he returns.

And I'm skeptical about Sam telling Jake his flashback/memory flash is incomplete…isn't Liz supposed to do that?

• Love 1

Soaptown spoilers 9/5

BA is back for a short visit. Supposedly TPTB wanted him on contract but he said no. He starts shooting at the end of Sept and he'll be around for the Jason reveal.

We're going to start losing recurring characters. She (the columnist) doesn't know who yet.

It is Paul behind Sonny's shooting and TJ's kidnapping. Paul has the goods on Ava in the form of a flash drive to they make a deal.

Naxie is possibly breaking up.

Anna goes after Lomax and Anna gets her revenge.

Jason tells Sam he had a memory flash when Sonny got shot but Sam tries to "dissuade him that the memory is intact".

Oh boo. I wanted it to be Ric behind the shooting!

Ok, so who is considered recurring? Lucy? Ric? Scotty? Bobbie? All the people who shouldn't go?

• Love 3

Ok, so who is considered recurring? Lucy? Ric? Scotty? Bobbie? All the people who shouldn't go?

Out of those four, Lucy's by far in the most danger.  Ric's connected to Sonny, Bobbie's connected to Carly, Scotty's connected to (UGH) Franco.

I'd also suspect Dr. O and the recurring gays are in danger too.

• Love 2

We do need a cast purge, but I fail to see how cutting recurring characters will help. Especially since, as I understand it, they are only paid when needed. If anyone needs to go, it is contract players who are superfluous. (Hi, Franco and Nina!)

• Love 13

Out of those four, Lucy's by far in the most danger.  Ric's connected to Sonny, Bobbie's connected to Carly, Scotty's connected to (UGH) Franco.

I'd also suspect Dr. O and the recurring gays are in danger too.

and Rosalie. But I support her going.

I actually had totally forgotten about Rosalie again lol.  Yeah, she's toast, that whole lame story with her, Brad, and Lucas is toast.  And if they do keep Lucas and Brad, it's definitely (ugh) gonna be something more mobular.

• Love 1

We do need a cast purge, but I fail to see how cutting recurring characters will help. Especially since, as I understand it, they are only paid when needed. If anyone needs to go, it is contract players who are superfluous. (Hi, Franco and Nina!)

I still don't get the notion there excuse that the vets are too expensive to give story too but then they go and hire actors like Rebu/MS/Roho ect.

I actually had totally forgotten about Rosalie again lol.  Yeah, she's toast, that whole lame story with her, Brad, and Lucas is toast.  And if they do keep Lucas and Brad, it's definitely (ugh) gonna be something more mobular.

I forget about Rosalee a lot too.I wish I could say the new writers interview gave me hope for the show but sadly it didn't.

• Love 1
We're going to start losing recurring characters.

So once again they are going to get rid of characters who are, at worst, harmless, while leaving the characters that are actively damaging the show firmly in place.

I'm starting to get the feeling the RC was made a scapegoat for decisions that he didn't make.*

* - Not that I'm suggesting he didn't support them, but really - he's gone and show is still pushing Franco and Nina as the great love story of the ages?  It's clear that this bullshittery wasn't all him...

• Love 8

So far this is still his writing. I have no doubt Frank is still dogged about Michelle Stafford and possibly even Roger Howarth, but this began and is still playing out with a passion they evidently both shared.

It makes zero sense to write out Lucy, who barely appears enough to begin with. I would look to other people to be in danger, but they may well dump Lucy just to break my heart.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

It makes zero sense to write out Lucy, who barely appears enough to begin with. I would look to other people to be in danger, but they may well dump Lucy just to break my heart.

Well it make a difference though? I am assuming that Lucy had life and business before returning 3 years ago, not crazy that Lucy might pick up and move back to Europe.

We do need a cast purge, but I fail to see how cutting recurring characters will help. Especially since, as I understand it, they are only paid when needed.

I don't understand this, either. It's not as if we see the recurring characters all that often in the first place. Ric and Scott are on at the moment, but they're supporting stories, not driving them.

With the block taping and pacing, a character like Lucas is on once a month, if that, and for a day or two, then his story gets dropped for the next four weeks. Tell the story properly or don't tell it at all. That's the problem with most of the recurring characters, not that there are too many of them.

• Love 5

BA is back for a short visit. Supposedly TPTB wanted him on contract but he said no.

Thanks, Bradford!

Probably they will hook up Dillon and Maxie as they work together on his film.

Like consciously I know this is terrible, but idgaf I'm into it. I think they have chem and I really like Dollar Store.

• Love 5

She insulted Edward and Lila's memory by voting in favor of Nikolas for probably the worst possible reasons ever.  She deserves to be dumped, if she is.

• Love 7

Since they were able to get Silas out of his recently signed 3-year contract, why can't they get rid of contract players (e.g., Franco, Nina, and Sonny) too?

Of course, I don't want to see anyone lose their job in real life - but there are way too many characters on the show.  

We're down to one Doctor and one Nurse on contract.  See ya - Monica, Lucas, Brad, Kevin Collins, and Epiphany but we'll probably get stuck with the serial killer Dr. O. and Felix.

• Love 2

My interpretation of the Paul stuff, the big decision, is to take the DA job. I think he stumbles upon the Ava blackmail info after taking the job. But if that's true, if he IS behind the shooting, why would he need to blackmail Ava? Wouldn't he be doing okay on his own, if he managed to get close enough to shoot Sonny and get away with it?

Stupid.

And, if he IS the next big bad, why hide?? Isn't part of the allure of the mob, the whole power trip thing? It's hardly a power trip if only a select few even know you have that power. Really, really dumb. And even if they try to say later that he's being forced into it(which wasn't exactly like it was before, but close)-it's just a retread. You're telling me they can score Richard Burgi, but this is the "story" they come up with?

Help us all.

• Love 1

I wonder if the Lake wedding happens during November sweeps or earlier, like near the anniversary of Jason's death. I'm sure it'll be the latter, but I expect another flashback/memory spark on or around Jason's death day.

We're going to start losing recurring characters. She (the columnist) doesn't know who yet.

In the new issue of SOD JP and SA had this to say about the cast:

They will not have a mass exodus of characters neither will they be having an infusion of new characters, they plan to really work with what they have.  They also said they would not flood us with new characters but might make an exception or two with vets or if a character for a story is glaringly needed. Otherwise they said the challenge is working with the characters you have and their history.

This is what they had to say about Sonny:

The mob is Sonny's job and while it will still be there in the background they plan to focus more on it's effects on his and his family life. 

• Love 1

Paul was a lawyer the first time around. He worked as ELQ's corporate counsel, and at one point I thought he might have been made CEO, too..I am making the assumption-which may come back to bite me-that they are remembering this and it will come into play. This is why I figured he was behind helping Nikolas, as he would have information only an insider or Q would have, about the company. Truthfully-even though Trixie is *usually* accurate-I'm waiting to see about all this mess.

I would assume, if his license is still current, that he could take the DA job. I've seen that rumor floating around, but I don't think it's been confirmed. If the Ava stuff is true, Paul being DA or even an assistant DA, does explain how he'd get his hands on any blackmail material. He just stumbles into it. That's actually nice, if true-at least the reason he comes across it won't be convoluted. I fully expect Ava to double cross him though, or he her-which means he may not be around long. And while I couldn't blame Richard if he ran screaming for the hills, having one less performer who actually has charisma and can act, would hurt this show at a time when it doesn't need more blows.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

This is what they had to say about Sonny:

The mob is Sonny's job and while it will still be there in the background they plan to focus more on it's effects on his and his family life.

All while nothing changes. 

• Love 2

This is what makes me doubt the rumor that he'll be the new DA, but just recently, wasn't there a casting call for an assistant to the new DA Paul Hornsby? Most people thought that the rumor was false when Ric became DA, but perhaps Madeleine implicates Ric heavily in the murder of Silas, and he has to step down?

Paul being DA actually makes sense IF he's trying to take Sonny down. Whether it's because he's a mobster himself hiding as the DA, or he's just  a morally gray DA doing whatever he can to nail Sonny.  And actually, I don't have a problem at all with him being a morally gray DA, because morally gray characters are generally the most interesting.

Really don't want to think of him offing someone, not only is it vastly OOC, there's just no way I can root for him, if this is true.

Anonymous rumor, so take it with a huuuge grain of salt.

Another retirement coming up. This time it's Leslie Charleson's saying goodbye to GH. New writers plan a December dedicated to GH's favorite dysfunctional family with heartfelt family reunions, a ghost or two popping in and a loving goodbye to Dr. Monica Quartermaine.

She's back! Constance Towers will be back to tape a pair of pivotal episodes with Genie Francis. The contents of Luke's last letter's revealed when Laura pays Helena a visit looking for answers. Laura's conscience nearly gets the best of her when she stumbles across Nikolas' new house guest. Lots of fireworks when Laura finally confronts her wayward son with all she's uncovered.

I can buy LC retiring—she's 70, she's on three times a year (if that). There's not much to keep her around.

It still makes me sad that she hadn't been well used over the last 15 years and it makes it official. And because of Guza, JFP, RC and FV, there aren't a whole of Qs to pick up the slack. If you told me 20 years ago (when they tons of Qs, young and old) the family would be in dire straights, I wouldn't believed you. 

• Love 5

I dunno, they just shifted Ric into the DA seat.  Would they swap in Paul so soon? 

According to a set of spumors I buy from about a month ago, the original plan for this recent pointless murder mystery was for Ric to be the victim and Paul to assume the DA role then. They decided against this - possibly because of ABC reacting to the horrid ratings and relatively concurrent online backlash for killing another vet (Ian Buchanan) - so instead chose to off Michael Easton and Silas, who had been wildly unpopular for years. Then Ric assumes first position, Paul Hornsby fades out for awhile, etc. I can see them resuming course now that that story's over, especially given Ric's long track record as a sleaze.

I think making Paul Hornsby DA is a silly idea despite his varied background, and I also am not a fan of the aforementioned new rumors though Richard Burgi always makes a great villain. I think Hornsby works as a grayer character mixing it up with the Qs and scheming with a lot of people.

• Love 2

It still makes me sad that she hadn't been well used over the last 15 years and it makes it official. And because of Guza, JFP, RC and FV, there aren't a whole of Qs to pick up the slack. If you told me 20 years ago (when they tons of Qs, young and old) the family would be in dire straights, I wouldn't believed you. 

IA THen again if someone had told me in the 80s that mobsters were heros and cops would be the villians in the futue.I'd never believed it at all.

• Love 6

I feel like they waited a long time to reveal Valerie is pregnant.

I'm just glad Dillon isn't going to pretend to be the dad like some people specced. That would have me thrown something at my tv.

Edited by ulkis

That quote from SOD makes me angry.  So again the fans who can't stand Nina, Franco, that greasy little gangster and his family are told to suck it up and support this soap because there are so few left?  Screw that.

I've never seen an show like the way they run GH.They keep characters that are unpopular.The majority seem to be sick and tired of the mob but instead of doing something new their like you need to support the show.Sorry but this show is nothing like the show I feel in love with in the 80s.Of course its been that way for like over 15 years.I've always hoped that it would get better of course I know its hopeless now.

• Love 5

Another retirement coming up. This time it's Leslie Charleson's saying goodbye to GH. New writers plan a December dedicated to GH's favorite dysfunctional family with heartfelt family reunions, a ghost or two popping in and a loving goodbye to Dr. Monica Quartermaine.

She's back! Constance Towers will be back to tape a pair of pivotal episodes with Genie Francis. The contents of Luke's last letter's revealed when Laura pays Helena a visit looking for answers. Laura's conscience nearly gets the best of her when she stumbles across Nikolas' new house guest. Lots of fireworks when Laura finally confronts her wayward son with all she's uncovered.

If true, it'd be better be "heartfelt family reunions" plural and not just Monica slobbering over Jason on her way out the door.

As for Helena, I love Constance Towers and I feel like seeing her and Genie Francis square off sans Luke could be fun, but I'm also verrry worn out on Helena.

• Love 11

Aw, so did Ron get his job back? #NothingChanges

• Love 2