Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Honestly, the real reason I wouldn't want Rebecca Budig to be Emily because I don't want Nikolas to have any kind of win or happy ending coming out of this story.  I want him to go down and go down HARD.  No brain tumors, no "Helena made me do it!', no sympathy bangs from Liz, etc.

They couldn't launch Rafe as the new Hot White Boyfriend for Molly so they quickly lost interest.  And who gives a fuck about Felix's sister, making her the fourth spoke in that quad was dumb from the onset.

I've been immersed in the latter 1990s GH, so my current good will toward Nik, Liz, Lucky, and (real) Emily knows no bounds. I know that isn't fair. It's just how it is. I don't want Nik to go down. I just want him to stop it, or to realize he's been like Stefan and stop or, or to just be like Stefan and not get more Cassidinian. 

I liked Rafe a lot. I thought (go ahead, throw tomatoes) that actor had more chemistry with Molly than TJ does. I also thought Felix's sister was good. What do I know?

DOOL also just cast Vincent Irizzary.  I'd have taken him on GH over all of Frank's Y&R gets combined.  It'll be months before anyone sees him on screen, but still.

ETA:  I wish they would give Jordan and TJ some family members.  TJ needs cousins, aunts and uncles to talk some sense into him.

At this point, although I like both the actors who play TJ and Jordan, I think these characters need to be written off. Sorry.

Ugh, now you've made me remember that Bianca asked for Zach's sperm for her second baby. Thanks!

um, topic: Apparently the new writers called Sonny and CArly a destiny couple in the magazine previews. Damn it, I need Vanessa Marcil to make an overture now!

From the spoilers:

Who the hell is Paul?

It's Dillon's father. Don't feel badly. I had to Google it.

Oh, I think Nik should go down, and if Budig were Emily she could help put him there. For a while. But as good as the chemistry is I could also just as easily let her go. The obsession with outside stars is one of this show's biggest problems and she is nearing the top of the list (Franco and Nina remain a shared #1 with a bullet).

It really revitalized the new All My Children on Hulu. They took a 5-year timeshift as an opportunity to SORAS all the kids and Agnes Nixon was back to doing what she did best, which was create those youth sets. It was clean, pure soap storytelling and it reminds me a bit of what DOOL is doing with the kids, though almost certainly not as well as AMC 2.0.

I don't know why GH has never been able to get its shit together with the kids, whether we're talking about Lucy's girls perpetually maybe coming on, or the current kids, or just T.J. and Molly. I think part of the reason Ron and Frank never committed there is because Frank was obsessed with finding another pretty white boy after Rafe failed as Cole Thornhart Jr. - T.J. does not 'measure up,' clearly. I also think they were far too preoccupied with Kristen Alderson and a million other, larger, ridiculous stories and priorities. And all these little-ass kids.

I don't know. I don't mean to be harsh, but AMC didn't bring its fans to online soaps.

• Love 1
At this point, although I like both the actors who play TJ and Jordan, I think these characters need to be written off. Sorry.

They're more interesting characters portrayed by better actors, have more connections to the canvas, and fit into the show better that Franco and Nina ever will.  If anyone needs to be written off (preferably by killing them off in a hail of machine gun bullets and a fiery explosion), it's those two.  In my opinion, of course.

• Love 7

I liked Rafe a lot. I thought (go ahead, throw tomatoes) that actor had more chemistry with Molly than TJ does.

(picks up a juicy heirloom tomato - j/k!)

I've said before that I liked the idea of Rafe, but the show stamped out everything interesting about his backstory to make him the new White Hot Boyfriend.  It's a Frank template - Cole, Crybaby James, Trey, etc.

I do think Molly and TJ's age group needs more characters, but when Rafe and Taylor flopped, Ron seemed to lose all interest in them.  And making TJ Sonny's adopted minority son is not the way to give them more story, IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

If they really wanted to fuck with people they could say Hayden = Rebecca Shaw = Emily Quartermaine. Plastic surgery. That's probably way too much, though. And the personality is forever changed. And oh, eww, I forgot the Jake angle, never mind.

TC and Budig do have real chemistry, maybe the most he's had with a woman in a long time. It's the character and story that drags it down.

If she still thinks she's Rebecca, it could work, to some extent (not that I'm advocating it).  It would make sense that Rebecca would have no qualms about fucking with Liz's mind.  And, unless I've blocked something out, she and Jake never really did anything, so it's not like we'd have "oh, God, I slept with my brother!" angst when she realizes she's Emily.  

But, I'd only want her to be Emily if she's so disgusted by what Nik's done that she wants nothing to do with him.  I wouldn't have a problem with them together down the road, after he works his ass off to redeem himself and earn her respect and trust, but for him to just have his believed dead love of his life just happily dropped into his lap after all he's done would be gross. 

• Love 5

I couldn't deal with another amnesia/plastic surgery story.

Of course, that could be because I have no problem with RBu,  or the Hayden character at all. She's smart, and isn't making it easy for Nik to fool her. I like the fact that her attraction to him is there, but it isn't overriding her desire for the truth. She IS keeping Nik on his toes, which is exactly what he needs. 

I do think she will be Quartermained, though. But I'm thinking more along the lines of her being Jimmy Lee Holt's daughter. If Hayden really is from the more blue collar town of Beechers Corners, it would make sense.

• Love 3

Am I wrong, or wasn't the "Hayden has a surprising connection to someone in PC" a spoiler in the actual mags? Because if it was, wouldn't they have already been giving us some hints as to what connection that is? There are so many "spoilers" posted on sites sometimes, that are made up and not genuine spoilers at all, and I'm just wondering if that is one of them. Could have sworn though, that a posting about SOD or SID about a month back stated she'd have that connection. Does anyone else remember this?

I don't think she'll be Emily, if there is a connection. I still vote for Susan. Mainly because any other person would require a more convoluted explanation, but other reasons as well.

Am I wrong, or wasn't the "Hayden has a surprising connection to someone in PC" a spoiler in the actual mags?

That was when Ron was still in charge, and he had to have everyone related to someone. I'm hoping the new HWs don't feel as strongly about that. 

Hayden's barely a character so any chemistry that exists is between the actors. So I f the chemistry between RB and TC is worth it, kill off Hayden and bring RB back as Sarah Webber or Rebecca/Emily.

I'd prefer Sarah because Liz should have some family around and I think she and RB would spark against each other

Edited by Oracle42

WISH GRANTED: Rebecca Budig's Hayden is really double amnesiac, Sarah Webber. She and Elizabeth will spark against each other...

…in a triangle with Nikolas, during which Elizabeth will only want Nik when he wants Sarah, and Nik will only want Liz when she wants someone else. j/k

• Love 2

I think a Seinfeld-esque "kibosh" should be put on any other actors playing multiple roles-unless the "multiple roles" is a GOOD split personality story, the purpose of which is to bump off the characters that annoy me.

If it's not kosher, no one should do it.  No exceptions.

And I like Hayden so far. I don't want her stuck with Lizzie Boredom.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

(picks up a juicy heirloom tomato - j/k!)

I've said before that I liked the idea of Rafe, but the show stamped out everything interesting about his backstory to make him the new White Hot Boyfriend.  It's a Frank template - Cole, Crybaby James, Trey, etc.

I do think Molly and TJ's age group needs more characters, but when Rafe and Taylor flopped, Ron seemed to lose all interest in them.  And making TJ Sonny's adopted minority son is not the way to give them more story, IMO.

shoot me. I also liked Rafe. TJ is a complete idiot. he deserves what is happening to him.  Molly told him Uncle Sonny is a mobster.  Stay near him and take your life in your hands. This show gets more like Guza's version every day. TJ lost me when he was mad at his mother because she was an undercover cop and not a drug dealer. ? does that make any sense to anyone ever ? I though they had a great story Rafe was a history character . had a hard life and finally found a family. I liked Rafe and the actor who played him. I also liked him with Molly.

Why would Sonny bring Spinelli to the wedding? Sonny hates Spin.

And ugh that "Valerie wasn't feeling well, so Bobbie took her home.' Not that I blame Val for feeling sick at a Corinthos family function, but you know it's not just that. Rage blackout, here I come.

Does Morgan always make threats while half-asleep?

He's still polluted, cut him some slack.

• Love 2

If Dillon decides to say he's the father I might have a blackout too.

Valerie "sick" = Dante won't be shaving for months now.

Did Valerie not realize she skipped at least one period? Did Pat not teach her what happens when a woman doesn't bleed?

And now I'm imagining this is what happened between Pat and Valerie when she got her first period:

• Love 6

from SOC

The Scoop: GH previews, teasers, and spoilers
For the Week of September 7, 2015

A sneak peek at some of the action that will take place on GH during the week of September 7, 2015. Be sure to tune in to GH every weekday to see how everything plays out.

Morgan spends time with his mother as she gets ready for the wedding

Carly talks to Morgan about the possibility that he has bipolar disorder

Hayden asks Nikolas for insight about the flashes of memory that she's had

Anna and Kyle's relationship takes an unexpected turn

Kyle reminds Anna that they each have secrets

Anna re-evaluates her relationship with Kyle

Kyle warns Nikolas that he expects Nikolas to keep his word

Jordan updates Anna about the criminal activity in Port Charles

Bobbie becomes concerned about Valerie

Julian pays Ava a visit

Julian and Ava discuss what it's like to lose a child

Julian denies any involvement in the mob

Jordan remains concerned about T.J. living with Sonny

Ric causes a commotion during a family crisis

Events begin to trigger Jake's memories

Sam tries to help Jake make sense of the flashbacks

Jake confides to Elizabeth about the glimpses of his past

Elizabeth desperately tries to keep Jake from unraveling his past

Paul makes a decision that will affect the rest of his life

On Monday, September 7, General Hospital will rebroadcast the episode in which Luke bids farewell to Port Charles

A sneak peek at next week

Sonny and Carly's marriage has a rocky start

Elizabeth's efforts are in vain

The violence escalates

Morgan continues a downward spiral

Dante is in for a life-changing shock

My silver lining is it doesn't appear that Dillon fakes being the father, if Dante finds out

Anna and Kyle's relationship takes an unexpected turn

Kyle reminds Anna that they each have secrets

Anna re-evaluates her relationship with Kyle

It sounds like asshole tries to blackmail her about Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos so I hope "re-evaluates" is code for "hands him his nuts".

• Love 7

I love how on Labor Day (my first day off from the new job I started this past week--just ended a LONG unemployment dry spell, VERY happy! :D) I'll have a chance to see the last full episode of GH I've actually seen. What fun. **RME**

And yes, I hate how Tony's ego was so fragile that he ambushed everyone into not including flashbacks. Pathetic (I am so behind in the TFGH thread that this is basically my one chance to lash out about this, heh. I'm still wondering if I should bother catching up--I'm on page 745, which is late July. Yeah, I'm THAT behind). 

• Love 4

god, I didn't realize it, but even the spoilers are calling him Kyle. Stop it spoilers. He is "Sloane". Not "Kyle". He does not go to school here.

Thank you, I was wracking my brain wondering who the heck is Kyle? I've been on the barge for years, and have been watching sporadically for the last few months, so had no idea who they were talking about.

Hayden asks Nikolas for insight about the flashes of memory that she's had

Ugh. Here's hoping she continues to be skeptical of whatever Nik tells her. That is the only thing making her bearable to me.

Dante is in for a life-changing shock

WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY???!!!!!!?????!!!!! *smells toast*

• Love 3

Seriously, the last thing this show needs is another baby, although I guess we're due for a tock, right?  Watch this show have Lulu find out, get in a fight with Val, and Val have, like, a staircarriage.

The ONLY bright side is that this probably means they're not gonna write in TC's pregnancy.

• Love 4

Soaptown spoilers 9/5

BA is back for a short visit. Supposedly TPTB wanted him on contract but he said no. He starts shooting at the end of Sept and he'll be around for the Jason reveal.

We're going to start losing recurring characters. She (the columnist) doesn't know who yet. 

It is Paul behind Sonny's shooting and TJ's kidnapping. Paul has the goods on Ava in the form of a flash drive to they make a deal.

Naxie is possibly breaking up. 

Anna goes after Lomax and Anna gets her revenge. 

Jason tells Sam he had a memory flash when Sonny got shot but Sam tries to "dissuade him that the memory is intact".

Oh boo. I wanted it to be Ric behind the shooting!

BA is back for a short visit. Supposedly TPTB wanted him on contract but he said no. He starts shooting at the end of Sept and he'll be around for the Jason reveal.

It is Paul behind Sonny's shooting and TJ's kidnapping. Paul has the goods on Ava in the form of a flash drive to they make a deal.

Ric would've been perfect. Richard Burgi always gives great villain but Paul is a comparably stupid choice, assuming this is true.

Lyft needs Bradford! Beep beep, duty calls!

• Love 1

Anna goes after Lomax and Anna gets her revenge. 

Revenge?  What did Lomax do to Anna?  Lomax fucked over her friend, FELICIA (WHO?).  Remember FELICIA (WHO?), Anna?  GAH!

Richard Burgi does give good villain, but you know what the narrative will be - evil doer connected to the Quartermaines being super duper mean to poor, innocent mob sweetie Sonny.  Blech.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Paul Hornsby has a history of criminal behavior (though he'd been blackmailed at the time) and I'm sure Burgi and Maura West would be great scheming together, but it's still a less interesting choice to me. Ric makes a lot of sense and is a lot more immediately exciting, IMO, and I'd sooner see Burgi hang around long-term as part of some corporate intrigue with Nikolas and ELQ and family stuff with the Q's. Plus, this will just end in Tracy once again being scammed and brokenhearted by a man. How certain are we about this version of events?

• Love 3

Paul Hornsby has a history of criminal behavior (though he'd been blackmailed at the time) and I'm sure Burgi and Maura West would be great scheming together, but it's still a less interesting choice to me. Ric makes a lot of sense and is a lot more immediately exciting, IMO, and I'd sooner see Burgi hang around long-term as part of some corporate intrigue with Nikolas and ELQ and family stuff with the Q's. Plus, this will just end in Tracy once again being scammed and brokenhearted by a man. How certain are we about this version of events?

It's from that Trixie person, and I don't remember the last time she got something wrong so I'm pretty certain. But who knows what could change with the new writers.

Jason tells Sam he had a memory flash when Sonny got shot but Sam tries to "dissuade him that the memory is intact".

Well of course Jason gets a memory flash when something happens to Sonny.

Ric only goes after Sonny when they are at odds and Sonny wants nothing to do with him. They are currently on good terms, so Ric has no need to go after Sonny to get his attention. I am actually relieved that Ric wasn't behind it because that would have meant he went after Molly's boyfriend to get to Sonny.

Probably they will hook up Dillon and Maxie as they work together on his film.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2