Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, himela said:

New players are more thirsty for the money and the publicity. Plus I remember that the casting went on until June so I'm sure they had a cast ready for this season.

I dunno. I mean, look how messy the former HGs are getting on Twitter right now and they're not even playing. Hell, even Adora Borealis is coming to play via Auntie Elissa and she's four

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I also find the habit of sending gifts to HG;s incredibly weird. Like I can understand if you make an arts and craft doll of a HG or whatever but I'll never get the expensive gifts HG's seem to get from fans every year. 

By "arts and craft doll," do you really mean voodoo doll? 🤣

(Just kidding!  I wish no harm to come to these sometimes annoying, unbearable HGs.  I know there are crazies out there in the world who do take the show a little too seriously, though, and those are the ones to watch out for.)

Edited by TVFan17
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

So now there's speculation that the interviews on Wednesday have also been pushed back. This is the message on the live feeds now:

a6x8qjq2ffd51.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

So maybe there was a cast change or some positive COVID tests or something. Or it's Big Brother being Big Brother and creating more buzz this way. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I like to think that we're a (kinda sorta) mature bunch that keeps our shit talking to a small little corner of the Internet so we get a bit of a pass on this stuff but I forget sometimes that the online Big Brother fandom, as a whole, is a flaming pile of dog shit. Sometimes it's entertaining as fuck and then there are other times when they're calling HGs work places in orchestrated attacks because they dared to nominate or vote out their favourite. I heard there was already a bunch of people who were calling (I think) Janelle's work place earlier this month to see if they could find out whether she took vacation time to play Big Brother. I appreciate the Nancy Drews but not when they pull shit like that. Just stalk someone's IG like a normal person, geez. 

I prefer to think of us here as charmingly nutty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I prefer to think of us here as charmingly nutty.

Slightly cracked, a little salty, but still a satisfying snack?

tumblr_pfhb78enGW1sv5z62_400.gif

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kaycee has really done herself a disservice on social media lately by going out partying in a bar during a pandemic lol.

She's definitely gone down a bit for me. I mean, really? I get she's young, and probably doesn't think it's a big deal, but it's just so careless and thoughtless.  

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I'm confused as to how a bunch of random IG models would have an easier time leaving their families than a group of All Stars. 

Same. I can't imagine it's an easy decision for anyone. Sure, the money *might* be good, but I'm not leaving my 75 yr old mom in the middle of a pandemic. She's already isolated enough as it is, and I imagine some BB wannabes feel the same way, even if their age (and therefore their parents age) would tend to be younger. 

I can't stand Paul, and maybe he's full of it, but his reasoning actually makes sense. I can understand it'd be a weird time to be locked away and not know how everything is progressing.

BB sounds like they have some solid protocols in place, but seeing how baseball isthisclose to being shut down...they had lax protocols, and limited adherence to the ones they had.  BB is going to have to be very careful to not have any lapses.

So, if the season happens, Nicole F is going to be the villain, huh? lol. I really don't think she will showmance, but I can see her gravitating to the usual dudes alliance.

Oh God, Christmas? Just. No.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

So now there's speculation that the interviews on Wednesday have also been pushed back. This is the message on the live feeds now:

a6x8qjq2ffd51.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

So maybe there was a cast change or some positive COVID tests or something. Or it's Big Brother being Big Brother and creating more buzz this way. 

This may not be the cause of the delay, but I would be shocked if someone from the group of potential HGs didn't end up testing positive for COVID -- simply because it is so, so contagious and it spreads so rapidly.   Even just going into a grocery store or having groceries delivered at home can lead to catching it, let alone doing anything more social like being around friends, etc.  They might not have experienced any symptoms -- there are certainly plenty of people who are asymptomatic -- but the tests are turning up positive now.  I am constantly in a state of disbelief when people I follow on social media continue to say they have the virus now, or had it a few months ago, etc.  So many people have had it and continue to get it.  That COVID-19 monster is all over the place, lurking even when we don't know it's there.

Edited by TVFan17

Dick isn't the only one mentioning the Keesha rumors.  Reality BBQ did as well and they have been providing some solid info this last week. 

If it's true, I am here for it!  

• Love 5

On August 5th, we're going to be watching the premiere to see them reveal the HGs one at a time. And it's gonna be Christmas, BB21's Jessica, Scottie, Swaggy, BB19's Jillian (aka Final Destination), BB18's Jozea and Glenn, the pug from BB1, ZERO STARS!!!1 dude...

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm not leaving my 75 yr old mom in the middle of a pandemic. She's already isolated enough as it is

She could watch you 24/7 on the live feeds! Just kidding. 😛

• LOL 3
32 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

She's definitely gone down a bit for me. I mean, really? I get she's young, and probably doesn't think it's a big deal, but it's just so careless and thoughtless.  

Isn't she like, in her thirties? I'm surprised, too, because she still acts like twenty-something. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mooses said:

Isn't she like, in her thirties? I'm surprised, too, because she still acts like twenty-something. 

I remember her being a year older than me, and I'm turning 38 this year, so... yeeeeaaaah. Flirting with forty and acting like that.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I remember her being a year older than me, and I'm turning 38 this year, so... yeeeeaaaah. Flirting with forty and acting like that.

Kaycee is 32. So ... yeah, a bit old to be acting like this. 

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Slider said:

Some of the rumors have been ludicrous, some seem to have a touch of the truth, and others... who knows, but I do think that Covid has production scrambling and trying to get all the spots filled.  I think it would be hard to leave a family during a pandemic.

Nothing screams, "Oh shit, we are running out of people who are willing to do this" more than having David Alexander on your "All Star" season. And I like David and actively wanted to see him get another chance to play BB, but not as a freakin' ALL STAR! It's a total joke and just a statement about how desperate they are to fill out this cast. This is going to be a hilariously embarrassing "All Star" cast. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

This is going to be a hilariously embarrassing "All Star" cast. 

Most shows with All Star seasons are very loose with their definition of All Star. It's usually mostly just people they could get lol. Even the original one for BB, like Boogie was not an All Star. Jace wasn't either really.

When the rumors first came out, I was so sure they'd get David. It just works, optics wise, in their mind imo. I was super surprised he was never rumored to be on so I'm not surprised it seems like they may be adding him now. 

If that latest cast list ends up being the official one, I'm excited to see Janelle and Kaysar together again. I mean, it's been a long time and they are very different personalities with very different views.

ETA: If that ends up being the final list, I could see a case for at least 7 of them being legitimate All Stars, so hey, almost half lol.

• Love 1

I think my favourite moment of today is the fact that Keesha is now trending in the U.S. and Canada, Keesha's birthday is one of the hot topics (and just in time for her actual birthday!), and I've seen Mr. Pectacular himself educating Kat Dunn about the joyous celebration and the best Big Brother birthday ever on Twitter. Apologies to Rockstar's daughter's birthday (eve) which ranks number two on the BB Epic Birthdays List. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13603118

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Most shows with All Star seasons are very loose with their definition of All Star. It's usually mostly just people they could get lol. Even the original one for BB, like Boogie was not an All Star. Jace wasn't either really.

When the rumors first came out, I was so sure they'd get David. It just works, optics wise, in their mind imo. I was super surprised he was never rumored to be on so I'm not surprised it seems like they may be adding him now. 

If that latest cast list ends up being the official one, I'm excited to see Janelle and Kaysar together again. I mean, it's been a long time and they are very different personalities with very different views.

ETA: If that ends up being the final list, I could see a case for at least 7 of them being legitimate All Stars, so hey, almost half lol.

I think they actually did a really good job with the picks for the original All-Star season. They only had six seasons to pick from and yet they had an impressive cast. Jace, remember, was picked by the fans (over Bunky and Cowboy), so I don't think he was a bad pick. I mean, he was a terrible person and gameplayer, but I don't think he was a bad pick for an All-Star. So now, with THIRTEEN seasons to choose from (BB9 doesn't count), for them to have as an option a dude who was evicted first just last season? Ooph, that's rough.

The more I look at it, it's really just the four alternates that stand out as awful. The rest of the cast is fair enough, really. Not at all who I would like to see (I am looking forward to Keesha, Janelle and Kaysar, though), but they're notable enough cast members for it to work as an "All Star" cast. It's just that the four alternates (Enzo, Christmas, David and Kevin) are TERRIBLE. 

I hope that the delay is BB trying desperately to find better choices than those four alternates. 

You know what, yea, I'm thinking more of Survivor's general returnee seasons and also the seasons of BB with returnees having terrible picks. 

They should have just called this season Second Chance or something. Then it doesn't look so bad that it's not particularly All Star worthy. Bonus, it would mean Ian wouldn't get cast lol.

• Love 2
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

You know what, I'm thinking more of Survivor's general returnee seasons and also the seasons of BB with returnees having terrible picks. The first All Stars wasn't bad outside of Boogie and Jace.

They should have just called this season Second Chances. Then it doesn't look so bad that it's not particularly All Star worthy. Bonus, it would mean Ian wouldn't get cast lol.

Yeah, that's a great call. They really should have gone that route. It would have worked so much better if they had just done that.

• Love 1

And you're also right that I was probably spoiled by how strong the first BB All-Star cast was. Couple that with how long they took to do another one, you'd think that they were going to make it special like the first one (even though Boogie and pregaming ruined that season in the end), but you're right, I shouldn't expect too much with reality TV.

Especially since Shapiro was still in charge when the first All Star season happened. 

• Love 1

If even some of the 1 million rumors that have come and gone these past few months were true, maybe at some points they really did have a potential All Stars caliber cast. What they're going to end up with is not it though lol. 

Honestly, maybe they should have just held off on announcing it until they had a truly solidified cast (i.e. all the covid tests actually came back lol) and that way maybe they could have had time to change the name. Although, I guess they already had that merch made up so it might have been too late awhile ago!

• Love 2
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

If even some of the 1 million rumors that have come and gone these past few months were true, maybe at some points they really did have a potential All Stars caliber cast. What they're going to end up with is not it though lol. 

Honestly, maybe they should have just held off on announcing it until they had a truly solidified cast (i.e. all the covid tests actually came back lol) and that way maybe they could have had time to change the name. Although, I guess they already had that merch made up so it might have been too late awhile ago!

Yeah, fair enough, they probably lost a lot of legit All-Stars. I apologize, Grodner! Your "Second Chances" idea, though, would still have been a better idea. 

• Love 1

Okay this is gonna make me sound like a noob but why is Enzo terrible? I didn't have the feeds then, though I feel like I loosely followed stuff, and I don't recall hearing anything that made him so bad.

I'm not doubting you, fellow crazies, I just happen to not know this particular bit of info.

3 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Okay this is gonna make me sound like a noob but why is Enzo terrible? I didn't have the feeds then, though I feel like I loosely followed stuff, and I don't recall hearing anything that made him so bad.

I'm not doubting you, fellow crazies, I just happen to not know this particular bit of info.

He's not a bad person, he just isn't remotely memorable. He was the fourth most interesting player in a four-man alliance a DECADE AGO and one of those guys was LANE, who was a snoozefest of a person, too, but had a memorable flirtmance with Brittney. 

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

He's not a bad person, he just isn't remotely memorable. He was the fourth most interesting player in a four-man alliance a DECADE AGO and one of those guys was LANE, who was a snoozefest of a person, too, but had a memorable flirtmance with Brittney. 

Does it make me sound like an idiot to say I'm happy it's just a matter of being a terrible *choice* and not a terrible *person*? I generally enjoyed him (at least the broadcast version) and, really, just don't want to hear about yet another person sucking haha.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Does it make me sound like an idiot to say I'm happy it's just a matter of being a terrible *choice* and not a terrible *person*? I generally enjoyed him (at least the broadcast version) and, really, just don't want to hear about yet another person sucking haha.

Nah, I totally feel ya. It's just that this is ALL STARS, ya know? Out of 13 seasons, even with people backing out, you'd think they'd be able to find 14 memorable houseguests. I'd sooner have Jenn City than Enzo, in terms of memorability. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Nah, I totally feel ya. It's just that this is ALL STARS, ya know? Out of 13 seasons, even with people backing out, you'd think they'd be able to find 14 memorable houseguests. I'd sooner have Jenn City than Enzo, in terms of memorability. 

See now, I'd rather have Enzo than Jenn City, both because I find him more entertaining than her, and because I'm still annoyed at everyone involved in the S14 outcome not named Britney haha

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Apparently unpopular opinion: I really enjoyed Enzo the first time, and I hope he makes it onto the cast. There are several others I consider far more useless/undeserving of an "All Stars" spot, even in this context where that name is sort of iffy anyway. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I didn't watch BB11 either, so I had to look up Kevin. He seems like he could be entertaining.

Memphis without Dan? Huh. I do like that there seem to be fewer dude!bro! types, which might be nice, and likely to be fewer hookups. I suppose Cody / David / Memphis / Tyler / Kaysar / Enzo could team up though.

I can kind of warm up to this alleged cast, but the winner is going to seem so random, lol. I'm just really going to be rooting for Kaysar to not get evicted early.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3

Wait... the Kevin named is S11 Kevin? And where was it said Memphis? I'd be down for both of those, TBH. I've always liked Memphis (his jury questioning was... rough, especially against Dan, but I always felt like if he was up against Not Dan, he played a game worthy of winning in his own right) and Kevin was aligned with pieces of work, but he was generally pretty chill and funny. And I'll never forget his reaction to Jessie's "wake" because it was as close to my being able to say it as could be possible.

• Love 6

Yeah, I actually really loved Kevin. He realized about halfway through the season he was aligned with horrible people, but just made the best out of it. And don’t even get me started on Keesha. Probably my all time #1 fave now that I’ve been completely over exposed to Janelle.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I can't believe Christmas is on considering she tried to run over her baby daddy's new gf

Holy schnikies, is this true? I mean, I understand her rage at her boyfriend having a girlfriend when she's 8 MONTHS PREGNANT, but I'm still utterly shocked they're allowing her to play. I thought they had rules about that kind of thing. (You know, no casting people who rammed other people with their car, etc.) 

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Holy schnikies, is this true? I mean, I understand her rage at her boyfriend having a girlfriend when she's 8 MONTHS PREGNANT, but I'm still utterly shocked they're allowing her to play. I thought they had rules about that kind of thing. (You know, no casting people who rammed other people with their car, etc.) 

Well, kind of. Christmas rammed her SUV into the new girlfriend's car twice from behind and then took off. She didn't try to actually run over the new girlfriend, just tried to go Grave Digger on her vehicle's ass. 

ETA: Oops, I saw the distinction in your post after I posted, I was going off the post you quoted, which made it sound like she tried to take out the new girlfriend from the back of the knees. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

Holy schnikies, is this true? I mean, I understand her rage at her boyfriend having a girlfriend when she's 8 MONTHS PREGNANT, but I'm still utterly shocked they're allowing her to play. I thought they had rules about that kind of thing. (You know, no ramming people with your car, etc.) 

Yes she pled out for probation time.

But as I said, Christmas had major anger/entitlement issues in the Big Brother house. 

34 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

But as I said, Christmas had major anger/entitlement issues in the Big Brother house. 

I always wondered what would have happened if she hadn't ended up in a cast. I figured she would have been gone way sooner due to the issues you mention. I'm curious to see what happens this time. 

3 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I always wondered what would have happened if she hadn't ended up in a cast. I figured she would have been gone way sooner due to the issues you mention. I'm curious to see what happens this time. 

I definitely think she would have gone way sooner. As it was Paul's cult dragged her around as a number. And she became the Susan Atkins of Paul Manson. (Susan Atkins by the way was the most aggressive member of the Manson family, used to frighten other Family members into submission.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

I did not mind Enzo either, the one thing I recall was someone saying he used to spit on the floor inside the house.  Which, I understand that the house is a toilet but still that is really gross.

Kaysar is one of my favorites of all time so I am glad he's back. I am surprised he would come back because I would assume he would not want to do something like this now that he is older.

Love seeing Keesha back again.  She played a hell of game her first time around.

I am always going to like having Janelle back.

Overall I don't think that potential cast is bad.  Though I am not sure if there are any true villains in the cast.  I mean I guess Bayleigh and Christmas could fit that mold but nobody else really does.  You would think they would try to get on villain back.

Edited by BK1978
Because I leave letters off of words all of the time.
  • Love 2

I think Tyler before he decided to throw his game away by cuddling with Angela in the HoH bed all day was sort of a BB villain. He seemed to be embracing his role as a backstabber and double dealer. But then as I said he tanked his own game by getting in a showmance. 

• Love 3

I'll be the cheese that stands alone in not really liking Kaysar.

I don't find him hateful by any means but he's just so blaaaaaaaah and was weirdly smug about his strategic abilities, which was funny coming from Mr. Revolving Door Evictions.

• Love 4
(edited)

I read that Kaycee and Josh were pulled because they tested positive for Covid 19. Of course, on twitter and facebook people post crazy stuff..... 

Edited by DakotaLavender
name misspelled
17 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I read that Kayee and Josh were pulled because they tested positive for Covid 19. Of course, on twitter and facebook people post crazy stuff..... 

I don't know if it's true about those two specifically, but I would be more shocked if none of the potential HGs had the virus.  I think it's more likely than not that someone from the group CBS rounded up will have it.   It is super-contagious and widespread.

• Love 1

Of the current leaked cast, I think anyone who has played more than once counts as All-Star worthy right off the bat, whether I like them or not. So that covers Da'Vonne,  Danielle, Janelle, Nicole F. and Kaysar, 

I think any America's Favorite Houseguest winners should count, which gets you Tyler, Keesha and Nicole A. 

I think any winners should count, which gets you Ian (and Nicole F., but she was in already from the other thing).

I think any second place finisher should count, which gets you Memphis and Cody.

So that leaves Enzo, David, Bayleigh, Christmas and Kevin as the ones who are a bit questionable. Of those, Bayleigh obviously was a big deal (whether you like her or not), so I think she flies by. Honestly, I think Christmas was sort of a big deal, too, now that I think about it. Her broken foot was a major story and she DID make it to top three. I've come around on Enzo. I still think he's a stretch, but he finished Top Three AND he came in second to Brittney for America's Favorite Houseguest, so I guess that's fine.

So that just leaves David and Kevin as HGs who don't fit the All-Star standard at ALL, and unsurprisingly, they were the two most recent alternates who were pressed into action. So dollars to donuts, someone is trying very hard to get two more HGs who fit the above criteria (returnee, winner, second place finisher or America's Favorite Houseguest) to return. 

I actively like both Kevin and David (Kevin just picked some shitty friends in the house), but I really hope CBS pulls two better choices out of their Kass before tomorrow.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

And don’t even get me started on Keesha. Probably my all time #1 fave now that I’ve been completely over exposed to Janelle.

Right! Man, I will lose it if Keesha is actually in the cast. If I can't ever see Jen again, then Keesha is the next best option! 

10 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I don't find him hateful by any means but he's just so blaaaaaaaah and was weirdly smug about his strategic abilities, which was funny coming from Mr. Revolving Door Evictions.

I fucking loved Kaysar in BB6. Listen, he was hot as hell and I adored the surprising closeness he had with Janelle. He really did have such unearned arrogance in BB7 though. I mean, he was almost certainly the most popular at the time but he sucked at the game lol. I'm really interested to see him now though since it's been so long.

I really hope we still get the live interviews tomorrow. Obviously, it seems clear we aren't going to since they took down the feeds announcement, but things are changing so quick with this that I'm just hoping they'll be able to get the cast finalized by then lol.

• Love 3