Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

@Brian Cronin, at 75 Jerry was able to maintain his balance on a 'flying' airplane for a not-insignificant amount of time in part one of the BB10 finale. Dude's a Marine and tough as nails, so I think he'll be around for awhile yet.

...though not if anyone put him in the disgusting Big Brother house in the year of murderous viruses and murder hornets.

For those who didn't read the release that closely, live feeds don't go up until after the west coast airing of the episode, so not until 2:30 am ET. Which sucks but...that's CBS.

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Um so I made the mistake of checking Hayden Moss's twitter. Won't do that again. Yikes.

Same. Those likes were, uh, interesting.

So a few potential players tested positive? Even knowing how contagious this virus seems to be, that seems like a lot. Hopefully, they all have a milder case and get well quickly. 

That was a nice interview with Josh, all in all.  Curious what "projects" he has coming up.

Regarding the Hardy rumor - I've only seen clips of him here and there, mostly around Will clips, but he seemed...kinda annoying? I guess it would be interesting to see someone from such an early season play against all the young influencer types now. 

I want to get the feeds, but may actually skip it this year. I almost don't have the energy for more 2020 drama, lol. I'll be living vicariously through you all, or I'll cave 2 days after some blowout fight and get them after all.

9 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Regarding the Hardy rumor - I've only seen clips of him here and there, mostly around Will clips, but he seemed...kinda annoying?

He was kind of annoying. He had this weird thing where he had to paint himself as a good guy and would always justify voting people out with what he obviously felt were "better" reasons, like how the house wasn't healthy for Autumn when, really, he was annoyed by her.

Don't get me wrong, Autumn seemed sweet enough but she probably would have bugged me also. The thing is, I can admit she'd annoy me; Hardy refused to let himself say anything he thought would paint him in any kind of negative light.

He'd also say that he wasn't playing to win, which, please. Nicole - who I think had some decent game skills - would do the same thing. They'd get all in a huff if someone even implied that they'd be looking out for themselves gamewise and then follow it up by making moves that... looked out for themselves gamewise. So stupid.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
ROGUE COMMA
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

He was kind of annoying. He had this weird thing where he had to paint himself as a good guy and would always justify voting people out with what he obviously felt were "better" reasons, like how the house wasn't healthy for Autumn when, really, he was annoyed by her.

Don't get me wrong, Autumn seemed sweet enough but she probably would have bugged me also. The thing is, I can admit she'd annoy me; Hardy refused to let himself say anything he thought would paint him in any kind of negative light.

He'd also say that he wasn't playing to win, which, please. Nicole - who I think had some decent game skills - would do the same thing. They'd get all in a huff if someone even implied that they'd be looking out for themselves, gamewise and then follow it up by making moves that... looked out for themselves gamewise. So stupid.

Hardy was kind of the foil for Will and Nicole. Looking back Will and Nicole set the blueprint for strong BB players -- they were very different personalities but both were ruthless and made no bones about it. Hardy was always crying in the Diary Room about being "noble" and what not. So he was kind of annoying. 

• Love 3

As a curiosity I checked out the social media of Janelle, who also (afaik) has very conservative political views. I was a bit shocked to see this on her social media:

I'm actually really interested to see where these HG's fall this summer and if politics will play a role in alliances. It's obvious many of them have changed and grown and I'm just curious to see how it all lines up.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

He didn't even have his mask over his nose and mouth when he finally got in his Uber, did he?  He probably takes the mask off whenever he talks, so basically it's probably off more often than it's on.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, apparently Thanksgiving had a mass email sent out to her customers about her being on All Stars. I would imagine that it was an unfortunate scheduled email that was prepared before the cast reveal delay was announced, so I think we really DO have Christmas on All Stars this season. 

Well... maybe Arbor Day can avoid breaking her tarsals this time around, but it looks to me like she’s already suffering from a bout of foot-in-mouth disease....  😄

I wasn't a fan of Hardy on BB2, but he's definitely one of the more memorable HGs. It helped that BB2 was really the first REAL season of BB, so a lot of the people from that season cast a bit of a large shadow on the game. For instance, the BB17 equivalent of Hardy would be totally forgettable, but because Hardy was early on, he stood out more.

I agree with all of you about Hardy, but listen, the man has a nice voice and he's fine as hell now so I welcome him lol.

11 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

For those who didn't read the release that closely, live feeds don't go up until after the west coast airing of the episode, so not until 2:30 am ET. Which sucks but...that's CBS.

The feeds always start after the west coast airing so I'm not surprsied. It sucks it'll be even later than usual this time though. I will not be staying up that late lol. I'll just flashback tomorrow morning.

8 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

He didn't even have his mask over his nose and mouth when he finally got in his Uber, did he?  He probably takes the mask off whenever he talks, so basically it's probably off more often than it's on.

He took his mask completely off when he got in the uber! He obviously just had that mask with him so that he could look like he was using one when he obviously was not using it. So annoying. Also, I really pray he's telling the truth about not having covid because if he does and he's gallivanting around then I'm even more irate.

• Love 4

I don't mind twists as long as they don't send someone home on Day One or put them in some kind of holding tank.

I'm fine with twists that don't automatically hand some player perceived to be a "fan favorite" (of Grodin's) automatic immunity plus some super power right out of the gate.

• Love 4
On 8/3/2020 at 8:42 PM, Melina22 said:

I don't mind twists as long as they don't send someone home on Day One or put them in some kind of holding tank. I utterly hate that. But I suppose that's incredibly unlikely with an All Star cast, especially given all the hoops and tests and quarantines everyone had to go through just to be there. 

I HAATTTEEEE it when someone goes home right away.

But I have two theories of thoughts on this (or maybe more)

1. BB wants that to be the twist so they don't have to pay one person $40k

2. Perhaps if that happens that person gets $40k no matter what - in that case if i were the other HGs I'd be pissed. 

3. If that is the twist and I was an HG i'd be pissed I spent all that time quarantining. 

12 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

As a curiosity I checked out the social media of Janelle, who also (afaik) has very conservative political views. I was a bit shocked to see this on her social media:

I'm actually really interested to see where these HG's fall this summer and if politics will play a role in alliances. It's obvious many of them have changed and grown and I'm just curious to see how it all lines up.

I wonder if politics and corona talk will get us the music this year. 

I am torn about Christmas being on... at first I was not happy. But now that Josh and Paul aren't on I think it will be interesting to see her play a different game. And she's a hot head crazy nut case just like bailey and I wouldn't be opposed to her and Bailey going after each other

• Love 3
15 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

at 75 Jerry was able to maintain his balance on a 'flying' airplane for a not-insignificant amount of time in part one of the BB10 finale. Dude's a Marine and tough as nails, so I think he'll be around for awhile yet.

Hard pass on Jerry, though.  He had a mouth to go with all of that. They finally got Keesha back. They don't need the old guy who kept calling her the worst names possible, mainly the one that involves next Tuesday.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I HAATTTEEEE it when someone goes home right away.

But I have two theories of thoughts on this (or maybe more)

1. BB wants that to be the twist so they don't have to pay one person $40k

2. Perhaps if that happens that person gets $40k no matter what - in that case if i were the other HGs I'd be pissed. 

3. If that is the twist and I was an HG i'd be pissed I spent all that time quarantining. 

I wonder if politics and corona talk will get us the music this year. 

I am torn about Christmas being on... at first I was not happy. But now that Josh and Paul aren't on I think it will be interesting to see her play a different game. And she's a hot head crazy nut case just like bailey and I wouldn't be opposed to her and Bailey going after each other

I agree.  I am curious to see Christmas without Paul and Josh there, and without the foot injury.  I grew to dislike her in that season because she was becoming so mean and ridiculous.  But I'm always willing to give these HGs a second chance.  Sometimes I end up disliking them even more than I did the first time around, and sometimes I find I like them more on their second try.

Also, it's fun to pull out the lists of every possible known holiday or day of celebration to find different names to refer to Christmas.

There are many HGs -- whether I liked them or not -- who I felt would have played a different game if they had not been tethered to their alliances, and I'd like to see them get a second chance.  Certain people drag other people down, and that happens so much on this show.  There are some HGs from the BBOTT online season a few years ago that I would like to see return for a 'real' season of the show.  I'd like to see if the OTT people could handle the way the game and the show are normally paced, played, produced, etc.  I'm actually surprised that none of them have come back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

There are many HGs -- whether I liked them or not -- who I felt would have played a different game if they had not been tethered to their alliances, and I'd like to see them get a second chance. 

It will be her third time, but I'm definitely curious to see Nicole F play when a showmance for her really shouldn't be an option.

• Love 2
Just now, vb68 said:

It will be her third time, but I'm definitely curious to see Nicole F play when a showmance for her really shouldn't be an option.

Exactly.  No showmances allowed for her (hopefully)!  Although she can be annoying, I want to see what she does when the romance possibility is totally off the table and she just has to rely on strategy and skill, and making the right connections with the right people.

If she's one of the returnees, then maybe instead of changing the holiday each time, we should just refer to her as Groundhog Day...  🤣🤣

I'm one who was a fan of Hardy during his original season, but I hadn't found the forums on TWoP yet, and certainly hadn't found my guilty, guilty, obsessive pleasure with the BB life feed forums yet.  So I was all into his righteous good fight against the Chilltown bullies (whom I despised*) that was highlighted in the broadcast episodes.  If I had known how officious, misguided, and what, holier-than-thou? he was at the time that I have since learned from from all y'all who watched the live feeds, I might have changed my mind.  But he still was and hopefully is a fine looking and fine sounding man who can take up some time on my TV screen.

*Dr. Will has since wormed his way into my grudging respect, because he manipulated the rest of Chilltown as much as (or more than) he manipulated the rest of the house.  His excessive procedures that have frozen his face into a plastic Halloween mask of Dr. Will creeps me out though.  His snarkiness and insights into the past several seasons are fantastic, so I just have to shade my eyes when he's onscreen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

What is the point of social distancing and other mitigations for the HGs once they enter the house?  They have been quarantined and are negative for Covid else they not enter at all.

They may say the single beds are a mitigation but that is a lie.  It's a favor given to them as returning hamsters (All Stars).

No guests, though, including Zingbot.  

• Love 2

I think it would be hilarious if Zingbot entered the house in a full enviro isolation suit.  Please, please, please....they can't take Zingbot away from me.  Or the "No Stars!!!" guy...  I may have to resign myself to no OTEV though, that is a very elaborate comp set up, which I'm sure takes a lot of people a lot of time to design, mock-up, build, tear down, build again in the backyard, and tear down again in the back yard.  There's no way the crew can socially distance through all of that.  OTEV is really the only elaborate comp set up I like.  The rest is just flashy crap to engage the casual viewer.  Other classics such as the slip and slide race, dizzy ballerina bowling, chicken-wire egg transfer, etc. seem to be fairly straight forward set-ups, especially if they forgo some of their trademark "over the topness". 

But some of the other endurance comps with the overly elaborate set-ups where they spray the hamsters with crap (wall standing, object hanging) are just dumb and should be sacrificed.  NOT sacrifice the endurance, just the elaborate sets.  Remember the endurance comp where the hamsters just had to stay on the mattress out in the back yard?  No syrup, no feathers, just "sit here until you don't".  That went forever, and I remember footage of that one hamster needing to pee badly, but didn't want to wet the bed, so she shoved her bandana into her pants to try and absorb the pee.  Dr. Will, as I recall, just calmly pissed himself. 

Speaking of OTEV, that was also one comp where they would torture the overall design theme of the season into the OTEV race-to-find-the-answer obstacle course.  Some--like the overall camping theme last year--were less tortured than others.  Can anybody tell me what the overall house theme is this year?  I've looked at various still photos of parts of the house, and there doesn't seem to be a theme, other than "Big Brother" the TV show, not "Big Brother" the all-knowing, all-seeing, harsh master.  (Who is not at all harsh and has been letting the hamsters slack big time lately.)

Edited by HurricaneVal
Typo in Zongbot's name. Please don't tell him/her/it.
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

I'm one who was a fan of Hardy during his original season, but I hadn't found the forums on TWoP yet, and certainly hadn't found my guilty, guilty, obsessive pleasure with the BB life feed forums yet.

My very first post ever was about Big Brother season two!  Way back when it was Mighty Big TV, before TWoP.  

I actually liked Dr Will from the beginning* - I enjoyed his unabashed glee at being such a liar (and you have to remember, this was when lying was still considered novel - he was, for me anyway, the first "villain" I loved to hate.  I liked Hardy better once he dyed his hair black and went crazy.

*ETA: Well, since his original season anyway.  I don't think I actually liked him until Booger and Shannon went home.  But Will getting out of bed at a full tilt run, eyes barely open, straight out of a dead sleep, to go see the new trampoline is one of my favorite moments of BB ever.  

Edited by lasu
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I think it would be hilarious if Zingbot entered the house in a full enviro isolation suit.  Please, please, please....they can't take Zingbot away from me.  Or the "No Stars!!!" guy...  I may have to resign myself to no OTEV though, that is a very elaborate comp set up, which I'm sure takes a lot of people a lot of time to design, mock-up, build, tear down, build again in the backyard, and tear down again in the back yard.  There's no way the crew can socially distance through all of that.  OTEV is really the only elaborate comp set up I like.  The rest is just flashy crap to engage the casual viewer.  Other classics such as the slip and slide race, dizzy ballerina bowling, chicken-wire egg transfer, etc. seem to be fairly straight forward set-ups, especially if they forgo some of their trademark "over the topness". 

This interview with Grodner says to expect Zingbot in some form or another to taunt the houseguests this season:  
https://ew.com/tv/big-brother-all-stars-premiere-covid-19-coronavirus/

Will the Zingbot be delivering zings via Zoom this year?

Grodner: Well, he will be there. I promise you, the Zingbot will not be taken down. He's actually kind of built for this with the shield and metal, right? So do expect Zingbot, but maybe expect him to interact with the house a little differently.

Edited by Matteo
1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

Exactly.  No showmances allowed for her (hopefully)!  Although she can be annoying, I want to see what she does when the romance possibility is totally off the table and she just has to rely on strategy and skill, and making the right connections with the right people.

The thing is, everyone (including me until I had a little distance) ignores that Nicole did all those things you listed above. She did have a strategy and it worked well, it won her the game (along with some pre-season help from Derrick), and it had nothing to do with people accusing her of giving handies to Corey under the sheets. Her plan was to align herself with a group of alpha-male idiots to use as meatshields so she could sit back all pretty and keep her hands clean. It didn't always work out exactly right - there was that glorious week where Big Meech called her out on her shit - but it did win her the game. I hate that Nicole's win gets an asterisk next to it in a lot of people's eyes because they think it was her dick sucking that won her the game but really, it was because she was so well positioned that she had time for... uh, extra curricular activities

I mean, I'm still annoyed that she spent most of the season sitting in the HoH bed with her loyal minions around her but her creating that stable of meatshields to protect her was exactly why she could do that and still win the game. It may not be a strategy I like but it worked. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I just saw something ( a very unreliable source, IMO. Not even a source, really just a site) that listed David Alexander as a cast member. Has there been any mention of him anywhere ? I have a feeling the writers on the site just pulled a name out of nowhere just to stir up some crap !

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

The thing is, everyone (including me until I had a little distance) ignores that Nicole did all those things you listed above. She did have a strategy and it worked well, it won her the game (along with some pre-season help from Derrick), and it had nothing to do with people accusing her of giving handies to Corey under the sheets. Her plan was to align herself with a group of alpha-male idiots to use as meatshields so she could sit back all pretty and keep her hands clean. It didn't always work out exactly right - there was that glorious week where Big Meech called her out on her shit - but it did win her the game. I hate that Nicole's win gets an asterisk next to it in a lot of people's eyes because they think it was her dick sucking that won her the game but really, it was because she was so well positioned that she had time for... uh, extra curricular activities

I totally agree about Nicole. I feel like women who play and win with an immaculate social game really get undercredited. Would a man who picked up a showmance that furthered him in the game get the same flak? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I also find her extremely irritating at times and actually disliked her MORE after listening to her podcast instead of feeling I knew her better or could relate to her more. And her constant whining on TAR made me want to toss her into the Thames. But I can’t help but feel that a lot of the dismissal of her gameplay has an undercurrent of sexism.

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He took his mask completely off when he got in the uber! He obviously just had that mask with him so that he could look like he was using one when he obviously was not using it. So annoying. Also, I really pray he's telling the truth about not having covid because if he does and he's gallivanting around then I'm even more irate.

Honestly, if he did get “released” because he tested positive, doesn’t production have some culpability in just sending him on his merry way? It seems to me like anyone who tested for it should have had to remain in quarantine until being cleared by a doctor, and a week and a half seems like a VERY fast turnaround for that. 

I’m really not happy about Christmas. I thought she was intensely problematic her first go around with her spikes of rage and hatefulness. I know I’ve bemoaned the lack of Kaitlyn, but seriously, Christmas over Kaitlyn (Kaitlyn’s social media strongly implied she wasn’t asked, not that she declined)? And I know CBS pretends OTT didn’t happen but are we really saying Christmas is a better choice than Morgan, who was part of a successful female alliance, lives locally, has been dating the golden boy of the Challenge for two years, and has never hit someone on purpose with her car? Or give Alex a second shot! Or if we want someone problematic, how about Elena? Ugh, Christmas. What a randomly frustrating choice.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

I totally agree about Nicole. I feel like women who play and win with an immaculate social game really get undercredited. Would a man who picked up a showmance that furthered him in the game get the same flak? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I also find her extremely irritating at times and actually disliked her MORE after listening to her podcast instead of feeling I knew her better or could relate to her more. And her constant whining on TAR made me want to toss her into the Thames. But I can’t help but feel that a lot of the dismissal of her gameplay has an undercurrent of sexism.

Honestly, if he did get “released” because he tested positive, doesn’t production have some culpability in just sending him on his merry way? It seems to me like anyone who tested for it should have had to remain in quarantine until being cleared by a doctor, and a week and a half seems like a VERY fast turnaround for that. 

I’m really not happy about Christmas. I thought she was intensely problematic her first go around with her spikes of rage and hatefulness. I know I’ve bemoaned the lack of Kaitlyn, but seriously, Christmas over Kaitlyn (Kaitlyn’s social media strongly implied she wasn’t asked, not that she declined)? And I know CBS pretends OTT didn’t happen but are we really saying Christmas is a better choice than Morgan, who was part of a successful female alliance, lives locally, has been dating the golden boy of the Challenge for two years, and has never hit someone on purpose with her car? Or give Alex a second shot! Or if we want someone problematic, how about Elena? Ugh, Christmas. What a randomly frustrating choice.

Oh man, Morgan would be cool! I really liked her on all the show's she has been on. So glad there will be no Josh. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, willco said:

I just saw something ( a very unreliable source, IMO. Not even a source, really just a site) that listed David Alexander as a cast member. Has there been any mention of him anywhere ? I have a feeling the writers on the site just pulled a name out of nowhere just to stir up some crap !

He was the first person evicted last season. They obviously were hoping for better things from him and so he was an alternate to the alternates (Christmas and Enzo were the first alternates), but enough people canceled that the alternates AND the alternates to the alternates all made the cast (David and BB11's Kevin were the alternates to the alternates). 

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, I'm still annoyed that she spent most of the season sitting in the HoH bed with her loyal minions around her but her creating that stable of meatshields to protect her was exactly why she could do that and still win the game. It may not be a strategy I like but it worked. 

I don't have a problem with Nicole's strategy, but I don't think it was all that impressive, either. It was basically BB101. That's how MOST winners ultimately win. Be part of a dominant alliance but not the HEAD of the alliance, so you're not a target and you also don't get blamed for the decisions of the heads of the alliance. It's how Nicole won and it's also how Rachel, Jordan, Josh, Ian, Lisa, Drew, Steve, Kaycee and Andy all won (Andy and Kaycee stood out a bit more, with Andy pulling out a big move towards the end and Kaycee winning SO MANY competitions). 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, willco said:

There's a BB tweet going around, either from the BB account or the CBS one, with a pic of some of the contestants and he's in it. Assuming that's real, then yeah, there's legitimacy to it.

1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

Would a man who picked up a showmance that furthered him in the game get the same flak?

Well, that's what Boogie did and I would say he does not get the same flak. I mean, I think now everyone sees he's a piece of shit, but I don't think people discredit his win as much as they do Nicole's.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, that's what Boogie did and I would say he does not get the same flak. I mean, I think now everyone sees he's a piece of shit, but I don't think people discredit his win as much as they do Nicole's.

Well, except here. 😉 I don't even count the wins in BB1, BB7, BB8 or BB9 as legit wins. 

BB1 because, well, duh.

BB7 because it was all outside game BS (no way Erica takes Boogie except for outside game stuff, and that's horseshit). Heck, Boogie getting to the Final Four period was based all on outside stuff. Dude literally employed half of the cast.

BB8 because the game was manipulated by the producers through America's Favorite Player. No way Evil Dick makes it to the end in a normal BB season. 

BB9 because, well, it was BB9. That season just plain ol' wasn't a real BB season. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I think it would be hilarious if Zingbot entered the house in a full enviro isolation suit.  Please, please, please....they can't take Zingbot away from me.  Or the "No Stars!!!" guy...  I may have to resign myself to no OTEV though, that is a very elaborate comp set up, which I'm sure takes a lot of people a lot of time to design, mock-up, build, tear down, build again in the backyard, and tear down again in the back yard.  There's no way the crew can socially distance through all of that.  OTEV is really the only elaborate comp set up I like.

Can anybody tell me what the overall house theme is this year?  I've looked at various still photos of parts of the house, and there doesn't seem to be a theme, other than "Big Brother" the TV show, not "Big Brother" the all-knowing, all-seeing, harsh master.

What if Zingbot IS Otev this season?

I think the house theme is part meta-BB, part seedy apartment building. It seems to be heavily based on the final Big Brother UK house from 2018 (like, to the point the quotes and shit painted on the walls are in the same font), which may be yet another meta reference, may be because they were studying that version (which used the original BB1 format right to the end, though incorporated BBUS elements at various points) for how to do challenges that were less prop-intensive and liked what they saw, or may just be because they had to get the house ready in a hurry.

4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

He was the first person evicted last season. They obviously were hoping for better things from him and so he was an alternate to the alternates (Christmas and Enzo were the first alternates), but enough people canceled that the alternates AND the alternates to the alternates all made the cast (David and BB11's Kevin were the alternates to the alternates). 

Ok. That's why I don't remember anything about him, 🙂 I remembered the name and that he is a black guy but nothing else. He went out in the first episode, right ?

20 minutes ago, willco said:

Ok. That's why I don't remember anything about him, 🙂 I remembered the name and that he is a black guy but nothing else. He went out in the first episode, right ?

The one thing that stood out was that due to the Comeback Camp (or whatever it was called), he stayed on the show for four weeks before he was eliminated for good.

Since Boogie came up on the Live Feed Discussion, I thought I'd ask here -- the last I heard, he had a court appearance for July.  I imagine that getting delayed isn't too outlandish to expect in a pandemic, but I haven't heard one way or another.  Anyone have any info?  Is the next time Will calls him, will it be with a piece of plexiglass between them and an armed guard?

• LOL 1

Britney H. took over the CBS Big Brother instagram last night. She has made puppets of all the houseguests and Julie (basically cut-outs of their promo shots on sticks) and acted out various moments of that past week. Pretty amusing, with the usual current Britney mix of low-key, deadpan snark and even deaderpan (not a word, I know) self-deprecation.