Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

Clearly, the thing about Kaysar that made him so good was that he was unlike your typical reality show contestant, because he had been brought in due to his BUDDY wanting to do the show, not him (and what an oddball pairing that was, right? Michael and Kaysar?). So he stood out as a guy who you would never see on a show like Big Brother.  He was so cool to see.

Then everyone told him how great he was for a year and so he came back as an arrogant dummy for All-Stars, but even there, he was mostly done in by the pathetic setup of the original All-Stars, where everyone had pre-gamed against the BB6 cast and Boogie was literally holding people's livelihoods over their heads, so Kaysar and the Sovereigns had no shot in All-Stars, even though they entered as theoretically a strong bloc of 4.

Now, a 39-year-old Kaysar? Who the fuck knows what THAT will be like. I have no fucking clue. Same with a 41-year-old Keesha and a 37-year-old Memphis. It's going to be a total crapshoot and I am so there for it. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Same with a 41-year-old Keesha and a 37-year-old Memphis. It's going to be a total crapshoot and I am so there for it. 

Right! It's so exciting because it's just been so long so we have no idea what these people are like now. Although, I do fear they'll all end up being terrible lol.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! It's so exciting because it's just been so long so we have no idea what these people are like now. Although, I do fear they'll all end up being terrible lol.

I think BB14 Janelle being SO different has me prepared to expect them all to be like BB14 Janelle, so...yeah, pretty terrible. But I could be wrong. I'm definitely hoping to be wrong!

And if Janelle was a lot more low energy at THIRTY-TWO, what the heck is 40-year-old Janelle going to be like?

I also expect Nicole A. to be like Kaysar and buy her Christie/Jessica "She's a devious mastermind who would play people against each other!" hype and try to wheel and deal and be so hilariously bad at it.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Clearly, the thing about Kaysar that made him so good was that he was unlike your typical reality show contestant, because he had been brought in due to his BUDDY wanting to do the show, not him (and what an oddball pairing that was, right? Michael and Kaysar?). So he stood out as a guy who you would never see on a show like Big Brother.  He was so cool to see.

Then everyone told him how great he was for a year and so he came back as an arrogant dummy for All-Stars, but even there, he was mostly done in by the pathetic setup of the original All-Stars, where everyone had pre-gamed against the BB6 cast and Boogie was literally holding people's livelihoods over their heads, so Kaysar and the Sovereigns had no shot in All-Stars, even though they entered as theoretically a strong bloc of 4.

Now, a 39-year-old Kaysar? Who the fuck knows what THAT will be like. I have no fucking clue. Same with a 41-year-old Keesha and a 37-year-old Memphis. It's going to be a total crapshoot and I am so there for it. 

ABSOLUTELY.

When Jeff came back i was so disappointed.  I liked him in s11 because he stood up to the crappy people, but after that season he let the popularity get to his head, became entitled, and was unbearable to watch the second time.  Reverse of that is Dani; I hated her the first time, but liked her the second time.  I am curious about how I will feel about some of these people.  Those I liked (Keesha, Memphis, and Tyler) vs those I didn't (Enzo, Ian, and Bayleigh), could end up being reversed!

But most off all, if the cast rumors are true, then the average player age is 34.  Yay! People my age and not 20 year old mactors!!! 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Slider said:

But most off all, if the cast rumors are true, then the average player age is 34.  Yay! People my age and not 20 year old mactors!!! 

That is nice. It feels more like the old days lol.

Some new rumors:

Yay, a shorter season! I hope they do some kind of Halloween themed comp during October. Bring back OTT's haunted house comp!

I suspected this. It really seems like they didn't have enough alternates and now they're scrambling. This seems so unsafe. They let the rumors build for months without saying a thing and then just decided to be like, 'the premiere is in 2 weeks!' suddenly. They should have waited a little longer and had more alternates.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I read that Kayee and Josh were pulled because they tested positive for Covid 19. Of course, on twitter and facebook people post crazy stuff..... 

Kaycee has been pretty upfront about her lack of social distancing. And I think Josh lives in Miami, where the virus is just walking up to people in their houses and beating them up for no reason.  So this wouldn't surprise me.

I'll believe this season is actually happening when I see the Chenbot letting the first group of vaguely familiar faces in the front door.

• Love 7

They must be trying to improve on David and Kevin and possibly Christmas and Enzo, while also building in decent enough alternates so that if they lose any of the others, they aren't stuck with, like, BB14 Jodi, BB16 Joey and BB17 Jace as "All-Stars."

I bet they wish they could get enough good HGs to move Christmas and Enzo back to alternate status, for instance.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I find Kaitlyn not being a possibility crazy. I guess maybe she didn't want to do it.

They're reairing the Price is Right BB episode tomorrow night at 9 et.

Yeah, any recent HGs that would be obvious picks that aren't on are almost certainly due to either  A.  them not wanting to do the show or B. them having COVID.

Like Brett. Obviously Brett would be a good guy to bring back. He must not want it. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
Not, not "now."
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

How about Hoarder Sam? Remember her interviews with HG's about what they'd do with the money? And her slut-shaming ceremonies?

I think HGs who don't live in CA are particularly unlikely to want to travel to CA for this, ya know?

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

HOW are they not getting Kaitlyn Herman for this?

Purely speculation, but... Tyler. Tyler would be a bigger grab for them than Kaitlyn would be, and I feel like he'd have more pull than her.  If I was to bet, it would be because Tyler will be there.

OMG.  I have been crazy busy lately with work stuff and life stuff and just now had the opportunity to come here and get the best info on the season.  I have read back through five pages to get to here.

A few pages back, I was devastated to hear that Fucking Paul was on the show, along with his #1 minion Josh and his #2 minion Labor Day.  I was keening and sighing and overall wallowing in the pit of despair.  I have been soooo looking forward to some new programming on my TV, and thrilled my secret summer vice was coming back, but hearing about Fucking Paul just completely took my joy away.  I just can't...can't...bear having him on my TV again.  Blech. 

Then, then......the sun came out and the angels sang, and I saw the post where Fucking Paul dropped out.  My joy was back.

Then I saw that Josh was probably out due to COVID-19 and my joy grew.  But I was saddened that Kaycee was out too, for the same reason.  I'll....be OK.

Having Arbor Day back is OK, because she brings the crazy, and I likes crazy on this show.  And now?  Now?  I'm hearing that Raven might come on, after denying it for so long because of her tragically broken foot (which must pain her terribly because of her inverted spine) and my heart is full, because that just puts more cra-cra-crazy into the house. 

Add in Keesha, Kaysar, and (yes) stoic, blank-faced, and deadpan hilarious Cody and I'm near dancing in my chair in anticipation.

Who is Enzo again?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Who is Enzo again?

I thought I had vaguely negative feelings about him, but nothing anyone else has said backs that up.  All I definitively remember about him is that he referred to himself as Meow Meow.  

• Love 2
Just now, lasu said:

I thought I had vaguely negative feelings about him, but nothing anyone else has said backs that up.  All I definitively remember about him is that he referred to himself as Meow Meow.  

Excuse you, that's The Meow Meow. 😂 😂 He's also the penguin suit guy. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, IndyMischa said:

Excuse you, that's The Meow Meow. 😂 😂 He's also the penguin suit guy. 

Ha! I definitely didn't remember the The!

This reminds me of one of my favorite things, almost relevant: When Mike "The Situation" went on Celebrity Big Brother UK, Big Brother (you can hear Big Brother talk/interview housemates in the UK version), they would always refer to him as "The Situation."  They were trolling him so hard, and I was dying.  "The Situation, please come to the diary room."  "Did you sleep well last night, The Situation?"  It was awesome.

• LOL 6
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Not that Cody, Cody Calafiore from BB16.

Sadly!! I don't mind Original Recipe Cody, but Nickson is one of my all time fave houseguests for his utter lack of fucks to give. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Not that Cody, Cody Calafiore from BB16

Bummer.

I shall manage.

Until they announce the final-final cast......well, basically until I see them all enter the house........I will be stressing out that Fucking Paul might change his mind and come back.  Y'all may have to talk me off a few ledges between now and then. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I fucking loved Kaysar in BB6. Listen, he was hot as hell and I adored the surprising closeness he had with Janelle. He really did have such unearned arrogance in BB7 though. I mean, he was almost certainly the most popular at the time but he sucked at the game lol. I'm really interested to see him now though since it's been so long.

I'm totally open to Kaysar changing my mind. Like I said, it wasn't a hateful thing, I just didn't find him particularly interesting in S6 and then kinda lol worthy in S7. In fact, I hope he grows on me more; contrary to my snark, I don't actually like hating on people haha

Ever since S11 Kevin and Memphis were thrown into the rumor mix, they're all I want. S11 Kevin because it's so out of left field and he always felt like someone who should play again but I assumed wouldn't be asked; and Memphis because of the reasons I stated earlier and also because, really, he was my first Blue Moon Brett - they made him seem like such a douche in his intro, but he turned out nothing like I thought he might.

Also also, because I unabashedly love all things S10. If I were casting this season, there'd be at least five from S10 without a second thought haha.

35 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Sadly!! I don't mind Original Recipe Cody, but Nickson is one of my all time fave houseguests for his utter lack of fucks to give. 

On occasion, I'll throw on the jury house segments from S19 just because everything Cody makes me laugh. His perfectly timed "I didn't" was just

tenor.gif

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
i feel like i needed a semi-colon? maybe? unsure, because my sentence was entirely too long to begin with.
  • Love 5
(edited)
31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

His timing really was incredible. Like I know he is a truly terrible person but fucking hell the comedy he brought was beautiful.

The other one that kills me from the jury house is Mark asking Cody who he thinks will be arriving that day and Cody's all "don't ask me, IDGAF, ask Elena". It was just so casual and over it that it makes me laugh every time.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I will forever argue that Kevin has earned his spot in All Stars for his eye-rolling kill-me-now performance during Jessie's wake when Chima and Lydia and Natalie were sitting around the dining room table and salting their dinners with their tears and then it cuts to Kevin in the DR pointing out that they all had issues with Jessie and then back to them sobbing about how Jessie prayed for all of us, all the time, he was just such a good person and Kevin looks like he's trying to find a bridge to jump off of just to end the pain. 

Also, totally shallow end of the pool here but I can't wait to just stare at Kaysar. I get dreamy heart eyes just thinking about it. 

3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Like Brett. Obviously Brett would be a good guy to bring back. He must not want it. 

BB20 DEFENSE WINS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS McGriddle making Brett? Last I heard, he's currently in L.A. with Jackson and some Bachelorette chick (sorry, Bachelor fans, but I feel like I'll get an STI just from watching it so I don't) putting up IG stories from a beach. That was, like, a week ago. I'm just going to assume that there were no masks or social distancing because I can and it fits with my image of Jackson but he would be an easy grab if they have sudden holes. I just don't know how his 'rona tests would work out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

The question is, why do people watch Big brother? Do they want the crazy or do they want the strategy? What can we live without, Dan's funeral or Raven? I mean, I really appreciate some crazy TV and some funny people but I watch Big brother mostly for the strategy so I am wondering whether all Stars can bring strategy to the table, given that they want to protect their reputation and also that they may have pre-existing relationships.

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, himela said:

The question is, why do people watch Big brother? Do they want the crazy or do they want the strategy? What can we live without, Dan's funeral or Raven?

Why-Not-Both-meme.png

But honestly, if strategy isn't also entertaining, we end up with BB16's Derrick curing our insomnia. Dan's funeral was strategic as fuck and entertaining as fuck. There's a reason why we continue to talk about Dan's funeral to this day and not the time that Derrick managed to shut down an attempt to nominate/vote out someone he wanted to stay the third time. You need a little from both sides. There's room for both Dan's funeral and Raven's batshittery - and if you have them in the same season, ZERO FIVE STARS!

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I will forever argue that Kevin has earned his spot in All Stars for his eye-rolling kill-me-now performance during Jessie's wake when Chima and Lydia and Natalie were sitting around the dining room table and salting their dinners with their tears and then it cuts to Kevin in the DR pointing out that they all had issues with Jessie and then back to them sobbing about how Jessie prayed for all of us, all the time, he was just such a good person and Kevin looks like he's trying to find a bridge to jump off of just to end the pain. 

Also, totally shallow end of the pool here but I can't wait to just stare at Kaysar. I get dreamy heart eyes just thinking about it. 

BB20 DEFENSE WINS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS McGriddle making Brett? Last I heard, he's currently in L.A. with Jackson and some Bachelorette chick (sorry, Bachelor fans, but I feel like I'll get an STI just from watching it so I don't) putting up IG stories from a beach. That was, like, a week ago. I'm just going to assume that there were no masks or social distancing because I can and it fits with my image of Jackson but he would be an easy grab if they have sudden holes. I just don't know how his 'rona tests would work out. 

Kevin was also a good player. If he’d won the final HOH, he would’ve won the game.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

His timing really was incredible. Like I know he is a truly terrible person but fucking hell the comedy he brought was beautiful.

I can't stand him, but that jury house segment was amazing. He was so over it, and Paul, lol. Not to mention the absolute beauty of Raven claiming she was the puppet master.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I watched this again and I legitimately laughed the entire time. So fun!

He's even hotter now! 

Speaking of people who are hotter now, holy hell I looked up Memphis' instagram and he is fine as hell and also just kinda seems awesome. 

Man, I'm getting my hopes up now. Watch none of Kaysar/Memphis/Keesha/Kevin even be on or they are but they all suck lol.

• Love 3

Is anyone else worried that BB22: AS2: Lost in New York isn't going to be able to live up to the drama that's been happening pre-game on social media? In the past day or so, we've gotten Brett versus Rockstar, Nicole Franzel being responsible for everything from Derrick and Dan getting kicked off to the assassination of JFK, and Bayleigh's been stuck in Whole Foods for 24 hours (someone should really go help her find the exit). What's next, Kathy finally climbs out of the caramel?

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Is anyone else worried that BB22: AS2: Lost in New York isn't going to be able to live up to the drama that's been happening pre-game on social media? In the past day or so, we've gotten Brett versus Rockstar, Nicole Franzel being responsible for everything from Derrick and Dan getting kicked off to the assassination of JFK, and Bayleigh's been stuck in Whole Foods for 24 hours (someone should really go help her find the exit). What's next, Kathy finally climbs out of the caramel?

There's so much going on that I have no idea about two of the things you mentioned.

• Love 1
(edited)

Whaaat? No discussion of Andy’s tweet today? I know it’s a goof but still...

Now I am NO fan of Herren’s but I’m quite impressed by how much he “commits,” as they say in the show biz. Maybe he really could have a future playing weasels in film and TV projects.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

There's so much going on that I have no idea about two of the things you mentioned.

Last night Swaggy was doing an IG Live where he claimed that Bayleigh was at Whole Foods and would be home soon (Bayleigh, of course, never showed up because she's supposed to be in sequester). There's been a small rash of memes that Bayleigh has been stuck inside the store for the past day. 

Brett versus Rockstar is listed above on the previous page. (Oh, she went for Jackson, too. Hee!)

Blame Nicole is a new fun meme where she's been responsible for everything shitty that's ever happened in Big Brother (the Photoshop of her face in the Helen Got Pushed comp is amazing) and has been expanded to include any conspiracy theory or crappy thing happening anywhere in the world. BB15's Elissa has been going ham on the Tweeter about Nicole which helped to kick it all off. 

Oh also? Someone's unearthed a bunch of Big Brother fan fiction on Wattpad. Including one where Brett reveals his crush on the reader. And Andy's been sprinkling videos out throughout the day. It's been a wild ride. 

Kathy in the caramel was a trick question. She's gonna be stuck in there so long, it's going to crystallize and turn into amber and they're going to extract DNA from it in 1000 years to create Jurassic Park. She's never getting out of there. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Poor Andy. He is so thirsty. Imagine being a huge BB fan, winning BB, thinking you are set for life only to realize your season was so fucking repugnant no one ever wants to acknowledge its existence. He can live on in the twitter world, but that’s it. 

Still a better season than BB9, though. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Last night Swaggy was doing an IG Live where he claimed that Bayleigh was at Whole Foods and would be home soon (Bayleigh, of course, never showed up because she's supposed to be in sequester). There's been a small rash of memes that Bayleigh has been stuck inside the store for the past day. 

Brett versus Rockstar is listed above on the previous page. (Oh, she went for Jackson, too. Hee!)

Blame Nicole is a new fun meme where she's been responsible for everything shitty that's ever happened in Big Brother (the Photoshop of her face in the Helen Got Pushed comp is amazing) and has been expanded to include any conspiracy theory or crappy thing happening anywhere in the world. BB15's Elissa has been going ham on the Tweeter about Nicole which helped to kick it all off. 

Oh also? Someone's unearthed a bunch of Big Brother fan fiction on Wattpad. Including one where Brett reveals his crush on the reader. And Andy's been sprinkling videos out throughout the day. It's been a wild ride. 

Kathy in the caramel was a trick question. She's gonna be stuck in there so long, it's going to crystallize and turn into amber and they're going to extract DNA from it in 1000 years to create Jurassic Park. She's never getting out of there. 

For the record, it was Bayleigh's neverending trip to Whole Foods and Brett that I hadn't heard about. How did I miss the Brett thing earlier?

I think I'm dumb. Or maybe just happy.

Think I'm just happy.

Just now, Katesus7 said:

Poor Andy. He is so thirsty. Imagine being a huge BB fan, winning BB, thinking you are set for life only to realize your season was so fucking repugnant no one ever wants to acknowledge its existence. He can live on in the twitter world, but that’s it. 

That bar's so low, ants can't limbo under it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Katesus7 said:

Let the record show that there was a BB8 and a BB10 and a wasteland with a whistling breeze and tumbleweed in between those. Like the 13th floor, we just pretend like it never existed. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm not all that excited to see Nicole A back. She won one competition last season, which basically was a pity-win. She'd be an easy goat to drag along again, but if she doesn't DO anything again this season while more compelling people get evicted, I'm going to...be mad about it on the internet.

But if they decide to scare her with the clowns again, I'd be okay with that.

Bayleigh, meh. Kaycee, meh. 

I'm glad to see David back, but wish Ovi was coming back, too. I'd love to see what he, as an incredibly enthusiastic superfan, could do. I would have liked to see Tommy back without Christie.

I would have enjoyed seeing Brett, but he's too busy spending time with his BFF Jackson. They're...weirdly close. I was mindlessly scrolling through Jackson's IG the other day, and noticed that when they were in Vegas together for Jackson's birthday, they shared swim trunks (1st and 3rd photos). Is that a thing guys do? I don't know why, but it struck me so weird.

Now, @Callaphera, I know we don't know each other very well, but if you keep on peppering the thread with hilarious new names for this season I am liable to fall in love. 😍

Edited by dvr devotee
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2020 at 12:03 AM, Alice Mudgarden said:

I'll be the cheese that stands alone in not really liking Kaysar.

I don't find him hateful by any means but he's just so blaaaaaaaah and was weirdly smug about his strategic abilities, which was funny coming from Mr. Revolving Door Evictions.

Nothing wrong with disliking popular players.  I mostly dislike popular players from Survivor (Sandra, Parvati, Tyson, Boston Rob) and like the players people don't like (Coach, Phillip, Angelina).  For the most part I tend to like the popular people on BB and hate the people that everyone hates.

2 hours ago, dvr devotee said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm not all that excited to see Nicole A back. She won one competition last season, which basically was a pity-win. She'd be an easy goat to drag along again, but if she doesn't DO anything again this season while more compelling people get evicted, I'm going to...be mad about it on the internet.

But if they decide to scare her with the clowns again, I'd be okay with that.

Bayleigh, meh. Kaycee, meh. 

I'm glad to see David back, but wish Ovi was coming back, too. I'd love to see what he, as an incredibly enthusiastic superfan, could do. I would have liked to see Tommy back without Christie.

I would have enjoyed seeing Brett, but he's too busy spending time with his BFF Jackson. They're...weirdly close. I was mindlessly scrolling through Jackson's IG the other day, and noticed that when they were in Vegas together for Jackson's birthday, they shared swim trunks (1st and 3rd photos). Is that a thing guys do? I don't know why, but it struck me so weird.

Now, @Callaphera, I know we don't know each other very well, but if you keep on peppering the thread with hilarious new names for this season I am liable to fall in love. 😍

Oh I like Nicole A. and I am glad to see her back.  She was one of the few people I liked.

I wonder why there is no resident "old person".  Is it a covid thing?  Because I am sure Chicken George is probably doing fuck all. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't remember the "I didn't" bit but his " hold that thought" to a haranguing Paul and then just leaving the room is a classic.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I wonder why there is no resident "old person".  Is it a covid thing?  Because I am sure Chicken George is probably doing fuck all. 

This is the oldest mean age Big Brother in many years, so they're collectively this year's "old person."

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Oh I like Nicole A. and I am glad to see her back.  She was one of the few people I liked.

I liked her too but she was how she was because she didn't know that people liked her and she used to have a low self-esteem. How will she behave now that she knows that people like her? I am not sure she will be the same.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, himela said:

I liked her too but she was how she was because she didn't know that people liked her and she used to have a low self-esteem. How will she behave now that she knows that people like her? I am not sure she will be the same.

True, but that might be fun in and of itself, trying to see her wheel and deal and be so bad at it. 🙂

• Love 1