Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, lasu said:

All I definitively remember about [Enzo] is that he referred to himself as Meow Meow.  

...and THIS post effectively demonstrates Primetimer’s egregious lack of a proper eyeroll emoji. 🙄🙄🙄

21 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

On occasion, I'll throw on the jury house segments from S19 just because everything Cody makes me laugh. His perfectly timed "I didn't" was just

tenor.gif

Cody’s “Hold that thought...” will forever hold a special place in my heart. ❤️

18 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I can't stand him, but that jury house segment was amazing. He was so over it, and Paul, lol. Not to mention the absolute beauty of Raven claiming she was the puppet master.

Ah, yes - and who could ever forget that wonderful imagery depicting the subtlety of Raven’s fingerwork as she manipulated those puppet strings...?

Raven_flip.jpg.thumb.JPG.b79302a7406fec924865861975faab4b.JPG

You can take the trash out of the trailer, but you can’t take the trailer out of the trash.... 🤣🤣🤣

14 hours ago, TimWil said:

Whaaat? No discussion of Andy’s tweet today?

Nope!

24 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

The house just tested positive for COVID and is in quarantine. They will have to choose an alternate house.

Why not?  God knows the House has tested positive for about every other communicable disease imaginable over the years - and not just the STDs, even....

• Love 6
15 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I didn't watch the whole thing, but the video they linked to Tyler and Angela's house...OK, I'm jealous.  It's a little bright and modern for me, but it's still lovely, and they have a great pool.

It's gorgeous! They actually seem like a very mature and functional couple. Actually, several of the couples in the clip do. 

I find it hilarious that BB, for all its craziness, has produced so many long term couples, while all the various dating shows haven't produced... any? I don't actually know because I hate dating shows generally and avoid them like the plague, but my sense is that almost no long term couples result from them, despite this being the whole point of the shows. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

It's gorgeous! They actually seem like a very mature and functional couple. Actually, several of the couples in the clip do. 

I find it hilarious that BB, for all its craziness, has produced so many long term couples, while all the various dating shows haven't produced... any? I don't actually know because I hate dating shows generally and avoid them like the plague, but my sense is that almost no long term couples result from them, despite this being the whole point of the shows. 

It's basically the same thing as couples who got together in college and remain together, although probably even better odds, since they're typically older than college students (well, less so in the Grodner years, and you'll find that the younger couples are often the less likely ones to stick together). Spending 24/7 with someone for months and still wanting to be with them is huge. Those BS dating shows are not about that all. 

• Love 3

For me there's a giant black cloud hanging over this season which is probably a hangover from the weird, unfinished feeling I was left with when BBCan was suddenly, shockingly stopped midseason.

Knowing that this could happen to this season of BB means I'm going to watch the whole thing waiting for the other shoe to drop. All the glitches and casting issues so far aren't making me any more confident. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

It's basically the same thing as couples who got together in college and remain together, although probably even better odds, since they're typically older than college students (well, less so in the Grodner years, and you'll find that the younger couples are often the less likely ones to stick together). Spending 24/7 with someone for months and still wanting to be with them is huge. Those BS dating shows are not about that all. 

Plus, in BB you’re going to see someone at their most highly exaggerated degree of worst behavior - so if you can tolerate that, then the rest of your life together will be coasting on the downhill side.  😎

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Plus, in BB you’re going to see someone at their most highly exaggerated degree of worst behavior - so if you can tolerate that, then the rest of your life together will be coasting on the downhill side.  😎

Excellent point. If Bayleigh could love Swaggy based on what she from him in the BB House, then she would be in for the long haul. 

• LOL 2

How much do we have to pay Gronk to do another Taaaaakeoooooover of the house so we can get some damned information? It's not like Raven's mom is gonna get around to suing me any time soon so I can use the whole $3.72 CAD I collected through a GoFundMe to contribute to the new fund. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I mean, they may say that they'll lose interest but let's be real: online Big Brother fans are crack addicts looking for their summer fix and will come running the second the show starts. Sometimes I'm jealous of the broadcast-only fanbase (I kinda hate the name "casuals") - they show up three times a week and they're good. Meanwhile I'm booking appointments and phone calls to happen when the feeds should be down for Veto comps. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, they may say that they'll lose interest but let's be real: online Big Brother fans are crack addicts looking for their summer fix and will come running the second the show starts. 

Ordinarily I’d agree - but this year, not so much.  Everybody has gotten so coronavirus-acclimatized to everything good and fun being cancelled that it’s become a given; one assumes cancellation unless proven otherwise, and that includes BB.  Personally, I’m not believing in this season being “real” (i.e., sustainable) until we’re at least three weeks deep into the live feeds without the show’s ticket getting punched.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Melina22 said:

For me there's a giant black cloud hanging over this season which is probably a hangover from the weird, unfinished feeling I was left with when BBCan was suddenly, shockingly stopped midseason.

Knowing that this could happen to this season of BB means I'm going to watch the whole thing waiting for the other shoe to drop. All the glitches and casting issues so far aren't making me any more confident. 

I never saw an episode the last BBCan (The last full season I saw was when Kevin Martin won, fu copyright laws!) but from what I read about the last season it sounded like it was going to be a train wreck.  Two people kicked, didn't one quit?  It sounded glorious.    

1 hour ago, BK1978 said:

Two people kicked, didn't one quit?  It sounded glorious.    

It had the potential to be glorious, that's for sure. It was such a blow to the cast and audience when they gathered the hamsters up and broke the awful news to them, first of the pandemic, and second, that their game was over. I really, really don't want to go through this again this season with BB. It's like being in the middle of a fascinating movie which just stops halfway through and you're told to leave the theatre. 

I guess it'll make for great suspense at least. 

• Love 4

To be honest I'm not optimistic at the moment that we will even get a season, at least the 85 days they are saying. Maybe they make it OTT or something. Covid is having a second wave at the moment and I'm feeling there will be business lockdowns soon. They surely don't want to experience what happened with BBCan...

12 hours ago, Melina22 said:

It's like being in the middle of a fascinating movie which just stops halfway through and you're told to leave the theatre. 

Yes, it is sort of like a BB version of coitus interruptus. 

• LOL 7

Not to get anyone's hope up or anything but today on Entertainment Tonight, there was supposed to be a "Meet the Houseguests" segment that's now been changed in the guides to be something to do with Big Brother. Maybe a house tour? Maybe it's just Julie pointing and laughing at us? Who knows at this point.

I prefer the idea of a live move in plus they can do another round or two of testing. At this point anyone that was using social media might have gotten their phones taken away for the official sequester week. Wonder if they were told if they are in the initial cast list or alternate or if they all got told they aren’t official yet.

Also wondering if anyone thought to film themselves during quarantine while they had phone access and go on twitter and Reddit to read all the rumors!

• Love 3

I actually love the idea of the reveal happening live. It's quite exciting! I'm really hoping there's one or two surprises and also that Keesha, Memphis, and Kaysar are all on.

Also though, I wish they'd give us a house tour to tide us over.

• Love 3

I'm kinda pumped for a live reveal. I mean, we have a pretty good idea of who might be part of the cast but there could still be some curve balls and it's kinda nice to not know everything before the game starts. It feels like old single digits Big Brother, before I was heavily into the online fandom and watching the feeds through RealPlayer. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm bummed though that there's not another new ep until 1 week after the premiere. I feel pretty sure that means we won't get live feeds for the first week, which sucks.

Do we usually have to wait until the second live episode or do they turn on after HoH, noms, Veto, and Veto ceremony? I swear I have amnesia about this shit between seasons until the game actually starts.

(edited)

During Paul's second season, I made a quick trip to Las Vegas to the Hard Rock to see my newly favorite band for the first time, who were headlining the first night of a psychedelic music festival. At one point, I thought I saw Paul a few feet away at the bar. There was a guy who looked exactly like him and of course, it was totally the kind of event I could see him attending. Then I remembered Big Brother was in real time and he was still in the house, and all was right in my world again!

Man, I NEED my summer crack more than anything. Between my Mom's death last fall, major health problems this year, getting furloughed (thankfully, I was brought back a month later), and legal attacks over the trust of my mom's predeceased partner from her bitch daughters with whom I'm now co-trustees, and going through the pandemic solo, I am SO fucking ready for 24/7 BB crack fixes. I'm already getting so many needed laughs from the likes of Nashville, Peachmangosteen, and Callaphera, et al., and have rabid anticipation for another season of hysterical live feed reports!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

During Paul's second season, I made a quick trip to Las Vegas to the Hard Rock to see my newly favorite band for the first time, who were headlining the first night of a psychedelic music festival. At one point, I thought I saw Paul a few feet away at the bar. There was a guy who looked exactly like him and of course, it was totally the kind of event I could see him attending. Then I remembered Big Brother was in real time and he was still in the house, and all was right in my world again!

Oddly enough I had a similar Paul experience.  Mine happened between seasons 18 and 19, actually about a week before 19 came on the air.  I was at a pro wrestling show in Massachusetts and me and my buddy saw this guy who we both swore was Paul.  He even had a tacky Hawaiian shirt on.  However, upon getting a better look at the guy we both realized it was not him.  Though I remember thinking, "I wonder what happened to Paul."  Sadly enough we found out a week later.

Seeing your post makes me wonder if there is some sort of secret Paul clone army out there.  It would explain why Paul was half way decent on his first season and a total asshole during his second.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

tumblr_m3goy5aumT1qagjt8.gif

LOL, I went and added an "et al." I wasn't up to going back through the five new pages I'd just finished to make a list. Anyone who got a Laugh vote tonight cracked me up!

• LOL 1
(edited)

By the way, I saw this earlier and fucking howled. Like, I was legit crying while doing loon calls and the husband had to come and check on me. The mental images were just amazing.

So Britney Haynes did a Cameo for someone I don't know when but it showed up on r/BigBrother today. Happy 18th birthday to whoever was the recipient. And after the initial well wishes, Britney launches into her favourite Big Brother story which, of course, is Kathy in the caramel (Youtube video should start at 57 seconds in, which is the comp in question although the entire video is worth a watch). But it turns out it gets better. Because there's more that happened after the comp was done when they all - well, all but one of them - went back into the house to clean off. 

The Conclusion and Part Two of Kathy versus the caramel in which the caramel wins againhere

ETA: I added the reddit link to make it a little more... social media-ish? Plus the Cameo is kinda like an IG video so I figured this could kinda bend the definition in an attempt to lessen the blow of having to wait until Wednesday to get the official cast list.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

By the way, I saw this earlier and fucking howled. Like, I was legit crying while doing loon calls and the husband had to come and check on me. The mental images were just amazing.

So Britney Haynes did a Cameo for someone I don't know when but it showed up on r/BigBrother today. Happy 18th birthday to whoever was the recipient. And after the initial well wishes, Britney launches into her favourite Big Brother story which, of course, is Kathy in the caramel (Youtube video should start at 57 seconds in, which is the comp in question although the entire video is worth a watch). But it turns out it gets better. Because there's more that happened after the comp was done when they all - well, all but one of them - went back into the house to clean off. 

The Conclusion and Part Two of Kathy versus the caramel in which the caramel wins againhere

ETA: I added the reddit link to make it a little more... social media-ish? Plus the Cameo is kinda like an IG video so I figured this could kinda bend the definition in an attempt to lessen the blow of having to wait until Wednesday to get the official cast list.

I love Britney and consider her my BB spirit animal. I don't think I've related to a contestant more in (almost) 22 seasons.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I was legit crying while doing loon calls and the husband had to come and check on me. The mental images were just amazing.

"Goodbye! Goodbye, turkey sandwich!" 😂😂

That was just hilarious. What a great way to start my day. Thank you. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Thank you for this. Nothing starts a Friday quite like a good hard cackle, alone in my living room. Part two of that story is PRICELESS. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Do we usually have to wait until the second live episode or do they turn on after HoH, noms, Veto, and Veto ceremony? I swear I have amnesia about this shit between seasons until the game actually starts.

Lately there's been 2 ep premieres, so 1 on Wednesday and 1 on Thursday, and we get the live feeds after the 2nd ep airs on Thursday. Since we don't even get a 2nd ep until a week after the premiere, I'm assuming we won't get feeds until then. We usually miss the first week of feeds normally as well, so it just makes sense. I really hope they put feeds up that first night though.

• Love 2

OMG, both of those clips were hilarious. Too bad that second round of Kathy in the caramel was never shown. I might have been tempted to leave her there. 

And Britney...lol. "Oh, you're going to take your time on this one? Cause this isn't a race or anything"

I could *feel* the impatience of all the other contestants in that clip. So painful lol.

• Love 4

I think this is a clever way to deal with the restrictions. Give us a live house entering, mixed with lots of packages about the former contestants, that takes up two hours EASILY. 

Then you make us wait until the next week for new episodes, so probably means no feeds for, like, a week. Then Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday, I guess? I think that that all makes sense.

• Love 2
(edited)

Years ago I went for a hike in the Redwoods on a very sparsely traveled trail. I never saw anyone else the whole time I was out there. My mother had dropped me off at the trailhead but not long after I was on it it, it abruptly ended even though it was supposed to be a straight shot to the parking area about four miles away where my mother was going to be waiting for the few hours it would take me. I could have just walked the short distance back to the road and gotten a ride to where my mother was but from the map board at the trailhead I knew there was a parallel trail on the other side that had a crossing at the end to the parking area where my mom was and I really wanted to continue hiking. I found a shallower place to cross the stream and got on the other one. Was having a great time--even went barefoot for a while!--not really thinking about how long four miles was. With the stream to my left I was fully aware of my direction. However, at one point the trail start heading completely away from it and I realized that I'd be out there a lot longer than was safe, most likely after dark. Unlike the one I'd started out on, this trail wasn't the straight shot like I'd thought it was and I didn't know how far it was going to veer off from the stream in that different direction before it doubled back. My mom didn't know that I was on a completely different trail to send rescue to if I didn't show up in a few hours. I stupidly didn't have any water with me as the hike had been spur of the moment. I'm strict about never going off trail but I did this time. I think it took almost an hour to fight through brush and climb over logs and crap to reach the stream, which at that part had significantly widened and resembled a small river. There was a deer standing in the water drinking and I did, too, at that point. I was so thirsty! It was a struggle to cross but luckily it never got too deep. On the other side, there were more nature obstacles to fight my way through to get to the road where I planned to flag down someone. There were very few vehicles going by, though. Then I saw that the final stretch to get to the road was a steep climb. It was at that point that I discovered I had absolutely no strength! After the couple of hours of trailblazing my muscles were shot and my arms and legs were too weak for the task of pulling and pushing my way up. It was the freakiest thing and so scary! I was so close but was now stuck at the bottom. Somehow I eventually managed to start but it went very slowly and took quite a while. When I finally reached the road a fire truck was going by (not on an emergency) and they gave me a ride to where my mother was, who had just started to really worry about me. However, once she saw that I was safe she couldn't understand why I was sobbing because she said that I hadn't gotten lost, knew exactly which way I had needed to head and had done what I needed to do. My mom had been an outdoors woman for years before getting post-polio syndrome, so she wasn't at all as freaked out as I was! I didn't get into hiking until my 40s so we never got to enjoy it together. 😞

I tell this long-ass story because every time I see that bit with Kathy it makes me think of that time and even though she wasn't in the caramel even a fraction of the amount of time I was being Mother Nature's bitch, I can't help but wonder if the same thing had happened to her muscles because that's what it looks like to me.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 6

EW Interview with Grodner

From the link: "There are a couple of things that we've had to do a little differently with some of the background designs and speaking for the competitions due to the amount of bodies that can be in the yard at one time. So that's something that we hope people don't notice, that you understand that it ultimately is part of the show and you embrace it. But that's the only thing that really we had to think through is, how do we deal with that? You know, we transform that yard every single time we go out there, and I think you're going to notice that maybe we've come up with a creative solution for that.

So when you say that, because I know some of these competitions you build are massive in this space. And I have to imagine you have to construct them relatively quickly cause the backyard's off-limits to contestants. So you probably have an army of people in a normal circumstance create these massive builds. Are we going to see sort of a scaled-down version of that? Is that what you're alluding to?

I can't give it away completely. It's not necessarily scaled down. I don't want anyone to think that they're not going to see our Big Brother competitions, but in terms of the transformations that we're doing, we've come up with a creative solution where maybe the Big Brother yard is its own world. This season is going to be a little bit different."

Thoughts???

I don't understand what Grodner is saying lol.

7 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Then you make us wait until the next week for new episodes, so probably means no feeds for, like, a week. Then Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday, I guess? I think that that all makes sense.

It's still gonna be Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday eps like usual, although this season they're all airing at 8 et. (Minus the premiere, which is at 9 et.)

• Love 4

From the article:

Of course, even outside of the COVID-19 concerns, this is no ordinary installment of the program, as Big Brother: All-Stars will mark only the second time the show has brought back a cast of all returning players. That combination of coronavirus precautions and a celebrated cast of seasoned veterans means that more than ever, viewers truly should expect the unexpected. “We're really looking at throwing a lot of new twists and turns at these houseguests because they're all-stars and expect things like that,” says Grodner. “The house is built in such a way that there are nods to the past and potentially some rooms here and there that that could hold some secrets and powers and twists to the game.”

WHOOO'S READY FOR A TAAAAAKEOOOOVER? Fan favourite Battle of the Block. Camp Not Like Us Comeback. Team America (Fuck yeah!). Pendant of Ass Protection. Did I forget any? I expect all of the above, just with fun new names. "It's not the Saboteur. It's... the Mole! Wait, does ABC still own the rights to that?"

(Obligatory Cootie Taw chant here but) Poor Janie is going to go in the house, see a big button in the DR, and they're going to find her rocking in the corner doing her best Paul-losing-twice impression: "Not again. Not again."

Speculation due to how they talk about the amount of bodies in the backyard for comps and the talk of a "brand new house" (is it? Or is it just new paint slapped on the old boards?): teams will come into play somehow. And I expect a lot of individual timed comps. I hope I'm wrong about both of those, though. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

WHOOO'S READY FOR A TAAAAAKEOOOOVER? Fan favourite Battle of the Block. Camp Not Like Us Comeback. Team America (Fuck yeah!). Pendant of Ass Protection. Did I forget any?

Round trip ticket (complete with envelopes that totally can't be tampered with to ensure the desired outcome).  Project DNA (Don't Need Ants--In a never-before-seen comp, it's the House Guests vs. Ants for control of the house.   Spoiler Alert:  The ants win).   Secret Pairs (so secret even Production doesn't know who they are because they all paired up during pre-gaming).   The Hacker (a COVID scare has everyone phlegmy and talking like the Baroness from GI Joe).   BB Roadkill (what the HGs will be eating because the local meat processing facility is temporarily closed--everyone vies for slop!).  And course Friendship Bracelets  (Friendship!), meant to protect 87% of the cast in the first 3 evictions but some PA Intern misreads it as Fiendship Bracelets and invites back Ivette, Maggie and Cappy resulting in the first and biggest twist fizzle of the season.  

The CW is airing a show from the UK based on summer camp called Killer Camp where the killer is one of the contestants (a la The Mole) and the eliminated player is gruesomely murdered each week.   Maybe that will be this season's twist:  BB22:  Death Before Eviction.   

Edited by Maverick
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

HALTING HEX RISE

EVICTION NIGHT DIES

Ugh. Not so much to the Halting Hex but the memory of it also brings back the memories of Jessica's tragic extensions and traction alopecia. 

I just want sand in the bathroom. Is that too much to ask? Put whatever shitty twist you want in the game, I JUST WANT THE SANDBOX THAT YOU PROMISED ME AND THE ANTS ALL THAT TIME AGO. 

#neverforget
Bathroom.jpg

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 3

Yeeeah, you know, it's one thing to trash talk and have a not-so-friendly rivalry and to keep the rabid fandom entertained while we're still in the sequester phase but accusing someone of being a rapist and threatening to revenge porn that same person is not a good look. Maybe Rockstar should go back to tying up her hair with dirty shopping bags. Or maybe just stop letting Brett live in your head rent free. That might be an idea, too. Just block and ignore, like I (don't) do to my ex-boyfriends. (Don't judge, I like to enjoy a fine glass of wine while cackling about their lives going up in flames and I'm over here quietly living my life YOU SAID NO ONE WOULD EVER LOVE ME AGAIN BUT I'M NOT ON MY THIRD MARRIAGE IN SEVEN YEARS, ASSHOLE ahem.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Yeeeah, you know, it's one thing to trash talk and have a not-so-friendly rivalry and to keep the rabid fandom entertained while we're still in the sequester phase but accusing someone of being a rapist and threatening to revenge porn that same person is not a good look. Maybe Rockstar should go back to tying up her hair with dirty shopping bags. Or maybe just stop letting Brett live in your head rent free. That might be an idea, too. Just block and ignore, like I (don't) do to my ex-boyfriends. (Don't judge, I like to enjoy a fine glass of wine while cackling about their lives going up in flames and I'm over here quietly living my life YOU SAID NO ONE WOULD EVER LOVE ME AGAIN BUT I'M NOT ON MY THIRD MARRIAGE IN SEVEN YEARS, ASSHOLE ahem.)

Let it out, Twinnie. You just let it aaaaaaall out.

• LOL 2