Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

I really don't Wil as a person but his impersonations are always on-point. He actually somehow manages to look like each one of the different contestants - somehow he physically captures each one's essence. His impersonation of Dan was off the charts amazing. And his Julie is always on-point.

Yeah, nothing will ever beat Wil's Dan impersonation.

He's also really good at adjusting the impressions as we got to know the housequests- he played Elissa like a mini-Rachel, but later on improved the impression and had her acting like she was on a massive amount of Xanax.

I like that he's having fun with Caleb being a crazypants psycho. And the way he's doing Donny's confessionals are just fucking hilarious- the soft, effeminate Southern voice and the downcast, modest expressions? Just hilarious.

Wil Heuser's doing his BB parodies again. He always has at least one character that he just nails, and this year it's Donny.

Seriously, why couldn't we have gotten THIS Wil in season 14 instead of the apathetic "couldn't give a shit" guy who just played with his hair extensions we got?

I was just coming to post about these! I think they're hilarious and agree he does a great job. I've been singing this song in my sleep all night. Whenever I wake up I'm singing the chorus in my head haha.

(edited)

TMZ reports on Frank, Frankie and Ariana.  Their headline, Ariana Grande Hides Grandfather's Death from Brother Frankie, spins it as very uncomplimentary to Ariana, even though the actual report does go into detail that it seems to have been at Grandpa Frank's request.  Low blow, TMZ.

From feed spoilers,

it seems that some decision was made to tell Frankie anyway (and Ariana certainly had to be part of that since there was a letter to him from his family telling him to stay in the house and why)--at the point this is being posted he's known for several hours.

Edited by Kromm

Regarding the video above, it was OK, but I think it would have been better if the blond guy wasn't drunk.  I think I've heard he does these videos a lot.  Is he always drunk to the point of vomiting and passing out?

(edited)
Is he always drunk to the point of vomiting and passing out?

No, he isn't. I started watching these when he was doing them last season. He usually just does the reenactment part; the drunk narration is something new. This season's houseguest are so boring that I suppose he's having a hard time coming up with funny skits with them and decided to try this different twist. I hope it was just a one-time thing because IMO it's a really poor rip off of/homage to Drunk History. In fact, at one point he pretty blatantly copied one of Lisa Bonet's moments in the San Francisco episode of Drunk History.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

No, he isn't. I started watching these when he was doing them last season. He usually just does the reenactment part; the drunk narration is something new. This season's houseguest are so boring that I suppose he's having a hard time coming up with funny skits with them and decided to try this different twist. I hope was just a one-time thing because IMO it's a really poor rip off of/homage to Drunk History.

I got the impression this particular episode started out as a bunch of drunks goofing around with the video camera - then when Wil watched it sober the next day, he decided to run with it.

(edited)

I got the impression this particular episode started out as a bunch of drunks goofing around with the video camera - then when Wil watched it sober the next day, he decided to run with it.

Could be. However, I also watch Drunk History and there are several rather direct parallels, including the staging and some of the dialogue used by the people off camera. It seemed too on the nose to me to have just happened but of course I could be wrong. Maybe he's counting on most of his audience not being familiar with the show he might be copying but on YouTube several commenters mentioned Drunk History.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
(edited)

I thought it was an intentional copy of Drunk History. I found it pretty hilarious. But hey, to each his own. :-)

It's probably better if you've seen the previous ones though.

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 2
(edited)

I personally like that Wil is pretty experimental with his BB parodies. He's not like most YouTube personalities, who do the same video over and over again. Sometimes it falls flat, sometimes it works, and I thought this particular episode was on the "works" side.

Edited by methodwriter85
(edited)

I'm firmly convinced that Jessie (AKA "Mr Pec-tacular" [sNORT]) remains one of (if not THE most) douchey contestants in BB history.

I dare any of you to watch this and NOT laugh out loud..  (I'm shocked that that two hosts didn't ask for lapdances the way they fawned over him!)

Edited by ShadowDenizen

CBS just showed a commercial for the show featuring the "Beast-Mode Cowboy" bragging about himself, followed by the footage of him in the bathroom touching up his mascara.  It's really funny!

Oh GOD I'm sorry I missed that. Is it online anywhere?

Yes, I enjoyed this part especially:

And the fellas aren’t doing a very good job of hiding their weird sexism — 4 out of 5 evictees thus far were women, and Caleb’s vindictive ousting of the uninterested Amber (or, as the show called it, a “nomance”), was downright gross.

And may we never hear Cable’s oft-repeated description of himself, “beast mode cowboy,” uttered again.

"Weird sexism" is a great way to describe it. 

I was just about to link to that article in today's NYPost as well. The season is a total bore because the show depends on and thrives on the conflicts in harsh verbal "fights." 

This season is a coasting to a finish line with no real drama or explosions worth even discussing. 

Aaryn from last season (I don't think I needed to write that last part, we all know who Aaryn is) is engaged. I can't believe the guy is actually kind of cute and gave her a rock. She's had like 5 boyfriends since being out, I think she just started dating this one.  Her fans are all, "congratulations, you deserve it!" She deserves what, exactly? Like she's gone through years and years of divorce and hardships and had to really struggle on her own?  All she's done her whole life is have things handed to her (her dad died, she inherited his ranch) and been nasty to people.

Edited by ShaNaeNae

Aaryn from last season (I don't think I needed to write that last part, we all know who Aaryn is) is engaged. I can't believe the guy is actually kind of cute and gave her a rock. She's had like 5 boyfriends since being out, I think she just started dating this one.  Her fans are all, "congratulations, you deserve it!" She deserves what, exactly? Like she's gone through years and years of divorce and hardships and had to really struggle on her own.  All she's done her whole life is have things handed to her (her dad died, she inherited his ranch) and been nasty to people.

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors

But I think that God's got a sick sense of humor....

• Love 1

All she's done her whole life is have things handed to her (her dad died, she inherited his ranch) and been nasty to people.

I always tell myself that karma has to eventually hit Aaryn, because eventually Father Time will work his magic and she won't be a cute young blonde thing for the rest of her life. It's probably for the best she nail down a guy now while her looks are enough to off-set (for a shallow guy) her horrendous personality.

• Love 1

Because of this thread, I started watching Wil's BB paraodies, and some of them are hysterical.  Plus, the musical ones are pretty funny and creative.

I don't really find Wil attractive.  And I don't really find Caleb attractive.  But I do find Wil dressed up as Caleb attractive.  Wil, call me!  But only if you're dressed up as Caleb.

Edited by MrHufflepuff

Do any of you listen to Rob C.'s Big Brother podcasts?  I do, because I like the people he has on, and because I like hearing some of the discussion.  But I am consistently annoyed by two things:

1) I'm not sure that Rob really understands strategy.  I felt the same when listening to his Survivor podcasts.  He seems to miss a lot of what happens, or to just really misinterpret it.  I don't think this is me thinking I'm better than him - frequently, I am surprised by and impressed by the analysis I read on these boards, and he never comes anywhere near that level of really understanding the game.  It's annoying, because I think that a guy who is making his living talking about reality shows should actually understand reality shows.

2) He is sexist.  He never mentions a woman without mentioning her physical appearance.  He does talk about how men look as well, but it's either in a "what is he wearing?" kind of way, or in a way that seems to be mocking gay men.  Generally, his comments about women are about them needing to ride mens' coattails or using sex as a weapon or whatnot.  

I hate that he is this way.  I really do enjoy hearing people like Ian talk about the current season and the game in general, but some of the stuff Rob C. says is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  So, just wondering if any of y'all had any thoughts about it.  

I listen to Rob's podcast. I never noticed the sexist comments before that you pointed out, I will definitely be on the look out. In the past, he has been pretty complimentary to Danielle Reyes, Jun and even Maggies game at times. I know he made fun of Andy's clothes a lot last season. His Spencer podcast was one of the worst ones I have listened it is clear Spencer has no inkling about strategy and it really showed.

Rob relies on Brian's recaps of the feeds and the opinions of the guests.  He is a host directing the conversation.  I don't believe that he pretends to understand BB strategy in the way that he understands Survivor strategy.

I don't really find Wil attractive.  And I don't really find Caleb attractive.  But I do find Wil dressed up as Caleb attractive.  Wil, call me!  But only if you're dressed up as Caleb.

Wow, I totally thought that as well- Wil dressed up as Caleb is pretty hot! I generally think Wil would look so much more attractive without the Fabio hair. His face doesn't really suit long hair.

I'm glad Wil got out at least one good shot at Nicole considering she's very likely to go. "Oh my god, Zach, this might sound bad, but there's only two froot loops in this house, and you're one of them!"

Seriously though, Nicole will say all these bitchy things but try and preface it with something, "Umm, I hope this doesn't sound bad, but..."

Edited by methodwriter85

Dick Donato is tweeting for everyone to watch him on "Couples Therapy" next month on MTV.  Why in the hell is this asshole on "Couples Therapy" when he's not even in a relationship?  Are they that desperate that they have to bring trash like him on their show?

Also, he keeps talking about BB production favoring certain houseguests to help them win the game.  He's a fine one to talk since his win was courtesy of production. Anyone remember Eric Stein having to save him, at the expense of his own game? 

• Love 3

Dick Donato is tweeting for everyone to watch him on "Couples Therapy" next month on MTV.  Why in the hell is this asshole on "Couples Therapy" when he's not even in a relationship?  Are they that desperate that they have to bring trash like him on their show? 

He's been teasing that he reveals on this show why he left BB13, meaning that it's a fair bet that his partner in the "couples therapy" has something to do with it.

• Love 1

I applaud Wil's efforts at parody but goes over the top and misses funny, for me.  Sometimes he gets it right and I will have a chuckle but that is about it.   

His makeup for Julie is way off.  She contours her face with browns and her movements are subtle and very conservative.  Why not overdo that part of it?

The characters seem to be all the same in many ways, too.  Every HG does not smack of drag queen yet he plays it that way.  I get why, it is his style, just doesn't work if you are trying to represent a real personality.    

Edited by wings707

I just made this and posted it on Jokers. Let me know what you think. 

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=BBMedia&Number=22579029&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=31&rc=&fpart=1

It doesn't look like I'm making fun of him does it? Because it's supposed to be to support him (but now I'm worried it may be taken the wrong way). TreeBeard in LOTR is very wise, and I started thinking about how much they were alike (also - the beard).

Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 6

I just made this and posted it on Jokers. Let me know what you think. 

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=BBMedia&Number=22579029&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=31&rc=&fpart=1

It doesn't look like I'm making fun of him does it? Because it's supposed to be to support him (but now I'm worried it may be taken the wrong way). TreeBeard in LOTR is very wise, and I started thinking about how much they were alike (also - the beard).

I saw that earlier today and no, it is not making fun of him at all.  It states his sad position and very true. 

• Love 2