Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Planning For The Future

• Start Topic

With only three weeks left until final decisions, Pastor Cal challenges the couples to begin planning their long-term futures together; things get heated when one spouse refuses to give up his bachelor lifestyle in order to focus on his marriage.

7 minutes ago, kira28 said:

Ten years later he is still single never married doesn't have a girlfriend. Lives alone with some cats. No kids. This will be Ryan. 

But the question is, "is he happier that way?"  It doesn't sound like the guy you were with was bad, unless he cheated, it's just that you wanted different things.  Maybe he felt he'd lose himself or something.  It's not that Ryan will NEVER have a relationship, just not with a woman who wants him with her when she's sick. 

I think Ryan wants the idea of marriage but not marriage itself.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8

Jaclyn is appearing desperate.  Ryan is so obnoxious, I wanted to SMACK that motormouth of his.  Can't she see it, or is she stupid?

What's with Molly all of a sudden with the mixed signals?  Jon had nothing to say about anything .. He's embarrassed.

I like Jepthe the best.  He makes sense.  Shawnice has to calm down a bit.

• Love 6

Jaclyn seems like a kind and decent person.  If something is bothering Ryan, I wish he would tell her to her face instead of talking disparagingly about her with anyone willing to listen.  Newsflash asshat, she is way out of your league.  

I felt sorry for Jon.  Rather than look foolish, he has decided to take a vow of silence.  

I hope Jep isn't giving Shawniece false hope.  

• Love 17

Asshat is so busy babbling over Jackie like a spoiled child, he didn't hear what she really said.  She meant she wants to travel BEFORE the kids come.  Yeah .. Like she would leave the kids with him.  He'd probably take the kids to the bar.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Asshat is so busy babbling over Jackie like a spoiled child, he didn't hear what she really said.  She meant she wants to travel BEFORE the kids come.  Yeah .. Like she would leave the kids with him.  He'd probably take the kids to the bar.

Either that or he'd call a baby sitter before he meets his bros at the bar.

• Love 9

I certainly hope any woman who's interested in Ryan in the future watches this episode. (I'm assuming poor Jackie will have some sense and walk away)

Is anyone else bothered when Ryan speaks like a seven year old little boy?

"When me and Jackie got married" and so on. I'm not a formal person, but his use of proper vocabulary is pitiful.

I think Ryan's hiding a scared, wimpy personality beneath that firefighter/construction worker, beer drinking exterior.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

During the macaroni dinner Ryan was seeing red and he couldn’t hear what Jackie was saying because of the blood rushing through his head so he made the fighting comment.

That is a bonehead comment a person makes when they aren’t listening and they are losing their poise in an argument.

Ryan purses his lips when he is reaching his boiling point, dude is incapable of listening.

The show is exposing Ryan as insensitive, selfish,thoughtless,controlling, stubborn,egotistical,  a out of touch Neanderthal (I’ve never been submissive...Ryan, try it, you may like someone smarter than you driving the bus) who has little regard for a woman who is trying to find reasons to love him.

Ryan cannot and will not stand for his wife or anyone confronting or defying him...two giant red flags waving back and forth.

Jackie, follow the signs to the nearest exit.....

Asshat is a f...king lunatic.

• Love 7

Run, Jaclyn, run.  Run as fast as you can, and as far away from Ryan as you can.   You deserve better than what Ryan is willing to offer, which is didly.  

Ryan is an ass; that is all.  Good night.  

• Love 20

I'm pretty excited to see John and Molly getting closer. They really do seem like they're perfect for each other. I think if she gave in and got intimate with John she would be able to fall even faster for him!

As for Ryan and Jackie.  I knew he was a phony from day one with his corney lines that he tried to use to seem smooth. Saw right through that! He's a selfish jerk. I love my husband more than life itself and never thought I could ever love someone so much but if he acted that way even I'd leave. She's way too good for him!

• Love 8

Ryan will blame the editing.

Jackie’s “gypsy spirit” made me distrust her.....

The ghost of her dead ex was too hard to compete with...

His apologies to Jackie are disingenuous and laughable...so full of shit.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 12

Thinking Ryan is a mean drunk and he admits he needs to blow off steam probably bashing Jackie with his friends who “get” him...

Another big red flag waving at you, Jackie...

The tease has Ryan’s mom toasting with champagne... not so fast...you are about to be the sole Mrs. Buckley again when Jackie jumps out of the moving car to get away from your son...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 15

Ryan has been a thorn this season; haven't seen this yet & will keep all hard objects away to keep my TV intact. 

The 'experts' paired Jaclyn with a bumbling verbal idiot, selfish man-child. She needs to give him the boot come decision day - a spiky one right up his nasty ass.

While she's at it each 'expert' can bend over too.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Ryan has been a thorn this season; haven't seen this yet & will keep all hard objects away to keep my TV intact. 

The 'experts' paired Jaclyn with a bumbling verbal idiot, selfish man-child. She needs to give him the boot come decision day - a spiky one right up his nasty ass.

While she's at it each 'expert' can bend over too.

Seriously! How on earth did the experts let Ryan slip through? It’s painfully obvious that he doesn’t want to make room in his life for a wife nor does he want to change a thing. He was not ready for marriage at all. Bad job, experts!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Asshat is so busy babbling over Jackie like a spoiled child, he didn't hear what she really said.  She meant she wants to travel BEFORE the kids come.  

He's using the travel thing as an excuse. He wants out. He knows damn good and well what she meant.  I only hope Jaclyn leaves first. 

At the dinner with the guys and the pastor while Ryan was bitching and running his mouth constantly,  I was watching Jon. He sat there so cool and calm just shaking his head from side to side. I LOVE JON. He belongs with Jaclyn. How did these idiot coaches get it so wrong?

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 16

When Ryan was complaining how Jackie’ gypsy spirit makes her want to pull tent and live in another country for a few years...you could see the thought cloud over Jon’s head...I would love to have a wife who would be adventurous and want to live in another country...and have sex with me from day 1 of our marriage....

Did anyone else see the wave of envy in Jon’s face?

• Love 19

Can we please just put Jackie and Jon together now and call it a damn day on this season already??? Put them all out if their misery! 

Actually while we’re at it, let’s try Molly and Ryan together and see how fast she runs back to Jon begging him to get her away from crazy ass Ryan! 

Edited by valdawn
  • Love 11

Jon has to bang Molly once to prove to himself that it was the worst sex he’s ever had to wait for and so he can live with himself, move forward in life and say...literally and figuratively...

He came (hey now), he saw and he conquered....

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Ryan can't be married to Jaclyn ..  He's already married to the Fire Dept., his buddies and his drinking and his hobbies. No room for a wife.

Ryan will end up married to his hand. No one else will want him.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Wow Ryan is an idiot.

I wonder if Cal is pissed at Ryan for clearly 'lying' on his application. I am POSITIVE he wrote down that he loves to travel, but now he's looking to point at travel as the reason his marriage is no good. I echo Pityfree - What an idiot! The first week he was talking the talk about compromise, making sure the wife was happy, keeping the love alive. I also remember back than thinking B.S. He talks and talks and says nothing but I, I, I, and Me, Me, Me.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Belittling someone’s feelings is a huge danger sign.

Good observation - He's emotionally abusive.

• Love 12

Jackie gives Ryan far too much credit. She's always looking for a glimmer of decency in him to justify the 'experts' decision. I have to ask viewers... did anyone else think, Meh when they saw Ryan as Jackie's match? I saw nothing in him, and when he was picking out a ring I had to chuckle because appearances are clearly everything to him. The man has yet to critically look in a mirror, though.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Jackie gives Ryan far too much credit. She's always looking for a glimmer of decency in him to justify the 'experts' decision. I have to ask viewers... did anyone else think, Meh when they saw Ryan as Jackie's match? I saw nothing in him, and when he was picking out a ring I had to chuckle because appearances are clearly everything to him. The man has yet to critically look in a mirror, though.

In the honeymoon episode, Jackie said to the other women that she wasn't that attracted to Ryan when she saw him at the altar. He's definitely a different type than her late boyfriend who had dark features. 

I think it was hilarious that Ryan was complaining that Jaclyn might ditch their children to go travel. Is this marriage even going to last enough to produce children? Why would they pair someone who wants to travel with someone who never wants to live somewhere other than Boston? Jonathan would have been a better match with Jackie given both their wonderlust. 

Anyone else catch Ryan telling the other guys telling that Jaclyn was giving him attitude about going out and leaving out the part that she was sick and wanted him to stay home? 

Funny that Ryan told Jaclyn she was his #1 priority. I feel like a more accurate ranking would be: 

#1: Ryan 

#2: his drinking buddies

#3 his firefighting career 

#4 paintballing

#5 Jaclyn

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

But the question is, "is he happier that way?"  It doesn't sound like the guy you were with was bad, unless he cheated, it's just that you wanted different things.  Maybe he felt he'd lose himself or something.  It's not that Ryan will NEVER have a relationship, just not with a woman who wants him with her when she's sick. 

I think Ryan wants the idea of marriage but not marriage itself.

I don't think he's happier. I think he just doesn't want to exert the energy a, relationship requires. I think most women want a man to spend some time with them. Most do not want to stay home and play wifey while their man makes everything else but them a priority. The guy I dated was emotionally abusive but people thought he was a good guy because he was a hard worker. Seeing Someone you live with or are married to twice a month at most is not my idea of a good relationship especially since it's not long distance and no one travels for work. The problem with my guy was he was alot like Ryan. Claimed he wanted a family, to get married etc. But didnt want to invest any time in the relationship. I used to hang out with my friends all the time and was independent and did my own thing. But it was very lonely . I can picture Ryan either getting angry and lashing out at her or crying because he misses his drinking buddies so much if he an Jackie were to talk a vacation. My ex actually cried during a beach vacation because he missed work and felt he should be home working. Lol.  I can't imagine how Jackie feels after losing her fiance. She was probably very lonely and now she has a husband who basically abandons her. Ryan is an ass who definately doesn't deserve jackie

Edited by kira28
  • Love 10

Back from the power loss and cable loss from the last storm just in time to see Cal call out big time the flaming ass that is Ryan.  I thrive.  Loved when he said that Ryan is afraid.  He's afraid to compete with the deceased boyfriend because he's a loser, he's afraid her Gypsy soul will be in Tibet while he's home with the kids, he's afraid that spouting Hallmark verses isn't going to keep her and he's afraid envisioning a lifetime of compromise when it's her job to accept him as he is.  Dude couldn't be a bigger ass.  The amusing thing is that this delusional dork seems to view himself as a Real Man.  It gave me life when he was babbling his self righteous speech about what he wouldn't accept while Cal dropped a bomb a minute on him and the other two were laughing at him.  Too funny that he needed a drink and another table for two when he got home.  There is no hope for this turd.  One can only hope that she gets that.   

• Love 16

Last night’s episode exposed Ryan for who he is ...an angry guy in arrested adolescence that has built a life where he doesn’t have to answer to anyone...

Think he is genuinely flomoxxed why should adding a wife change anything he wants to do if he pays the bills and brings home the occasional grocery store bouquet and Hallmark card.

You could see him seething when Cal and the grooms were laughing at his lack of insight with his submission admission and when Jackie called him out that he is a husband fail.

Producers need to bring the wise sage, Jephte Whisperer...Antonio...Tony...to replace the useless experts associated with the show currently.

• Love 17

What is it with guys named Ryan on this show? Every one of them has been a complete, unmitigated ass.

9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He's using the travel thing as an excuse. He wants out. He knows damn good and well what she meant.  I only hope Jaclyn leaves first. 

At the dinner with the guys and the pastor while Ryan was bitching and running his mouth constantly,  I was watching Jon. He sat there so cool and calm just shaking his head from side to side. I LOVE JON. He belongs with Jaclyn. How did these idiot coaches get it so wrong?

Ryan is borrowing trouble to the nth degree. And his terror that she'll leave him alone and go off gallivanting is hilariously off the mark. HE'S the one who wants his space and the time to do exactly what he wants. Even the specter of a mate who has her own wants and needs sends him spinning off into the stratosphere! Because there can't be two people in the marriage with desires and ambitions! That is strictly Ryan Territory. His wife should be content to stay home and make him a sandwich, on demand.

And I agree with @MJS, belittling Jaclyn's feelings is a huge red flag. He's trying to deflect the attention from himself. Not very well, either. He's flailing. It would be amusing, except poor Jackie is being dragged over the coals. He's acting like a kid "You're not the boss of me!"

29 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Both Jephte and Jon's reactions during Ryan's drunken rant were hilarious. Jephte was looking like "WTF?" the entire time. And when Ryan was like "I've never been submissive in the bedroom" Jephte was like "NO ONE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BEDROOM, MY DUDE." 

I agree. He doesn't have time to date and he doesn't want to make time. Ryan wants to be married because he wants to say he's married, but he doesn't want to be in a real marriage where you compromise and take other peoples' feelings into account. You can't get married and act like you're still single. If he's going out every night, why is he in a relationship? Like, for what? Regular sex? You can go on Tinder for that.

Jephte and Shawniece's scene on the porch was so cute. When she said she wanted to travel and he was like "ooh, where do you want to go?" I thought that was adorable. And when they were joking about her age, I was cracking up. "Let's go inside before you break a hip." It seems like Jephte has a really good friend in the person he called (Tony?).

I really enjoyed Jepthe and Shawniece's moment on the porch too. Their interactions seem so much more organic than the other two couples. I adore Shawniece, she is so open and she loves to laugh. And it seems that her sunniness is thawing Jepthe some. His friend was right on the money. He's too quick to walk away and not deal with uncomfortable issues/feelings. He's an avoider. It would be very helpful for him to try to confront his feelings at least sometimes. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Love 13

I'm feeling really bad for Jackie.  Lost thr "love of her life" and married a maniac.  His type of persona will never change.  This is only the beginning, and look hows he's acting already.  Wait until the kids come and all the other problems with marriage.  He'll just keep escaping and she will be left alone in the house.  I just can't see him changing no matter what he says.  It's in him, and she will be very sorry if she doesn't get out now while she's young and not pregnant yet.

• Love 11

Can we and the other grooms just vote Ryan off the Island?  I wonder if Ryan's dumb ass reads SM because we are not the only ones tearing him a new one!

Edited by Waterlilly
I need a proof reader
  • Love 13

After Jackie divorces Asshat, he better move to another state, get some plastic surgery to change his face and change his name.  No woman in these United States will want him, especially in Boston.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Waterlilly said:

Can we and the other grooms just vote Ryan off the Island?  I wonder if Ryan's dumb ass reads SM because we are the only ones tearing him a new one!

We wish.  Nah .. Ryan is too busy with his "schedule" working five million jobs and drinking beers with the buddies.

• Love 3

I’ve been known to rag on the “experts” but I loved when Cal so clearly pointed out to Ryan that the problem isn’t Jac - it’s Ryan.  Ryan kept raising his voice and going on and on about how Jac is the one creating problems, such bullshit.  My fav part was when Cal said he was being passive aggressive.  I get the feeling Ryan has compartmentalized any past GFs so that when he bitches about them his friends just nod their heads in agreement.  Cal and the other husbands have met Jac and Ryan and are clearly Team Jac.  I also was glad Jac said he was being toxic.  She was spot on and I hope she remembers that if she gets any pressure to stay with Ryan.

It took 39 days and we *finally* see a genuine smile from Molly.  Of course, it is because Jon tells her she is the hottest wife. She couldn’t muster a genuine smile for his actual birthday or anything.  Molly is painfully superficial.  Girl needs to experience something in life other than getting her hair and nails done.

• Love 14

On decision day, I just hope Jackie takes off the wedding ring and gives it to Ryan without a word.  And, I hope Jon does the same with Molly, then takes Jacklyns hand and walks off  into the sunset on an adventure.  Then Ryan can go to the bar and throw down a few, and Molly can go get her hair & nails done, and they both will feel better.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 21

Didn't asshat Ryan also smugly say something like "she was mad I was going out, so I stayed out longer"? What a complete A-hole!

Aside from thinking they should have matched Jon with Jackie, I think they should have matched Ryan with Molly. She would have plenty of spare time to have her hair and nails done and what ever else she needs to do so she doesn't lose herself in the marriage. Two selfish A-holes. Bingo! Perfect match.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 11