Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Planning For The Future

• Start Topic

I didn't care for seconds chances that much (I did enjoy the David snark). If anyone gets a second chance from this season it would be Shawnice. She is the one that really wants to be married. Sure she is not everyone's cup of tea but at 29 I think she has the life experince , knows what she wants to do with her life and really wants to settle down. 

Jon I think might have signed up for the show as another life adventure, great if it works out but if it doesn't he will be fine and move on to the next adventure. Ryan just wanted an easy way to get a wife. Jacyln I don't think would be ready for another marriage after Ryan and her dead boyfriend.I don't know what Molly wants. Jep is if he can't make it work with Shawnice , he needs to spend some time working on himself before another marriage. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

You are right-I just like his personality and would rather have him then Ryan.

I think Ryan would be a real treat on Second Chances.  As with Jon, I like Shawniece too much to see her on that show.

• Love 4

I don't think Ryan's behavior is a cover-up for being gay.  I think it's a cover-up for being insecure.  All that chest beating, emotional tough-guy act and spending more on the ring are to compensate somehow for his feelings of inadequacy.  He acts just the opposite of the way he really feels to try to convince the world (and himself) that he's not a wimp.  Only it comes out as overcompensation, going overboard in the opposite direction, making himself look like a caricature of a pre-historic brute.

• Love 15

There are two things Ryan does often that annoy the heck out of me.  One is broadcasting to others things Jaclyn says, and twisting her words in order to make her look bad and him look right.  He did it regarding living in another country, and also making it appear that she and her Gypsy soul would take off in five years, and saying she told him he can't go out when it seems she said whatever and left it at that.  She politely told him on the honeymoon that she hoped the actions would match the words when it became apparent that he does nothing but speak in well used clichés.  She must be psychic.  ;)

The other thing is that he seems incapable of resolving anything.  Because he's always right, he just talks over her and says let's end this with a kiss.  He's lucky she smiles because I think his personality is intolerable and he's got more flags than the UN.  

Just as I don't get why some feel Jaclyn's past will ruin a marriage, since she doesn't seem to bring it up constantly, I still don't see Molly's hair and make up ruining her marriage.  Maybe the biggest problem with Molly and Ryan is that they both feel they do nothing wrong so they have nothing to fix, and that it's up to their other halves to be willing to live with their crap.  Jon and Jaclyn seem to be all in, yet up to their ears in two brick walls.  Molly says one thing in the THs but acts indifferent, and idiot Ryan just lives in his own private Idaho.  

Maybe if anyone can turn Jephte around, it's Shawniece.  She cries like a hyena but she's quick to laugh, she isn't a ball breaker and is grateful for any improvement he manages to make.  Cool girl.  

• Love 17
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, Gem 10 said:

Ryan can't be married to Jaclyn ..  He's already married to the Fire Dept., his buddies and his drinking and his hobbies. No room for a wife.  He goes out to drink and let off steam when she's sick?  She's got to walk.

I was watching this with my husband who earned massive brownie points when he said "why did this dude get married anyway?"  I can't help but think how this selfish behavior is going to go over if/when they have kids?  Is Ryan going to constantly have to "blow off steam" while Jackie is stuck at home with sick or cranky kids?   I can't stand him, he behaves like a toddler.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, humbleopinion said:

Ryan: No one can’t tell me I can’t go out...what an asshat 

He was drunk angry and frustrated that wanting and expecting to have his way in the marriage was ridiculed by Cal and the grooms.

Jackie called him out that he can’t be one of the boys going out for drinks whenever(which would be after every shift he works) and married to her.

Jackie run away.

No hope for Ryan, for reals.

I loved when everyone was pretty much openly mocking him.  I also loved how Jon read him during the trapeze outing.  Jon seems to get what marriage is about, ESPECIALLY when you're confined to 8 weeks before you decide if you're making it permanent or not!  Jon really grew on me this episode.   Molly better thaw out soon or he's going to have PLENTY of options when this 8 weeks is up.

• Love 4

Can you imagine Ryan “gypsy soul” shaming Jackie at a firefighter and family get together?

With a bunch of kids running around, he will call Jackie out when he has an audience of his pals circled around him and loudly ridicule her...how dare she want anything but the company of good friends(his friends),kids and a life that he can provide for her...he can afford for her to stay home with the kids...what a fortunate girl she is...

The wives will silently sympathize with her for having travel adventure dreams but know what an asshat Ryan is having had to listen his blowhard bullshit at ALL the gatherings for years.

Jackie deserves much more than Ryan...he is a mean, petty, little man whose pride is toxic.

• Love 5

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 24 hour shift ? Do you work for 24 hours straight ? Or do you take a nap in a cot while you wait for an emergency call ?

I know next to nothing about firefighting, but I assumed it involved a lot of sitting around and waiting for emergency calls. 

I think that Jackie is for sure the most balanced one of the 3 women on this season. Shawniece is nice but just comes off so desperate and eager. Molly is the exact opposite, ice queen. Jackie definitely is sweet and affectionate with her husband and wants to make it work but doesn't grovel. I am also pleasantly surprised that their main issue is no longer the dead boyfriend. 

I believe Molly said she was a contortionist, so I was kind of expecting her to show off and do some fancy tricks on the trapeze, but she didnt really. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 24 hour shift ? Do you work for 24 hours straight ? Or do you take a nap in a cot while you wait for an emergency call ?

I know next to nothing about firefighting, but I assumed it involved a lot of sitting around and waiting for emergency calls. 

I think that Jackie is for sure the most balanced one of the 3 women on this season. Shawniece is nice but just comes off so desperate and eager. Molly is the exact opposite, ice queen. Jackie definitely is sweet and affectionate with her husband and wants to make it work but doesn't grovel. I am also pleasantly surprised that their main issue is no longer the dead boyfriend. 

I believe Molly said she was a contortionist, so I was kind of expecting her to show off and do some fancy tricks on the trapeze, but she didnt really. 

My grandfather was a captain in the fire department.  I think they usually work something like 4 days on and 4 days off....something like that?  They live at the fire department when they're there.  They sleep in something like open bunks in the military barracks during basic training.

• Love 1

Another thing about being a firefighter.  My grandfather didn't make much money on the fire dept. and was forced to work a second job on his days off to support the family.  Unfortunately, he didn't have much time for my dad when he was a child.  I think being a fireman actually pays much better now, but its still a job like the military where it can be very demanding and hard on family life.  Ryan's attitude is not exactly compromising between his buddies, paintball, and drinking.  Its only going to get worse with kids.  Jackie needs to run!  She seems like a bright girl....she'll figure him out soon enough! 

• Love 3

I think Jephte and Shawniece are the only couple with a chance to make it long term. They have respect for each other* and I think they are growing as a couple. They aren’t faking feelings or lying to each other about where they are in their relationship.

*Jephte has to learn how to express his feelings without blowing up, walking away, and threatening “it is going to get ugly” (did he say that to Shawniece or to “the boys”?). His friend Antonio really knows him and how to communicate with him so as to get Jeph to understand where he is wrong and needs to make changes. He definitely needs Antonio around. Ryan needs an Antonio. Maybe Jeph can loan Antonio out to Ryan and maybe even Molly.

Jackie needs to run and fast...and now. That’s all I have to say.

Jon needs to bide his time, “keep sweet”, and then dump Molly at the end. Why bother with anything else?

• Love 4

Ryan is a drunk. 

Jackie needs to kick him to the curb where he can wallow, because he seems to like it there.

Shawniece needs to pack up her wigs and run not walk out before she ends up getting smacked around by a Jephte with a full on temper tantrum.  He's a little too creepy for me. 

Molly needs to realize that if she has no physical attraction to Jon by now, her marriage isn't a 7, it's a -7degrees below zero.   Even if she opens her legs to Jon the only thing that will happen is the furnace will kick in. 

Jon needs to just say no, even if Molly decides to have sex with him at the last second.   Her threesome may have left her with some icky gift that keeps on giving, anyway.   Run, Jon, run! 

• Love 3

Someone needs to tell Jon about Drionic. Its a treatment for excess sweating (hyperhidrosis). Its sends a small electric current through a felt pad, and gradually eliminates excess sweat in the area its applied to.  They have a unit for underarm and for hands/feet.  Years ago I had excess sweating on my feet. It would just ruin my shoes. I used the Drionic and eventually it went away.

https://drionic.com/pages/contact-us

They also sell them on Amazon.

He was sitting at a cafe down the street from the Boston tea party museum (lol)... made sure to wave to him with about 10 of my students... an older colleague I think ( an older woman) was with him.

Wish I had remembered to look at his ring finger, darn it!

Edited by GenY
Forgot something
  • Love 7

Wow...movie star handsome...very high praise for a basic cable cast member.

Hope someone who knows him will alert Jon to this forum and how a gen yer described him...that should warm his heart as he weeps silently into his pillow during another cold  sexless night in bed with Molly.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Can you imagine Ryan “gypsy soul” shaming Jackie at a firefighter and family get together?

With a bunch of kids running around, he will call Jackie out when he has an audience of his pals circled around him and loudly ridicule her...how dare she want anything but the company of good friends(his friends),kids and a life that he can provide for her...he can afford for her to stay home with the kids...what a fortunate girl she is...

The wives will silently sympathize with her for having travel adventure dreams but know what an asshat Ryan is having had to listen his blowhard bullshit at ALL the gatherings for years.

Jackie deserves much more than Ryan...he is a mean, petty, little man whose pride is toxic.

I think by now, the whole fire department guys and wives knows he's a blowhard asshole.   All he has to do is open his mouth.  He's probably had girlfriends before that dumped him, and had to resort to matchmakers.  He sound good on paper, but once he opens that mouth, it's all over.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lily247 said:

City Firemen, like N.Y. Boston, Chicago are paid by the city and work 24 hours on and 48 hours off.  They cook and sleep in the firehouse and sleep only if there is no fire or emergency.  Besides fires, they are also first responders for any emergency  such as accidents, life threatening illness, etc.  They usually have other jobs also.   Volunteer firemen usually live in the suburbs and get no salary as the taxpayers pay out of homeowners taxes.  They also receive donations from the people.  They are also trained for fires and emergencies.  Ryan is a City fireman and they don't get paid too much.  City firemen usually don't sit around too much as there is always something going on.   I have the utmost respect for volunteer firemen as they saved my life once.  They arrived in about six minutes after my husband called 911 after I was choking.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I can only speak of rural Utah firefighters which could be different then Boston, but on 24hr shifts , they sleep in shifts if needed but must be ready and awake in something like 120 seconds to leave. Rural firefighters are almost all volunteer. One of my son's teachers had 53 kids in her classroom and was a volunteer firefighter on the weekend. She used the downtime to grade papers and do classroom prep. I was amazed at her dedication. Boston firefighters make a salary, probably not enough for the cost of living in the city but not volunteer. 

I'm more curious in 2018 what is excessive drinking and going out. I am from MA but am now in Southern Utah. When I was in MA it was the thing in college or once in a career to go out of friday to drink/party, chill at home on a saturday maybe watching movies,  but weekdays were not for drinking except maybe a glass of wine with a special dinner. Where I live now there is 1 small bar for 200k people and very little alcohol sales just in remote state liquor stores off the beaten path so if you want to drink you have to go out of your way to drink, like drive 75 miles. Is Ryan drinking even 2 beers with buddies 4-5 days a week and it being a top priority a signal of a possible issue with drinking or is that the norm these days to hang out in a pub with your buddies 5 nights a week. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GenY said:

Just saw Jon while walking in Boston, that man is handsome... movie star handsome. Molly is one strong, icy hearted woman. Oh boy.

Whaaaat ? ? ?  You should have walked up to him and asked if he's still with Molly.  I'm DYING to know if they are still together.  Lucky you.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GenY said:

Just saw Jon while walking in Boston, that man is handsome... movie star handsome. Molly is one strong, icy hearted woman. Oh boy.

With as handsome as Jon is (apparently in real life, maybe even more handsome!) and what a good guy he seems to be, I think that he'd never be attracted to Jackie like he is to Molly.  Jackie is cute, but just not in Jon's league.  Yes, Jackie has an adorable personality, but let's face it....men are visual creatures, and Molly's whole package, yes, including the hair/nails/makeup/skinnyness, are just super attractive to Jon.

Ryan suffers from Arrested Development.  I'd put him at about 12-15 years old.  That awkward age where you think you know everything, and you respond to everything by just talking over the person, never resolving anything.   Highly immature.

I think that Ryan wants Marriage in a Bottle.....Amazon prime delivered.  Not real marriage where you have to actually....um.....work at it.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Sterling said:

With as handsome as Jon is (apparently in real life, maybe even more handsome!) and what a good guy he seems to be, I think that he'd never be attracted to Jackie like he is to Molly.  Jackie is cute, but just not in Jon's league.  Yes, Jackie has an adorable personality, but let's face it....men are visual creatures, and Molly's whole package, yes, including the hair/nails/makeup/skinnyness, are just super attractive to Jon.

Ryan suffers from Arrested Development.  I'd put him at about 12-15 years old.  That awkward age where you think you know everything, and you respond to everything by just talking over the person, never resolving anything.   Highly immature.

I think that Ryan wants Marriage in a Bottle.....Amazon prime delivered.  Not real marriage where you have to actually....um.....work at it.

Thats the part that bothers me with a Jackie and Jon match. I also don’t feel like he’d be attracted to her. I don’t even think that Molly is his type either (he likes red heads apparently), he might also be attracted to the more exotical looking females. 

Not even sure why the guy had to go on a tv show to meet a wife. Dude is handsome. Had to say that again. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

*Jephte has to learn how to express his feelings without blowing up, walking away, and threatening “it is going to get ugly” (did he say that to Shawniece or to “the boys”?). His friend Antonio really knows him and how to communicate with him so as to get Jeph to understand where he is wrong and needs to make changes. He definitely needs Antonio around. Ryan needs an Antonio. Maybe Jeph can loan Antonio out to Ryan and maybe even Molly.

He said it to the boys.  The previews made it look like he was saying it to Shawniece, and I was preemptively pissed on her behalf.  But I don't mind if that's how he expresses himself to the guys.

55 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I'm more curious in 2018 what is excessive drinking and going out. I am from MA but am now in Southern Utah. When I was in MA it was the thing in college or once in a career to go out of friday to drink/party, chill at home on a saturday maybe watching movies,  but weekdays were not for drinking except maybe a glass of wine with a special dinner. Where I live now there is 1 small bar for 200k people and very little alcohol sales just in remote state liquor stores off the beaten path so if you want to drink you have to go out of your way to drink, like drive 75 miles. Is Ryan drinking even 2 beers with buddies 4-5 days a week and it being a top priority a signal of a possible issue with drinking or is that the norm these days to hang out in a pub with your buddies 5 nights a week. 

I have a group of friends who live in a city and while some are married and some aren't, none of them have kids.  Some combination of the group tend to meet up at a certain bar after work in the evenings pretty much every day, they have a couple of drinks and some dinner before going home.  So I don't think that bit is excessive.  The difference is that spouses are included, and that if someone has something better to do they just don't go.  What bugs me is the bit where he decides he wants to go out at 11pm.

13 minutes ago, Sterling said:

And that's a shame for him because I do think he and Jackie would get along, have tons of fun, and be great together.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

As you can tell from his various shirts, Ryan works for the town of Brookline.

Does he work for the City or is that volunteer?  I don't know much about Boston.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Does he work for the City or is that volunteer?  I don't know much about Boston.

No clue but he was wearing a Brookline Local 950 firefighters union shirt so I imagine he is a paid firefighter. Brookline is a seperate town near the city of Boston's border.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

No clue but he was wearing a Brookline Local 950 firefighters union shirt so Imimagone he is a paid firefighter. Brookline is a seperate town near the city of Boston's border.

Thanks.  I notice he wears a lot of those shirts .. He even has Jackie wearing them.  I never read what they said.  Too busy listening to his babbling.

• Love 1

I don’t know that I’d say Molly is more physically attractive than Jac.  It’s a Ginger and Maryanne or Veronica and Betty thing and depends on what “type” you find attractive.  Let’s hope Jon’s fantasy is a redhead Maryanne or Betty :)

I do think Molly is more aware of how to dress and make the most of her assets.  Jac is very comfortable in her skin and doesn’t seem too concerned about the hair/makeup/wardrobe.  Instead of the stupid Jamie unfiltered show we should have a Shawniece makeover of Jac show.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

Speaking of Unfiltered, are we not getting those anymore or am I just no longer recording them?

I have not gotten Unflitered the last 2 weeks and I checked my cable box listings and TV guide and didn't see any?

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

There are merciful gods and no more of JamieO’s bugged eyed expressions in her pink tablecloth serape-gracing our TVs...

I wanted to see at least one with Molly. She needs to explain her wishy washy-ness.

• Love 1

Jackie may be fully committed to trying, but I hope she's wearing track shoes on decision day.

In addition to his defective personality, I'm pretty sure Ryan is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad lover.

• Love 12

No Unfiltered this week... Jamie must've really missed that paycheck.

I want to see Molly & Ryan subjected to Jamie's scary expressions & fake laugh.

Jaclyn doesn't need a makeover; she's comfortable with herself as she should be, unlike 'never to be seen without full plastered on makeup, false eyelashes, perfect nails & perfectly flat ironed hair, blah personality, insecure deep down' Molly.

Jon needs to think outside his superficial box & appreciate someone with something more to offer, or he may go through life being 'all that' all by himself.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7

Curious Molly did not appear in any Unfiltereds.

Must  have conflicted with her daily standing blow out appointment...

Molly made no secret of her priorities...hair and nails...no shaming, to each her own...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I can only speak of rural Utah firefighters which could be different then Boston, but on 24hr shifts , they sleep in shifts if needed but must be ready and awake in something like 120 seconds to leave. Rural firefighters are almost all volunteer. One of my son's teachers had 53 kids in her classroom and was a volunteer firefighter on the weekend. She used the downtime to grade papers and do classroom prep. I was amazed at her dedication. Boston firefighters make a salary, probably not enough for the cost of living in the city but not volunteer. 

I've spent my entire life in the urban northeast (what you are describing about how to drink in Utah is very foreign to me!). "Going out for a drink" or "getting drinks" is pretty common recreationally in big cities. It's not weird to me that a 20something guy goes out for drinks a few nights a week, particularly one with a more unconventional work schedule who doesn't have to be as concerned with getting up early. It wouldn't be that weird to me if he and Jackie were going out together. I have married friends that have a favorite bar. If he were getting hammered every night, that would give me pause.

Two things do strike me as weird: him just ditching Jackie (as has been said, why bother getting married if you're not spending time with your spouse?) and him going out at 11 PM. I haven't gone out at 11 PM on a weeknight since college when I didn't have classes on Fridays. In my 20s on weekends, I might get to a social thing at 11, but I definitely don't do that now in my 30s - none of my friends do either, single or coupled.

• Love 1

Ryan is the type of guy who if asked by Jackie to spend a little time with her or to maybe skip one day of paintball because they haven't seen each other in a week he will be all dramatic and scream  at her thst she wants him to quit his job. He will then accuse her of not wanting him to have any hobbies or friends and how dare she expect him to get rid of everything in his life that he's worked so hard for. He will throw this hissy fit that will leave Jackie stunned and she may back off even though all she asked him was to spend one evening with her. I think Ryan is a selfish nasty piece of work. 

• Love 17
18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't think Ryan's behavior is a cover-up for being gay.  I think it's a cover-up for being insecure.  All that chest beating, emotional tough-guy act and spending more on the ring are to compensate somehow for his feelings of inadequacy.  He acts just the opposite of the way he really feels to try to convince the world (and himself) that he's not a wimp.  Only it comes out as overcompensation, going overboard in the opposite direction, making himself look like a caricature of a pre-historic brute.

You have a good point. I definitely don't think Ryan is gay --I think he's insecure about women. It wouldn't matter what woman he was paired with. He likes having sex with women and he likes the idea of having a woman at home available whenever he wants sex. He never wanted a wife who would be his life *partner*. Buddies and work friends are for talking to and hanging out with, women are for sex (and maybe cooking, and cleaning, and doing the shopping). The only time he really wants to spend time with her socially is when he needs a "plus one". It's the old, "traditional" viewpoint on marriage... except that "his" woman makes money too, so that's an extra perk!

Ryan probably wouldn't even cheat on his wife. Approaching strange women who aren't already married to him is very scary (and unpleasant) from his point of view. 

Ryan would just *love* Second Chances -- but the "experts" might have a hard time finding enough female volunteers.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Wow...movie star handsome...very high praise for a basic cable cast member.

Hope someone who knows him will alert Jon to this forum and how a gen yer described him...that should warm his heart as he weeps silently into his pillow during another cold  sexless night in bed with Molly

Forgiveness for not noting his ring finger...you were dazzled by his good looks.

I must live where there are lots of average looking people...no one of any gender has made me think they were big screen hunky or beautiful...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Kareem said:

I don't get why some feel Jaclyn's past will ruin a marriage, since she doesn't seem to bring it up constantly  Jon and Jaclyn seem to be all in, yet up to their ears in two brick walls.  

Maybe if anyone can turn Jephte around, it's Shawniece.  She cries like a hyena but she's quick to laugh, she isn't a ball breaker and is grateful for any improvement he manages to make.  Cool girl.  

I brought up Jaclyn's past romance on a previous thread, as a big problem in that marriage --but I didn't mean to imply that I think Jaclyn wasn't ready for a new relationship. Although Jaclyn still gets sad (and once, even cried) because something reminded her of the dead ex, she doesn't constantly bring up her ex just to rub it in Ryan's face. The problem is from Ryan's side. The fact that Jaclyn still loves someone who died threatens all his insecurities about women

Shawnice is a very emotional person with a good heart. She really wants this 'experiment' -"marriage"- with Jephte to work, and she seems surprisingly patient with Jephte's behavior, considering. Jephte is very quick to anger. His temper can go from cool and calm to red hot just a minute or two! 

I'm concerned that could work out very, very badly for Shawnice in the long run.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kira28 said:

Ryan is the type of guy who if asked by Jackie to spend a little time with her or to maybe skip one day of paintball because they haven't seen each other in a week he will be all dramatic and scream  at her thst she wants him to quit his job. He will then accuse her of not wanting him to have any hobbies or friends and how dare she expect him to get rid of everything in his life that he's worked so hard for. He will throw this hissy fit that will leave Jackie stunned and she may back off even though all she asked him was to spend one evening with her. I think Ryan is a selfish nasty piece of work. 

And then he'd proclaim, "And I'm not going to change!"

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Indy USAF said:

Another thing about being a firefighter.  My grandfather didn't make much money on the fire dept. and was forced to work a second job on his days off to support the family.  Unfortunately, he didn't have much time for my dad when he was a child.  I think being a fireman actually pays much better now, but its still a job like the military where it can be very demanding and hard on family life.

I took a look online and Ryan made just over $70,500 last year.  I don't feel bad posting that as Massachusetts gov't employee salaries are public knowledge and posted online for anyone to see.  Considering his age, that's not bad, especially because it will only grow in time.  A lot of the salaries I saw were well over $100,000 just for a regular firefighter in Brookline.  If Ryan works a second job he probably tops that anyway.  So I think he's doing pretty well.

• Love 4
On 3/22/2018 at 12:53 PM, Lily247 said:

I had assumed that Jaclyn's talk of exploring other countres/states was just idle conversation, the kind you make when you say you want to join the Peace Corps or go live in Paris. I see a lot of comments pinning Ryan as emotionally abusive or a little bit homosexual. I don't see that at all, especially since "abuse" is such a loaded term that people like to throw around an awful lot. It was NOT nice for him to go out with his friends when his wife was home sick. He does need to learn to grow up though. 

I used to have the same exact situation like Jaclyn. My husband used to go out almost every night with his friends to drink or just hang out and I was home alone. It really frustrated me. Then I realized I had to use a different tactic than nagging or even just expressing my feelings to him. Whenever he left, I would tell him to go have fun and that he would have a plate of food waiting for him when he got home. He began returning home after 1 hour. Now he still hangs out with his friends on a regular basis, but doesn't stay out late anymore. I created an environment that he wanted to come home to. Now MAFS is different because these people barely know each other an you would expect that in the "honeymoon phase" (first couple months of a relationship) the guy would be eager to spend extra time with her. 

In their case, they both work. Why should she always be the one who comes home and has to provide dinner?

• Love 9
15 hours ago, GenY said:

Thats the part that bothers me with a Jackie and Jon match. I also don’t feel like he’d be attracted to her. I don’t even think that Molly is his type either (he likes red heads apparently), he might also be attracted to the more exotical looking females. 

Not even sure why the guy had to go on a tv show to meet a wife. Dude is handsome. Had to say that again. 

Looks aren't everything. Especially long term

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

In their case, they both work. Why should she always be the one who comes home and has to provide dinner?

I think my point was missed ... I work 32 hours a week myself, (make almost same income) yet I usually make dinner simply bc I love to cook and he doesnt. My story doesn't really reflect that of Ryan and Jaclyn's because they are such a new couple, yet forced into an unnatural relationship. 

• Love 2

The tease for the next episode has the boys playing pool.

Ryan continues to arrogantly spew putz-y sludge to self sabatoge.

Jon and Jephte question his motives for keeping his apartment.

I do like the weekly get togethers of the couples...easier to script and advance the storylines of each cast member.

• Love 10
On 3/23/2018 at 2:01 AM, Yeah No said:

I agree with all of this.

I also think his constant activity (work, paintball, drinking with buddies) is a method to keep him away from any introspection because it makes him uncomfortable to confront the image he projects and his real self. Being with an intimate partner for extended periods of time brings out one’s self.  Many of us find that relaxing. “Oh, I can just be myself now and not my work self.” I think it’s not relaxing for Ryan. Like others, I am begonning to wonder about his drinking. That can become a problem for those who are intent on projecting an image or are running from self knowledge.   

I feel badly that Ryan somewhere along the line picked up the wrong ideas about what it means to be a strong man.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

No Unfiltered this week... Jamie must've really missed that paycheck.

I want to see Molly & Ryan subjected to Jamie's scary expressions & fake laugh.

Jaclyn doesn't need a makeover; she's comfortable with herself as she should be, unlike 'never to be seen without full plastered on makeup, false eyelashes, perfect nails & perfectly flat ironed hair, blah personality, insecure deep down' Molly.

Jon needs to think outside his superficial box & appreciate someone with something more to offer, or he may go through life being 'all that' all by himself.

I was trying to give Molly a chance, but her true colors came out when Jon confronted her in the bed when he said she had no trouble having a three-some.  She came back at him like a snake cursing a "fuck you", that was my college years.  That was the real Molly, and it wasn't pretty.  Jon had her there and she couldn't take it.  Molly thinks she's God's gift to men.  Jon is being a gentlemen and trying everything to make her like him. I just can't see them together.  He deserves better.  Right now, he is bedazzled by her looks.

• Love 6

Ryan is a "drinker" period.  Has to have that beer flowing down his throat, especially with the buddies.  He'd be worse once the kids come .. Cornered!  He likes to come home after drinking and give Jackie a quick Bang and that's it.  He thinks just because he has five million jobs, that makes a good husband.  I really don't think he is gay .. Just loves to hang out at the bar.  

• Love 6