Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Hi Luna-  I agree about the tameness of Erica towards Teddi after being called a liar again.  Kyle was far worse to both Dorit and LVP in New York and for far longer.

The problem with Teddi is she is not quoting Erica correctly.  Erika never said LVP would be hurt.  A drunk Erika said, after dodging Teddi's original inquiry, "I'd be a little pissed."  No one said boo to Dorit at the dinner. The controversy isn't what anyone said after the dinner in NY it is what was said by Dorit and to Dorit.  

On WWHL they showed a clip from next week and Teddi calls Dorit

Hide contents

to apologize over repeated the Rinna comments and admits they were self serving.  Then Teddi bitches Dorit didn't behave correctly after the apology.  When has Teddi ever apologized to anyone?  Teddi seems to think she has done a lot of apologizing

She literally apologized to Erika in the moment last night. 

• Love 20
12 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Then at the dinner when Erika went off on Teddi,.. The way Erika's voice dropped and got husky (just like in Hong Kong), I really expected her head to spin around and pea green soup to come out of her mouth.  She's downright scary and looks possessed in those moments. 

I've had an (ex) friend exactly like this. Never know when Satan will come out of her mouth. And unless you are a Satan as well, (Satan's don't hang around other Satan's because they are so thin skinned) there is no need to go to battle because it is a waste of your energy and they will vile you to the ground. Best way to handle a Satan in your life is to block their number. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Rahul said:

1) She hears things that were never said. In Hong Kong, Eileen never spoke ill of Erika's son or his profession as a cop but she was up in arms and took great offense over nothing. This year, Teddi never called Erika a liar nor alluded to her being one but she heard "liar."

(2) She turns into a lunatic from the wrong-side-of-the-tracks when triggered. Designer threads be damned. Erika's true colors are on display during her epic (and senseless) meltdowns.

While I really like Erika and empathize with her I initially thought her reaction was over the top until I read this. Eileen actually said, "it's not like she killed your kid". Maybe when someone's kid has a job where they actually could die that's not a very sensitive analogy to use. 

All these nice, proper ladies take really nasty digs, but because they say it in a lilting voice they're not called aggressive, nor are their backgrounds brought up. Saying "fuck you" to someone's face is a much more honest way to deal with someone's bullshit than spreading rumors that they're schizophrenic, a drug addict or an adulterer.

Teddi is a better shit stirrer than Dorit or Rinna can ever hope to be. What was honest or authentic about bringing up that old bullshit with Rinna? After watching Dorit in action for a month Teddi couldn't have thought their discussion would stay in the car. This is a tv show Teddi! If it isn't on camera it didn't happen and Dorit needs it to be on camera so she can pay her nannies!

Kyle's new house is fantastic. I think Kyle will become the de facto Queen Bee of this show if she'd just keep disengaging from the bullshit.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

You don't watch much true crime, do you, Boo?!   Cuz I can think of about 50 ways, right off the top of my head.  (Why, yes, I DO watch too much true crime - why do you ask?).  ;-)

Now maybe y'all will think twice about trash talkin' me - HEE!!!

Erica might want to redirect some of Tom's funds into a Wham Squad, rather than a Glam Squad.  Just sayin'.

hahhaa .. why yes, yes I do watch (way too many) crime shows as well.  I should have been more clear - how exactly do these silly housewives stop you from talking about them LOL

• Love 1
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I agree that she should have kept her mouth closed, too much time had passed between her dinner with Dorit/PK and mani/pedi with Rinna. That said, she did tell Dorit about it, in private,  before they got to Rinna's dinner tonight but Dorit wants Erika/Rinna to dislike Teddi so she has them to herself as she doesn't have LisaV to herself.

And this is why I see what Teddi did as different from Dorit.  She told Dorit when they were ALONE.  Perhaps her timing could have been better, but it's not like these two ever get together for coffee.  I suspect she legitimately felt that, having repeated what Dorit and PK said to Rinna, she needed to let Dorit know about it.  Normal people wouldn't go to Defcon 4 over this. 

The person who dragged this out was Dorit, by bringing it up to the group.  And she could have ended it when Teddi and Rinna both spoke calmly, but NO.....

Erika, girl sit down and shut up!  I get that Teddi did call you a liar (though she may not have thought of it that way), but you CANNOT tell other people what they can and can't say.  I want to call you a liar, I damned well will do so!  That was a  helluva over-reaction, which makes me wonder why she does it?  Hmmm.....

Dorit is a designer in the same way Sheree was a designer.  "I want a fashion line....I think..... swimsuits."  "Yes, I'd like a bikini......in black."  "Oh, and in.....white....."  Shakes hands for other people to do ALL the work.  That was embarrassing for her, not that she'd ever recognize it.  And she certainly stood up to PK on everything didn't she?  DORIT:  "I want this name, this price point."  PK:  "No, different name, cheaper."  Dorit: "OK"

• Love 19
3 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I know - when they were in the front yard and Mo referred to the circular driveway with the "bushes" I just laughed.  I'm sure there is an expensive-sounding name for the formal entrance that really should have just flowed off his tongue

It did refer to them as being a "topiary" at first, but then I guess he doubted himself?

• Love 1

I haven't read through the whole thread yet so I apologize if I am repeating what has already been said.

I get why Erika was angry because of the way Teddi phrased the amnesia comment was insinuating Erika was lying, that being said, she was over the top nasty and I am saying this as an Erika fan. I felt a wee bit of like for Dorit tonight because she did seem genuinely concerned with Teddi being upset.  I really like Teddi but I do think she should have just kept the three month old conversation to herself at that point.  I actually enjoyed watching Lisa R and Dorit getting along and would rather watch them as friends than enemies.  Kyles new house is beautiful, I love her choices in houses and how she doesn't go for new construction.      

• Love 8
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Good point! Teddi and Eileen also share integrity, decency, grace and kindness - qualities Erika lacks - perhaps this is also part of it.

They also share the irritating quality of beating a dead horse until it comes out of the glue factory :)

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Normades said:

I'd wager she plays pacemaker a lot with old Tom at home!!

Not making fun of you -- just a funny typo! :)

Hahahaha! Good catch! I posted from my phone initially and it's always doing things like that. Too funny to correct. 

• Love 11

My favorite part of this episode was when Rinna was at the door of the restaurant while LVP is going after Teddi and Dorit an Erika go back in, she clearly looked like she didn't want to be on this "side" of this nonsense.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, AnnieHeights said:

I haven't read through the whole thread yet so I apologize if I am repeating what has already been said.

I get why Erika was angry because of the way Teddi phrased the amnesia comment was insinuating Erika was lying, that being said, she was over the top nasty and I am saying this as an Erika fan. I felt a wee bit of like for Dorit tonight because she did seem genuinely concerned with Teddi being upset.  I really like Teddi but I do think she should have just kept the three month old conversation to herself at that point.  I actually enjoyed watching Lisa R and Dorit getting along and would rather watch them as friends than enemies.  Kyles new house is beautiful, I love her choices in houses and how she doesn't go for new construction.      

That's twice Erika's lost her fk'n mind over nothing! I'd give her "the hand" permanently! She's too unstable! Teddi's too nice to deal with these b!tches! They're all willing to lie or "forget" conveniently what was said and done just days ago! Lisa R brags about it! Erika's no different; wanting to ignore things and pretend they didn't happen! She'll probably apologize the next time she sees Teddi, but not sure I'd be so accepting! That was an "OTT" reaction that came out of nowhere! ;-(

• Love 11
14 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

I only remember Kyle living in this same house.  She had morally corrupt Faye Resnick redecorate for her in the early seasons though.  She also has that fab house in Palm Desert too. 

I thought the same thing. That wasn't a push.  That was more of a shove off a cliff! 

I think Kyle did have a different home in LA during the first season.  And there have been 2 homes in Palm Desert too, so it may seem like she moves all the time. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I can totally get that, but Erika took it a step further and mocked her for being a crybaby. It’s one thing to say “Your tears don’t sway me” and another to be like “you’re so weak, you crybaby.” One is strong and the other is making the other person feel worse so that you look stronger.

I had hoped that was “British humour” but maybe not.

Shouldn't you have to be really British to use British humour?  A fake British accent isn't enough Dorit!

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I really don't understand Rinna's obsession with Vanderpump being older. She brings it up all the time. I take it as an insecurity about herself being 2nd oldest and having a degree of shame about it but mitigating that shame by saying to herself "at least I'm not as old as LVP."  

I wondered about that too because the comment came out of nowhere. She seems positively gleeful that LVP is the oldest as if it's a bad thing so she wants to remind everyone. For the people who like LVP I doubt it's because they think she's years younger than she actually is. For the people who don't like LVP I doubt it's because she's the oldest one in the group. I agree that the comment was puzzling.

• Love 10

I like Teddi, I really do, but....

-Dorit is right, Teddi shouldn't believe she can play runtelldat AND keep her hands clean and have no one angry with her.  Doesn't work that way.  Not everyone relishes being held accountable.  (I write this as I ignore the clock telling me I'm supposed to be getting ready to go to the gym right now)

-I get why she was uncomfortable with Rinna saying things were great with Dorit,  and felt the need to tell her, but see above.

-I think Erika's response to Teddi, which was "I don't remember, I might have said that" was reasonable, and was not a denial, nor a case of pretend amnesia.  By saying pretend amnesia, Teddi DID imply she was lying, which was even more un-called for because Erika said she might have said that.  This was a big oops on Teddi's part.

Erika's ragy response to being called a liar was awful, but it didn't bother me nearly as much as her un prompted "How are you feeling in the friend group" to Teddi.   THAT was crappy. 

The interesting thing with Teddi is that she wasn't brought in as anyone's make believe friend.  We saw her meeting Dorit first, but it was clear that they were just meeting.  As such, Teddi has no paid protectors or allies in the group.  Tough way to start.  LVP is into Teddi now, but wasn't in the beginning.  In fact, LVP is the reason Dorit went after Teddi over the glasses.  Rinna, who Teddi just in her mind stuck up for, gently corrected her and said she shouldn't have said anything about Dorit's 3 month old comments.  Erika has been cold to Teddi from the start.  No one has gone too far out of their way to be much of a friend to Teddi, and THAT makes Erika's comment meaner and sadder in my mind.

But, good for Teddi for laying Erika out in the blog.  "She's done being nice to me?  I must have missed when she started."  Nicely done, Teddi.   

-

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:
18 hours ago, sol y luna said:

Erica - major see you next Tuesday. She's such a bitch. Her husband is a turd. She's SO jealous of Teddie, who had a famous father. Erica's father bailed on her - good for him.

WOW for real? Good For him? walking out on a child gets him a congratulations? and people liked this comment? thats way harsh.  Do you maybe think thats why Erika is the way she is BECAUSE her father left her? I have only seen my Bio dad twice in my life once when we went to get the blood test when i was 12 and once when my mom had to get Insurance papers from him because i was being admitted to the hospital.... Not having your bio father there is the worst and knowing they just didn't want you is heartbreaking and something I would never wish on anyone and for someone to congratulate a dad for walking out on their child is wow just wow

THIS! + Erika is a terrible person for leaving her son with his father (because she wasn't making enough money to support him) but we praise the father that left her? WTF

right to be angry but her temper switch definitely needs some tightening.

As a woman on the north side of 40 I'm going attribute the bursts of temper to hormones. She probably has fibroids which make periods and mood swings worse.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 4

So this episode is basically about Teddi's meddling ways and Erika's bad temper, lol. But before I get to that, I love Kyle's new house!

It's very obvious that Teddi told Rinna about Dorit's comments because it satisfied her own inner grievances with Dorit. I don't think Teddi's primary purpose is to cause a rift between Rinna and Dorit, but to prove her own point out loud about Dorit and her loose lips. I will give it to Teddi, she's got a good memory. She's been a bone collector this season and it seems she's got this personal mission to make everyone accountable for everything they say. While I can give her credit for being pretty accurate in the way she delivers and remembers information, she totally missed the mark this episode and it reveals that Teddi isn't always accountable for herself either. It's easy to tell everyone's business and then sit back and tell them to own it. It's a whole other thing when you get swept up in the tornado (self-inflicted in this case) and then have to be accountable for your part. Forget the fact that she had no good reason to tell Rinna about Dorit's comments, what stuck out this episode is the way she focused on Erika's reaction to her and not at all addressing how she contributed to that situation which escalated very quickly. Erika was right, claiming someone has pretend amnesia infers they're conveniently forgetting information so that they don't have to cop to it. The correct response is saying 'Sorry, that was an irresponsible choice of words. If you don't remember, I have no intention of inferring that you're being dishonest about that' not 'I'm sorry that I offended you'. Dorit was also right in calling out Teddi for how she's going back and forth with information.

Erika, damn this woman has a temper on her. I totally get why she was upset but she went from 0 to 100 in quick time. She obviously has little patience with anyone who she feels is targeting her character and accusing her of things she doesn't believe is valid. However, her temper persisted even when Teddi tried to calmly apologize (ironically claiming that she didn't recall using the word 'pretend', lol). Erika has a tendency of when angered, she's so consumed with her anger that there is no calming her down or having her hear you.  Everything is already decided in her head in that moment and anything you say will be villainous words to her that she's going to attack. Again, right to be angry but her temper switch definitely needs some tightening.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Erika, damn this woman has a temper on her. I totally get why she was upset but she went from 0 to 100 in quick time. She obviously has little patience with anyone who she feels is targeting her character and accusing her of things she doesn't believe is valid. However, her temper persisted even when Teddi tried to calmly apologize (ironically claiming that she didn't recall using the word 'pretend', lol). Erika has a tendency of when angered, she's so consumed with her anger that there is no calming her down or having her hear you.  Everything is already decided in her head in that moment and anything you say will be villainous words to her that she's going to attack. Again, right to be angry but her temper switch definitely needs some tightening.

This may be a stretch, but I wonder if Erika picking on the people who won't fight back is a situation created by her dynamic with Tom. In her marriage, what Tom says goes and no doubt he is not to be argued or he will put her in her place. Her going 0 to 60 so quickly, to me, smacks of transference.  She can't get demonstrably mad at Tom for putting her in her place because he holds all the cards (/money?) in their relationship. She has to keep him happy because she stands to lose so much.  But she can put all of that anger and quiet seething on Teddi because she holds nothing over Erika.  This seems more believable to me than daddy envy. Mellencamp may be famous but he was also a drug addict and has 5 children from 3 different marriages. I'm not sure what kind of dad he was but his past doesn't SOUND particularly enviable. 

• Love 23
19 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

I like Teddi, I really do, but....

-Dorit is right, Teddi shouldn't believe she can play runtelldat AND keep her hands clean and have no one angry with her.  Doesn't work that way.  Not everyone relishes being held accountable.

My thing is, if one of the women has issues with people who play "runtelldat", (and let's be honest, they have *all* been guilty of doing that since day one. It's a large part of what this show is about---who said what and why) then why isn't that woman more mindful of what she says in the first place? If Dorit didn't want Lisa to hear about what she said about her, why say it on camera in the first place? She'd still be in the shade with Lisa with or without Teddi repeating what was said. 

Meanwhile Dorit gets angry with Camille when Camille points out that Dorit has been repeating things that other women have said in a manner that causes conflict. 

In other words, Dorit thinks it's okay when she plays "runtelldat" but takes issue when other people do it to her. Why is it okay for Dorit to repeat things and not Teddi?

At least Teddi can admit that she repeated something and explain why she did it. Dorit will lie and pretend that she didn't say certain things knowingly perfectly well that her comments are on camera.

• Love 24
17 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Yeah.  I sympathize with Teddi here  Honestly, I deal better with the Dorit's of the world because I won't put up with that condescending crap.  The Erika's who go out of proportion crazy, that is something I back off of because you can't reason with crazy and its best not to try.  Everyone else can see that they are crazy so there is no need to prove you are right in that situation.

I think that the rest of the women not doing much of anything to try to help would have been the most upsetting to me. 

Really, LvP was the only one that really tried.  It must be a cold day in hell because LvP was the MVP of this episode.  I don't think I've had a decent opinion of her since S1.

This, this and this! I don't drink the LVP Kool-Aid at all, really don't like the dumb pink pony stuff and the English aristocracy shit she tries to pull on people, but for the first time since the first few episodes of S1 she came off as sincere and reasonable to me. (Although it did seem like she tried to cut things a bit short in the limo like she was definitely trying to control her time on camera. Oh well, that's LVP for you.) 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

No one has dared to say shit to Ericka, and she doesn't like being called out.  Wow.  I loved the editors showing that she did say something about feelings being hurt.  She LIED.  Oh I don't remember........yeah, right.  She conveniently forgot.

I wanted to tell Teddi get in the car and let it drive you away from these assholes.  They're not regular women.  They're vultures who pick and pick and pick and pick on their "friends" until their bones are clean.  Horrible hags.

I can't credit properly because I don't recall who said it, or on which HW thread, but someone said something very wise.  To paraphrase, "these women aren't friends, they're co-workers."

Truer words...

• Love 3
19 hours ago, princelina said:

I agree that she is out of her depth.  I think she came into this thinking she could be Miss Upfront and Honest and that would work, but it doesn't matter if you are being honest if you are surrounded by liars and forgetters.  My main gripe with her is that she suffers from a severe disability in the MYOB department. It's not even a matter of operating under normal social graces - because very few interactions with these ladies is normal.  A normal outing with Rinna would have had them talking about their jobs, kids, husbands, travels, etc. She knows she has to take part in these conversations so she tries, and does end up starting stuff that she doesn't know how to finish.

She'll be okay. Bravo seems to love her. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, film noire said:

I think Teddi is a great addition to the show.

She's completely different in temperament and perspective, and it's fresh blood the group needed, imo. I love that she's terrible at shopping but great at riding (which requires deep communication with an animal, always admirable to me) and I like that she's connected to her body in a physical, hands-on way (not just as an object to be dressed and bejeweled and diplayed). I like her gorgeous beach house view and her crappy kitchen counters, I like that she grew up the daughter of a major celebrity and you'd never know it from her demeanour, I love that she doesn't shriek obscenities, call other women a c*nt as some supposed grand jest, or claim to be an independent ice queen while going all Godfather crazy-ass wannabe Michael and Fredo on people  (btw, Erika? You're the Fredo).  I even like Teddi's name -- always liked girls who could rock a boy's name (wish I'd been called James) -- so I'm pleased Teddi joined the show, and in this little showdown tonight, I'll take the crybaby in riding boots over the whore-baby in thigh-high boots any day of the week ;)

Not to mention her step mother was a very real super model.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

This may be a stretch, but I wonder if Erika picking on the people who won't fight back is a situation created by her dynamic with Tom. In her marriage, what Tom says goes and no doubt he is not to be argued or he will put her in her place. Her going 0 to 60 so quickly, to me, smacks of transference.  She can't get demonstrably mad at Tom for putting her in her place because he holds all the cards (/money?) in their relationship. She has to keep him happy because she stands to lose so much.  But she can put all of that anger and quiet seething on Teddi because she holds nothing over Erika.  This seems more believable to me than daddy envy. Mellencamp may be famous but he was also a drug addict and has 5 children from 3 different marriages. I'm not sure what kind of dad he was but his past doesn't SOUND particularly enviable. 

I see what you're saying but for some reason I'm inclined to believe that Erika wouldn't behave that way with her mom or her son either. A part of me think it's the emotional currency that probably keeps her temper in check. Outside of her son, mother and husband, I wouldn't be surprised if all of her other relationships are interchangeable. That's not to say that she doesn't care about friendships, but likely those closest to her (Tom, her son and her mother) have a longer rope and get more of her patience compared to everyone else. Her aggressiveness seems more to be in the moment. Often times she can revisit an issue and be more measured about it - except with PK at the reunion. That's the one exception where I feel that she was probably more hot tempered after the fact than in the moment when she was dealing with the issue (but that may also be because she was responding to both the incidents and that comments and THs that she wasn't privy to during filming). 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, PerPlexied said:

She literally apologized to Erika in the moment last night. 

And then several minutes later, after she'd run away from direct engagement with Erika, she started again at the line of argument for which she'd apologized by sobbing to LVP "if you really don't remember," 'then you shouldn't say anything' and "if you really don't remember," 'why would you get upset?'

I would think a woman so well versed in accountability would realize that 1) suggesting Erika is lying to LVP immediately after apologizing to Erika for suggesting she's lying negates and devalues that apology as well as 2) that making this argument to LVP after scurrying away from a face to face with Erika doesn't exactly meet the standards she has set for others re: transparency and directness. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, PerPlexied said:

But Teddi did hold herself accountable. That's why she called Dorit and asked to ride for drinks with her, where she then copped to what she told Rinna because she purposely didn't want it to be a group conversation. That could have been the end. But Dorit wanted to punish her in front of everybody else. You can see from the earlier conversation between Dorit and Erika that they absolutely have no respect for Teddi. They have constantly talked down to her and condescended her. 

The other thing is you're coming from a place as if you believe Erika. But what if you believe the opposite-- Erika was lying. Her initial "maybe I did, maybe I didn't" sounds to me like she did remember, didn't want to cop to it then and there but also didn't want to outright lie on camera (like she did her first season re: her talking about the Yolanda conversation). And Teddi apologized to Erika in that moment and Erika still wouldn't let it go. 

I just think Dorit and Erika thought they were going to create this friendship for the show and the viewers would be all "YAS QUEENS!!" but instead look what happened. 

It's strange and fascinating how as viewers we can perceive things so differently. Guess that's why we have this forum! I don't see Teddi scurrying away from a face to face with Erika. Everybody agreed the night was over and were getting up to leave. Teddi and Erika had their face to face-- Erika chose to flip out and Teddi chose to apologize, say "Okay" and disengage. 

Teddi clearly said that she DID NOT want to be followed/talked to but LVP pressed and clearly Teddi was highly emotional. Sure, she was again insinuating that Erika was lying but she did have a point. Just how I see it. 

As you note, mileage varies on this. But my main point was that, from my perspective, apologizing is disingenuous and doesn't mean anything when one begins tacking to the same line of argument for which one is ostensibly apologizing immediately after the apology. 

Teddi had an opportunity to address her self-proclaimed "confusion" to Erika directly and ask her the questions she was lobbing at LVP: "if you don't remember, then why are you getting upset?" 

She did not do that and waited until the cast had dispersed to talk about Erika to a third party. This was Teddi's primary complaint when Dorit was discussing her disagreements with Teddi to third and fourth parties in LVP and Kyle. 

But Teddi did hold herself accountable. That's why she called Dorit and asked to ride for drinks with her, where she then copped to what she told Rinna because she purposely didn't want it to be a group conversation. That could have been the end. But Dorit wanted to punish her in front of everybody else.

Just clipping this separately for clarity of back and fort. 

But at the restaurant and in her talking head, Teddi declared that she was tired of talking about the issue and that Dorit was to blame for making the commentary in the first place. 

This was head-scratching to me. If Teddi was bored and/or exhausted of the topic, reviving months-old remarks is an odd contradiction. Likewise, making her "it's all my fault - oh, wait! It's not" assertions takes no accountability for how repeating jabs Dorit took a considerable amount of time in the past impacts the current dynamic among the women. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Erika being dismissive that Teddi and LVP have a shared interest was so weird to me.

Isn't Erika the one always saying in her THs that everybody should get along and how immature it is for people to be jealous of other people's relationships? Pot meet kettle on that one.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, PerPlexied said:

But Teddi did hold herself accountable. That's why she called Dorit and asked to ride for drinks with her, where she then copped to what she told Rinna because she purposely didn't want it to be a group conversation. That could have been the end. But Dorit wanted to punish her in front of everybody else. You can see from the earlier conversation between Dorit and Erika that they absolutely have no respect for Teddi. They have constantly talked down to her and condescended her. 

The other thing is you're coming from a place as if you believe Erika. But what if you believe the opposite-- Erika was lying. Her initial "maybe I did, maybe I didn't" sounds to me like she did remember, didn't want to cop to it then and there but also didn't want to outright lie on camera (like she did her first season re: her talking about the Yolanda conversation). And Teddi apologized to Erika in that moment and Erika still wouldn't let it go. 

I just think Dorit and Erika thought they were going to create this friendship for the show and the viewers would be all "YAS QUEENS!!" but instead look what happened. 

I'm not coming from a place where I believe Erika. I'm coming from a place where there's no way to know for certain whether Erika actually remembered or not. So I can either make an assumption and then infer that she's lying about it (which Teddi did) and potentially piss someone off or I could defend my statement and say 'I understand if you may not remember but I remember it very vividly and I wouldn't say that you said that if I wasn't completely sure that it happened'. It doesn't matter if all of the world thinks that Erika was conveniently forgetting the incident, the reality is that you can't prove it and for someone you have very little history with and know little of, it's very irresponsible to make that kind of inference. Apologizing if the word offended someone isn't taking accountability. Taking accountability is recanting the use of the word and saying 'I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that', not 'I'm sorry if that word offended you'. Maybe, just maybe Erika would have slowed it down just a notch to hear Teddi clarify herself with more a appropriate choice of words. 

I think that Teddi wanted to discuss the conversation away from the group, not for Dorit's benefit, but for her own. She wanted to take the message back directly unlike in NYC when Kyle went to Dorit about things that Teddi had told her. It also didn't look good on Teddi that she had brought up a 3 month old conversation. Teddi wasn't looking out for Rinna when she shared that conversation, she wanted to validate her own opinions about Dorit being someone who likes to gossip too much. She took no care or consideration of whether Rinna and Dorit had a much improved relationship since that 3 month old conversation. She took no consideration that maybe whatever good they built in that relationship in that time could be damaged by her comments. The same way Teddi brought up the conversation to Rinna (to validate herself), Dorit brought up the conversation in front of the group to validate her own belief that Teddi is just out to get her and making mountains out of molehills. What better example would she have then to demonstrate how Teddi brought up a 3 month old conversation that had no reason to be shared at this point in time unless it was to hurt Dorit and her growing friendship with Rinna? I think both women assume that the other has the worst intention toward them and it becomes a vicious cycle and no, it's not because Dorit doesn't let something die just because Teddi told her about it, it's the point that what we say and do has consequences. It can hurt people's feelings or anger them and it's not enough to 'own it' and think that the other person should no longer have the opportunity to react and feel. I've defended Teddi in the past and I don't think she's a horrible person at all, but I can definitely see why Teddi's actions would hurt/anger Dorit simply because it was incredibly unnecessary. 

• Love 6

Looks like Mauricio's business is doing well.  Did they show the price of the new house at $8 million?  I wonder what their old house sold for.  The new house looks more stately.  I liked the style of the old house better.  YMMV.   Good for them that they're doing so well.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that Dorit s some kind of Svengali level bullshitter.

Lets go back over this chain of events.

It starts with Dorit blowing Teddi off for drinks and then carrying tales of the encounter to LvP and Kyle of how Teddi is unreasonable about punctuality as a preemptive measure to not be held in a poor light. Dorit basically created a situation where Teddi feels the need to defend herself to LvP and Kyle with that action.

Dorit then acts like a prima dona at Teddi's spa thing and makes Teddi feel even worse.

Teddi is insecure about hosting another get together and tells LvP why (and I believe doesn't name names).

LvP carries that tale back to Dorit and Dorit loses her mind over it.  LvP and Kyle are both brought into it because they are now in the middle of Teddi and Dorit trying to convince third parties they are the wronged party.  This devolves into Dorit screaming at a party that Teddi is a psycho.

LvP, Kyle, and Dorit have a fight over this nonsense and LvP storms out..

Erika has menstrual problems and leaves Teddi's beach house and Dorit needs to tell Erika what Kyle and Teddi said about her.

Erika loses it.  And because Erika will cut a bitch, Kyle is on the verge of losing it.

Dorit then runs her mouth about the LvP and Kyle dinner to everybody else.  Erika then adds in what LvP said to her about it.  And Dorit says nothing she is saying she wouldn't say to LvP.

Then Dorit gets the worse case of world salad known to man and clearly she didn't mean it when she said she was willing to say everything she said to the group to LvP because she couldn't string two intelligible words together when she tried to admit what she said.

Teddi tells Kyle what Dorit said about LvP (and Camille brought the topic up.  Teddi broke it down. )

Kyle then brings it back to LvP and confronts Dorit over LvP's objections. 

LvP punishes Dorit.  Dorit blames Teddi for everything (because none of this could have been stopped by Dorit not running around gossiping)

Teddi is later out with LisaR and tells her about the bajillion times Dorit has gossiped about last season and LisaR being schizophrenic or something.

Teddi then confesses to Dorit privately what she did so Dorit isn't blindsided if LisaR is angry about it. 

By my count Dorit has been carrying tales way more than Teddi and no one has their hands clean.  So how is it possible that everyone at the dinner seems fine with Dorit and Teddi is the only one carrying tales.  And to top it off, the thing she got lambasted about was effectively confessing to Dorit because it was seen as wanting to dish and then shut it down when she wants to shut it down.

How is that any different than Dorit gossiping and then believing that the only problem is the next person allowing Dorit's gossip to get back to the person being discussed?

They're all evil harpies; quite hypocritical and petty even with cameras catching every word and action said and done! Batting their eyelashes at Andy while they totally do a "bait & switch" manipulating the situation and totally deflecting an honest answer at these reunions coming up! It's going to be so fake and we all know it! No one really takes responsibility for all their actions and after a while we don't expect them to come to terms with the truth, dragging it out until clips are laid back to back embarrassing the #ell out of them! ;-)

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I see what you're saying but for some reason I'm inclined to believe that Erika wouldn't behave that way with her mom or her son either. A part of me think it's the emotional currency that probably keeps her temper in check.

This. My Satan (ex) friend NEVER unleashes her vile to her family. All those in the friend /acquaintance category BEWARE.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

Loved your entire post Mrs. Peel... and your username too.  The Emma Peel character of days gone by was truly a classy dame! 

Yep... she has said she dresses up and plays/pretends to be a character.  I don't think she even knows who she really is.  She is one of the most inauthentic human beings I've ever seen.

Go away Dorit.  I keep saying this and hoping if I say it enough it'll happen. Sigh... 

Amen & hallelujah to that! They're both doing what's expected of them; Dorit admitting a lot of it on "WWHL" the other day! Those are my impressions! ;-)

• Love 1