Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

MON MARCH 5:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 117 • NEW  Guest co-host Ana Navarro; Whoopi checks in from Los Angeles; hot items at affordable prices.

TUE MARCH 6:     SEASON 21, EPISODE 118 • NEW  Guest co-host Amber Tamblyn; author Chelsea Clinton.

WED MARCH 7:   SEASON 21, EPISODE 119 • NEW  Guest co-host Elaine Welteroth; director Ava DuVernay; actor Justin Hartley. 

THU MARCH 8:    SEASON 21, EPISODE 120 • NEW  Guest co-host Deborah Roberts; Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon.

FRI MARCH 9:      SEASON 21, EPISODE 121 • NEW  Singer Luke Bryan; hot items at affordable prices.

https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/?aid=gapzap

• Love 2

So, will Meghan dare to ask Chelsea Clinton about the fake scandal meg mentioned last week? 

Ten years ago you wouldn't stop and be interviewed by a child! How do you defend that?

Or will Meghan say they have so much in common, being born into politics?

• Love 7

I may have to take a pass on today's show because I'm still hyped up from the performances on the Oscars and I don't want Debbie Downer to ruin it for me.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I have nothing against Chelsea Clinton, I voted for her mother, but I find Chelsea to be uninspiring, bland and boring.

She is like Caroline Kennedy.  Both came from very famous accomplished parents and yet don't have that same "star power".

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

I may have to take a pass on today's show because I'm still hyped up from the performances on the Oscars and I don't want Debbie Downer to ruin it for me.  

They gave the military a tribute and yet I'm sure Meghan will still find something to complain about.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

I'm laughing because Meghan just called herself a Debbie Downer while they discussed the Oscars.

• Love 11
(edited)

Oh Meggie, in your wheelhouse doesn't mean similar, dahling!!! 

Wikipedia states: "Wheelhouses are the small enclosed parts of a bridge which historically held the ship's steering wheel." So "in someone's wheelhouse" refers to something being within one's areas of competency, like command of a ship is within a ship captain's abilities.

Edited by Medicine Crow
Thought actual meaning would be helpful.
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Oh Meggie, in your wheelhouse doesn't mean similar, dahling!!! 

Wikipedia states: "Wheelhouses are the small enclosed parts of a bridge which historically held the ship's steering wheel." So "in someone's wheelhouse" refers to something being within one's areas of competency, like command of a ship is within a ship captain's abilities.

So now she is misusing phrases.  Money can't buy brains.  Or a vocabulary.  But money can buy a dictionary and thesaurus.  Meghan would do well to buy both.

• Love 16
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh, tell me, tell me! How did she use this???

She said an ex-boyfriend had gotten a tattoo, supposedly of her face, but she said it was "in her wheelhouse" (or something to that effect).  We have "people" for exact transcriptions, LOL.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

She said an ex-boyfriend had gotten a tattoo, supposedly of her face, but she said it was "in her wheelhouse" (or something to that effect).  We have "people" for exact transcriptions, LOL.

giphy.gif  giphy.gif  giphy.gif

• Love 7
(edited)

She really thinks that she and her husband are so much better than everyone that watches The View.  

I don't think Ana thought the tattoo was of Meghan. ...her wheelhouse? 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, imjagain said:

She really thinks that she and her husband are so much better than everyone that watches The View.  

She really thinks that she and her husband are so much better than everyone period.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is like Caroline Kennedy.  Both came from very famous accomplished parents and yet don't have that same "star power".

Well, neither of them are an Ivanka!   LOL

• Love 8
(edited)

Joy made me laugh when pressed about one night stands. We share the period of time missing the free love period being married then  divorce followed by what I described as the blonde divorcee crazies. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 9
(edited)
7 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Joy made me laugh when pressed about one night stands. We share the period of time missing the free love period being married the divorce followed by what I described as the blonde divorcee crazies. 

Redhead here.  Not "crazy," but not exactly careful consideration (and I didn't drink alcohol).

17 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh Lord that dress that Whoopie wore to the Oscars. Poor thing.

and she thought Christian Siriano was her friend.

On 3/3/2018 at 9:35 AM, blondiec0332 said:

Will Meghan be pissy to Adam Ripon?

I might have to be pissy to Adam regarding his Oscaregalia.

worstdressed2.jpg

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh Lord that dress that Whoopie wore to the Oscars. Poor thing.

Be happy it wasn't a white shirt and that gray scarf.

(I kind of like it.)

• Love 6

So who is MM's ex that has a tattoo of her/her initials (known by Ana so runs in those R pundit circles)? Funny when she said that "Take a little time to enjoy The View" might be something she'd get tattooed as a tramp stamp after some bourbon. 

• Love 2

Whoopi did not look great in that dress.  There are many ways Siriano could have gone but I think his use of a very full skirt was to minimize her waist and general size.  I love the guy but this was a fail for me.  He has become the go to guy for plus size.  He should have gone funky, not pretty. 

Meggie is such a bore.  Damn I hope her contract is done soon.  Turning bright red when the talk turns to sex is a sign of immaturity not cute nor funny as she seems to think. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

She said her ex had her face or a blond woman tattooed on his arm (?) which is "kinda in my wheelhouse".  Being a blond woman is in your wheelhouse?  I never thought I would say this but I think  her word salads are worse than Elisabeth's.

2 minutes ago, Wings said:

Meggie is such a bore.  Damn I hope her contract is done soon.  Turning bright red when the talk turns to sex is a sign of immaturity not cute nor funny as she seems to think. 

She blushes when talking about sex but thinks if women want to have one night stands they shouldn't be looked down upon?  I agree with her but I find it odd she is embarrassed about talking about sex but apparently thinks it's OK to be so free with it.  

• Love 8
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Wings said:

And she was screaming like a two-year old having a tantrum in a store, hands and feet stamping and flailing last Friday, when she was SCREECHING that she didn't want to talk about sex. To the point of widening her blouse so that EVERYONE could see how red she was getting. 

Honey, if that's how you feel, then you need to either SUCK IT UP or leave, because this show ALWAYS talks about sex.

9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She said her ex had her face or a blond woman tattooed on his arm (?) which is "kinda in my wheelhouse".  Being a blond woman is in your wheelhouse?  I never thought I would say this but I think  her word salads are worse than Elisabeth's.

She blushes when talking about sex but thinks if women want to have one night stands they shouldn't be looked down upon?  I agree with her but I find it odd she is embarrassed about talking about sex but apparently thinks it's OK to be so free with it.  

Oh Good Lord. Have Mercy. She IS worse than Elizabeth. Because at least Bitsy stuck to words she knew the meaning of. Meghan just seems to throw out words in the wrong context "touting Hillary Clinton" at the Grammys, when she CLEARLY meant "trotting." And now the latest, "wheelhouse."  And mispronounces them.  I realllyyyy hate to use this term, but she keeps proving it over and over again, every damn day, but Meghan is a DUMB BLONDE.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Elisabeth also more or less knew she was a "talk show co host".  She wouldn't have described herself as a political commentator or pundit or whatever Meghan described herself as a couple weeks ago.

Analyst!  And don't forget that again. 

• Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan can't spell analyst let alone be one.

Irrelevant,  she thinks she is.  Perception is reality, doesn't matter if no one agees with you. And you have to mention your title every episode.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4

Today’s show was fun.

Thought it spoke volumes when MM mentioned nobody watching the View would also be watching whatever show her husband was on AND that he has made her more conservative\gives her talking points!

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Today’s show was fun.

Thought it spoke volumes when MM mentioned nobody watching the View would also be watching whatever show her husband was on AND that he has made her more conservative\gives her talking points!

Jesus I forgot about that!  Thanks.  LOL

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Today’s show was fun.

So, her husband/man does speak for her, after all?

Remember, she nastily told Sunny a few weeks ago "No MAN speaks for me!"

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think she meant that the tattoo was in the ball park.

4 hours ago, Wings said:

Whoopi did not look great in that dress.  There are many ways Siriano could have gone but I think his use of a very full skirt was to minimize her waist and general size.  I love the guy but this was a fail for me.  He has become the go to guy for plus size.  He should have gone funky, not pretty. 

I love Christian Siriano and I choose to believe that Whoopi designed the dress (told him what she wanted) and Siriano executed the plan. The dress was very Whoopi. Y'know, she always tends to wear tacky evening gowns.

• Love 12

Oh I adore Siriano as well, he is a very talented pixie, but that dress on Whoopie was butt ugly. Horrible. She must have chosen that horrible fabric as well. Oh,, and Whoopie, your tats ARE GROSS.  Stay in L.A. for the week will ya?

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, geekburger said:

Today’s show was fun.

I just watched today's show.  I came over here to scream that I was insulted by her remark.  I have many degrees including a masters.  I have dedicated my career to working in public service and even though I have retired I am now subbing in my local public schools.  I read about 60 books a year and have already read 10 books since the beginning of the year, thank you Goodreads for keeping track.  I am eclectic in my reading, documentaries and other interests.  How dare she say that no one in the audience of the viewing public is not serious enough to watch political discussion shows.  How many times does she have to snub her nose at viewers of ABC for them to see she is ruining their brand?

Of course her husband givers/alters her talking points - talking points - I hate the phrase as The View is supposed to be a talk show.  I have seen her, over the past few years, swing wildly in her opinion.  Normally this would be ok because people do grow and change but she just confirmed what I thought she is bought and paid for.

Loved Whoopi's tour and loved the mysterious stuff that happened.  Yes ghosts, aliens and other conspiracy theories are part of my eclectic interests.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 16
(edited)
13 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Didn’t like Ana’s outfit & hair today.  Kind of prissy.

I thought she looked like a governess. Maybe ABC wanted an in-show advert for Mary Poppins Returns?

With Whoopi out of the building, Ana at the table, and Meghan not as much of a bitch as usual, the show was more fun than expected. Ana got the best moment of the show during the tattoo talk. Joy's mortified reaction to a fan with a tattoo of her was how I would be.

After their sex discussion on Friday came across as a scripted moment to humanize Meghan, I can't help feeling her lightheartedness today was manufactured. ABC must realize the viewers hate Meghan by now and she's doing damage control either to save her job or because TPTB ordered her to. I despised Jedidiah during her turn on The View, but in general she didn't seem to inspire as strong of a reaction online as Meghan has. Who knows, maybe they could've smacked her down for her hysterical meltdown over the Oscars on Friday, considering it aired on ABC and she is an ABC employee? How many ways is she going to damage the network before they give her the hard, swift kick out the door she deserves?

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10

I missed the show yesterday, but see y'all talking about Whoopi's dress. I had the red carpet show on Sunday night, and saw that dress! I kept thinking "is that actually Whoopi?" It was quite a change from her wardrobe choice on The View!

Did they by any chance mention Sara yesterday?  I was surprised to see she was doing red carpet interviews Sunday night, so wondering if that means she'll be back to The View soon.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, geekburger said:

She thinks she is enlightening all of us uninformed viewers with the truth.  In her mind she is probably doing "God's work".

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Did they by any chance mention Sara yesterday?  I was surprised to see she was doing red carpet interviews Sunday night, so wondering if that means she'll be back to The View soon.

Yes. Whoopi mentioned her and also said that she would be coming back soon. That Sara looked great and that Whoopi couldn't wait until she returned.

What I loved about yesterday's show was how Joy called Whoopi "babe" during the opening of the second segment when Whoopi came on to talk about the Oscars. 

And I know I keep saying this, but Meghan can just SHUT IT with the pearl clutching and whining about not being able to watch Award shows anymore because "everything is so politicized" and she thinks it's because of who is President now. NO. Comedians always mock EVERYONE. No one is safe. Clinton got it, Bush got it, Obama got it. 45 wasn't chosen because of who he is. And if she bothered to watch, she would know this.

I was with Ana--I expected more biting commentary/jokes at the Oscars. Kimmel actually pulled his punches.

I also agree with @TheGreenKnight, that without Whoopi, the show isn't as tense. It just flowed so much more smoothly with Joy as moderator.

I did like the bit with Whoopi talking about The Color Purple, Ghost, and Airplane! And I've experienced a couple of, let's say paranormal moments, so found the picture almost falling and the lights going out, very woo-woo! And Whoopi also seemed so much more relaxed.

Oh, and guess what, Meghan? People who watch the morning political shows, who are conservatives, also go to the movies and also watch award shows? How she must love living inside that bubble of hers.

And no, Meghan, an ex-boyfriend getting a tattoo of another blonde after you broke up, is not considered "in my wheelhouse." And what happened to her statement that she was all "Scorching Earth" with exes? That, like Sunny, when it's over, it's OVER, and there's no such thing as being friends with exes, yet there she went on and on, about how the ex who got a tattoo of her name on his arm, was "nice" and "we're still friends" bullshit.

I so wanted Joy to say "So WHAAAT? Who CAAARES?" when she was shown how a fan had a tattoo of her face on his biceps!

And I laughed when Joy burst Meghan's "gotcha!" balloon, when she in fact, admitted she (Joy) probably did have one night stands after her divorce.

• Love 11