Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Well, I'd like to hear Chelsea Clinton (She was on Colbert last night. She looks and sounds just like her mother. CC was incredibly thoughtful, intelligent and articulate.), but, I can't watch MM.

Wonder if they'll bring up Tamblyn's yesterday's tweets-controversy.

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes. Whoopi mentioned her and also said that she would be coming back soon. That Sara looked great and that Whoopi couldn't wait until she returned.

Actually she said, "We'll get her back when we get her back".  So who knows how long that will be.   

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Actually she said, "We'll get her back when we get her back".  So who knows how long that will be.   

Right. She'll be back by the end of the month, I suspect. If she's taking the full three months maternity. But the tone in Whoopi's voice--it sounded like to me, she would be glad when Sara would return, whenever that may be.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Sunny: I don't watch The Bachelor...

Whoopi: I don't buy that for a second.

Welcome back, Whoopi.

Shut up, Whoopi!

I believe Sunny. Why? Because I and the rest of the world, know what kind of show that is, and the antics and behavior that the women get up to, is something that Sunny would not like and question WHY? Why women debase themselves this way? WHY they act this way? For some GUY they don't even know, let alone in love with? Just based on how she was raised.

And Whoopi SAYS she doesn't watch it either. And why should we believe HER?

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Welcome back, Whoopi.

Sunny doesn't like cheating or people being overly affectionate with multiple people in public. She loves romance, but the Bachelor is sleezy. I can definitely believe that she wouldn't watch a show like that.

I watched one season (The one with jesse palmer) and was confused as to how these girls fell in love with a guy who was essentially dating around. In real life the Bachelor would be a skeezy partner, but on the show he's the man of some people's dreams. I don't get it.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Welcome back, Whoopi.

I don't watch the Bachelor.  Whoopi and Joy don't watch the Bachelor.  Why is it so unbelievable to Whoopi that Sunny doesn't watch the Bachelor?  Sara and Meghan I would believe watch Bachelor.  

11 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

with a guy who was essentially dating around

That is the polite way to put it.

• Love 9
(edited)

Great. Another round of Whoopi's contemptuous Valley Girl reality TV voice. Why not let someone else handle it then? It was nice to see a less-cynical Whoopi discuss the impact that actors have, though. 

I actually agree with Meghan that the media should wait until the Mueller investigation is complete, or at least avoid muddying the waters with all this rumor-mongering and supposition.

I'm glad that Chelsea refused to speak for Republicans (wtf, Meghan?). Imagine that. Chelsea Clinton does not begin every political thought with As a Democrat or As a Clinton. Meghan was pretty quiet during this interview,  other than her weird-ass 85% percent question and the prompt about the Brazilian soccer player.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I'm glad that Chelsea refused to speak for Republicans (wtf, Meghan?). Imagine that. Chelsea Clinton does not begin every political thought with As a Democrat or As a Clinton. Meghan was pretty quiet during this interview,  other than her weird-ass 85% percent question and the prompt about the Brazilian soccer player.

Yup. Why in the world would Chelsea speak on why republicans voted for Trump? The second time around she had to make it even more simple for Meghan to understand, saying that she's not a republican and wouldn't speak on their behalf. 

• Love 18
(edited)

cChelsea did well answering Meghan's stupid question. So Sunny brings up the issue of Ivanka not discussing questions about her father and again Chelsea answers with grace. I sooooo expected Meghan to butt in with a snide remark about Chelsea not answering question about her father but she let it go.  (See what I did there?)

Yup. Why in the world would Chelsea speak on why republicans voted for Trump? The second time around she had to make it even more simple for Meghan to understand, saying that she's not a republican and wouldn't speak on their behalf. 

Meghan was waiting for Chelsea to say something negative about Republicans or Trump supporters so she (MM) could jump on her and claim they are victims of Democratic antagonism.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I actually agree with Meghan that the media should wait until the Mueller investigation is complete, or at least avoid muddying the waters with all this rumor-mongering and supposition.

And yet she was pushing Congressman Schiff for an answer and DETAILS just last week about said investigation!

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan mentions that Trump has an 85 percent approval rating among republicans (key: REPUBLICANS, Meghan) and asks Chelsea what they see in Trump that democrats cannot. Chelsea gives her an answer. Meghan presses for an answer again by saying that 85 percent is a really high number. Chelsea again answers, saying that she can't speak for anybody but herself and that she isn't a republican. 

Meghan should know the answer to that question. Isn't she the one who says she understands Trump voters?  And are we to believe Meghan now falls in that 85%?

• Love 19
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And yet she was pushing Congressman Schiff for an answer and DETAILS just last week about said investigation!

Ha!  That's right!  She was ready for everything to come out and be ended immediately. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Even that was somewhat understandable, IMO, because Schiff would have been able to provide more facts and not rumors. However, our Gotcha Girl Journalist acted like Schiff was a complete fraud because he didn't want to share details with her.

I did laugh when Chelsea went to hug Meghan and said "I never met you but . . ." It's like she was trying to forestall the a-friend-of-mine crap.

• Love 10
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

cChelsea did well answering Meghan's stupid question. So Sunny brings up the issue of Ivanka not discussing questions about her father and again Chelsea answers with grace. I sooooo expected Meghan to butt in with a snide remark about Chelsea not answering question about her father but she let it go.  (See what I did there?)

Meghan was waiting for Chelsea to say something negative about Republicans or Trump supporters so she (MM) could jump on her and claim they are victims of Democratic antagonism.

I hate to give MM any credit for having the intelligence to understand, but, maybe, she understands the hypocrisy of criticizing anyone's family (parents) for infidelity and is afraid to open that can of worms on herself. 

CC was correct about Ivanka. She said the same elsewhere. Yes. I watched CC today on The View-- only her segment. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 4

Gosh, was Chelsea sitting on phone books during the first segment? Her waist was almost the same level as Sunny's shoulders.

At least they fixed her chair after the commercial.

• Love 3
Just now, Vanderboom said:

Even that was somewhat understandable, IMO, because Schiff would have been able to provide more facts and not rumors.

Here we disagree. I don't think Warner or Schiff or anyone involved in the investigation should reveal WHAT they have until they're done. Considering the current climate we live in, if the facts leak out or are revealed, it will be a disaster. I look at it from a criminal trial perspective: the prosecutors don't reveal to the media or public, what evidence they have that they will use against the Defendant, until after the trial is over. No chance of taint or trying the case in the court of public opinion. It happens in regular investigations and trials more often than I like, and with social media? I would prefer the tighter the lid is kept, the better.

But that's just me.

Just now, AdeleDazeem said:

I hate to give MM any credit for having the intelligence to understand, but, maybe, she understands the hypocrisy of criticizing anyone's family for infidelity and is afraid to open that can of worms on herself. 

No, she doesn't. Because she brings up Lewinsky all the time and Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton whenever it comes up. Of course, she couches it around Clinton being a rapist and abuser.

• Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Here we disagree. I don't think Warner or Schiff or anyone involved in the investigation should reveal WHAT they have until they're done. Considering the current climate we live in, if the facts leak out or are revealed, it will be a disaster. I look at it from a criminal trial perspective: the prosecutors don't reveal to the media or public, what evidence they have that they will use against the Defendant, until after the trial is over. No chance of taint or trying the case in the court of public opinion. It happens in regular investigations and trials more often 

No, she doesn't. Because she brings up Lewinsky all the time and Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton whenever it comes up. Of course, she couches it around Clinton being a rapist and abuser.

Oh, I guess I don't watch enough to know.  She's (MM) vile. I agree about BC, if assault was involved. I dont know the truth. Not ML, though. That was consensual adults.

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 3
(edited)

Oh! I can't believe I forgot to mention this from yesterday: I HOWLED ??????when Ana said how presently, with all her traveling, the time she and her man have any sex feel like one night stands!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13

Meghan said an 85% approval rating for Trump by Republicans is high. Why does she find it surprising the President has a high approval rating by his own party?  President Obama had an average 83% approval rating among Democrats during his time in office.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, General Days said:

We're you watching or are you at work and just reacting to the convo, here? Sunny got very into The Bachelor season finale, last night. She and Meghan were texting (or maybe tweeting, I haven't looked) and watching, and Sunny talked about how it sucked her in, made her feel bad for one of the women, dislike the man, etc.

While I was watching, I felt like Whoopi was teasing Sunny, not doubting her in any mean way. 

I think you mean were! (no apostrophe as that changes it to we are! hee! Sorry, grammar Nazi here). And I'm at work and my response was based on the comments by @Alexis2291. Man, I just want to yell WHY!!???????????????????????? At Sunny for even allowing herself to get sucked in.

• Love 3

I think Whoopi was disbelieving that Sunny doesn't watch the Bachelor on a regular basis.

But Whoopi was spot on about the women on the Bachelor using their appearance to further their "careers".  Are we sure she doesn't watch the Bachelor?

• Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, General Days said:

While I was watching, I felt like Whoopi was teasing Sunny, not doubting her in any mean way. 

Maybe I'm just used to Whoopi being rude to Sunny because I interpreted her comment and tone a bit differently. 

29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I'm at work and my response was based on the comments by @Alexis2291.

See above.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 5

It actually seems like Whoopi has watched the Bachelor before. Sunny doesn't seem like the type to watch it, but I guess Meghan sucked her into it and she decided to take a look. If this was her first time watching it, then it's a bad time to get in. All of them are a bad time to get in. The only reality show that I got into that had this premise was For Love or Money, because seeing someone choose money over love was fun to watch. And having people thinking, "Do they really love me, or do they just want to win a quarter of a million dollars?" That show was fun. The Bachelor, not so much, but For Love or Money was quality TV.

Whoopi predicated that the girl will probably be the next Bachelorette and I think she's right.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan truly thinks she can pull a "gotcha" on someone but she fails every. single. time. 

She's using her husband's talking points. The same husband who got canned after three days with the Washington Post for plagiarism. The same Meghan who says no man speaks for her.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think Whoopi was disbelieving that Sunny doesn't watch the Bachelor on a regular basis.

But Whoopi was spot on about the women on the Bachelor using their appearance to further their "careers".  Are we sure she doesn't watch the Bachelor?

Yes, that was it.  Because they clearly went to her, because she watched the finale and live-texted with Meghan.  Difficult to tell if Whoopi was good naturedly teasing her, or was making a dig, because Whoopi so often is quite rude to Sunny.

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Chelsea did well answering Meghan's stupid question. So Sunny brings up the issue of Ivanka not discussing questions about her father and again Chelsea answers with grace. I sooooo expected Meghan to butt in with a snide remark about Chelsea not answering question about her father but she let it go.  (See what I did there?)

I noticed that after Chelsea answered, Sunny turned to Meghan, so I thought she would ask a follow up question about Chelsea refusing to answer the 9 year old reporter.  But that didn't happen, so did she chicken out?  Or did Sunny turn to her as in, there, you have your answer.  It was a bit odd.

I wish they would have explained where Whoopi was after the red carpet. Yesterday, she said she couldn't sit in those seats in the auditorium because of her stupid dress.  And Amber asked her if she had seen Jordan Peele give her a shout out, and that was in the post Oscar press interviews.  Where the heck was she all that time?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm happy Sara's coming back, but I'll miss having Ana co-host, too. I'll keep hoping she takes Meghan's chair next season.

I don't wish ill on Sen. McCain at all, but when he passes, I have to believe Meghan will leave the show. Not for any reason except it's really hard to carry on after losing a parent you are close to. I lost my mom at the end of 2016, and I'm just now able to be composed in public again. And as insufferable as I find Meghan on the show, I do give her props for giving it her all. She is a True Believer - she isn't just phoning it in. I don't know what role she sees herself playing, but she's wholly invested.

As someone who similarly wears my emotions right out there for the world to see, I can't imagine her coming back to The View after losing someone she idolizes and loves.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Maybe I'm just used to Whoopi being rude to Sunny because I interpreted her comment and tone a bit differently. 

See above.

Whoopi was rude imo. Like she always is. I'm sure she thinks only some air head would get invested in that show and we all can tell she is plenty disrespectful towards Sunny, on the regular, so nothing new imo..

MM loves Real howives show as I do. I know they are ridiculous but sometimes you need to watch ridiculous and drink a couple glasses wine  at the end of the day. No shame. Whoopi is just way to evolved  for stuff like that...whatever. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, that was it.  Because they clearly went to her, because she watched the finale and live-texted with Meghan.  Difficult to tell if Whoopi was good naturedly teasing her, or was making a dig, because Whoopi so often is quite rude to Sunny.

Yeah, exactly. For me it was also hard to figure out whether Whoopi's joke was meant in jest or if she was saying it to be rude to Sunny.

4 minutes ago, bannana said:

I noticed that after Chelsea answered, Sunny turned to Meghan, so I thought she would ask a follow up question about Chelsea refusing to answer the 9 year old reporter.  But that didn't happen, so did she chicken out?  Or did Sunny turn to her as in, there, you have your answer.  It was a bit odd.

I fully expected Meghan to bring up the thing about the child reporter that she wasn't afraid to bring up last week but oddly, not a peep from her. I figure she chickened out.

• Love 9

I noticed that after Chelsea answered Sunny's question about "inappropriate questions", it appeared that Sunny was going to say something else but "zipped it".  Did anyone else catch that & wonder why she didn't continue??

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Difficult to tell if Whoopi was good naturedly teasing her, or was making a dig, because Whoopi so often is quite rude to Sunny.

It's sad that the millions (probably) of people who revere and admire Whoopi because of her various wonderful movie roles don't see her for the cruel bitch she really is...like we do.   I AM an admirer of her as an actress; that's it.

• Love 10

This is a dumb question. Whoopi has mentioned quite a few times that she was being blackballed or blacklisted when Barbara Walters hired her. What did she allegedly do?

(edited)

Meghan and Sunny are BFFs and that means Sara can’t come back fast enough.

I did like that MM said she won’t be shamed for watching the Bachelor despite Whoopis Valley Girl mocking of it.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think you mean were! (no apostrophe as that changes it to we are! hee! Sorry, grammar Nazi here). And I'm at work and my response was based on the comments by @Alexis2291. Man, I just want to yell WHY!!???????????????????????? At Sunny for even allowing herself to get sucked in.

Yeah, I know. That was a mindless error. I kind of figured you hadn't gotten to see it yet. It wasn't a case of Whoopi giving Sunny shit in a shade way. It was the way you might tease a friend (at least, I thought so). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I noticed that after Chelsea answered Sunny's question about "inappropriate questions", it appeared that Sunny was going to say something else but "zipped it".  Did anyone else catch that & wonder why she didn't continue??

It looked to me like Sunny turned to MM to indicate that she had finished her question and was turning it over to her. Then Whoppie quickly jumped in with another topic. Maybe she sensed how wrong things cold go and wanted to avert a potential disaster. For them ,  not us. I thought it was a pretty strange moment.

• Love 8

Well I guess the infamous Bush joke that Whoopie made actually forced her to go completely off her diet with the wonderful Slim Fast product. As Joy would say, so what, who cares, like you would ever lose weight on Slim Fast Whoopie.  Now we know why the Whoopster has gained so much weight over the past 14 years. She was being treated so badly by Slim Fast. Snort Snort. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, geekburger said:

Meghan and Sunny are BFFs and that means Sara can’t come back fast enough.

I did like that MM said she won’t be shamed for watching the Bachelor despite Whoopis Valley Girl mocking of it.

Woohoo!  Sara -H is back!  She looked great at the red carpet

• Love 7
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Shut up, Whoopi!

I believe Sunny. Why? Because I and the rest of the world, know what kind of show that is, and the antics and behavior that the women get up to, is something that Sunny would not like and question WHY? Why women debase themselves this way? WHY they act this way? For some GUY they don't even know, let alone in love with? Just based on how she was raised.

And Whoopi SAYS she doesn't watch it either. And why should we believe HER?

Quoting myself because I just watched the show and I take back EVERYTHING I posted above.

Yes, Whoopi was snarking at Sunny, but Sunny fucking deserved it. This time.  Going on and on how the woman who got rejected after being proposed to, only to have the jackass say he wanted the other woman, and that HER (the rejected one) feelings were REAL!???? She was IN LOOOOOOOVE! ????? What utter bullshit. It's a fucking SCRIPTED TRASHY Reality show! I loved Joy telling Sunny to get over it and grow up.

It figures that Meghan loves this kind of show. And she also contradicted herself AGAIN. Said how when she thought about getting married years ago, blah, blah. What I'm talking about is how she has said repeatedly on this show, right after she got married, was how she DIDN'T BELIEVE IN MARRIAGE and NEVER WANTED TO GET MARRIED. Which one is it, Meghan? And then the WRONG use of barren. You do NOT have a barren womb if you're not pregnant, you nimrodic MAROON. You have a barren womb when you CAN'T have children. It's the female equivalent of being sterile. 

And AGAIN, just because you live in town x, it doesn't mean that every.single.other.person that lives there is like you, or nice, or whatever. Like I refuse to believe that EVERYONE in either Sedona, Scotsdale, or wherever your father's ranch is actually located, has people who are as narrow minded, vile and hateful as you. So just stop with the FAKE, and insincere outrage.

I'm sooooo disappointed in y'all, that none of you pointed that out for me today before I got home to watch! ?????

Loved how classy Chelsea was with Meghan. And oh yeah, she chickened out. I wonder why she didn't persist and ask the question about the CHILD reporter, since she was hyperventilating over it last week.

And yup, Meghan contradicted herself with saying that "we" should wait for Mueller to finish his investigation. When she was talking about rumors, etc., she was talking about not listening to 45's people who are going out and saying ambiguous stuff and rumors. And sorry Sunny, but CNN wasn't being exploitive. Like Nunberg is some naive podunk peon, who wasn't media savvy. PUHLEAZE. Who's to say by the time he was doing the show with Erin, he decided to say 'fuck it' and take a slug or two of alcohol? EXPLOITIVE, MY ASS.

I loved Joy's story of how she got white hair being worried until the red hair grew in! She's so relatable and has the best stories!???????

48 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Well I guess the infamous Bush joke that Whoopie made actually forced her to go completely off her diet with the wonderful Slim Fast product.

No, they pulled their endorsement, or didn't want her endorsing their product after that happened. And I guess she thought she wouldn't eat their product. IF she ever did.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, bannana said:

I think Sunny asked the question to set up Meghan, really. She probably thought Meghan wouldn't be able to resist going for it and that would have put Meghan's lie last week under a spotlight. Too bad it didn't work this time. Sunny plays the game low-key, lol, which is why I like her. It's the same way she is with Whoopi: she rarely goes up against her directly because she doesn't want to end up like Paula. Instead she'll say something vague or ask a particular question that will lead the discussion a certain direction (like a teacher would do in a classroom).

I know she and Meghan talk about going out for drinks all the time, but I see Sunny as a "friends close, enemies closer" kind of person, lol.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm sooooo disappointed in y'all, that none of you pointed that out for me today before I got home to watch! ?????

I think you should take it as "us all" respecting your opinion, no????

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I don't wish ill on Sen. McCain at all, but when he passes, I have to believe Meghan will leave the show. Not for any reason except it's really hard to carry on after losing a parent you are close to. I lost my mom at the end of 2016, and I'm just now able to be composed in public again. And as insufferable as I find Meghan on the show, I do give her props for giving it her all. She is a True Believer - she isn't just phoning it in. I don't know what role she sees herself playing, but she's wholly invested.

As someone who similarly wears my emotions right out there for the world to see, I can't imagine her coming back to The View after losing someone she idolizes and loves.

I have the same feeling. Not only because she will need time to grieve, but it would be such bad form to let her go while he is still alive. She will need an out, whether it's when he is near death, or gone. I hate saying that, but she is so NOT cut out for this job. It's just that she is much more high-profile than say, Jed, who they dismissed with no notice or fanfare whatsoever. I don't see that happening with Meghan, because of her pedigree, and out of respect for her father. Without him, and his current delicate situation, I think she'd be gone already. 

• Love 7