Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

There are going to be more and more "funky" sleeves on everyone.  The flared and bell sleeves are being pushed upon us.

Cut-out shoulders...i like them on spring or summery blouses, but this winter I've seen them on sweaters and even on jackets. I don't think any of the ladies have worn the cut-out shoulders on the show.

5 hours ago, Jaded said:

Did anyone else notice that Luke put his hand on MM more then once? I know of him and his family's turbulence even I'm not really a country music listener. I don't know if he's usually touchy-feely like that though. 

Maybe he's "a great friend of hers."

4 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Re:  Luke's comment about being gentle with contestants - some of those people need some tough love.  I don't think they should be encouraged when they have zero talent.  I don't really think Simon was that mean.

Oh, I hope they're not too nice. It's the reason I cannot get into The Voice--to much niceness. I need judges with snark. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Ditto.....The crap that Whoopie wears makes me puke, and MM always looks like a stuffed derma. 

They both are very zaftig and clothes just don't  look  good on them!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Because she's a coward. The same with Chelsea Clinton earlier this week. But she's a touch chick supposedly!

I think there is something in MM that wants to be in with "celebs" no matter how snide she is. I remember  she was so bitter when talking about Ivanka and Jared.  That they had to choose they couldn't still be part of fancy NYC parties and be part of this administration,  right or wrong she seems jealous and wants to be included with celebs, at least that how I see it. And that why she didn't go after the ice skater,  sorry I can't seem to remember his name.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

I think there is something in MM that wants to be in with "celebs" no matter how snide she is. I remember  she was so bitter when talking about Ivanka and Jared.  That they had to choose they couldn't still be part of fancy NYC parties and be part of this administration,  right or wrong she seems jealous and wants to be included with celebs, at least that how I see it. And that why she didn't go after the ice skater,  sorry I can't seem to remember his name.

Exactly, she wants to be a part of the elite crowd in Hollywood and New York.  It burns her, to her soul, that they want nothing to do with her...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Fannysue said:

I think some guidance would help them.  Clothes need proper fit - not tight & no low cut tops (this is for MM, WG is a whole other story).

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yet she sat at the table with him yesterday and didn’t say a peep. 

I don't get it. She doesn't mind grilling Adam Schiff or Valerie Jarrett, but she's afraid to confront Adam Rippon?

Rippon is very clever. If she had been an ass to him, but could rip her a new one in a funny way. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Fannysue said:

I always worry about W's shoulders or bone strength. When she gets to layering...shirt, sweatshirt, sweater, afghan, scarf....Im burning up just thinking about it all.  How does she not get hot?

18 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't think Meghan knew what "going commando" means.  When Luke Bryan was asked about it (boxers, briefs, or commando), Meghan said, "commando?"  like she had never heard of it.

Oh she knows. Just playing the southern belle wont not say such a thing.  A bit TMI for her.

• Love 7

Just caught up on Thursday and Friday - I don't know why I bother since MM makes me want to smack her.  I am non violent in any form for cripes sake.

The petty, on MM's part, discussion of feminism and the women's movement:  She has told us many times that she and her husband are not planning on having children.  I therefor infer that they are using contraception.  It took women decades to be able to speak about and be supplied with contraception.  MM is against Planned Parenthood for their inclusion excludes her and others from calling themselves feminist and joining in the women's movement.  Am I the only one that sees the hypocrisy of this?  I can't be!  Is contraception not for regular women who no longer have it available on their health plans?

Just by sitting at the table without men there to "control" them is feminism - oh wait, talking points from dad and husband?  MM talks all the time about how her husband lets her be independent - ok, lets her be????  At least she doesn't have to report to her husband about her actions because it would endanger his job - ok, maybe she isn't a feminist.

I was shocked that Deborah Roberts doesn't say she is a feminist.  Not one person in my family, male or female, says that.

I can't!

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I chuckle to myself when I hear women say this...especially women who are NOW receiving the benefits of all the wars (via marches, speakers, articles, books, teachers/professors, politicians, etc.) fought on their behalf.  It feels just like saying, "I'm not a Civil Rights supporter."   Many are not "feminists" the way people like Rush Limbaugh et al have denigrated the word.  And PLEEZE, do not mention opening doors; that has nothing to do with feminism.  That's simply common courtesy.  Those so-called feminists who balk at having doors opened just don't get it.  Walk through the door; open a door for another.

1st bold - me too girly girl!

2nd bold - It's common courtesy and manners.  It's not rocket science.

• Love 11

But it is a whole bunch of muddying the waters and distraction, ensuring that cooperation and commonality are scarce, which is the point of it all.

Damn, Deborah Roberts is dumb.

Edited by Dahlia
Punctuation
  • Love 9

In that conversation re feminism, didn't Elsa say that only two women on the panel the day before identified themselves as feminists.  So for sure Joy, Whoopi and Sunny said they were feminists.  Deborah and Elsa said they were not.  Did I mishear this?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, bannana said:

In that conversation re feminism, didn't Elsa say that only two women on the panel the day before identified themselves as feminists.  So for sure Joy, Whoopi and Sunny said they were feminists.  Deborah and Elsa said they were not.  Did I mishear this?

No Whoopi claimed she wasn't and her mother wasn't because of race. Smh.

I hate that the word has been demonized.  It so ridiculous.  Of course  Meghan was all to happy to announce only 2 women at the table called themselves femanist , for her it was a win. I'm growing incredibly tired of the Meghan McCain show. I can't stand the way Whoopi looks a MM the whole time (WG) she is rambling on. Almost looking for approval,  as to not offered Tough chick Meghan. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

No Whoopi claimed she wasn't and her mother wasn't because of race. Smh.

I hate that the word has been demonized.  It so ridiculous. 

Regardless of whether you identify yourself as feminist or not it's all about how you live your life. Whoopi girl you are a feminist.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Regardless of whether you identify yourself as feminist or not it's all about how you live your life. Whoopi girl you are a feminist.

As well as reaping the rewards of past feminists.....like freedom of choice; legal safe abortions; female anchors/radio voices;  putting legal docs on credit/housing/cars in your own name, not husband or father or brother;  admission to law/medical/divinical schools; etc.   It's been a fucking long hard road and continues, just like civil rights and LGBTQ rights.   

It would be great for someone like Joy or Sunny to have the chutzpah to tell  Whoopi, MM, and Deborah what they would be missing without the progress made by feminists.   Actually, decrying the term "feminist" is piss-poor example of how misogyny is still acceptable. 

When is Gloria Steinem coming on again?

• Love 13
3 hours ago, imjagain said:

No Whoopi claimed she wasn't and her mother wasn't because of race.

Although I grew up with many Mexican-American kids (Phoenix), I didn't learn (or even notice) until YEARS later that those girls...women felt excluded from the women's movement.  They were involved in actions and organizing for simple everyday civil rights, so "women's lib" wasn't a priority.  I'm ashamed.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Although I grew up with many Mexican-American kids (Phoenix), I didn't learn (or even notice) until YEARS later that those girls...women felt excluded from the women's movement.  They were involved in actions and organizing for simple everyday civil rights, so "women's lib" wasn't a priority.  I'm ashamed.

Absolutely. Yeah i dont even know if i think my mom felt left out she just had to get on with the business at hand. I'm Mexican-American  as was my mother and while she would never  have called  her self a feminist or a say she was a part of women's lib (she did love Maude lol ) during the years late 60-80's she was raising us and working her ass off to provide for us,  she knew she was strong and had to do what she had to do and didn't have the luxury to depend on a man to help her.  

Idk something about whoopi saying she wasn't a feminist  just made me smh because as joy pointed out your mom might have not called herself a feminist but she was. And that how I feel about my mother of course WG said no. Idk.

• Love 8
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, General Days said:

Thank you! This is the reason I logged on, despite deciding to take a break, because I get political even when I don't mean to.

What was with those earrings? Her hair was cute, and while that teal sweater didn't flatter her figure, the color was fantastic on her, and then she had her grandma's tack chandeliers hanging from her ears. If she'd just worn some big, gold hoops, she'd have had a cute weekend look.

I kept thinking she must think the earrings would distract from her weight, or something, because I just couldn't get the point.

Typically, larger busted women look larger with loose sweaters like Meghan was wearing (speaking from experience), but I actually found she looked better in profile than when she's wearing her overly restrictive, tight clothing, and I'm assuming, spanx.   I think the difficulty in moving and breathing may contribute to her constant hostile behavior.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, backformore said:

AND -  how the hell  many times did Paula TRY to talk and Meghan holds up a finger in that "wait a minute"  gesture, or just talks right over her?  Oh, and she did it to Sunny, too.  

AM I the only one who noticed that MM's horrible earrings disappeared after the first segment?   

I immediately assumed her husband had texted his daily "talking points" during the break.  But I'm with what was posted above that Meghan wore the earrings and hair down during an earlier Luke Bryan interview, and forgot to remove the earrings at the start of show - how that happened while the hair stylist was creating that complicated tortured hair style is beyond me.  So I'm again leaning toward she removed those earrings at hubby's "suggestion".   Interesting though that she wanted Luke to see her with her hair down.  

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, merriebreeze said:

So MM really thinks she won that round? (when Valerie J came back after break and explained that she was not drawing a moral equivalency between Louis F and the Kochs and Murdoch) That snarky laugh was so childish, but typical mean girl Meghan. 

There was something far more complex going on in that moment and I rewound to try to figure it out.  After the break, Meghan actually quietly listens in a semi-respectful manner when Valerie clarified.  It was when Joy said something like, "yeah we all knew that", that Meghan began the sarcastic cackle, at which point Joy made the weird face at Meghan.  Then Meghan cackled again and even Sunny was smiling, and Paula tried to interject something like, "that topic will continue all day".  Something happened during the break, obviously, but for once I don't think Meghan was being rude toward Valerie - although it certainly ended up looking that way.  I think Meghan's sarcasm was aimed at Joy and/or whatever production interjected during the break.  It seemed more lighthearted than Meghan's typical maliciousness.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, NotinKansasanymore said:

For me the problem wasn't that Tamika attended one of his speeches, it was when she posted a picture of herself with Farrakhan, and stated that he was GOAT (Greatest of All Time).

If you believe a man who says, Hitler was great. Who talks about Jewish people being Satanic. Who openly is against gay marriage, believes homosexuality is a sin. If you believe a homophobic, anti semitic person is one of the Greatest of All Time, then no, I don't believe you should be leading a movement on equality and empowerment.

This is a huge distraction and will be endlessly harped on by the hypocritical right to discredit the women's movement.   Very much the pot calling the kettle black.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, merriebreeze said:

Both accounts I've read (Mediaite and RawStory) about the discussion of Tamika and Farrakhan leave out the stuff after the break - Valerie Jarrett's rebuttal/clarification, Meghan's "snotty cackle" and Joy's reaction, leaving an incomplete version of what happened. To me it seems so obvious that Meghan's objective (her assigned mission) is to discredit the Women's March, by attacking feminism and then the leaders. 

I'm deeply uncomfortable that Mallory won't disavow Farrakhan, and for that reason I want her to step down.  I don't even care at this point if her heart is truly lacking in bigotry, she's a distraction and it was an unforced error.   I don't care how kind Farrakhan has been to her - most of us would not have sought or accepted kindness from that anti-Semite, who has unclean hands when it comes to the assassination of Malcolm X.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:43 PM, Haleth said:

I don't get it. She doesn't mind grilling Adam Schiff or Valerie Jarrett, but she's afraid to confront Adam Rippon?

It makes me wonder if Meghan knew Adam is openly gay.  She's careful to stress her acceptance of the LGTBQ community, and often speaks of her gay friends.   She's a little torn between her personal feelings on that matter and the general intolerance in her "tribe".  I think her black and white thinking shut down her brain when it experienced this cognitive dissonance.  Imagine how stupid she would have looked to tell him to his face - When the white house calls, you go!  It's your patriotic duty.

• Love 6
On 3/9/2018 at 4:43 PM, Haleth said:

She’s painted herself as an LGBTQ friend and a Hardcore Conservative, so my guess is she didn’t want rustle feathers with the LGBTQ community who gave her the ~GLAAD AWARD~ It’s easier to criticize him when the LGBTQ community isn’t watching and she can go viral with conservative blogs.

• Love 8