Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

S01.E09: Power of Veto #4; Live Eviction #4

Recommended Posts


Brandi - "Who told you about our final four?"

Everyone - YOU JUST DID! 

 

I'm so sick of Omarosa's little half stories. No....more like 1/10 stories...about her time in the White House. Either tell us some real dirt or STFU. And, no,  I won't read your book. 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

Marissa - "Don't be weird."

James  - "Too late. I'm petting an owl."

It's official,  I love James. 

 

Is Marissa playing for herself? Or Ari? Because if she doesn't take James's deal, she risks losing Ross - her biggest ally. And she kind of forces the boys to stick with O, and then her side would be down to 3. Dumbass. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I wasn't expecting the VIP to win. I was hoping for the spotlight which is what I voted for because it guarantees a switch without nullifying Ms O's nominations. Lot on the line to win this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Christi said:

hope he doesnt put up Mark/James...

I agree.    I want one of the girls to leave.  Or Metta.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

That was the right decision for Ross. He keeps both Marissa and Ari close that way, and they are both better alliance partners than Brandi.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Metta is going to go :( I wish he stayed, but his mental health is more important so it's okay. On the plus side, this guarantees a vote for Brandi/Omarosa/Ari in the end, since Metta won't vote for the other four. If Omarosa is there, he'll vote for her since she let him go.

I wonder if Brandi is going to be angry that Ross didn't use the veto on her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Here is the problem with Ross not saving Brandi.  She won't get evicted, most likely, and she will now be vengeful and annoyed that he didn't save her.  She holds grudges.  Ari and Marissa will see that Ross was not loyal enough to her to take her off the block, and they will all target him, along with Omarosa at their side.

Edited by TVFan17

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

Ari and Marissa will see that Ross was not loyal to her to take her off the block, and they will all target him

I disagree. It's easy to see that he was protecting them.They both have their own issues with Brandi.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Puzzles? Is this Survivor? 

That Veto was close. I thought O was going to get it. 

I don't blame Ross for not using the Veto twice. Omarosa would probably replace Brandi with Marissa. But it's all moot because it looks like Metta is finally going to get his wish. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Here is the problem with Ross not saving Brandi.  She won't get evicted, most likely, and she will now be vengeful and annoyed that he didn't save her.  She holds grudges.

Big time!  Had he saved her, anybody else was safe against crybaby Metta (except James, maybe)

Then all the cloying sadness about evicting Metta.  Spare me.

ETA:  Shut up Marissa!

"My kids and their assorted mothers'  "I had them on their heels" so I bailed.  

"I'm such a competitor."  Blah bla bla bla bla.  Go hump your owl.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

giphy.gif

I have been enjoying Brandi so much in this game that I am happy that she gets to stay until Friday. Of course this is now 2 evictions that and HOHs that were wasted

When the hell was he ever a threat? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I cant stand looking at her talk/watching her try and talk..the bottom left part of her lip is way overfilled/paralyzed/moves weird..seems like she is always trying not to drool?

Edited by Christi
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, so I only really watched the end, when Metta was put on the block and the special veto became utterly useless. 

God, I hate quitters. No, Metta loses points here. He sucks as a gameplayer. He should have self evicted when he wanted to. Now, another Monday eviction rendered useless for the HOH. 

The only hope I have is that maybe the Four's alliance can be broken up after tonight. 

I also see how popular Ross is and how he could easily get to F2 now.

Overall? Pointless weekend for Omarosa, I guess. She just lost her only true ally in the house, and now who knows whose side everyone is on. I guess I will be seeing Omarosa on the block come Wednesday. 

I guess I'll see what segments are worth watching online. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was trying to quickly look back and forth at the puzzles to see who was closest to winning Veto other than Ross.  Was Omarosa the one closest to winning, or did my eyes deceive me?   Who was next closest to solving the puzzle?

Edited by TVFan17

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

Omarosa blew her shot.  She could have replacement nominated Ari/Marissa.  Ross takes one down, the other goes up, Brandi goes home.

She's a dumbass. Who cares if Metta is upset for not being evicted? With this move, Omarosa leaves on Friday anyway. She's not getting his vote, if that was what she was angling for.

Although chances are Metta would have had to be thrown up anyway, and he still would have gone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

James/Mark think they're with Ross. Marissa thinks she's with Ross. Ari/Brandi may doubt him now, but they'll still go with Ross.

Omarosa is all alone and sent her only ally out. Mark promised not to put her up if he won, but I don't believe that he'll keep his word. I hope Omarosa can do something to rally through, only because she's the main one against Ross and Ross is running the entire house.

 

2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Don't sign up if you can't take it. Why don't these homesick people just leave and not waste an eviction. 

Keisha's pump broke and Big Brother wouldn't replace it, so I can forgive her for wanting to go home for that. And Metta was clearly dealing with some issues and mentioned anxiety on the feeds, so I can forgive that too. Shannon pretty much gave up and didn't really fight for herself, but I can forgive that too because she felt overwhelmed with what happened. It sucks, but at least everyone there wants to play so it's okay.

Share this post


Link to post

Another wasted Hoh. I was so happy either Ross or Brandi would be leaving. When Ross won veto and only took himself off I said well Omarosa will put up Marissa and she’ll go. But no, the quitter who wanted to leave day one practically, walks out. I can’t stand Ross, Marissa or Brandi and they’re not going anywhere. Ugh.Not enjoying the show anymore.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Omarosa blew her shot.  She could have replacement nominated Ari/Marissa.  Ross takes one down, the other goes up, Brandi goes home.

She is on a "redemption" tour, gotta make herself look good. But if she manages to get to F2, I am sure that Chuck/Metta would vote for her. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

God, these people SUCK. Next time, cast people who actually want to play, not a bunch of spoiled, whiny quitters. I mean, I absolutely LOVE the celebs who are playing hard but, next time, they need to put something in the contract that if you quit or beg to be voted out, you don't get paid. That's twice now the house didn't get to execute their plan because someone guilted them all into sending them home. It's ridiculous. If you want to quit, pack your shit and go....stop screwing up the game!

1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

I was trying to quickly look back and forth at the puzzles to see who was closest to winning Veto other than Ross.  Was Omarosa the one closest to winning, or did my eyes deceive me?   Who was next closest to solving the puzzle?

 

Omarosa was right behind Ross. They had the camera focused on her so when she ran to hit her buzzer, I actually thought she had won and couldn't figure out why the audience was cheering so hard for her. 

Quote

How weird that on the night a basketball star is evicted, Julie was wearing a gom jabbar? I'm freaked out, y'all!

I had to Google what this meant and I'm still confused lol. Google says a gom jabbar is a poison needle in the movie Dune. Was Julie wearing one? And what does that have to do with basketball? 

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I wasn't expecting the VIP to win. I was hoping for the spotlight which is what I voted for because it guarantees a switch without nullifying Ms O's nominations. Lot on the line to win this.

Because we can't have nice things.

2 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

This self evicting crap is BULLSHIT and is RUINING this season. Once was bad enough but twice? In a compacted season? We're being robbed.

I so agree with you.  It is changing game play and I don't like it.  If they wanted to leave then just leave and forgo your pay this whole thing of having everyone vote you out is ridiculous.  I wanted everyone to flip and vote out Brandi.  She deserves to go for blowing up the game.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rachel RSL said:

I had to Google what this meant and I'm still confused lol. Google says a gom jabbar is a poison needle in the movie Dune. Was Julie wearing one? And what does that have to do with basketball? 

Julie tonight was wearing a funky long ring/tube thing on the middle finger of her right hand; it reminded me of a gom jabbar from Dune. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a famous b-ball player, and the two hit me at the same time! I feel like the crazy stream-of-consciousness scientist guy on the South Park ep "Cancelled".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Don't sign up if you can't take it. Why don't these homesick people just leave and not waste an eviction. 

I agree.  I wish there was some kind of rule to prevent this.  It takes away from the game, and is especially annoying when the whole thing is only 3 weeks.  IMO it kills the momentum.  If they don't think they can handle it, then don't sign up.  Or just leave.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I missed most of the show because I forgot about the eastern showing and had to spend the first twenty minutes watching Olympic ice dancing because OMG Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir OMG. But as to what I did see...

OMFG. MARISSA CONGRATULATED THE HOUSE AFTER THE EVICTION. IT'S PAUL ALL OVER AGAIN. Considering she annoys me as much as Paul did, it seems fitting.

Farewell, Metta. You were the shining moment of the show for me. Congrats on finally escaping! Thirteenth attempt's the charm?

Here's hoping that the double eviction is more satisfying than our normal sucky ones.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

This self evicting crap is BULLSHIT and is RUINING this season. Once was bad enough but twice? In a compacted season? We're being robbed.

I agree.  It must be something in the contract that they get a certain amount of money for playing, and they're OK with taking the money and running.  

Anyone ASKING to be evicted has quit playing.   So they should just leave, with no money, and the others can fight to stay.   Using up an eviction to get someone out who wants to go, is a waste of the HOH, Veto, and all the deals and conniving.   As I said when Keisha self-evicted -  this is NOT how to play Big Brother. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, backformore said:

I agree.  It must be something in the contract that they get a certain amount of money for playing, and they're OK with taking the money and running.  

Anyone ASKING to be evicted has quit playing.   So they should just leave, with no money, and the others can fight to stay.   Using up an eviction to get someone out who wants to go, is a waste of the HOH, Veto, and all the deals and conniving.   As I said when Keisha self-evicted -  this is NOT how to play Big Brother. 

You took the words right from my fingers, was basically typing the same thing when your reply popped up

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Metta is going to go :( I wish he stayed, but his mental health is more important so it's okay. On the plus side, this guarantees a vote for Brandi/Omarosa/Ari in the end, since Metta won't vote for the other four. If Omarosa is there, he'll vote for her since she let him go.

I wonder if Brandi is going to be angry that Ross didn't use the veto on her.

But Metta told Julie he wants Ross to win.  He will vote Ross if he is in the final two.  (So would I. Ross is playing well and has a great attitude and keeps me laughing).

But how about that when Julie said that next Sunday after the double eviction there on Friday there will be FIVE in the two hour finale and then added THREE will be eliminated leaving only TWO to be voted on by the jury.  Getting rid of three people and then jury vote in 2 hours.  Sunday doesn't sound like a filler night. 

And I also think the houseguests will be totally shocked.  I think they did the math too and thought worst case it is a final three.

5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Here is the problem with Ross not saving Brandi.  She won't get evicted, most likely, and she will now be vengeful and annoyed that he didn't save her.  She holds grudges.  Ari and Marissa will see that Ross was not loyal enough to her to take her off the block, and they will all target him, along with Omarosa at their side.

 

But Ross was totally loyal to Marissa and Ari.  If he had taken Brandi off one of them would have definitely gone up.  And they would start to think that Ross has some super secret final two with Brandi no doubt.

Plus everyone in the house knew when Omorosa put up Metta it was a done deal.  He was the last person she would have put up normally so it was a done deal he was going.  We knew he was begging to be let out again but I wonder if he had a meltdown after the veto and the show had gone to commercial break similar to Keisha's begging to be voted out.  Brandi will be pissed at Omorosa only since they all knew they had to vote Metta out as soon as Omorosa put him up so Brandi was not in any danger.  Ross played it perfectly.

And I am not a Brandi fan but she gave one of the blissfully SHORT and honest pre-vote speeches ever.

Too bad two of these celebs had to quit though.  This is twice that the end of a show was a total anti-climax after a great build-up.  But I still love Metta and he did seem like he was going off the deep end a little the last few days.

Edited by green
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

James/Mark think they're with Ross. Marissa thinks she's with Ross. Ari/Brandi may doubt him now, but they'll still go with Ross.

Omarosa is all alone and sent her only ally out. Mark promised not to put her up if he won, but I don't believe that he'll keep his word. I hope Omarosa can do something to rally through, only because she's the main one against Ross and Ross is running the entire house.

 

Keisha's pump broke and Big Brother wouldn't replace it, so I can forgive her for wanting to go home for that. And Metta was clearly dealing with some issues and mentioned anxiety on the feeds, so I can forgive that too. Shannon pretty much gave up and didn't really fight for herself, but I can forgive that too because she felt overwhelmed with what happened. It sucks, but at least everyone there wants to play so it's okay.

I forgive neither. One had a one year old child and one is crybaby that can't stand to be away from his family for three damn weeks. Stay the fuck home and stop wasting people's time. The audience and people who came to play.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Marissa - "Don't be weird."

James  - "Too late. I'm petting an owl."

It's official,  I love James. 

:thumbsup:

 

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Is Marissa playing for herself? Or Ari? Because if she doesn't take James's deal, she risks losing Ross - her biggest ally. And she kind of forces the boys to stick with O, and then her side would be down to 3. Dumbass. 

Marissa handled that totally wrong; the proper BB response in that situation is to immediately agree regardless of one’s true feelings.  Marissa’s agonizing over Ari’s resulting game position was in fact its own answer, and if James is astute enough he’ll realize it; regardless of how Marissa answers, the truth is she will always be more loyal to Ari than any arrangement with James.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

While I sympathize with them wanting to go home, this is the 2nd eviction in a row for me (I didn't watch Friday) that was ruined by a self-eviction.  Not very entertaining for tv viewers, which is ironic since the contestants are all "entertainers".

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I do wonder about how they convince the cast members to come aboard.  When I first tuned in, I had to look up some of these people. I had no idea who James, Shannon and Ari were.  I know you would miss your family, but, it's not bad money, right? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I forgive neither. One had a one year old child and one is crybaby that can't stand to be away from his family for three damn weeks. Stay the fuck home and stop wasting people's time. The audience and people who came to play.

Not to mention, if you're so family oriented, that's an awful lot of baby mamas (at least 2) plus now he is engaged to someone else. And he can't stand to be away from her? Gimme a break - I guess he couldn't stand to be apart from the other baby mamas at one time either. Then how did he go out on the road for basketball? And anyone nursing SHOULD NOT have signed up for this. or at the VERY LEAST, brought a back up pump herself.  Seriously - 3 weeks people? The non-celebrity version is 3 MONTHS!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size