Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Power of Veto #4; Live Eviction #4

• Start Topic

Also, I gotta admit one of my favourite moments about Metta's exit interview with Julie is when she asked him who he would vote for to win and the first name that came out of his mouth before Ross'? Shannon. I didn't hear the rest of his response because I was both cringing and howling with laughter. 

• Love 2

For those who think that Metta should have just self-evicted and left the game to the real players, you should know that

Spoiler

apparently Metta has tried to escape the BB house several times, but has been talked back in by the DR.  Some may think that is just Metta's "hey, lookee me, I'm a goofball" way to pull focus to him, but since they've used none of that for the broadcast shows, then his attempt to be a "character" wasn't a priority for production.  I think the guy genuinely has problems.  I agree with the folks who say he probably shouldn't have been cast.  I do have concerns for his mental health--I mean, if he felt strongly enough to actually effect an escape, how is it that just some time in a DR session talks him down?  I think he's got serious problems, and I'm glad to learn he's been getting help.

I just don't get it. They're in there for around 3 weeks and could potentially win $250,000 . That works out to about $80,000 a week, not a year, a week !! Where can I sign up for that job ? Oh wait, I'm not a celebrity. Even if they lose they still come out with more than most people make in a year for 3 weeks work

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I just watched the puzzle  veto contest again. What the hell was Metta doing???? No one can possibly be that slow. The rest had a good start on the puzzle and Metta wasn't even done bringing his puzzle pieces from the other end. WTH?

Sandbagging the comp, of course; last thing in the world Metta wanted was PoV protection from eviction.

• Love 1

I hate, like everyone else, that Metta's begging to leave ruined the veto twist, but the guy has always been a bit unstable and impulse control is something he never displayed when playing basketball. Maybe he needs the money and knew he would lose the pay if he self-evicted. The lack of impulse control is more my opinion than anything else, but I'll never forget when he played for the Pacers and ran into the stands to confront a fan he thought threw a cup at him. Someone did, in fact, do that, only he went after the wrong person. Then more players got involved & everything went to hell. He was suspended and lost a big chunk of salary. I know a lot of comments that I've read seem to indicate that people are enjoying this season, but for me, I'm barely hanging on-- I think it's mainly because it's BB that I like, not the celebs. Metta was OK, but I really can't stand Omarosa. I really wish she would have been the 1st to go.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, willco said:

I hate, like everyone else, that Metta's begging to leave ruined the veto twist, but the guy has always been a bit unstable and impulse control is something he never displayed when playing basketball. Maybe he needs the money and knew he would lose the pay if he self-evicted. The lack of impulse control is more my opinion than anything else, but I'll never forget when he played for the Pacers and ran into the stands to confront a fan he thought threw a cup at him. Someone did, in fact, do that, only he went after the wrong person. Then more players got involved & everything went to hell. He was suspended and lost a big chunk of salary.

Oh, yeah - Metta has more issues than Reader’s Digest.  The whole “Metta World Peace” name change was IMHO at least in part to repudiate the violent side of Metta’s nature he saw as permanently associated with the name “Ron Artest”.

• Love 2

Yes, Omarosa, everyone heard you doing shoutouts during the veto competition.  God.  

Metta’s interview talking about how mean he is made me laugh.   Detroit knows, Metta.  They know.

I’m assuming since he mentioned Ron III and that he is going to play ball in Europe Ron the Younger was born before the name change from Ron to Metta.

I absolutely loved the game talk between Mark and James in the exercise room.  And James stroking Orwell’s head cracked me up.

28 minutes ago, mojoween said:

And James stroking Orwell’s head cracked me up.

I just watched that moment and I chuckled at watching him do it; then he delivered the line "I'm petting an owl" and something about his delivery just made me laugh really, really hard. He said it so nonchalantly and with such confidence.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, willco said:

I know a lot of comments that I've read seem to indicate that people are enjoying this season, but for me, I'm barely hanging on-- I think it's mainly because it's BB that I like, not the celebs. Metta was OK, but I really can't stand Omarosa. I really wish she would have been the 1st to go.

I missed a lot of the last episode because I was flipping between shows, and I only tuned into this one in time for Metta to go out the door. I wish I could say I cared, but this season has been a disappointment (ITA about Omarosa BTW). I blame casting. Have there been any contestants in prior seasons that they could call celebs and gotten back to improve the mix? I think Frankie Grande falls in that category.

22 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Keisha's pump broke and Big Brother wouldn't replace it, so I can forgive her for wanting to go home for that. And Metta was clearly dealing with some issues and mentioned anxiety on the feeds, so I can forgive that too. Shannon pretty much gave up and didn't really fight for herself, but I can forgive that too because she felt overwhelmed with what happened. It sucks, but at least everyone there wants to play so it's okay.

I don't forgive any of them.  Wanting to go home is fine.  Certainly lots of players in BB's long history have wanted to go home.  But they're supposed to be there to play, to tough it out thru the emotional stuff.  Regular (non-celebrity) BB players are there for a much longer time than this very abbreviated version, and very, very few have ever simply given up.  These are celebrities, with on-camera experience and agents who negotiated their contracts, not to mention only a few weeks in the BB house - so far, far easier for them.  I think so much less of all 3 than I did before.

Keishia is the one I forgive the least.  She knew ahead of time that she had a nursing child, and I think her real reason for wanting to leave was pretty transparent.  I think they all took the wind out of the sails of this game, and were unfair not only to the other players but also the viewing audience. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

For those who think that Metta should have just self-evicted and left the game to the real players, you should know that

Hide contents

apparently Metta has tried to escape the BB house several times, but has been talked back in by the DR.  Some may think that is just Metta's "hey, lookee me, I'm a goofball" way to pull focus to him, but since they've used none of that for the broadcast shows, then his attempt to be a "character" wasn't a priority for production.  I think the guy genuinely has problems.  I agree with the folks who say he probably shouldn't have been cast.  I do have concerns for his mental health--I mean, if he felt strongly enough to actually effect an escape, how is it that just some time in a DR session talks him down?  I think he's got serious problems, and I'm glad to learn he's been getting help.

I agree that he should have left.  But the producers should have removed him (with a brief, "Metta had to leave" explanation), and the game should have gone on.  It messes with the gameplay of the other players and it's frustrating for viewers when players waste an eviction the way he and Keishia did.

I've been a big fan of BB since the first episode of the first season, but I didn't expect to like CBB at all.  Much to my surprise, I am loving it.  Except for the constant annoyance of players begging to go home and pretty much bringing the game to a dead stop.  

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I missed a lot of the last episode because I was flipping between shows, and I only tuned into this one in time for Metta to go out the door. I wish I could say I cared, but this season has been a disappointment (ITA about Omarosa BTW). I blame casting. Have there been any contestants in prior seasons that they could call celebs and gotten back to improve the mix? I think Frankie Grande falls in that category.

Why? Why would you even put that into the universe? Noooooo!

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Metta seemed totally out of it in that interview... he was making no sense and rambling about how 'mean' he is and such. I could barely comprehend what he was trying to say.

I read where Metta's father suffers from being bi-polar.  Doesn't mean he is at all but his exit interview felt like it. First there was sweet, Orwell-loving family man Metta.  Then he was Metta the Mean wanting to "kill" his competition.  Then it was back to Family Guy again.  It was like he was flipping a switch inside him back and forth the whole interview.

His exit is more on casting not doing their vetting well I think.  Keisha's is entirely on her.  A certain part of her biology couldn't handle the stress even after BB replaced here damaged milk pump thingie.  Which they did.

I like this quicker paced, no stupid idiotic dumb disgusting showmances, more mature and interesting cast who come to play this version of BB way better than the paint drying summer edition that goes on forever and ever and is really boring most of the time.  And it is always full of empty headed 20-something fame whore wannabes and sexual exhibitionists who I don't have the least desire to watch.  Those that have gotten some minor fame no longer have to whore for it in the same way and make more fun contestants who actually are trying to play the game in the main I discovered these past few weeks. 

Hopefully they will learn from this shakedown cruise season to do a better casting job in the future.  Because as bad as it was with Metta and Keisha quitting by any other name, just think how even better this season would be had those two had not done that?  Those two episodes were looking like all time instant classics until they ruined them.  Vet the casting better next time and it will be a grand slam.

Edited by green
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, llewis823 said:

And anyone nursing SHOULD NOT have signed up for this. or at the VERY LEAST, brought a back up pump herself.  Seriously - 3 weeks people? The non-celebrity version is 3 MONTHS!

I agree. The whole reason for nursing a baby past a year is for the bonding, to comfort your child.  A toddler drinking breast milk out of a bottle or sippy cup for three weeks is not the same as a breast-fed toddler.

I say - if people ASK to be evicted, that's the same as quitting, they should forfeit any money. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, green said:

I like this quicker paced,

Me too.   Maybe condensed to 6 weeks, something like that? I find the 3 month version begins to drag, especially when there's a Production Favourite (Paul) ruling every vote.

I was really enjoying this CBB version, hope they plan another one - but with the rule that if you can't take the heat... you self evict and lose the salary.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Keishia is the one I forgive the least.  She knew ahead of time that she had a nursing child, and I think her real reason for wanting to leave was pretty transparent

I don't know the lead time in casting this season, but Omarosa was characterized as a "last minute addition" when she became available in mid-December, so Keshia may have thought she'd be done nursing by the time the show started.

15 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I agree that he should have left.  But the producers should have removed him (with a brief, "Metta had to leave" explanation), and the game should have gone on.  It messes with the gameplay of the other players and it's frustrating for viewers when players waste an eviction the way he and Keishia did.

Shows don't generally cancel a regular elimination when a player leaves early in the season, so removing Metta that way would have risked having the "wrong" contestant get evicted early, and left them without a reason to have a double eviction.

42 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I don't know the lead time in casting this season, but Omarosa was characterized as a "last minute addition" when she became available in mid-December, so Keshia may have thought she'd be done nursing by the time the show started.

Don’t buy it, on Keshia’s part.  If Keshia is already nursing past a year, then she’s planning on doing it for however long her milk holds out, which could be years - so a few weeks of slip on the show schedule wouldn’t even be a substantial factor.

42 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Shows don't generally cancel a regular elimination when a player leaves early in the season, so removing Metta that way would have risked having the "wrong" contestant get evicted early, and left them without a reason to have a double eviction.

TPTB pulled ED from the game for unspecified (at the time) reasons, so that precedent has already been set.  And Production wouldn’t have to tweak the double eviction at all; just trim back the triple eviction (which I’m sure will be a logistical nightmare) to a much more manageable second double eviction, and everything would still be good.

• Love 2

Just read an article saying it's castings fault these people are "self evicting".  When "Rudy" (can't remember her real name) was asked in the beginning, she said she would have no problem quitting if it became too difficult. Metta admitted he had no knowledge of the game, how to play, or what the strategy was...and had no interest in learning before the season started by viewing past DVD's.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/celebrity-big-brother/why-celebrity-big-brother-cast-67729.aspx

My opinion, neither "Rudy" or Metta should be allowed to vote in jury. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Yeah.  I'm kind of disgusted by Keshia trying to take some moral high ground to justify her quit.  If she REALLY wanted the best parenting/nursing experience for her baby, she wouldn't have signed up in the first place. 

Echo echo.

8 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I just wish she'd have gone first so she'd be 3-for-3 for first-one-out on reality shows.  And I'm sure Chuck would've gladly taken either of their place.  

In retrospect, Chuck Liddell may be one of the luckiest sumbitches on the planet.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I do wonder how much these house guests are getting paid.  This is a very short season, three weeks.  There are eleven house guests.

200k base salary is what TMZ said before the season started. Apparently they all got the same base salary.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

200k base salary is what TMZ said before the season started. Apparently they all got the same base salary.

If that’s the case, I wonder what all the flak about HGs (or their agents) seeing other HG’s contracts was about?  Individual’s contract riders, maybe - like “no messing up my hair in comps” clauses, or guaranteed screen times for self-promotions?

9 minutes ago, Nashville said:

If that’s the case, I wonder what all the flak about HGs (or their agents) seeing other HG’s contracts was about?  Individual’s contract riders, maybe - like “no messing up my hair in comps” clauses, or guaranteed screen times for self-promotions?

I had been under the assumption that there would be a sliding scale bonus, like +$x for every eviction survived but I haven't heard anything. Also no info on whether there's a second place prize, Fan Favourite or anything like that. I won't be surprised if there were/are riders. I assume Brandi's said "Booze, booze, and more booze, please and thanks".

I dunno. The please and thank you might be pushing it.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

Wow, that is more than I thought it would be.

I truly don't think its that much. I would almost bet on it. As I have mentioned before, on the live feeds Shannon and Melissa said this pays waaaaaay less than Dancing With The Stars. 5 of the celebs have been on DWTS and no one disagreed with them.

Brandi or Omarosa's publicist probably gave TMZ  those numbers.

Edited by MsJamieDornan