Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

...Warned for not posting a full body pic. 

>:-(

I seriously thought to myself “should I google ‘Jesse Williams shirtless’ at work” and decided against it. I apologize.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Not to be contrary, but why would ABC listen to a petition.  ABC is a business and they listen to one thing:  the sound of money!  Ratings equal money.  I have no idea what the ratings are like but I do notice that since MM joined the show, The View has been featured on Yahoo and MSN almost daily with headlines like "The View goes off the rails...).  The View has also been featured on the Access Hollywood/Insider type shows quite frequently.  The buzz is there, that's what ABC wants.  They don't want a civil, informed discussion of current events, they want a shitshow with water cooler talk potential.  And with MM, they got it.

I think I've given up hope.  I sent multiple messages to the show itself when Whoopi was high as a kite during her back issues.  Nothing happened.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think I've given up hope.  I sent multiple messages to the show itself when Whoopi was high as a kite during her back issues.  Nothing happened.

They only care about ratings. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

This brings back memories.   I dated a guy for awhile in 1962 because he looked JUST LIKE GEORGE PEPPARD...from "Breakfast at Tiffany's."  Not only did he have a nice convertible, he was a good dancer!  I went out with other guys too...and soon I had to give up this guy.  I never knew if he was dumb or smart because he just said so little.  Also, he didn't want to go out with other couples...just us.  Too bad, because he was gorgeous.

Omigosh, Former, this cracked me up because my dad was often mistaken for George Peppard. I hope you weren't dating my dad since he and my mom were married in 1952! ?

He liked to dance but didn't have a convertible. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5

Wed should be very interesting since MM constantly says her purpose is to explain Trump's base to us - the very base that cheered Trump for his comments on her father. No wonder it will take 5 days to explain. Because - they are her people and she knows them so well.

• Love 14

Exhibit A of how to be gracious in the face of criticism is sitting right across the table from Meghan. Joy mentioned that she herself (not a family member) was booed at CPAC, and laughed about it and went merrily on with the show.

That's how you do it, Meghan. Don't ever let them see you sweat.

• Love 20

Color me genuinely shocked that Meghan was actually civil to Congressman Kennedy. She wasn’t nasty nor did she accuse him of being a liar like she did with Senator Durbin. Or maybe Paula stole her thunder when she asked Kennedy why didn’t the Senate do something about the ban on assault weapons back in 2009. I loved husband response. He really does his family and grandpa and great uncle proud.

Ohhhh, waaait. My cynical side just bopped me on the head. Kennedy’s uncle died from what her father is suffering from.???

Meghan could not have ground teeth or clenched her jaw any harder when she forced the words “that’s why we are friends” to Joy.

Why was Tamar even there? She sounds like an uneducated ignorant fool. So glad she wasn’t there when Kennedy was on. To be honest, I would have preferred two segments with Kennedy, the second which would have been in the same lace of that STOOPID app game!

• Love 13
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Not to be contrary, but why would ABC listen to a petition.  ABC is a business and they listen to one thing:  the sound of money!  Ratings equal money.  I have no idea what the ratings are like but I do notice that since MM joined the show, The View has been featured on Yahoo and MSN almost daily with headlines like "The View goes off the rails...).  The View has also been featured on the Access Hollywood/Insider type shows quite frequently.  The buzz is there, that's what ABC wants.  They don't want a civil, informed discussion of current events, they want a shitshow with water cooler talk potential.  And with MM, they got it.

At this point the only way ABC would get rid of MM is if she suddenly demanded a huge raise. She should get together with her pal Mo'nique who could convince her that she's worth at least as much as Whoopie and Joy.

Just now, maggiemae said:

I think MM was pleasant to Rep Kennedy because his uncle was a friend of her father. Like Biden. 

I sense a new friendship on the horizon

• Love 6

This has become The Whoopi/McCain show. Pontificating, camera stares, teleprompter  fumbles, shoutouts to somebodies father, shouting over Sunny, disdain for the hot topics, disdain for the panelists, disdain for the show...

You know they actually have a lot in common.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

There is someone worse than Meghan?

There's always somebody worse out there.  The hope is that any new Republican co-host wouldn't come with a dying father who's been turned into a saint, making him and his daughter untouchable.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

This has become The Whoopi/McCain show. Pontificating, camera stares, teleprompter  fumbles, shoutouts to somebodies father, shouting over Sunny, disdain for the hot topics, disdain for the panelists, disdain for the show...

You know they actually have a lot in common.

Yeah, they both think that their opinion is the only one that should count.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, ABitOFluff said:

When Ana said she lives with an NRA member, Elsa snarked back, that is not the same as being one?!  WTF? 

Anyone can be a NRA member - just pay the dues!  Elsa (MM) is so unaware of how stupid she sounds!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Color me genuinely shocked that Meghan was actually civil to Congressman Kennedy. She wasn’t nasty nor did she accuse him of being a liar like she did with Senator Durbin. Or maybe Paula stole her thunder when she asked Kennedy why didn’t the Senate do something about the ban on assault weapons back in 2009. I loved husband response. He really does his family and grandpa and great uncle proud

I think MM was civil to Rep Kennedy because his uncle Ted and her dad were friends and also the Congressman grew up in a political family so in her mind they are peers.  As far as the dems not dealing with the assault weapons ban in 2009, I think they needed a super majority of 60 votes for it to pass in the Senate and there were a few Democratic Senators that did not/ would not vote for it. The super majority thing confuses me it is some sort of Senate procedural rule.  I am not trying to get political I am just trying to remember how that went down in 2009.  All of the Senate procedural rules and the maneuvering of the Senators of both parties interests me, however, I can never understand the rules of the "game".   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fannysue said:

does anyone else think it was weird to have Mo'nique on the panel complaining and then Tamar Braxton  complaining too!  Why would TPTB think  they would be interesting guests?

I really wanted to see more of the Mo'Nique interview.  They should have had 2 segments.  I was surprised when Whoopi stopped Mo'Nique when she equated her accepting a low offer to the Me Too Movement and told her she was expected to promote Precious.   There was so much more that could have been asked.  

Tamar was not right for a co-host.  A guess maybe, but she's not the right fit for The View.  A little bit of her goes a long, long, long way.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Fannysue said:

Anyone can be a NRA member - just pay the dues!  Elsa (MM) is so unaware of how stupid she sounds!

It's true.  She makes it seem like the NRA is some exclusive club that you are privileged to be part of.

5 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Especially disliked giving Tamra a platform.

The way the co hosts were talking to Tamra about her marriage like it was some serious issue was ridiculous.  By their tone you would have thought they were talking about some great tragedy. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Fannysue said:

The NRA gives discounts to members on things like travel, insurance, car rental. For some members, those benefits are worth the annual membership fees. (Though right now companies are stopping these perks to NRA members).

So, yeah, Meghan being a proud NRA member means nothing more than a magazine subscription (also included with membership)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

The Tamar drama is scripted, I bet. Why in the world would she agree for him to be in The View audience and join the panel if there was true family discord and hurt feelings involved.  Publicity stunt! 

It cracks me up that they even call these reality shows anymore. Unreality is more like it.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think MM was civil to Rep Kennedy because his uncle Ted and her dad were friends and also the Congressman grew up in a political family so in her mind they are peers. 

Yeah that’s about the conclusion I came up with near the end of my post. Forgot to add that she probably considers herself as part of a political family dynasty, but she’s not. The Kennedys are, the Bushes are. Joe Kennedy is like third generation. And Meghan isn’t in public office. So I just have to ??? each time she acts like she is or knows what everyone is thinking.

Joy is the only one who didn’t care about Tamar’s marriage drama. It was Paula and Sunny asking her to divulge what is really none of anyone’s fucking business. The fact that she’s filed for divorce should be enough. Whether she’ll change her mind or stay with him after all should be private unless she wants to speak about it publicly and it was clear she didn’t want to, yet Paula kept pushing for an answer!

• Love 8

You know, I  DVR the show and mostly watch after reading a few posts here.

When I sit down to watch tv,  I find myself having to check in/ steel myself up for the negativity that IS MM, when I decide to watch the View.

She is such a Debbie Downer on EVERY show.  The mean, squinty faces, the self-aggrandizement, the references to relatives,  the stupidity, the lack of manners, the whining, etc.  It's a drag. AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT FUCKING  BUMP STOCKS OR AR15s!  EVER.  

MM needed to sit in on Jessie's segment to learn about other people. She is so out of it.  

I didn't need Diva Monique or Nobody Tamar this week either, complaining abt their own moronic actions. Monique needed a stiff talking to/reality check on Hollywood  about 8 years ago; she's listening to the wrong folks. Too late, Whoopi. I don't even care about Tamar to comment. 

I depend on Joy, Sunny, and Ana for speaking sanity.  They need more time, not Mrs. Privilege.

• Love 18

Yeah you know our precious MM would think the table was getting too tribal. She always seems to be gone when that happens huh?  God gals, what in the hell was going on with that horrible hair (damn that was butt ugly) and MM, one of you said that Joy probably was her hair dresser Friday, I concur.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tvaddict44 said:

She's just so humorless, dour and argumentative.  

And even when they're discussing non-political topics, her input seems forced and awkward.  Everyone else (even the guest hosts) sounds like they're talking and laughing like we do at our kitchen tables.  The conversation flows beautifully.  Then Meghan inserts something in her clipped monotone valley girl 90 mph manner and it just doesn't fit into the conversation.   

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Orillia said:

It cracks me up that they even call these reality shows anymore. Unreality is more like it.

ITA!  I was just thinking that the aura or ambiance of the Real must have been much lighter after she left.  I imagine, many less eggshells to walk on.  Now, they did do her wrong in how they fired her, but it needed to happen for the sake of the show.  They should have bought out her contract, but not the embarrassing firing. Does she get any credits for creating the show?  To be honest, this is the first ive heard that she created it. If this was her baby, wow did they do her dirty.  But she could have called her own shots, if so.  * shrug*  like I said, for the sake of the show I guess.  But that situation reminds me of ANOTHER show, walking on eggshells, please fire her, yada yada yada

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

And even when they're discussing non-political topics, her input seems forced and awkward.

And caught checking herself on the monitor TOO MANY TIMES.   Especially too many times for someone who claims to have been on TV for several years.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

And caught checking herself on the monitor TOO MANY TIMES.   Especially too many times for someone who claims to have been on TV for several years.

Why does she do that?  It can't be to see if she looks good because lately she has been looking awful.  All that money and not a lick of fashion sense 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Why does she do that?  It can't be to see if she looks good because lately she has been looking awful.  All that money and not a lick of fashion sense 

Maybe the hair and makeup people don't let Meghan see what she looks like before she goes out to the table, and Meghan is looking at herself in the monitor in disbelief?  

Or...conversely, maybe she's just overly impressed with her looks...    ;-)

• Love 7

She (MM) should just stick a big makeup mirror on the hosts table and stare at herself throughout the show and STFU. You are so ugly inside honey, there isn't anything that is going to make you pretty. There, now I feel better. God, I hate that bitch. 

• Love 12

Speaking of "The View," and Television Without Pity...trying to keep on topic.   I always enjoy those little notices that someone "liked" my post.  It's almost thrilling when someone quotes me.  

What are your "Views," staying on topic ? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Speaking of "The View," and Television Without Pity...trying to keep on topic.   I always enjoy those little notices that someone "liked" my post.  It's almost thrilling when someone quotes me.  

What are your "Views," staying on topic ? 

I'm kind of new on here so I know just what you mean. So many times in the past I'd read something that would make me burst out laughing. It was nice to see that other people saw the same absurdities that I did . And it wasn't always some big thing but some little comment. Now that I've joined I can like their comment as a way of saying thanks. There really are some smart witty comments here.

• Love 12