Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: PolygaMexicamist Wedding

• Start Topic

On 2/13/2018 at 8:26 PM, LucyEth said:

I read over on the Seeking Sister Wives forum that Aspyn's fiancé is the brother of one of the wives on that show, she is a red head and her name is Vanessa.  Also said they were at Kody and Robyn's wedding.  This might be posted in this thread someplace else, if so I apologize for the duplicate information.  

:-O   I have no words!

Edited by Granny58

So one of the “pros” of having sister wives is all the help with kids etc. Yet (other then Meri, and maybe Janelle, not sure if her mom helps?) they all have live in help for the kids... 

2 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed to me that Robyn was distant from Kody this season.  Not like Meri, but I'm not sure she cared if she was the favorite wife or not.  I think she and Kody had a major physical attraction in the beginning, but that fades with time.  She and Kody both may be discovering they don't much like the other person now that those attraction hormones are no longer ruling their relationship. 

Or maybe it was the editing.   

It could be normal having small kids exhaustion, but I kind of wonder if Robyn is dealing with some post partum depression. 

• Love 4
On 2/13/2018 at 3:53 PM, Mothra said:

Okay.  This is the shallowest, most mean-spirited thing I'm going to say about these two:  where in the HELL did they get the self-confidence to present themselves to the world looking like they do and seeming so pleased with themselves about it?  It must say something really good about growing up in a polygamous family for Myk to think she looks good, and I'm not just talking about this awful picture.  I mean, how do you instill that kind of self-esteem?  Does it take four mothers?  FT didn't have four mothers, but men tend to believe they're hot shit until someone sits them down and explains to them otherwise, so I'm not crediting Catholicism for his bloated self-confidence.  Every one of these kids that I've seen on TV comes off as totally pleased with their looks and behavior, confident in their judgments and intelligence.  Are they not allowed to see other people their own age throughout their childhoods?  I swear to god, if you could bottle it, you'd make a million dollars.

Mothra, this (above) had me laughing so hard.  Likewise, your other comment:  

My GOD this episode gave me such a headache!  I just sat down and watched it all soup to nuts and sweet Jebus what a shitstorm. 

I never watch an episode more than once but I fully intend to watch the wacked-out wedding ep. at least twice.  It both fascinated and repelled me for so many reasons, including (but certainly not limited to):

1.  The "thou protesteth too much" b-s, courtesy of Robyn and Christine, during the sit-down interviews:  "Oh, Tony is so great," "Tony gets her," and probably the most outrageous comment from Christine: "Tony can really dance."  (fair enough, Christine, if that's your idea of 'dance.') I thought Tony looked like he was trying to rope a steer. 

2.  The frenetic demeanor of everyone on the dance floor.  I could not take my eyes off Kody, the wild mop of hair doing its own thing, and the underlying aggression that seemed to impel his "crazy." Christine keeping up with the manic momentum, and Tony cutting a rug - by this time his dancing confidence bouncing off the walls, taking him from rodeo rider to John Travolta.  I couldn't believe there was no alcohol to blame for this spectacle.  I did like the song that played, though.  Very upbeat and a nice change from the usual mainstream wedding music.

Perhaps the most suprising thing was the positive reaction I had to some of the scenes:

3.  Christine's little girl, Truly, looked carefree and joyous as she sprinkled those flower petals.  She captured the essence of childhood in that scene.   I also liked the music and song.

4.  Kody has grown on me to a point where he has become my favorite Brown.  There is a goodness about him that I don't discern in two of his wives (Robyn and Meri) -- although I have to admit that I am sometimes amused by Meri's unawareness of the way her actions impact others.  As I said, I'm fascinated!  

5.  Christine has NOT grown on me.  I lost respect for her throughout the wedding preparation episodes.  The confidence that her kids exude reflects Christine's rearing.  I can't comment on her siblings, but Mykelti's confidence, unfortunately, mingles with a toxic sense of entitlement compounded by Christine's refusal to challenge her daughter or to discuss the importance of considering other people when making decisions in life.

Worse yet, Kody's input is consistently dismissed, leaving Christine as the primary parental influence on her kids.  

• Love 11

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the world's tackiest wedding. The cheap garland! The ugly flowers! The sad tacos! The terrible reception singer! The earth's tiniest reception tent! I would say that Mykelti will look back on it in embarrassment someday, but she goes out in public with Tony so I don't think she feels embarrassment like a normal human being. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

Christine has NOT grown on me.  I lost respect for her throughout the wedding preparation episodes.  The confidence that her kids exude reflects Christine's rearing.  I can't comment on her siblings, but Mykelti's confidence, unfortunately, mingles with a toxic sense of entitlement compounded by Christine's refusal to challenge her daughter or to discuss the importance of considering other people when making decisions in life.

Worse yet, Kody's input is consistently dismissed, leaving Christine as the primary parental influence on her kids.  

Christine is overcompensating because she feels bad about how she reacted when Mykelti and Tony got engaged. And just like Kody, she was not on board with most of that wedding nonsense. From it being held outdoors in December to those pinatas, I don't think she liked any of it.

4 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the world's tackiest wedding. The cheap garland! The ugly flowers! The sad tacos! The terrible reception singer! The earth's tiniest reception tent! I would say that Mykelti will look back on it in embarrassment someday, but she goes out in public with Tony so I don't think she feels embarrassment like a normal human being. 

If I had been a guest at that wedding, I'd still be snarking about it to anyone who'd listen! My husband wouldn't have been able to shut me up on the car ride home.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, Areola is 2 so that's stretching post partum depression a bit.

Unfortunately, for most women, the effects of PPD don’t just magically go away when the child ages. 

Aurora really attacked that piñata, and didn’t even stop when it broke open and kids were diving underneath... pent up angst/anger/animosity/jealousy?

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

Unfortunately, for most women, the effects of PPD don’t just magically go away when the child ages. 

Aurora really attacked that piñata, and didn’t even stop when it broke open and kids were diving underneath... pent up angst/anger/animosity/jealousy?

But (if I remember correctly), Aurora was the one who just a second before had been shown in a crowd shot with a look of total horror on her face as others were swinging at the pinata.  She has often been commented upon as someone who is very aware of/in love with the camera, and tends to be very dramatic in her responses and facial expressions.  It almost seemed that seeing the camera reminded her of a way that she could KEEP the camera pointed at her.  "Hand me that stick, I'm gonna give that pinata a couple of solid whacks."

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 2/16/2018 at 3:09 PM, Marigny said:

I didn't think anything could be worse than Josh Duggar singing to Anna at their wedding but Christine proved me wrong. 

I don't think I'll ever get over Christine singing.  And they let her do it!  Not one said...maybe no!  But then again I'm sure the three got a kick out of Christine making an as s out of herself!

On 2/16/2018 at 5:18 PM, AZChristian said:

FT and Mykelti were on a realtor (or banker) FB page, with a picture of them being congratulated on the purchase of their first home.  If they follow the Brown family tradition, they'll file for bankruptcy to clear all the wedding bills, but they can keep the house.

I'm nosy.  Anybody see that house and where is it?  Anybody figure out FT 's bank job yet?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think I'll ever get over Christine singing.  And they let her do it!  Not one said...maybe no!  But then again I'm sure the three got a kick out of Christine making an as s out of herself!

I'm nosy.  Anybody see that house and where is it?  Anybody figure out FT 's bank job yet?

Bank job?  The Bank of TLC, no doubt.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Christine is overcompensating because she feels bad about how she reacted when Mykelti and Tony got engaged. And just like Kody, she was not on board with most of that wedding nonsense. From it being held outdoors in December to those pinatas, I don't think she liked any of it.

Fair enough.  My problem with Christine concerns her failure to address those issues with Mykelti.  Even if, for argument's sake, we could assume she and Mykelti talked about all of this off camera, the fact remains that Mykelti still got what she wanted.  Just as she predicted, ON camera, before any of the wedding preparations even began.  Maybe I'd feel differently about it if Mykelti and her chubby hubby were paying for the wedding themselves, but that certainly was not the case.

• Love 7

All I have to say is that having a front row seat at that wedding was well worth watching all those boring episodes year after year. I feel vindicated!!!!

Edited by loki310
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, suomi said:

Great find! That poor man! OMG, FT does work with the public!

I think the customer actually sounded like he was looking for a fight and Tony got the joy of dealing with him, but who really knows LOL. That blog was extremely weird IMO. 

I found FT’s Facebook, too, and am enjoying photos of his past GFs. Also a 2015 photo of him looking much slimmer. 

• Love 5

I've been suspecting for several months that FT worked at Wells Fargo.  I saw somewhere online that he said he worked at a "national" bank.  The only bank I found to fit that description in St. George was WF.  But I honestly thought he might have been a janitor or have some other non-public-contact job.  Having seen his attitude towards money ("You could just get a second mortgage on your house to pay for me and Mykelti's wedding"), I would never ask for his help with anything at a bank.

Edited by AZChristian
Clarifying bank location
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

That blog was extremely weird IMO. 

I'd say it is more borderline crazy.  Talk about" flights of fancy"!  Heaven only knows if he didn't make up the whole FT interaction - although the sparkly shoelaces does sound like something he'd wear.   

Note to self:  avoid any accounts at Wells Fargo if they hire people like FT.

• Love 7

Well, I didn't get some  (maybe a lot ) of the blog and I don't want to reread it.  Parts of the blog seemed heartfelt and moved me.  

IMHO I think that the Browns and extended family have a secret life off camera and may not be the people that are portrayed for us.  That is my hope, at least.

• Love 1

I have had major problems with a bank recently (not WF) and have dealt with two branch managers.  One of them was extremely immature and not helpful to the customer at all.  I was shocked that she was a manager.  After dealing with this bank for three months, I am not surprised that Tony deals with the public.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I'd say it is more borderline crazy.  Talk about" flights of fancy"!  Heaven only knows if he didn't make up the whole FT interaction - although the sparkly shoelaces does sound like something he'd wear.   

Note to self:  avoid any accounts at Wells Fargo if they hire people like FT.

Fun fact: I used to work at Wells Fargo myself, but I was “displaced” a few years ago. (One of the happiest days of my life, and I am especially glad now that their shenanigans are coming to light.) I was behind the scenes in print production, though. I never had to dodge crazy account holders. 

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've been suspecting for several months that FT worked at Wells Fargo.  I saw somewhere online that he said he worked at a "national" bank.  The only bank I found to fit that description in St. George was WF.  But I honestly thought he might have been a janitor or have some other non-public-contact job.  Having seen his attitude towards money ("You could just get a second mortgage on your house to pay for me and Mykelti's wedding"), I would never ask for his help with anything at a bank.

If you have followed WF in the news about their pressuring their employees to open fake accts, etc - maybe that is where FT developed his attitude about magically conjuring up $$. I wanted to think that “second mortgage” remark was a joke but now I wonder. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, neh said:

Well, I didn't get some  (maybe a lot ) of the blog and I don't want to reread it.  Parts of the blog seemed heartfelt and moved me.  

IMHO I think that the Browns and extended family have a secret life off camera and may not be the people that are portrayed for us.  That is my hope, at least.

The recounting of the WF transactions sounded like a classic asshole customer who was dodging making mortgage payments, ignoring contact efforts from the bank, then focusing on an employee to hassle in person. Too common, and it really sounded like Tony didn’t cause the problem. Who knows, of course. But that was my impression. 

ETA: My hub just told me that Joel McHale has a monthly Netflix show similar to The Soup, and the current episode features Christine singkingk. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 9
On 2/13/2018 at 5:26 PM, LucyEth said:

I read over on the Seeking Sister Wives forum that Aspyn's fiancé is the brother of one of the wives on that show, she is a red head and her name is Vanessa.  Also said they were at Kody and Robyn's wedding.  This might be posted in this thread someplace else, if so I apologize for the duplicate information.  

I thought that he was related to Auralee...then again he might be. You never know with Fundamentalist Mormons...especially when you'll find a Jessop or a Barlow (or a descendant of the former, i.e. Michael "Creepy Cawley" from Centennial Park) in almost every Fundamentalist Group.

Heck, Kody was a Mainstream Mormon and is Christine's third cousin through an Allred!

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

If you have followed WF in the news about their pressuring their employees to open fake accts, etc - maybe that is where FT developed his attitude about magically conjuring up $$. I wanted to think that “second mortgage” remark was a joke but now I wonder. 

I'm sure FT knows how to run real estate valuations (training as a banker), and sees that - even though they've probably only been paying interest on the McMansions - property values have increased in Las Vegas, so there IS equity there.  What he fails to realize is that it's THEIR equity, not HIS.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

The recounting of the WF transactions sounded like a classic asshole customer who was dodging making mortgage payments, ignoring contact efforts from the bank, then focusing on an employee to hassle in person. Too common, and it really sounded like Tony didn’t cause the problem. Who knows, of course. But that was my impression. 

ETA: My hub just told me that Joel McHale has a monthly Netflix show similar to The Soup, and the current episode features Christine singkingk. 

Yep, I agree. I've worked with the public my entire career, and people always try to make their screw-ups your problem. Sounds to me like Tony tried, but if this customer had done what he was supposed to do from the beginning, instead of shirking his responsibility and dodging phone calls, he wouldn't have been in that mess.

• Love 3
On 2/16/2018 at 2:44 PM, Meghzie said:

Robyn: I’m not the current favourite, so I don’t wanna talk about it. But I’ll try to interject myself into everything so I can stay relevant. 

Good heavens, if this isn't the truth.  Every time she starts running her mouth about history that she wasn't a part of, I want to throw my remote control at my tv.

Speaking of remote controls, I watched the wedding episode on demand, and decided that I needed to fast-forward through Christine's songfest.  Normally I enjoy cringing with second-hand embarrassment at the expense of these women, but I just couldn't sit through that song again.  It took me FIVE TIMES to fast-forward until the song was over!  Every time I thought I was past it, there came ANOTHER talking head about how "super nervous" she was.  I know this show is 95% filler, but it took forever.  Sheesh.

In other news, do we think Christine was super nervous about singingk?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I work for WF in MN and I knew he worked there and what he does for a lonnnng time now. 

That customer sounds like a classic nasty asshole who comes in demanding his way or the highway.  The attitude in that blog makes me want to smack him.  If someone came to his house to check on utilities\abandonment,that’s clearly more than one missed payment   More like 6-9 missed payments  

A Personal Banker at WF really has no access to mortgage stuff.  We can’t see details on our systems; we have to call down to Mortgage and we really have no say on anything Mortgage does or doesn’t do. Understandable, sooo many strict regulations about mortgage servicing especially in possible foreclosure situations. 

Just a smidge of our side of the story.  Then again I am the old battle-axe in my branch, having been in the industry for 30 years now. 

Edited by Meowwww
Punctuation
  • Love 11
On 2/16/2018 at 10:06 AM, giaNtsandYankees said:

In response to the poster (sorry,  so many posts to find it), the show should definitely change its opener. We're well far from the, "We're polygamists, here to show you how HAPPY we are, how we're not evil, and nothing like Warren Jeffs. We're just like you; we're just polygamists."

It should probably go something like this:

Meri: "I'm not sure if I believe in this lifestyle anymore. It's made me bitter and withdraw from my family."

Janelle: "I got the kids that I wanted from Kody. Now I'm just coasting along, and vegging out." 

Christine: "I now like sister wives. I got the family I wanted, and now I FINALLY got the man!"

Robin...What to say about Robin? Maybe there's something in the water where I am, but she is not as insufferable as she usually is. Did she cry or pull any histrionics like she had in past seasons?

I forgot about Kody!

Kody: "Love is no longer multiplied. It is now divided between Christine and (sometimes) Robyn."

• Love 8
5 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

I thought that he was related to Auralee...then again he might be. You never know with Fundamentalist Mormons...especially when you'll find a Jessop or a Barlow (or a descendant of the former, i.e. Michael "Creepy Cawley" from Centennial Park) in almost every Fundamentalist Group.

Heck, Kody was a Mainstream Mormon and is Christine's third cousin through an Allred!

There is way too much inbreeding going on in Utah.

• Love 6

Christine's singing reminded me of the old I Love Lucy show when Mrs. Trumbull sang "I love you Truly" lol. I generallly think everything the Brown's do for celebrations seems really corny and tasteless because they grew up more or less with little contact with normal life. I know they are all about social media now, but I think they all lived without much in the way of social context in terms of TV, Movies, Books, magazines etc. For example, they only go to G rated movies which means they are mostly watching cartoons.

Even with all that, they could have tried to rein in Tony and Mykelti but are probably afraid to alienate them. I think they also are afraid to offend Tony's parents, who it seems don't speak much English. Oddly enough, I have watched these grifters so long that they are more appealing to me than the Seeking Sister Wives folks which includes a serial cheater and a man who apparently abandoned an entire family. So Kody does look good in comparison. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Fun fact: I used to work at Wells Fargo myself, but I was “displaced” a few years ago. (One of the happiest days of my life, and I am especially glad now that their shenanigans are coming to light.) I was behind the scenes in print production, though. I never had to dodge crazy account holders. 

Sadly banks aren't there to give financial advise, they're there to sell product. A coupe of times I've worked with someone who can offer both sound advise and sell me product that works for me.

19 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Oddly enough, I have watched these grifters so long that they are more appealing to me than the Seeking Sister Wives folks which includes a serial cheater and a man who apparently abandoned an entire family. So Kody does look good in comparison. 

I agree with you 100%.

15 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I found FT’s Facebook, too, and am enjoying photos of his past GFs. Also a 2015 photo of him looking much slimmer. 

Um.... yeah..... I found it too (just now) but didn't find it very enjoyable.  Tons of photos of an adorable puppy, though.  And yes, he DID look much slimmer!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I love your hub! I just checked...”The Joel McHale Show Starring Joel McHale” is now on my list.

• Love 2
On 2/18/2018 at 1:43 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Also, scroll way way way down to a mention of “Antonio Padron” and draw your own conclusions:

http://adventurebill1.blogspot.com/2016/12/cork-antonio-padron-wells-fargo.html?m=1

FTR I don’t think Tony was the wrong one here. 

Agreed. That guy sounds like a real piece of work. I mean, if you know your bank is calling and you were just in there the other day, perhaps it's a good idea to actually use the phone to talk to them? No, he'd rather make things worse by letting his mortgage continue to be in arrears and then waste lots of time by sitting in the bank waiting for things to get straightened out. Definitely sounds like a smart one to me! LOL

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 1

Apropos Christine

On 2/11/2018 at 4:16 PM, answerphone said:

"I'd really like to incorporate a frisbee into the wedding."

Stupidest thing ever. And now she has a video of her at the altar with a schlumpy husky-size schmatta hiding her gown. Wanted no bride ever.

• Love 5

Janelle's gift was sorely needed, and ignored.  It would have been SO much better than FT's sweaty blazer.  Proof to me that the blazer thing was staged to make FT look somehow better (as if anyone would think he was anything but another grifter looking to see his mug on TeeVee.)

Wedding from hell, and then some.  I've been to an outdoor winter wedding, and it was miles ahead of this one.  The bride wore a white parka, and only unveiled her dress at the indoor, HEATED reception.  There was lots of food, the wedding was held outside of a lodge where many of the guests stayed, AND for those who didn't want to witness up close, the vows were piped into the HEATED reception room.  There were hand and foot warmers for those who witnessed the vows in the snow (less than 15 minutes total outside in the cold.)  It was beautiful and no sick babies, or anyone else, had to suffer.

• Love 8

So, on another message board there has been much snarking about the married girls posting pregnancy pics with posts of "the baby is now the size of an apple, a pear, a tomato, a banana, etc, etc."  I can see FT saying, we're not using white people food for this.  The baby is the size of a street taco, an avacado, a quesadilla, etc.  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

So, on another message board there has been much snarking about the married girls posting pregnancy pics with posts of "the baby is now the size of an apple, a pear, a tomato, a banana, etc, etc."  I can see FT saying, we're not using white people food for this.  The baby is the size of a street taco, an avacado, a quesadilla, etc.  

.... a refried bean.

• Love 4
On 2/13/2018 at 5:12 AM, jenifaohjenny said:

That felt like a 90 minute infomercial selling us how great Tony is! Stop trying to make Tony happen. He is awful. He isn’t happening. 

This provided me with the laugh I needed.

No way am I buying that any of these fakers likes Tony. Not in the slightest. If they liked him, they wouldn't feel the need to keep POINTING IT OUT ALL THE DAMN TIME. "We looooove Tony! We just looooooove him! He's the beeeeeest! He's a braying jackass with a mean streak, but he's soooooo amaaaaazing! Did we mention who much we just adooooooore this toooootal aaaaaaasshole? Haaaaave weeeeee?"

No, you fucking don't love him. You know how we, the audience, knows? Because we can't stand him, either.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 12
On 2/13/2018 at 9:44 AM, islandgal140 said:

- His wedding attire: It looked like someone tried to put a suit on the Kool Aid Man. I kept waiting for him to break through a wall and scream "Oh Yeah!" When the father of the bride is dressed better than you there is a problem.

Bwahahaha!

Let's be fair here, Islandgal. Tony wasn't wearing a suit. More accurately, it looked like someone had tried to put dirty jeans, an ill-fitting button down shirt, and a size 8XL blazer on the Kool Aid man.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Bwahahaha!

Let's be fair here, Islandgal. Tony wasn't wearing a suit. More accurately, it looked like someone had tried to put dirty jeans, an ill-fitting button down shirt, and a size 8XL blazer on the Kool Aid man.

Your comment makes me LMAO!  Mr. Xword and I are STILL wondering why, in recent years, the Kool-Aid man is wearing frigging shorts!  I mean, come on.  So because he's the Kool-Aid MAN, that means he has junk, and therefore has to hide it?  PUH-LEEEEEZE!  

Back to topic, Tony is a total jackass, so in a way, Mykelti has married her jackass father.  Since he converted to Mormon, is he now going to do like Doofus, and fill called to polygamy?  I gotta wonder.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Since he converted to Mormon, is he now going to do like Doofus, and fill called to polygamy?  I gotta wonder.

My bets are on yes.  But with that said, can there actually be another woman in the universe that could possible want THAT in bed with her?  Eeewwwwww.  Pass me a barf bag.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

My bets are on yes.  But with that said, can there actually be another woman in the universe that could possible want THAT in bed with her?  Eeewwwwww.  Pass me a barf bag.

Yep, she'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel, that's true.  Wasn't it Truely that said "gross!" when she was asked what she thought of tonymykelti getting married?  Out of the mouths of babes.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yep, she'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel, that's true.  Wasn't it Truely that said "gross!" when she was asked what she thought of tonymykelti getting married?  Out of the mouths of babes.

Truely is one of my favourite Browns. 

• Love 3

Just wanted to say that somewhere around here, I posted about how this couple should have just gotten married on a roller coaster, if they wanted it to be so much fun.  Well, I actually saw a couple get married on Cony Island the other day on Say Yes to Dress and then they got onto the Sling Shot ride!  So funny.  AND the guests threw something at the couple and it appeared it might have been small frisbees.  I'm not sure which one was filmed first. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe